Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuribo
Aug 2, 2003

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Wild T posted:

Not only is it it a slow-motion barechested man-grapple, but Ocelot can grabs you in a CQC hold that you need to tap a button to escape. If you don't, he hits you for a lot of damage whispers your name into you ear and kisses you on the cheek. The final fight scene in MGS4 is one old man shy of being lemon party.

Also, there were several jokes about Raiden's cock in MGS2, and an entire scene where you're forced to run around totally naked while holding your junk with one hand. I think MGS is at it's best when it goes off on hilariously goofy benders like that.

Edit: And by 'tap a button' I mean wiggle a stick. Which is displayed by a gyrating stick icon right over a character's crotch. :dong:

Also, the singer during the waggling stick icon: "What a thrilll...."

MGS 3 also had a character that was well known to be gay. (looked just like Raiden) Pretty sure there were a few other gay implications in MGS3.

Vamp from MGS2 was called that "because he's bisexual" according to Otacon.

I mean, there are ALOT of gay undertones / overtones in the MGS series.

kuribo fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

The republicans had it all wrong, video games don't make people kill each other, they turn our good Christian kids GAY!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

bucketmouse posted:

I also tried to get a video of that clipping issue with the missile in doomsday, but apparently it got patched already.

This didn't though, and I got called a racial slur for it! Mission complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAuF4JHPco
I'd like to point out that as somebody who hasn't played TF2 in ages your video is completely incomprehensible, at least as a griefing thing. A scout picks up some stuff and takes it to the objective, winning the round, with no enemies in sight? :confused:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
You're supposed to have to ride the platform at the bottom of the rocket up and wait for it to open, being able to cap it without doing that is a glitch.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
You're not "supposed" to ride the platform up, that's just required to open the nose.

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 4, 2012

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Zereth posted:

I'd like to point out that as somebody who hasn't played TF2 in ages your video is completely incomprehensible, at least as a griefing thing. A scout picks up some stuff and takes it to the objective, winning the round, with no enemies in sight? :confused:

I'm not sure exactly how he glitches it, but you're supposed to ride the platform at the base of the rocket all the way up, then wait as the nose-cone opens before putting the Australium inside.

He skipped to the last part somehow.

edit: Ok, I see the nose-cone was already open. You're still supposed to ride the platform up though.

edit 2: e,fb

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

You're supposed to have to ride the platform at the bottom of the rocket up and wait for it to open, being able to cap it without doing that is a glitch.
Well, given the fact that there are no BLU team members in evidence in the entire video I'm not sure why that would've changed anything! :v:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The 3 second warning only plays when the intel first becomes available, the nosecone doesn't open until the platform reaches the top, and the platform only rises when the intel carrier is on it, so there's either glitches involved or some very "creative" editing going on.

Italax
May 10, 2012

Part of the problem.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The 3 second warning only plays when the intel first becomes available, the nosecone doesn't open until the platform reaches the top, and the platform only rises when the intel carrier is on it, so there's either glitches involved or some very "creative" editing going on.

I thought he was gonna dunk the intel in the insta-kill pit in the middle of the map. Because I love doing that on crowded Doomsday servers. Me and a friend spent almost half an hour as scouts, one on each team, getting the intel and dropping it into that pit and then piping space jam onto the server.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Italax posted:

I thought he was gonna dunk the intel in the insta-kill pit in the middle of the map. Because I love doing that on crowded Doomsday servers. Me and a friend spent almost half an hour as scouts, one on each team, getting the intel and dropping it into that pit and then piping space jam onto the server.

People are starting to catch onto that one, even without Space Jam. :(

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CharlestonJew posted:

And as one last "gently caress you", Ocelot had a hidden skill where if his team lost at the end of the game, he'd hack the game and add an extra 5 minutes to the game clock, allowing me to "BANG!" more people.

Please tell me Ocelot would yell "IT'S NOT OVER! NOT YET!" whenever you'd do that because that seems like the icing on the cake of that character's bullshittery.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Please tell me Ocelot would yell "IT'S NOT OVER! NOT YET!" whenever you'd do that because that seems like the icing on the cake of that character's bullshittery.

That's exactly what he did.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
So how about some Minecraft griefing again? Joy!

One of my favourite types of servers are the ones that assign you to a plot and restrict you from building outside of it. It's fairly well protected as you cannot use a piston to push blocks on to the other properties, et cetera.

But what about objects that don't exactly have a fixed coordinate?

Welp!

I've done this on a few servers now since figuring it out. It has gotten some reactions and a few bans so far.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Could you explain that grief?

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Rutkowski posted:

He's shooting trains at the other plots, filled with stuff.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

kuribo posted:

Vamp from MGS2 was called that "because he's bisexual" according to Otacon.

Showing my naivety here, but what does 'Vamp' mean in relation to bisexuality?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
So I decided to give Blacklight: Retribution a try. It's a new F2P FPS that just went up on Steam, and it's actually pretty good if you can get over the fact that one can pay his way to a slight advantage. One of the main features of the game is the ability to swap out every part of your gun to create something completely custom - One such part is toxic ammunition. This stuff's only normally accessible around level 20, but you can rent a crappy little machine pistol that comes pre-loaded with the stuff fairly early on. Costs just 200 GP for a day (that's about one good match worth) and it inspires INCREDIBLE vitriol.

While the toxic effect doesn't do much damage initially, it does stack with itself and cause some slight vision blurring. This means that even if you go down, your target is left debilitated and likely to die if their health was already low. As an added bonus, the constant grunting and groaning from their character acts as a beacon to the rest of your team. Probably the most fun you can have for free!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

nothing because vamp is stupid.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Damned and the Beautiful posted:

She was got up to the best of her ability as a siren, more popularly a "vamp"—a picker up and thrower away of men, an unscrupulous and fundamentally unmoved toyer with affections.

Bisexuals are promiscuous, promiscuity is evil. :japan:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

^^ welp that explains it

As far as I know, nothing - a "vamp" is someone who is flamboyantly, predatorially promiscuous.

Which I'm pretty sure Vamp is as well as being bi, but.

Got Moloko
Aug 23, 2011

Milk+

Hobo Siege posted:

So I decided to give Blacklight: Retribution a try. It's a new F2P FPS that just went up on Steam, and it's actually pretty good if you can get over the fact that one can pay his way to a slight advantage. One of the main features of the game is the ability to swap out every part of your gun to create something completely custom - One such part is toxic ammunition. This stuff's only normally accessible around level 20, but you can rent a crappy little machine pistol that comes pre-loaded with the stuff fairly early on. Costs just 200 GP for a day (that's about one good match worth) and it inspires INCREDIBLE vitriol.

While the toxic effect doesn't do much damage initially, it does stack with itself and cause some slight vision blurring. This means that even if you go down, your target is left debilitated and likely to die if their health was already low. As an added bonus, the constant grunting and groaning from their character acts as a beacon to the rest of your team. Probably the most fun you can have for free!

I've also been playing this thing, and never really looked at the pre-made guns. I am so getting this thing and not ever using my main weapon again.

Potatobellum
Feb 16, 2011

Got Moloko posted:

I've also been playing this thing, and never really looked at the pre-made guns. I am so getting this thing and not ever using my main weapon again.

I've been playing this too.

On most of the maps there are doors all over that can restrict movement and help with defense in certain gamemodes. Fortunately, the doors will close whether you have an objective to defend or not. The doors also require you to play a quick little "number matching" game to open or close them. I've taken to running around and closing all of the doors I can find restricting everyone from going certain routes. If you time it correctly, you can even trap half your team in a room with a minigun-weilding mini-mech as they frantically and unsuccessfully try to unlock the door!

What's great is when they figure you out. They inevitably ask why you're running around closing doors, taking yourself out of the fight, instead of killing the enemy.
"The A/C was getting out!"
"What, were you raised in a barn?"
"I'm practicing to capture points!" (capturing control points in domination uses the same number match game (bonus points if you're not even playing domination))

In addition to riling up your teammates, the game gives you points for closing these doors, and if you combine that with some opportunity kills and a small amount of shooter experience there's a very real chance that you'll be near the top of the leaderboard. It doesn't hurt that when I created my player I guess I got really lucky and was given a unique robot character to play as, which normally costs a chunk of real life $ and comes with some decent weapons. The best part though is that it comes default with land mines. If you can close the other team on the other side of a door with only you behind it they'll salivate at the chance for an easy kill and all crowd around this thing waiting for it to open, only to rush directly over a landmine blowing all of them up. Then they get to watch my robot do his silly little robot dance in the killcam! And if my team wins they get to see my robot do his silly little robot dance when it shows the top 3 from the winning team! I've had multiple games where 3/4 of the players are busy all-caps cursing at me in the lobby chat while a couple random new players get to sprint around blowing their faces off.

Potatobellum fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 5, 2012

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Nothing really, the only reason people are mentioning it is because it is said in-game: MGS2 Vamp Explanation

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Potatobellum posted:

It doesn't hurt that when I created my player I guess I got really lucky and was given a unique robot character to play as
Wait, how does this work?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Lately I've been playing a lot of Tribes Ascend and there's the usual thing you encounter on the Internet where people on the losing team will just leave because they're losing. But in this game the Auto Balance feature is really broken, I've been put on the other team with literally 10 seconds left on the clock denying me victory bonus xp.

I don't know who they're griefing with this though since leaving prevents them from getting any xp so they've just wasted their time. One could say the devs are griefing their player base with that feature.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah, he would alternate between saying that and "Sorry, that trick won't work this time!"

And all these Blacklight stories sound really fun, think I might give that a try.

Potatobellum
Feb 16, 2011

Splicer posted:

Wait, how does this work?

I'm still not sure, but when you log in to play for the first time you get an automated letter from the admins that has some stuff in it, and I got the robot "hero" from that letter I think? The game seems to have a lot of bugs, so maybe it was unintentional.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah, he would alternate between saying that and "Sorry, that trick won't work this time!"

And all these Blacklight stories sound really fun, think I might give that a try.

I'd love to hear more about MGO. Like, what the other characters could do. I've watched Chip & Ironicus' LP videos so I know the gameplay, but it'd still be fun to hear what kinda chaos RealSnake could cause :allears:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'd love to hear more about MGO. Like, what the other characters could do. I've watched Chip & Ironicus' LP videos so I know the gameplay, but it'd still be fun to hear what kinda chaos RealSnake could cause :allears:

People would cause all sorts of chaos in MGO. You'd have your regular matches where people played it like a typical COD match, then you'd have one bright shining gem of a game where somebody's playing a Box Assassin (there was a skill in-game where if you were hiding in a cardboard box you could leap out and instantly knock out anyone who got too close) and the game turns into every player systematically hunting down and destroying every cardboard box on the map to get rid of potential hiding places.

I used to frequent CQC servers in MGO. They were servers where you couldn't use weapons and could only use melee attacks. These servers were mostly used for grinding skills like CQC and Runner. There was another skill in the game called Box Tackle, where a player wearing a cardboard box could run straight toward an enemy and hit them with the box, sending them flying a good 10 feet in the air. Almost every CQC session I've been in had somebody Box Tackle 10 people grouped up doing CQC and sending bodies everywhere. There would always be a few people who were serious business about their free to play online game, so they'd start up kickvotes on the Box Tackler. I'd always vote no, and most everyone else voted no to, so you'd end up with one person standing still raging in all-chat while everyone else played Cardboard Box jousting.

I only ever got to play as Snake once, and I suck at stealth so I didn't get to do too much with him, unfortunately.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Playing as Snake was okay, I guess. Playing as the MkII was goddamn glorious.

The MkII was a goofy little 2' robot on wheels that was a pain in the rear end to hit with gunfire, could roll insanely fast and cloak itself. If you got up close to someone, you could electrocute them, knocking them out for several seconds.

One of the few games I played where I controlled MkII (it was random who got it), I simply rode up behind a guy and tased him in the rear end. I would speed off, become invisible and wait for him to get up... Then zip up and tase him in the rear end again. Thus began a wonderful cycle of rear end-tasing that lasted for an entire round. The dude I was zapping spent probably 85% of the round looking at goofy little cartoon yellow stars circling his unconscious head, with maybe another 10% spent shooting wildly around him trying to hit the little metal fucker who kept electrocuting his anus.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Morglon posted:

I don't know who they're griefing with this though since leaving prevents them from getting any xp so they've just wasted their time. One could say the devs are griefing their player base with that feature.

There is a tip in the game that clearly says "You can leave a game early, you'll still get XP, it will be rewarded when the match is over." So they are pretty much griefing you by leaving a game they were losing anyway and still getting the same XP they'd get for staying the whole time.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Rutkowski posted:

This video will explain it. Basically it lags the server horribly because it's trying to keep up with the massive amounts of minecarts doing their thing and so it really destroys the server.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Cowman posted:

This video will explain it. Basically it lags the server horribly because it's trying to keep up with the massive amounts of minecarts doing their thing and so it really destroys the server.

It's also a nightmare to clean up with most of these plot protections because clearing the plot won't even take the carts out. The person who creates the carts cannot destroy them either once they leave the boundaries.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Potatobellum posted:

I'm still not sure, but when you log in to play for the first time you get an automated letter from the admins that has some stuff in it, and I got the robot "hero" from that letter I think? The game seems to have a lot of bugs, so maybe it was unintentional.

If you have an account and don't play for so many days then they give you the robot the next time you login. It's a cool robot.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Improbable Lobster posted:

If you have an account and don't play for so many days then they give you the robot the next time you login. It's a cool robot.

Permanently? Also, sorry for continuing the derail.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lprsti99 posted:

Permanently? Also, sorry for continuing the derail.

Yup.

It turns out that I somehow unlocked a permanent incendiary rifle in Blacklight. I think it was because I was in the Beta, though I'm not sure. While people don't get as angry about incendiaries as they do about toxic ammo, I've made a few high level players rage by killing them after my death. It's great.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I started playing that game and it seemed pretty interesting. Then I realized you don't buy parts, you rent them and to actually buy them is fuckoff expensive. Looked like it could have been interesting.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm a big MGS fan and I didn't get the deluxe edition or whatever because I wanted it to play online and the whole online play discussion thread on here was a lot like this thread.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Are people still playing/griefing the Salem Beta? I just got my invite and would like to join, but can't find any topic on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

Grawl posted:

Are people still playing/griefing the Salem Beta? I just got my invite and would like to join, but can't find any topic on it.

We all got killed because the game is broken and it's lovely too. See you in open beta in like a month.

Also,
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3478224

• Locked thread