Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Wouldn't wear that during CL ties or something. It's a specific set of conditions.

it's amazing the white away almost never looks bad. I can remember some ehhhh looking home kits (mostly because the adidas template of the year was really ehhhhh) but the white away is always really sharp looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008
I happen to be of the opinion that that Milan kit with the pocket square is absolutely preposterous and looks terrible.

You either go full retro with a pocket and collar and keep it simple and old school looking, or be "expressionist" with your painted on italian flag detail and make the kit work with that accordingly. What they've done is combine the two to the worst possible effect and it does not look stylish or good on a football kit. gently caress Mad Men, but in terms of mass appeal, an italian flag style 'pocket square' that was in this style above a fake pocket:

Would have looked incredible and everyone would have been saying "thats an amazing detail".

Stupid loving poo poo from Adidas, who continue to mostly suck balls. They aren't as drastically WTF as some of the Nike kits this year but time and again, their designers prove that they don't really 'get' subtlety or how fashion works.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

harperdc posted:

it's amazing the white away almost never looks bad. I can remember some ehhhh looking home kits (mostly because the adidas template of the year was really ehhhhh) but the white away is always really sharp looking.

Once again it's the nicest kit we have. I'm a bit annoyed as I have as many white kits as Red+Black ones at this point simply because they've been nicer lately. Get a proper thick red and black striped kit you turds.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

I'd just moved into my new place near West Quay when I saw a huge queue forming around the entrance. Wander over wondering what it was for, and noticed that most of them were wearing Southampton Shirts. Walked inside to see that monstrosity plastered all over the shop face. Just wow. And people were queuing to buy the bloody thing.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Private Eye posted:

I'd just moved into my new place near West Quay when I saw a huge queue forming around the entrance. Wander over wondering what it was for, and noticed that most of them were wearing Southampton Shirts. Walked inside to see that monstrosity plastered all over the shop face. Just wow. And people were queuing to buy the bloody thing.

Football fans are idiots, i've even seen 1 or 2 people around town wearing that new United dish cloth thing.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Football fans are idiots, i've even seen 1 or 2 people around town wearing that new United dish cloth thing.

I've seen a couple, looks even worse in person, cannot believe people are forking over large amounts of real money for it :ughh:

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Ninpo posted:

I've seen a couple, looks even worse in person, cannot believe people are forking over large amounts of real money for it :ughh:

Someone, whether it be United or Nike will know they've hosed up though. Normally by this time there are people everywhere milling about in the new United kit, this year i've literally seen 5 at most, so it must be selling in tiny tiny numbers. Might mean you are guaranteed better kits for the foreseeable future.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/07/macron-recycle-old-leeds-united-training-tops-for-millwall/

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Not sure why the person felt the need to write that to be honest. Kit templates are used over numerous clubs every year and noone bats an eyelid, so of course it will happen with training tops, its nothing new.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Botany As Optimism posted:

I happen to be of the opinion that that Milan kit with the pocket square is absolutely preposterous and looks terrible.

You either go full retro with a pocket and collar and keep it simple and old school looking, or be "expressionist" with your painted on italian flag detail and make the kit work with that accordingly. What they've done is combine the two to the worst possible effect and it does not look stylish or good on a football kit. gently caress Mad Men, but in terms of mass appeal, an italian flag style 'pocket square' that was in this style above a fake pocket:

Would have looked incredible and everyone would have been saying "thats an amazing detail".

Stupid loving poo poo from Adidas, who continue to mostly suck balls. They aren't as drastically WTF as some of the Nike kits this year but time and again, their designers prove that they don't really 'get' subtlety or how fashion works.

Hahaha, it's just a football shirt mate.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.

your shirts are still amazingly worse than ours so

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Botany As Optimism posted:

Just be glad Nike didn't take away your red and black stripes for no reason.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I'd actually really like to see Milan do what Barcelona did in 0809 and do half-red/half-black. With white shorts it would look really cool IMO

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008

Shrapnac posted:

Hahaha, it's just a football shirt mate.

stop posting in this thread

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Genoa's home shirt. Without the sponsor this is pretty nice, the Lotto badges don't seem too intrusive and the inscription under the crest looks good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Genoa's crest is loving great

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Genoa's home shirt. Without the sponsor this is pretty nice, the Lotto badges don't seem too intrusive and the inscription under the crest looks good.

Any idea what it says? Seems like scribbling some poo poo under your crest is now all the rage in Serie A.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gigi Galli posted:

Any idea what it says? Seems like scribbling some poo poo under your crest is now all the rage in Serie A.

'Il Club piu antico d’Italia'

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

'Il Club piu antico d’Italia'

Ah, "Italy's oldest club", which is true!

E: That's actually not entirely the right translation; "antico" implies a bit of reverence and history.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Blackburn away:

Here, let me handle this:

"That's class."

"It's just a plain shirt, why are people jizzing over this?"

"Umbro are the best, ugh why did we sign with Nike?"

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

trem_two posted:

Blackburn away:

Neato

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I was looking around on Genoa's website after that kit was posted and this is apparently how they presented it

nice

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Amazing. I heard the Blackburn away one was revealed by a kid being allowed to wear it for PE class.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I was looking around on Genoa's website after that kit was posted and this is apparently how they presented it

nice

That's fantastic showmanship right there.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Gigi Galli posted:

nice

God loving dammit why didn't Liverpool do this on the Mersey

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

T. Mascis posted:

God loving dammit why didn't Liverpool do this on the Mersey

Too many shopping trolleys.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

trem_two posted:

Here, let me handle this:

"That's class."

"It's just a plain shirt, why are people jizzing over this?"

"Umbro are the best, ugh why did we sign with Nike?"
Thread in a nutshell yeah. Put me down for option B.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley
Umbro hasnt forgotten how to do stripes, it's just their English teams department getting screwed:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That's an extremely nice kit overall. Even the socks are great.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The away kit is black shirt, red shorts. It's not bad, but definitely a step down from the awesome green shirt from last year

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

It's not so bad really.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Cute zipper.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Was Taters posted:

Cute zipper.

That's one weird collar on the right.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

11b1p posted:

It's not so bad really.

Hahahah yes it is. That looks so bad its amazing

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I think it's supposed to be the Anfield gates or whatever but that sleeve looks like it has a lame tribal design in it.

Also that looks like it could be a Vergara-era Saprissa shirt so I automatically despise it and anyone wearing it.

e: I don't think this was ever a real Saprissa kit but those were the colors and the designs were that bad so I'm leaving it here for reference :laugh:

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 5, 2012

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

tbp posted:

Hahahah yes it is. That looks so bad its amazing
I genuinely like the socks.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Drogadon posted:

I think it's supposed to be the Anfield gates or whatever but that sleeve looks like it has a lame tribal design in it.

This was mentioned when mockups were floating around but it's not the Shankly Gates it's just terrible tribal

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Was Taters posted:

Cute zipper.

Love that neon yellow

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

The Athletic kit further up the page is brilliant btw, might get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

nice
Hahahah this is awesome, Genoa knows how to do things properly.