Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

Happy Hat posted:

I am sorry, but this is the first time I've come across the term 'weather-dick'..

When Nashville got flooded a couple years ago.

Yesterday we went to a friend's who had smoked large amounts of pork shoulder from the local butcher. I brought macaroni and cheese and rolls and he had a potato dish. As he was pulling the pork, he realized "sorry, there aren't going to be any vegetables in this dish, I forgot about the corn." haha. The pork was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
100+ bartenders and liquor professionals tailgated the Mets game yesterday. I went to work with a hangover. Today is not much better. Freedom!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pile of brown posted:

I tried to report you for PWI cause that poo poo is loving gross but then I remembered that you have to have plat to report posts. seriously the one time I tried it it was loving SLUDGY with the amount of sugar in it

fake edit: also you posted a trip report for alcohol with the word lucid in it

It was the only strong alcohol I had left after the Wild Turkey, sorry :saddowns:. I don't get the lucid part though.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

PXJ800 posted:

Thanks to my 3-year-old that is now known as CornHob around my house.

Check your town ordinance. There's a section in mine where an animal that creates a regular disturbance can be labeled a public nuisance. I had to confront neighbors that let their yappy spaniel out at 5 loving 30 in the morning for up to an hour at a time to bark at everything that moved, waking up my kids. Long story short: they were rude, I took barking videos to the police, dog shut up.

I'll have to check up on that. I kinda feel bad for the drat rat-looking fuckers. They are trapped out on the apartment's balcony all day, every day. I mean, I don't really like dogs at all but they don't deserve that.

2 days later: "Does anyone have any recipes for chihuahua?"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
This was my 4th of July
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fg5_KO8OjE

Mortar firework failed to launch, blew up 15 feet from me.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 5, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
GWS is this the thread I say how much I love this subforum and threads like the competition thread with pork tenderloin?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Scott Bakula posted:

GWS is this the thread I say how much I love this subforum and threads like the competition thread with pork tenderloin?

That depends on whether or not you love Pr0k's mum's tender loins.

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008
For the 4th I spent some time with my girlfriend and her family, and contributed to the pile of "We have these appetizers but nobody's eating any..." with a grape tomato and artichoke confit, with sautéed bell peppers and marinated mozzarella. Nobody really ate much of it, but the bean dip and spinach-artichoke-lobster dip went largely untouched as well, so I didn't feel too bad.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought I made a post but apparently I didn't.

Anyway, I went allrecipes.com on an allrecipes.com recipe yesterday. I made fresh peach ice cream, but wanted to serve it to my kids, so I omitted the raw egg. I also increased the amount of peach puree, and took the extra step of sending it through a chinois. I also added fresh lemon and a little more sugar than the recipe called for. The end result was probably somewhere around 7 or 8 percent butterfat, so lower than ice cream but more than sherbet. It does have a very sherbet like mouth feel and flavor though.

I give the recipe 4 stars, would make again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Scientastic posted:

That depends on whether or not you love Pr0k's mum's tender loins.

I think I probably do. That thread has just made me laugh like most that end in a mod challenge. I'm not sure I've ever eaten pork tenderloin either

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3381440&pagenumber=48#post405304637

You're still drunk, aren't you.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

Anyway, I went allrecipes.com on an allrecipes.com recipe yesterday. I made fresh peach ice cream, but wanted to serve it to my kids, so I omitted the raw egg. I also increased the amount of peach puree, and took the extra step of sending it through a chinois. I also added fresh lemon and a little more sugar than the recipe called for. The end result was probably somewhere around 7 or 8 percent butterfat, so lower than ice cream but more than sherbet. It does have a very sherbet like mouth feel and flavor though.

That sounds great, I've never found a really good peach ice cream recipe, it always comes out too goopy.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

so there it is. But I was never drunk. you're confusing me with a furry.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

gelato?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Dear E/N,
Vacation time is here, and I will be off on a 4 week vacation with Mrs. Happy, I have decided to shave my hair to mark the occasion.

My previous student aid has taken it upon herself to erudite me on different topics, and now I have to browse through terms like 'the hitler', 'bald eagle' and 'landing strip' upon her behest, when is it ok to report a woman for sexual harrasment?

Anyways - our plans are absolutely nothing, we will at some point (undefined) get into the car, and drive somewhere (undefined)... This all depends on the weather.

Have a nice vacation GWS - and don't be too hard on tenderloin lady, I think she is well-meaning.

Edit: Also - apparantly my student aid has scored with my butt boy, which is incestous, and will result in children with big ears!

Edit the 2nd: I have reported her to HR.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Steve Yun posted:

This was my 4th of July
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fg5_KO8OjE

Mortar firework failed to launch, blew up 15 feet from me.

lol hell yeah. :hellyeah: :patriot:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toast posted:

That sounds great, I've never found a really good peach ice cream recipe, it always comes out too goopy.

Well, if you're interested, here is what I used, to the best of my knowledge:

2 cups heavy cream
1 cup half and half
2 cups sugar
3 cups peach puree
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt (could probably bump that a little)
juice of 1 small lemon

I processed the peaches in a food processor which added a lot of air to them. I should have put the lemon in then, because the puree oxidized pretty quickly. The color is still good, just darker than I'd like. Forced it through a chinois. Mixed sugar + dairy, then whisked in the rest. Let chill completely, then churn for 30 minutes. Ill put a pic up later. The texture was crazy good. I may have used a little too much lemon, because you can really detect the lemon if you're paying attention. My intention was just to bump the acid a little but it ended up being a nice secondary flavor component alongside the sweet peaches.

It wasn't the peach ice cream I wanted, but it was the peach ice cream I needed.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
Going to have to give it a try once I hit the market. Thanks.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scott Bakula posted:

Thank you for mentioning that thread; I wouldn't have read it otherwise, and it's pure gold.

PS loved you in Quantum Leap

A Gremlin Eel
Jun 29, 2006

Well, it was a nice idea while it lasted, I suppose.

PirateWench posted:

^ I am so unbelievably jealous. An already established truck or are you going to have to outfit it yourself?

It's already fit out. It's just a fry truck, but potatoes are a remarkably high profit item, so I'm all for that.

It's a simple enough operation, two huge fryers, a marine cooler for cans of pop, a fry cutter and the necessary health department stuff. I bought it a few weeks ago, but I've been way too busy moving the family and doing legal stuff to actually get it running.

I should be operating in a week or so. Pics will be forthcoming. It needs a lot of paint but thankfully my father in law is a paint and body man.

Also, Lord of the Fries. Look for me on fb, twitter, and via my indiegogo campaign. I'll post full links if the mods say it's okay.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
so i relaunched my website after a year or two of it being down

https://www.isitabutt.com

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

yr webseti does not appear to be optimized for a mobile viewing experience

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

pork never goes bad posted:

yr webseti does not appear to be optimized for a mobile viewing experience
Or any viewing experience, for that matter.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who brings their children out in public has no right to complain about dogs.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

bunnielab posted:

Anyone who brings their children out in public has no right to complain about dogs.

What the hell are you talking about?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
bunnylab ate a bunch of peyote again :(

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Hello friends check out dis douchebaggery http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3493011&pagenumber=3#post405324400

Please note that her only competition is an adorable 13 year old.

http://www.comcastbiteofseattle.com/videos_contest_view.php?video_id=12

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 6, 2012

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

He's an adorable little boy who has actual celiac disease, who decided welp, lemons from lemonade, and wrote a gluten-free cookbook.

I genuinely don't care if he cheated first, because he is awesome and grownups don't get to act like kids just because kids are acting like kids.

By the way, did you know it's not actually that polite to walk into a social gathering and then immediately start talking about yourself and how awesome you are incessantly without contributing to any actual conversation taking place there? WHO KNEW

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

A Gremlin Eel posted:

Lord of the Fries.

Is that the name of your truck?

Because there's an Australian company with the same name. I don't know if there's any issues with trademarks or anything as your profile says you're in British Columbia but it might make your SEO a bit difficult if nothing else.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

cyberia posted:

Is that the name of your truck?

Because there's an Australian company with the same name. I don't know if there's any issues with trademarks or anything as your profile says you're in British Columbia but it might make your SEO a bit difficult if nothing else.

Trademarks tend to be local, unless we are discussing the trademarks of huge multinationals. It that franchise isn't established in the US, and it seems to be a really small one, there is nothing at all to worry about in that regard. Youwill always find businesses who share names with businesses in other markets.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

She's officially cancer free for the first time in her life. I feel like I can breathe for the first time in a year.

Congratulations on the outstanding news! Also, dang son, thems some crazy blue eyes on your baby.

I hope all of you parents have healthy babies in this, the new American Year of Independence and Stuff.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
That is fantastic news FGR! I will raise a glass to you and your daughter! Cheers.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

Walk Away posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

He is saying that wishing people couldn't have dogs is ironic given how just as annoying and disruptive children can be in public to the people who are not their parents. Generally when children are annoying in public you can blame it more on the parents, just as when dogs are annoying it is seldom their fault but due to having bad owners.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the kinds words about my babby!

Right now, her favorite foods are sauteed mushrooms, (homemade) pizza, and spinach wilted with lemon juice and cracked pepper. I think I may finally have a good eater on my hands.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

mich posted:

He is saying that wishing people couldn't have dogs is ironic given how just as annoying and disruptive children can be in public to the people who are not their parents. Generally when children are annoying in public you can blame it more on the parents, just as when dogs are annoying it is seldom their fault but due to having bad owners.

It's not that I wish people didn't have dogs. I just wish that I could afford to not live around any. And anyway, a dog isn't as important as a child, so I don't think that it is a really fair comparison (though I do agree that some kids are worse than animals in terms of their behavior).

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Isn't this comparing two things that is incomparable? Not apples to pears, but more like... Say.. Apples to blowjobs?

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008
Oh, that reminds me! I can get lobster for $2.50 a pound today.
Actually nothing reminded me of that; just wanted to brag.

It sucks for the lobstermen, but it means I can actually afford to try something new with lobster, even though I know that the two best lobster dishes are:
1. Some lobsters
2. Some lobster rolls
with
3. Lobster ravioli coming in as a very distant 3rd.

I'll probably try halved and grilled, scampi (the butter + garlic Ameritalian dish, not the European breaded + fried whatevers), benedict.

Any other suggestions? Maybe a shumai style dumpling?

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Very Strange Things posted:

It sucks for the lobstermen, but it means I can actually afford to try something new with lobster, even though I know that the two best lobster dishes are:
1. Some lobsters
2. Some lobster rolls
with

I'll probably try halved and grilled, scampi (the butter + garlic Ameritalian dish, not the European breaded + fried whatevers), benedict.

Buy more than you think you need. If they're summer newshell lobsters you get less meat per inch, but it's way sweeter.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Very Strange Things posted:

1. Some lobsters
2. Some lobster rolls
with

I think the house preparation in GWS is to clumsily wound the lobster before vivisecting it, rough chop the meat for some reason, then poach in butter until rubbery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pepito!