Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Crossposting since this is apparently caused by the added 1 link by SALR:

flatluigi posted:

If you're using 12-hour time it wraps to a second line sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hey would it be possible to add in the ability to either remove avatar text or reformat it so it's all small and not red?

Basically it's for browsing at work and I don't have red-text avs with "DONKEY PENIS TORTE" etc catching the eye of coworkers.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Iohannes posted:

The quick reply box is broken in Ubuntu/Gnome. The reply buttons are hidden off screen and the down arrow and X button are detached from the box.

Otherwise the extension is awesome.

I came to mention I'm having the same problem in Win7 after raising the minimum font size in Chrome (I got tired of websites with tiny fonts). Also the down arrow and X button take about half minute or so to show up so if I change my mind after clicking quote/reply, I have to wait about 30 seconds or so to close the quick reply box.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Sri.Theo posted:

Does anyone know how to disable it? I have a home key on my laptop. Or at least play nice with the navigation bar at the bottom- it overlays the actually useful go to last read post arrow.

And if anyone can link me to the salr firefox thread I'd appreciate it as well ta.
Seems adblock for chrome has a nice feature, if you click the icon on the adressbar there is a button called "create easyfilter" or something. Press it, then right click on the arrow and you can block elements automatically.
Here is the code that is needed to block the arrows:

forums.somethingawful.com##.jump_top
forums.somethingawful.com##.right
forums.somethingawful.com##.left

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 30, 2012

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

priznat posted:

Hey would it be possible to add in the ability to either remove avatar text or reformat it so it's all small and not red?

Basically it's for browsing at work and I don't have red-text avs with "DONKEY PENIS TORTE" etc catching the eye of coworkers.

Why not disable avatars altogether?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Captain Capacitor posted:

Shrinking obnoxiously large avatar text was a feature of the original SALR, actually. (Back then, there were some huge avatars thanks to their text.)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Captain Capacitor posted:

That's what I do now but I would like the pictures, for no good reason whatsoever. Some avatars are pretty cool :)

(not mine though, I have no idea who bought it for me, I've never seen that show)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

priznat posted:

I have no idea who bought it for me

Apparently the Bronies for Social Justice.

I'd be interested in a feature that at least standardizes the size of the font in custom titles. At least that won't cause a D&D superstar to break tables whenever they post in a thread I read. Avatars are handy for quick identification of posters (also many of them are awesome).

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

wormil posted:

I came to mention I'm having the same problem in Win7 after raising the minimum font size in Chrome (I got tired of websites with tiny fonts). Also the down arrow and X button take about half minute or so to show up so if I change my mind after clicking quote/reply, I have to wait about 30 seconds or so to close the quick reply box.

I'll have to test this on Ubuntu, typically I run OSX. It's an excuse to fix the weirdness in the imgur uploader as well on that platform. Got a few pull requests that I'll roll out soon as well.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ferg posted:

I'll have to test this on Ubuntu, typically I run OSX. It's an excuse to fix the weirdness in the imgur uploader as well on that platform. Got a few pull requests that I'll roll out soon as well.

I can't reproduce this on 12.04. What version of Chrome are you guys using?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Ferg posted:

I can't reproduce this on 12.04. What version of Chrome are you guys using?

19.0.1084.52 m

Font size: Large
Page Zoom: 100%
Minimum font size: 14

Click here to view the full image

wormil fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 4, 2012

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
So with the new top buttons, this happens with the page navigator for SALR:

Perhaps hide the button in the lower right corner? (I modified \js\salr.js to have:
code:
jQuery('div.jump_top.right').css("right","-100px");
in:
code:
SALR.prototype.updateStyling = function() {
Trying display: none won't really work so I guess "hiding" it is better?

Another possibility would be to move the navigator over I guess, but if the Firefox thread is any indication, I think people would prefer the location of the navigator and get rid of UP button.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ferg posted:

Settings auto backup on the Android app which might be what you read. Right now for SALR settings are purely client side. Definitely will be something I look into for the sync feature I'm adding to the Android app though.

Client side, you say? I've been searching for those, specifically the user notes. They were lost in a recent re-installation :cry: I have a backup of the AppData/Local/Google/-directory, but I'm wary to restore it because of what it might break.

Vista Home Premium, if that helps.

e: I found it, and it worked!

For future reference, it's in:

code:
C:\Users\brylcreem\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage
and the files are called:
code:
chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage
chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage-journal
I just overwrote the existing files in the directory (with Chrome closed) and the settings and user notes are back! :hellyeah:

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 17, 2012

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hey, sorry to be a pain, but an option to disable the "Edit Bookmarks" button on the Bookmarked Threads page would be great: It doesn't play nicely with Fancy SA Forums on that page, though it looks fine on the main User CP Page.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

The Kins posted:

Hey, sorry to be a pain, but an option to disable the "Edit Bookmarks" button on the Bookmarked Threads page would be great: It doesn't play nicely with Fancy SA Forums on that page, though it looks fine on the main User CP Page.

Couldn't you use adblock to block it as a temporary work-around?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zom Aur posted:

Couldn't you use adblock to block it as a temporary work-around?
I tried this, it just comes back the next time the page loads. :(

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

Master_Odin posted:

So with the new top buttons, this happens with the page navigator for SALR:

Perhaps hide the button in the lower right corner? (I modified \js\salr.js to have:
code:
jQuery('div.jump_top.right').css("right","-100px");
in:
code:
SALR.prototype.updateStyling = function() {
Trying display: none won't really work so I guess "hiding" it is better?

Another possibility would be to move the navigator over I guess, but if the Firefox thread is any indication, I think people would prefer the location of the navigator and get rid of UP button.

Just getting back from an insane amount of weddings. I'll look into these as soon as I get caught up on work stuff, or if anybody throws me a pull request I can roll out a quick release.

brylcreem posted:

Client side, you say? I've been searching for those, specifically the user notes. They were lost in a recent re-installation :cry: I have a backup of the AppData/Local/Google/-directory, but I'm wary to restore it because of what it might break.

Vista Home Premium, if that helps.

e: I found it, and it worked!

For future reference, it's in:

code:
C:\Users\brylcreem\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage
and the files are called:
code:
chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage
chrome-extension_nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed_0.localstorage-journal
I just overwrote the existing files in the directory (with Chrome closed) and the settings and user notes are back! :hellyeah:

Cool!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am new to Chrome. How do I get a menu for SA at the top like with the firefox version? It's not obvious at all :negative:

e: for that matter I don't get the little grenade icon thingy either.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 5, 2012

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Sometime I just get a whole bunch of white, empty, space at the end of the page, below the last post of a page, all the page numbers and that. It's pretty random though and not easily reproducible.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Megaspel posted:

Sometime I just get a whole bunch of white, empty, space at the end of the page, below the last post of a page, all the page numbers and that. It's pretty random though and not easily reproducible.
I think this is caused by the image resize feature and it might've been brought up earlier in the thread too.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'm getting this odd behavior with the page navigation bar. v#20.0.1132.47 m

The thread will actually jump all the way to the top if I'm at the bottom.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

-Troika- posted:

I am new to Chrome. How do I get a menu for SA at the top like with the firefox version? It's not obvious at all :negative:

e: for that matter I don't get the little grenade icon thingy either.

Try this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jmhkgkpgnifdhpkjfjolilcikhahmbbk

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay, suddenly SALR isn't allowed anymore :(

Senior Lowtax posted:

The request you just submitted appears to have been forged in some way! A check to make sure your request was authentic failed. This could be because you clicked on a malicious link or visited some other website that tried to perform a malicious act on your behalf. In order to protect your account, your request will be ignored.

IMPORTANT!
Third-party methods of posting may not work. This includes browser extensions (ie. the quick-reply feature of the SA Last Read FireFox Extension) and off-site forms. If you are using either of these, this is why you are receiving this message.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE POSTING USING THE ACTUAL SA FORUMS POST/REPLY FORMS! We do not support anything else, so do not email us about it!

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Mak0rz posted:

Okay, suddenly SALR isn't allowed anymore :(

That's a shame. I really liked using the quick reply popup. Worse things have happened to me though.

EDIT: This post was posted and edited with the quick reply box.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I think they started actually enforcing the hidden formkey/formcookie part of the reply form. The formkey is static between posts, but the formcookie changes for each reply. Before it would just accept it without the cookie.

e: Confirmed, missing formcookie prevents reply. It was fixed in Awful.apk a few months ago, thankfully.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
edit, nm, it must be something else.

wormil fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 16, 2012

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Any way to use Mouse Gestures and not lose the ability to right click? Sending someone a funny picture in a thread is a bit more of a hassle than it needs to be :v:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

unpronounceable posted:

That's a shame. I really liked using the quick reply popup. Worse things have happened to me though.

EDIT: This post was posted and edited with the quick reply box.

Weird, it didn't work on my girlfriend's Windows computer, but now it's working fine with my Linux computer :psyduck:

Question for the author: There's an option to change embedded images to links in posts you've already read. Are there plans to make the same behavior available for embedded videos as well? Some threads in PYF completely choke my browser, but I prefer videos to be embedded.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 17, 2012

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo, I'll get a fix posted ASAP. Been taking a break from the forums recently and didn't notice this. It shouldn't be a huge deal to get addressed. Sorry for the bug folks.

Edit: Based on Geekner's reply its the missing cookie, the key has always been there.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

No updates for a while :(

kri kri fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 14, 2012

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

I recently changed over from Firefox and installed this extension which is great.
However Im used to having the quick jump drop bar and even when I enable this in the settings, the grenade icon does not come up in my omnibar - any idea how to enable it?

Burger King Bathroom
Jan 11, 2005

Arbeit macht LOL

User Friendly posted:

I recently changed over from Firefox and installed this extension which is great.
However Im used to having the quick jump drop bar and even when I enable this in the settings, the grenade icon does not come up in my omnibar - any idea how to enable it?

Installing this made it appear for me.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

No updates for a while :(

Sorry about that, got a bit burnt out on Forum's related dev and decided to work on other stuff for the summer. I'm not seeing this cookie issue though, been posting a bit today with the extension with no problem. Is it working for everybody else?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ferg posted:

Sorry about that, got a bit burnt out on Forum's related dev and decided to work on other stuff for the summer. I'm not seeing this cookie issue though, been posting a bit today with the extension with no problem. Is it working for everybody else?

It was broken on a past version of Chrome Beta but is fixed now in the current version.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

It was broken on a past version of Chrome Beta but is fixed now in the current version.

Okay, must have just been a fluke then. I'm only running stable these days.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I use SALR for Chrome and I've recently changed computers. Is there any way to copy the user notes I accumulated over the years? Where are they stored?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

I use SALR for Chrome and I've recently changed computers. Is there any way to copy the user notes I accumulated over the years? Where are they stored?

Nope, they're stored locally. I suppose with Drive integration now I could probably whip something up if its a desired enough feature.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ferg posted:

Nope, they're stored locally. I suppose with Drive integration now I could probably whip something up if its a desired enough feature.

Yeah, I imagined they'd be stored locally, my question is precisely where are they stored locally and if I can copy that file to the new computer. I still haven't formatted the old one so I could copy the file where the notes are stored to the new machine. Would such a thing work? Which file/folder would I need to copy/replace?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, I imagined they'd be stored locally, my question is precisely where are they stored locally and if I can copy that file to the new computer.

Extension settings (assuming Vista+, only one Chrome user profile) are in C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage (SALR ones are the ones with nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed in the name), though I don't know how it reacts to you just copying them as-is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There's a ton of files inside that folder, I tried searching for specific words inside the folder but couldn't locate which file stored the notes.
Stupid W7 search. :argh:

• Locked thread