Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Is Riquelme retiring or going somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I don't know if there's much truth in it. There's just been a lot of head butting between Riquelme and Falcioni. When they didn't win the Clausura, fingers were always going to be pointed.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Sosa is supposed to be better than Orion at stopping penalties. Maybe it was a lucky injury.

edit:I'm like a day late. On topic: Riquelme is a oval office and is trying to be a player-manager going over Falcioni.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The stream I'm watching had a compilation the best goals of the Blue Square Premiere League at halftime. It was great, they basically were fluky deflections that caught the keeper off guard.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Hahahaha that goal, so flukey.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lucky yet still brilliant goal.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Prepare for this 1-0 to be ground out in typical Corinthians fashion.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Haha, gently caress you Boca!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You know what, I might as well start drinking now, because Corinthians winning this is a sign that the times are ending. And Boca is not really doing well enough to give me hope for a tie or a comeback...

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Oh wow, Boca serving it up on a silver platter for Corinthians.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
It's over, great counter.

Well not much of a counter but great gently caress up by boca hahahah.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Awesome by Emerson

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Welp, that was it I guess. Schiavi should retire right now, no time to end the match.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Emerson is hilarious! How many minutes till the punching?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Please tell me your streams picked up on that hand biting. Holy poo poo, the :lol:s are pouring out.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not watching a stream but I'm still laughing about it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Deserved win, Corinthians bossed the 2nd half of this game.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Well, the only consolation I can take from this is that Corinthians are still in 19th. 4 points from 6 games for the Champions of South America.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
That was a surprisingly calm game for a South American cup final.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
gently caress!
It's been a long time since Boca played a game so lovely.
At least this time Riber Plate fans bought the right shirt after so many.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Tanque Silva was the worst player I've seen in a final. To think people were saying he should be called up for Uruguay (and some idiots said Argentina should call him).

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
He's good but not the right player for Boca, his style is more for a small team that plays defensive with a lonely striker. Or maybe in a team where he plays the bench warmer role.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Watched the game and while it was kinda boring at times it was a nice game. So addition to the Brazilian league what other south american leagues are good to watch while the euro's ones are in offseason mode?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

No one else is playing. Brazil never stops but the rest have their break at the same time than in Europe. I think Argentina still has the Copa Argentina final to play but that's it, I believe.

Maybe you can watch some MLS?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Too bad for Boca and sucks that Roman is leaving :(

I think only Brazil and MLS are going on right now and contrary to popular belief MLS is not that bad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Corinthians winning this trophy means that Milan still hold the title of "Club with the most trophies, including a bunch of poo poo and worthless ones" so that kind of makes me happy.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Drogadon posted:

Too bad for Boca and sucks that Roman is leaving :(

I think only Brazil and MLS are going on right now and contrary to popular belief MLS is not that bad.

MLS is great until you start following the Sounders :(
But yeah, MLS is really entertaining.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gigi Galli posted:

Corinthians winning this trophy means that Milan still hold the title of "Club with the most trophies, including a bunch of poo poo and worthless ones" so that kind of makes me happy.

You mean international, right? Because Rangers or like, some Northern Irish team has a billion league titles

edit: I mean continental but I don't know if this makes any sense still

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

You mean international, right? Because Rangers or like, some Northern Irish team has a billion league titles

edit: I mean continental but I don't know if this makes any sense still

Im not even sure what it means, to be honest. Berlusconi came up with it a few seasons ago and it's plastered all over everything Milan puts out now.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
If wikipedia is right Boca Juniors and AC Milan are tied in 18 international titles.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Just start watching Grêmio games and join the interminable suffering that has been supporting this goddamn club in the 00s.

I still can't believe Corinthians won. I mean, who the gently caress are we supposed to mock for not having any international titles? Fluminense? C'mon.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Drogadon posted:

Polidoro posted:

No one else is playing. Brazil never stops but the rest have their break at the same time than in Europe. I think Argentina still has the Copa Argentina final to play but that's it, I believe.

Maybe you can watch some MLS?

I do follow the MLS and it's really good these days which only going to be better over time. I love going to my Fire home games as a season ticket holder. Anyway I guess it's just MLS and Brazilian for me.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dias posted:

I still can't believe Corinthians won. I mean, who the gently caress are we supposed to mock for not having any international titles? Fluminense? C'mon.

Can't wait for all the smug that will appear when they add a continental star to their crest. It will be ridiculously stupid.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

valeu timão :toot:

Vinestalk posted:

Can't wait for all the smug that will appear when they add a continental star to their crest. It will be ridiculously stupid.

no matter how many competitions corinthians wins, I'm quite certain we'll never attain the level of smugness that são paulo supporters had when muricy was at the helm (they managed to make a corinthians supporter hate them more than palmeiras supporters, which I would have never considered possible)

also, I only really noticed it this year but yeah holy gently caress the supporters of literally every other team in brazil seem to have it out for us

it is the natural way of things for other teams from são paulo to be against corinthians, and for rio teams due to the old rio/são paulo rivalry, and I guess inter fans could be rankled about that business in 2005, but why would a grêmio fan care? why would a cruzeiro fan?

Machado de Assis fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 6, 2012

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Machado de Assis posted:

valeu timão :toot:

no matter how many competitions corinthians wins, I'm quite certain we'll never attain the level of smugness that são paulo supporters had when muricy was at the helm (they managed to make a corinthians supporter hate them more than palmeiras supporters, which I would have never considered possible)

also, I only really noticed it this year but yeah holy gently caress the supporters of literally every other team in brazil seem to have it out for us

it is the natural way of things for other teams from são paulo to be against corinthians, and for rio teams due to the old rio/são paulo rivalry, and I guess inter fans could be rankled about that business in 2005, but why would a grêmio fan care? why would a cruzeiro fan?

Because people always hate the favorites? Or, more importantly, because people will always hate the "establishment" teams? When Flamengo is relevant, they tend to get the same type of hate.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Riquelme Pecho Frio!

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah, just read in the news about him leaving. I thought it was mainly paper talk earlier in the season about his confrontations with the club, but the signs were all there. He did look pretty lackluster and unmotivated in SP. Before he went back to Boca, he was constantly linked with a retirement tour in the MLS. Fully expect those rumors to come back.

Machado de Assis posted:

This is true. To compound on what joepinetree said, I think the majority of fans outside of Rio/Sao always roll their eyes a bit when a Rio/Sao team wins.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Forlan signed with Internacional.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Dida...

http://video.repubblica.it/sport/ronaldinho-batte-dida-nel-campionato-brasiliano/100259/98638?ref=fblc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Some things never change.