Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If we ever get a spines brute no way it will get quills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Abroham Lincoln posted:

the "no TW for Stalkers" fiasco

I'm still mad I can't have a Titan Weapon/Fiery Aura Stalker named 'Subtlety is Overrated'

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Free Headcrab posted:

If we ever get a spines brute no way it will get quills.

I want to believe. Double fury boosted damage auras gives me a math boner. And I'm not sure if it'd even be all that good, but I want it anyway.

BenRGamer posted:

I'm still mad I can't have a Titan Weapon/Fiery Aura Stalker named 'Subtlety is Overrated'

Electric/Energy, and run your disco stun aura all the time, and Lightning Rod as often as possible. The idea of "subtle secondaries" kind of got thrown out the door when you hide by covering yourself in a huge block of ice, or by covering yourself in electricity. Also, regenerating so hard you turn invisible. :toot:

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 5, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I want a Titan Weapons combiantion primary and secondary for Stalkers. Hide involves just standing the thing up vertically and pressing yourself against it. Assassin's Strike has a thirty second animation that involves three false starts before your character just caves the target's skull in.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Without even doing the math, I think it'd be safe to say that a spines/fire brute would push ss/fire out of its position of farming king. Damage auras already contribute more than any aoe when farming, I can't imagine how insane having 2 fury boosted ones would be.

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
New weapon models include a potted palm, a circular shower curtain and a giant cardboard cutout of a random NPC minion.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rixen posted:

New weapon models include a potted palm, a circular shower curtain and a giant cardboard cutout of a random NPC minion.

I wish all of these were real :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

News!

Water Blast is next Tuesday. Get your obvious pee/semen/menstruation joke names ready, and join the group of literally everyone else who's obviously going to do the same

YAY! :neckbeard:

Abroham Lincoln posted:

and the one lonely guy who ripped off Aquaman.

Aww!

:smith:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Kheldarn posted:

YAY! :neckbeard:

Aww!

:smith:

That looks really good especially with the :downs: face

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That looks really good especially with the :downs: face
I've had a Aquaman spoof outfit since like 2008. I adjusted it to the newer 'Outrageous!' Brave and the Bold design, which I prefer over the 1970 Superfriend look I've used before.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Got my code from the contest! I have no idea what adding it to my account did, if anything, but I got it.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

LaserShark posted:

Got my code from the contest! I have no idea what adding it to my account did, if anything, but I got it.

it gives you a permanent account-wide costume change power, just have no idea what costume until I log in and check. I got a Rulu-shin costume power from the circus contest and I really want the moving eyeball chest piece for other costumes!

edit: I can't add it to my main account, so I assume it's one I already have. That means it's Rulu-shin or Coralax or whatever the other one I have is

Pez fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 5, 2012

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Pez posted:

it gives you a permanent account-wide costume change power, just have no idea what costume until I log in and check. I got a Rulu-shin costume power from the circus contest and I really want the moving eyeball chest piece for other costumes!

edit: I can't add it to my main account, so I assume it's one I already have. That means it's Rulu-shin or Coralax or whatever the other one I have is

Oh, I see. Cool. Looks like I got the Rulu-Shin as well. Pretty nifty.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
ARGGGGH!
So I'm on this pub team, and it's going really well. We're a well-oiled Steamroller Of Death. You all know what's coming next:
"We should up the difficulty"

Next mission: SWARMING with Tsoo. 50 Red Ink Men in the first room alone. 3 different sorcerers and 2 ancient spirits. I counted all this because as the stalker, I was the only one not getting ganked to poo poo.
We managed to clear the first room through Zerg Rushes and the leader goes "how about we all leave, and I go turn down the difficulty?"
We do, he does.
It doesn't work.
So for whatever reason, they decide to go ahead and attempt to work their way to the glowie.
Now I'm not the only stalker on the team, there's two of us, but she's committed to The Stupid.
I've stealthed ahead, laughing at how much poo poo was in this map and got to the glowie room, when one of em teleported us all back together.
So I'm like "okay here's the room layout, I can get the glowie but I can NOT clear the room out too, if the other stalker acts as a distraction we could do it. Hell I'll even act as the distraction"
These fucks are still determined to take on the 150 enemies on floor 2!
They're dying by the butt loads, and the one time I actually try to go in and help, I rear end Strike one sorcerer before I wipe.

So now I've died, and I'm pissed. I use the Temp Rez power I have somehow, run away, hide, and go back to the glowie room.
I managed to actually get through the progress bar before things start attacking me and I die.
I pop a rez, wait to regen all the way. By that point, most of the room is on the other side and with their backs to me.
Holy poo poo, it's loving backstab time!
I get off ONE backstab, before some other chick teleports us all back down to the elevator!

I go running back up there in attempt to keep going (hell maybe I can get off another backstab on the sorcerer) and they see me and one-shot me.

I can't remember the last time I rage-quite City Of loving Heroes, but there ya go.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Crap, that missions not resetting bug is still cropping up?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe. Then again, Team Leader may not have known to select another mission then pick the mission they were trying to run, to reset it.

As for the TP thing, you should have turned on the Prompt Teleport option after the first time.

Tanglefoe
Feb 29, 2012
Anybody playing Bio Armor on beta have any suggestions for what to pair it with when it goes live? I'm sitting on enough points to buy it when it happens but playing time is kind of limmited for me so I don't really mess around. Thanks!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

WeX Majors posted:

I can't remember the last time I rage-quite City Of loving Heroes, but there ya go.

I can't remember the last time a mission was remotely difficult with a team of 4+

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Patware posted:

I can't remember the last time a mission was remotely difficult with a team of 4+

It's that magic phrase, "We're doing fine, let's up the difficulty!!!" Debt will surely follow.

Of course, debt is a hundred times less now than in the Old Times. Seriously.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The difficulty of a mission isn't determined by the difficulty setting, it's determined by the number of untanked bosses.

Fauntleroy
May 8, 2007

I am a song!

Sup Duckman, I was the other stalker. Our team sucked for a lot of reasons but drat if it wasn't fun as hell. Stick with the team next time instead of running off, you'll be more useful/have more fun.

If you stuck with us you'd get to see stuff like

- The controller using a single attack, then /e stancevillain2 for a few minutes before doing another attack

- The mastermind letting his bots chase after teleporting sorcerers, pulling groups from other rooms

- And me, missing 9/10 times I attack cause I'm too cheap to buy enhancements until I can get SOs :tipshat:

But come on man, stealthing a mission is so three years ago. And definitely turn on prompt team teleport under general options, it's a must when seemingly everyone has Assemble the Team.

E:

Bieeardo posted:

Crap, that missions not resetting bug is still cropping up?

It might be, I saw him switch missions when we exited and he claimed to get the 'Abandon mission progress' pop-up when he did it.

Fauntleroy fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 6, 2012

Fauntleroy
May 8, 2007

I am a song!

E: Quote is not edit.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

A team like that is exactly the time to quit, and pop into global and get a team going with goons. I wouldn't have made it as long as he did

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Seriously, this is why we have the channel.

Prompt team TP is mandatory, no exceptions.

Also tell me the name of that controller, I need to have a word with them.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

It's me, I'm the controller that casts one skill and goes AFK.

(Because it's Seeds of Confusion)

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Slung Blade posted:

Seriously, this is why we have the channel.

Prompt team TP is mandatory, no exceptions.

Also tell me the name of that controller, I need to have a word with them.

I never turn on prompt team teleport, because I live for the adventure. :colbert:

Also my life somehow got worse so I'll be gone for a bit.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Cuchulain posted:

I never turn on prompt team teleport, because I live for the adventure. :colbert:

Did you actually die this time?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Cuchulain posted:

I hope you're writing all this poo poo down Cuch, because I will write a non fiction tragedy novel out of your life.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Slung Blade posted:

I hope you're writing all this poo poo down Cuch, because I will write a non fiction tragedy novel out of your life.

I will write the erotic fanfic that is based loosely on a mix of BMUs book and an amalgamation of all the tits in the banner ads on the bottom of each page of these forums.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hi posted:

I will write the erotic fanfic that is based loosely on a mix of BMUs book and an amalgamation of all the tits in the banner ads on the bottom of each page of these forums.

loving awesome, maybe we can get a twofer publishing deal and make some profit off of Cuch's horrid luck and rub even more salt in his wounds.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
If anyone is profiting off my suffering it's me. I'm strongly considering taking your advice and moving up to Canada at this point, BMU.

How're the new sets shaping up, is Water still awesome?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I haven't heard of any changes being made to Water recently. And since it's launching next week I doubt anything will be changed at this point anyway. Ought to be pretty good.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
I find it humorous that water blast is coming out without a snipe at the same time they announce blast(er) buffs in the form of insta cast snipes.

It was fun on the test server tho

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Water's STs aren't really that good to begin with, they're about the same cast time but 10% lower damage than everything else. The main gimmick is that it's an AOE monster. It's pretty much Archery 2.0 except with more utility. If you can slot -res procs in it then it might be pretty good ST anyway.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
It has -def as a secondary effect so Achille's Heel procs will fit in there nicely. Pair it with a -res debuffing secondary for extra joy too.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Cuchulain posted:

How're the new sets shaping up, is Water still awesome?

For blasters, it's nice if you're willing to sacrifice some damage for control. ST damage is blah, but it has 4 great AoEs, plenty of knockdown and -def, and a heal.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Does Paragon still do reinvite codes? If so, I've been inactive since the end of March and could use one from a North American account. Covered, thanks!

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 7, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I sent you one. If you decide to resub you'll get free paragon store points woohoo!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Woo, thanks! Resubbed and everything.

Edit: And somehow I have more characters than slot unlock tokens on Virtue. Time to hope support can send some love my way.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
UH OH, I miss you bro and I saw you on the other night.

BTW, don't ever changes my bars again.

• Locked thread