Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Funkmaster General posted:

Don't remember much about this movie, but it was a horror movie (not a very good one) involving monsters that lived in radio static. At the climax of the movie the main characters were in a radio station or something and the monsters actually emerge in a physical form. I seem to recall that they looked kinda like the SH2 monsters but made out of television static.

Most of this is probably misremembered but hopefully there's enough there to figure out what I'm blabbing on about.

There is another one called Bad Channels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ctG3GX2xng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Mouser.. posted:

Sounds like The First Power with Lou Diamond Phillips.

Yup, this matches up. Thanks!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Noir film, black and white. Think it was about a newspaper reporter, ends up involving a woman who works at a modelling agency. I also recall the title being 'Headlines' or something newspaper related. One of the first scenes is in a cafe.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 17, 2012

OldCharlie
Jan 1, 2001
It was either a Disney Channel or ABC Family Original movie. About a girl sent to a private all girls school because she kept getting in trouble at home. She hates it at first and then makes friends. At one point she sets the school on fire. I can't remember any actors or anything. It's just bugging the poo poo out of me.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
There was a Hilary Duff TV movie where she got sent to a military academy called Cadet Kelly from when she was still a thing that I haven't seen. Also starring the wildly less successful Even Stevens sibling and Gary Cole.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Noir film, black and white. Think it was about a newspaper reporter, ends up involving a woman who works at a modelling agency. I also recall the title being 'Headlines' or something newspaper related. One of the first scenes is in a cafe.

Sounds like either I Wake Up Screaming or the remake Vicki. It might also be Over-Exposed.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

"Headline Hunters" 1955 - could be that.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've got two.

The first is a movie that was all over the Sci-Fi channel in the mid to late 90s. It was similar to Galaxy Quest in that it was about an actor who got transported to a setting similar to the one his show was based on. I remember a puzzle in what looked like Inca ruins, and he deduced the answer because one time on his show they dealt with how a pen was mightier than a sword. I know that is vague but I've seen goons in this thread work wonders.

The second one will be a bit easier to identify. It contained a dude popping out of a coffin at his own funeral and there was a machine gun in the coffin with him and he mowed down a bunch of dudes crashing his funeral. I believe this was a one man army movie where the dude faked his own death just for this scene to happen.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!

TTBF posted:

The first is a movie that was all over the Sci-Fi channel in the mid to late 90s. It was similar to Galaxy Quest in that it was about an actor who got transported to a setting similar to the one his show was based on. I remember a puzzle in what looked like Inca ruins, and he deduced the answer because one time on his show they dealt with how a pen was mightier than a sword. I know that is vague but I've seen goons in this thread work wonders.

I think this might be The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112292/

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
There was this film that I caught the end of several years back. It seemed to be a war film that I'm assuming was about breaking down the color barrier. At the end, one of the protagonists dies, and the rest of his unit make a final attack. The film cuts away to the end of the fight. The opposing army is dumping the bodies of the soldiers into a grave, and the two main characters (one black and one white) are buried right next to each other.

That is all I remember.

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics

JohnSherman posted:

There was this film that I caught the end of several years back. It seemed to be a war film that I'm assuming was about breaking down the color barrier. At the end, one of the protagonists dies, and the rest of his unit make a final attack. The film cuts away to the end of the fight. The opposing army is dumping the bodies of the soldiers into a grave, and the two main characters (one black and one white) are buried right next to each other.

That is all I remember.

Glory: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097441/

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Yes. Thank you!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I Love My Axe posted:

I think this might be The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112292/

Yes, this appears to be it. Thank you!

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
I've been thinking about this movie lately as I've been watching lots of movies from the 80s for whatever odd reason. The only thing I can absolutely remember is there is a tree with these creatures hanging from it. A guy goes under the tree or something and this creature (maybe an upside down bat thing?) grabs him and pulls him inside.

While inside this creature the guy is squirming around and I think liquid is pouring out. After whatever time the bones fall to the ground. I think it was a darker sort of movie -- you know, group of heroes with swords finding the evil villain/sorcerer maybe traveling to a dark castle. It has been bugging the poo poo out of me.

I watched this movie when I was younger, so it is from the 80s or early 90s.

edit: I think it was The Beastmaster! I was just thinking about it and the name popped into my head. Gonna check it out.

bigzak fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 23, 2012

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

bigzak posted:

I've been thinking about this movie lately as I've been watching lots of movies from the 80s for whatever odd reason. The only thing I can absolutely remember is there is a tree with these creatures hanging from it. A guy goes under the tree or something and this creature (maybe an upside down bat thing?) grabs him and pulls him inside.

While inside this creature the guy is squirming around and I think liquid is pouring out. After whatever time the bones fall to the ground. I think it was a darker sort of movie -- you know, group of heroes with swords finding the evil villain/sorcerer maybe traveling to a dark castle. It has been bugging the poo poo out of me.

I watched this movie when I was younger, so it is from the 80s or early 90s.

edit: I think it was The Beastmaster! I was just thinking about it and the name popped into my head. Gonna check it out.

Beastmaster has come up so many times, with such bizarre descriptions, that I think I really need to track down a copy.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

bigzak posted:

Yes it is. And everyone should watch Beastmaster at least once (preferably wrecked on something).

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

So I remember seeing part of this movie on TV once, it was a horror movie of a sort (the kind where the Plucky Teen has to Save the Village, probably from vampires or something), but with a twist. The main guy - said Plucky Teen - is actually in a movie like that, or rather one that plays out regularly in real life in the town like some kind of curse or Twilight Zone thing. One of his allies is an old cop/sheriff/similar who used to be the Plucky Teen until he got too old for it or something. It was obviously self-aware about the whole idea, but still played it relatively straight. The channel I saw it on wasn't one for big blockbuster type movies, so I don't think it was an especially big, expensive, or well-known film, but it could just be old enough to be cheap. It didn't seem very old, though, maybe late 90s through last decade?

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
oh my god bear is driving how can that be!?

TorpedoBeetle posted:

The second one was a horror/sci-fi flick set in a mansion, and there are aliens or monsters or something killing people? All I remember is an 80s-style 'radical' kid, possibly the protagonist, and he finds dead people (including his parents) all over the mansion like they died in their tracks; lying in bed, in the bathroom, walking down the hall, etc. The corpses are basically piles of steaming gunk laid out in vaguely human shape. There may or may not have been some kind of a vault in the mansion? I can't remember much else, except that it scared the ever-loving poo poo out of me when I was a kid, and gave me nightmares for years.
This sounds a little bit like Terrorvision. Mostly the "steaming gunk" part of the description.
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUD0jgnoS-8

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

One of his allies is an old cop/sheriff/similar who used to be the Plucky Teen until he got too old for it or something. It was obviously self-aware about the whole idea, but still played it relatively straight.

Probably not it but this part of the description reminds me of of Fright Night (1985).

TorpedoBeetle
Jan 23, 2004
Goon Justice
420-everyday

FUCK TELLTALE
GAMES

Flux Equals Rad posted:

This sounds a little bit like Terrorvision. Mostly the "steaming gunk" part of the description.
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUD0jgnoS-8

Judging from the trailer, I'm pretty sure that's it! Good catch, I know my description was pretty vague. Thanks a lot!

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

TetsuoTW posted:

One of his allies is an old cop/sheriff/similar who used to be the Plucky Teen until he got too old for it or something.

This might be Night of the Creeps.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I've been trying to remember a movie, I think it was from the 80s, that featured a long scene of a guy (possibly in a leather jacket?) cutting and eating a frozen pizza -- at least I think it was a pizza?

I think it may actually be a well-known movie and I'm just totally blanking on what it was.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've been trying to remember a movie, I think it was from the 80s, that featured a long scene of a guy (possibly in a leather jacket?) cutting and eating a frozen pizza -- at least I think it was a pizza?

I think it may actually be a well-known movie and I'm just totally blanking on what it was.

I'm 90% sure that's Cobra

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Opopanax posted:

I'm 90% sure that's Cobra

That was quick, thanks! Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking about. I had forgotten about Stallone throwing a newspaper into a barbecue and using scissors to cut the pizza, what the hell...

sgnewman2000
Jul 6, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is kind of a longshot since I'm not that clear on all the details. Anyways, the scene involves a con of some kind in which a man and a woman are ripping off a mark. If I remember correctly the guy (male conman) bursts into a room to find the woman (female conman) alone with the mark. There's a struggle and the woman is somehow killed. The mark, not wanting to be involved in a murder, hightails it the gently caress out of there leaving behind money or something of value. Of course the woman isn't dead, it was just a scam to rip the guy off and then get rid of him in a hurry. I think the details are right but I may be mistaken and/or forgetting something. This is driving me nuts so I'd appreciate any help.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

sgnewman2000 posted:

This is kind of a longshot since I'm not that clear on all the details. Anyways, the scene involves a con of some kind in which a man and a woman are ripping off a mark. If I remember correctly the guy (male conman) bursts into a room to find the woman (female conman) alone with the mark. There's a struggle and the woman is somehow killed. The mark, not wanting to be involved in a murder, hightails it the gently caress out of there leaving behind money or something of value. Of course the woman isn't dead, it was just a scam to rip the guy off and then get rid of him in a hurry. I think the details are right but I may be mistaken and/or forgetting something. This is driving me nuts so I'd appreciate any help.

That all pretty much happens in the recent The Samaritan, but I feel like its an older movie you're looking for...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
could be The Grifters.

sgnewman2000
Jul 6, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pweller posted:

That all pretty much happens in the recent The Samaritan, but I feel like its an older movie you're looking for...

it's def an older movie, thanks for the response.

sgnewman2000
Jul 6, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Schweinhund posted:

could be The Grifters.

hmmmmm, I'll have to check this out

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

sgnewman2000 posted:

Something similar happened in Derailed.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

sgnewman2000 posted:

This happened in House of Games except it was two male conmen ripping off a woman.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I need help-not a movie but a movie trailer. I saw this back when I went to see Spiderman 3 in theaters. A movie trailer came up. It showed a guy in a lab coat walking into down a corridor, into a room where 3 men were lying down on beds. They all had metal boxes around their heads. They take the metal boxes off their heads and all of the men have cube heads. They all look amazed except for one-who starts flipping out. Then they put the box back on his head, then it shows a date then the trailer ends. This has really been bugging me as I can't find any info on this. It might have been an ad for something, but I'm pretty drat sure it was a movie trailer. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xandoom posted:

I need help-not a movie but a movie trailer. I saw this back when I went to see Spiderman 3 in theaters. A movie trailer came up. It showed a guy in a lab coat walking into down a corridor, into a room where 3 men were lying down on beds. They all had metal boxes around their heads. They take the metal boxes off their heads and all of the men have cube heads. They all look amazed except for one-who starts flipping out. Then they put the box back on his head, then it shows a date then the trailer ends. This has really been bugging me as I can't find any info on this. It might have been an ad for something, but I'm pretty drat sure it was a movie trailer. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this.

I found your answer in under 30 seconds by Googling "men with cube heads metal box". It's an ad for the Toyota Scion and you can find it here

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

That's the one! Kind of a messed up ad for a car-I would have sworn that's a movie. Anyway thanks for finding that, it's been bothering me for years!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Zogo posted:

Probably not it but this part of the description reminds me of of Fright Night (1985).
No such luck, but thanks anyway.

Rawles
Mar 16, 2007
Very vague:

So I'm thinking of a comedy movie that I quote all the time. One person says "bueno" to the group, and then someone responds "vamanos" and they all run off together. The problem is that it's all in how they say it that I love. The "beuno" sounds like they're really excited, and they hold out the O for a while.

Any luck?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I spent the better part of the day combing YouTube, Wikipedia and Google for this and I cannot find it. I know I saw it referenced somewhere online before, but if I found it previously, I can't find it now. I may also be very well conflating this with several other things I've seen.

I recall an animated feature, one or two hours long, I used to watch on video when I was a kid - this was sometime between 1980 and 1983, so it was produced either during this timeframe or the late '70s. It may have been made for television and not theatrical, but I can't be sure. It was about a group of animals, maybe mice, in a band, and the main singer was a blond female mouse, who was the focus of the movie (and desired by the villain, possibly). It may have involved some kind of quest, or had fantasy elements, and I recall it kind of having a darker tone than most kiddie fare - part of the reason I'm trying to remember it was I got into a discussion with a friend about things we watched as kids that were slightly disturbing.

As far as animation style goes, I want to say it was Rankin/Bass or Nelvana, but looking at their output on IMDB and Wikipedia, I don't see anything produced by them resembling what I'm describing.

That said, this is what this is NOT:

1) Rock and Rule - From Nelvana - I know what I described above sounds a hell of a lot like this, but I watched several parts of this on YouTube and I'm 99.9 percent sure this was not it - the feature I saw did not have the post-apocalyptic setting that this has, also since this one would have been released after '83, I wouldn't have seen it on video. The music in the feature I'm trying to remember was more folksy/'70s-style pop than what's on the soundtrack in Rock and Rule.

2) The Devil and Daniel Mouse - another Nelvana production with a singing female mouse - also watched this one today on YouTube and again, although the music in this is more along the lines of the thing I watched as a kid, I'm 99 percent certain this is not it (too short of a running time).

3) Anything with singing animals produced after '83-'84.

This is slowly driving me nuts, and it's frustrating because usually I'm good at figuring this stuff out, but I'm beginning to wonder how obscure this thing really was because I haven't seen anything that would jog my memory about it. Any help would be appreciated!

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Bruteman posted:

I spent the better part of the day combing YouTube, Wikipedia and Google for this and I cannot find it. I know I saw it referenced somewhere online before, but if I found it previously, I can't find it now. I may also be very well conflating this with several other things I've seen.

I recall an animated feature, one or two hours long, I used to watch on video when I was a kid - this was sometime between 1980 and 1983, so it was produced either during this timeframe or the late '70s. It may have been made for television and not theatrical, but I can't be sure. It was about a group of animals, maybe mice, in a band, and the main singer was a blond female mouse, who was the focus of the movie (and desired by the villain, possibly). It may have involved some kind of quest, or had fantasy elements, and I recall it kind of having a darker tone than most kiddie fare - part of the reason I'm trying to remember it was I got into a discussion with a friend about things we watched as kids that were slightly disturbing.

As far as animation style goes, I want to say it was Rankin/Bass or Nelvana, but looking at their output on IMDB and Wikipedia, I don't see anything produced by them resembling what I'm describing.

The Secret Of Nimh? I don't remember a singing element in that movie but it was rather dark and creepy for kids.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I'm certain this a fairly famous film, nothing too obscure, pretty sure it was black and white and 40s or 50s, probably 50s.

A man is on trial for murder in a small town in America, it's a courtroom drama and the point is not whether or not he murdered the man but whether it was justified. The man he murdered was allegedly trying to rape the accused's wife/girlfriend but she was known for being a man-eater and spends the film coming onto to the defence lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatomy_of_a_Murder