Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Popelmon posted:

Haven't listened to this episode yet, is it a new Pepsi commercial? Or still the old one? That one was so bad I made a vow never to buy Pepsi again when I heard it for the third time.

It's the same one. The same one that is in every Earwolf podcast. I think my brain is starting to switch off when I hear them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Am I the only extremely impatient podcast listener that just skips ads and songs?

Though a while back, I remember sitting through one of the songs in a CBB episode with Weird Al, Amy Phillips and Todd Glass and they cut off in the middle of the song to play an ad, I think? Do they always do that?

I think the only podcast where I don't skip ads is The Todd Glass show, because he turns them into bits. I've also been getting through the backlog of The Smartest Man in the World, and Greg Proops handles ads pretty well too.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Hsien-Ko posted:

Am I the only extremely impatient podcast listener that just skips ads and songs?

Though a while back, I remember sitting through one of the songs in a CBB episode with Weird Al, Amy Phillips and Todd Glass and they cut off in the middle of the song to play an ad, I think? Do they always do that?

I think the only podcast where I don't skip ads is The Todd Glass show, because he turns them into bits. I've also been getting through the backlog of The Smartest Man in the World, and Greg Proops handles ads pretty well too.

I *think* they retrofitted some ads into older CBBs and just put them in at certain time intervals rather than actually checking if they were ruining everything. It's less jarring now, but the hatred for that lovely Pepsi commercial is entirely justified. I hope it's bringing them in a shedload of cash because gently caress me is it awful.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
No, there are quite a few episodes where they put the ads in in the middle of the songs. At least, there were; I haven't gone back and re-listened. It was completely ridiculous. And I am fine not fast forwarding through ads (except the Pepsi ones) and comedy songs, but Scott has such god loving awful taste in music that when he has anyone do music in-studio (except Don't Stop or We'll Die, of course) I have to fast forward through them.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Man, I love Andy Kindler so much. Him getting mad about "Who said it?" cracked me up.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Hsien-Ko posted:

I find this impossible on every phone music player app. If you try to skip 1 minute it jumps 6:34 and then you try to go back and it goes 2:35. I know some apps let you hold the back or forward button for five second intervals but it never works out perfectly for me.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Cast No Engine posted:

I find this impossible on every phone music player app. If you try to skip 1 minute it jumps 6:34 and then you try to go back and it goes 2:35. I know some apps let you hold the back or forward button for five second intervals but it never works out perfectly for me.

Downcast lets you jump forward by 30 seconds and 2 minutes, as well as back by 30 and 15 seconds. Simply jump forward two minutes and hit back 15 seconds and you are done.

Also, it is a pretty good app all round.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
If you are not using "Pocket Casts" on your mobile you are punishing yourself.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm often playing a game while listening, so backing out and losing whatever progress I had is normally far more trouble than just sitting through the ads. I don't mind the LegalZoom ones since Scott's doing them and he changes them up often enough, but the Pepsi Next one has been there for a few weeks now and it's been the same one every time. It's also in improv4humans and I assume every other Earwolf podcast.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Did the newest Gelmania have Pepsi ads? Because that would be loving crazy.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I hope there's a Pepsi Next ad in the next Gelmania. Done by Gelman himself.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

SpacePig posted:

I'm often playing a game while listening, so backing out and losing whatever progress I had is normally far more trouble than just sitting through the ads. I don't mind the LegalZoom ones since Scott's doing them and he changes them up often enough, but the Pepsi Next one has been there for a few weeks now and it's been the same one every time. It's also in improv4humans and I assume every other Earwolf podcast.

I do the same. I really don't mind adds that are repeated. LegalZoom, Audible whatever.

But that Pepsi add. HOLY. poo poo. It's not just annoying, it it just insulting.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
On the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Apple just released a dedicated Podcast player app named, with Apple's usual flair for clever names, Podcasts. It's just a bit fancier, but has dedicated buttons for skipping 30 seconds back or forward. (regular music player only skips back) That one small thing is such a huge improvement when I listen to any podcasts that have annoying commercials or long rambling intros that I don't need to hear every time.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I was just relistening to the episode where Don Dimelo first shows up (Ep. 85) and its just hilarious hearing everyone else in the studio laughing. Paul F. Tompkins cracking up constantly as Andy Daly goes absurd and of course Seth Morris as Bob Ducca. Just a great episode.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Auritech posted:

It's the same one. The same one that is in every Earwolf podcast. I think my brain is starting to switch off when I hear them.

"...for your EAR-HOLES!"

It's almost enough to make me skip Earwolf podcasts

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Hsien-Ko posted:

Not really, although I think a majority of people skip directly to the plugs section (as you should).

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Mogambo posted:

Not really, although I think a majority of people skip directly to the plugs section (as you should).

Ok I'm going to pull a Harris and ask what is with everyone and plugs? People make all these songs for that segment and yet I see nothing special about it. I just don't get it and it makes me sad :( At least me and Harris are in agreement though so that's something.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's the best part of the show.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Lugaloco posted:

Ok I'm going to pull a Harris and ask what is with everyone and plugs? People make all these songs for that segment and yet I see nothing special about it. I just don't get it and it makes me sad :( At least me and Harris are in agreement though so that's something.

You get some important info after a well crafted theme song. Followed now by an excellent plug bag closing song and THEN the chupacabra wolfdead. What's not to love? It never disappoints.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
My favorite thing about plugs is that sometimes the wierdo who has been annoying for an hour leaves the room and talented comedian Paul F.Tompkins comes by to delight us all.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Poopy Palpy posted:

My favorite thing about plugs is that sometimes the wierdo who has been annoying for an hour leaves the room and talented comedian Paul F.Tompkins comes by to delight us all.

This is absolutely unprecedented. But I'll allow it.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Followed now by an excellent plug bag closing song

Closing up the plug bag
Closing up the plug bag

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I and many others always skip to the plug section. It's really the only part of the show I listen to. :)

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Eltoasto posted:

You get some important info after a well crafted theme song. Followed now by an excellent plug bag closing song and THEN the chupacabra wolfdead. What's not to love? It never disappoints.

I liked the Ben Schwartz "folly artist plug bag closing noise" more

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

LockHeart posted:

I liked the Ben Schwartz "folly artist plug bag closing noise" more

I'm disappointed that they only reused it once :(

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I've been doing a bit of a catchup, and man was I happy to hear the Hollywood Facts theme back again. "Take out your diiiiick" makes me laugh EVERY drat TIME.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I'm glad they brought back "Who Said It?"

also it's foley artist

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

"@ChelseaVPeretti: “@loverrlylucy: @twittels @ChelseaVPeretti are y'all doing a part 2 of CBB?” YEAH, TONITE!"

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I have a question about an earlier episode. I was just listening to episode 79, from November 2010, and I was wondering if anyone knew what Scott was talking about when he said "We've had an influx of new listeners because of a certain debacle"? I'm not sure what he's referring to and I was wondering if anyone knew.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Beeez posted:

I have a question about an earlier episode. I was just listening to episode 79, from November 2010, and I was wondering if anyone knew what Scott was talking about when he said "We've had an influx of new listeners because of a certain debacle"? I'm not sure what he's referring to and I was wondering if anyone knew.

Scott was really overstating the issue, but Z. Galifanakis was on the week before and mentioned having some big issues with how The Hangover 2 was developing. It was pretty clear that he was uncomfortable with Mel Gibson being in the film, and his comments on CDR helped to prevent him from having a Mike Tyson-esque cameo.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Ah, I see. I never knew that CBB was tied into all that "The cast doesn't want Mel Gibson to cameo" stuff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Well like every article that came out over the next week or two mentioned that ON INDIE 103.1's COMEDY DEATH-RAY PODCAST Zack spoke out about it

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
There was another debacle that Scott mentioned a lot on old episodes but never said exactly what happened. He got fired from being a writer on the MTV awards because he said that the bit with Sacha Baron Cohen dropping onto Eminem was staged. As if people couldn't figure that out already. Dumb thing to get fired because.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Then he got hired as head writer tr next year and the producers fired him immediately

Beeez
May 28, 2012

indigi posted:

Well like every article that came out over the next week or two mentioned that ON INDIE 103.1's COMEDY DEATH-RAY PODCAST Zack spoke out about it

I don't think I ever actually read an article about it, just heard it second-hand, and if I did I wouldn't have noted CBB at the time because I didn't listen to it until recently.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

FARTS AND PROCREATION PART TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mob posted:

FARTS AND PROCREATION PART TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If most people knew how excited I was about this, they would think me quite strange!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

cams posted:

If most people knew how excited I was about this, they would think me quite strange!

gently caress them. They're not your real friends. I'm your real friends. Harris Wittels is your real friends. Stab them in the kidneys. Stab them in the eyes. Kill your parents (kill your parents). kill your parents

cams
Mar 28, 2003

F&P2 Spoilers: Why did that Martha Plimpton thing make me laugh so hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm 8 minutes in and laughing way too hard.