Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Indolent Bastard posted:

But missing chunks are; but you are right, I should just pay more while getting inferior product and be happy about it, just because!

:staredog: Yeesh man, chill. If you get a product that is full of holes, return it for another. Not to say that's a good thing, but don't get bitter about it.

EDIT: This feels like a lovely way to start a new page so have some Space Wolves y'all

bhsman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Got another game in, this time against my buddy's Necrons. Mission number 5. Couple thoughts:

1) Chariots are bullshit. Barges swooping all over the place doing fly overs, ICs getting their attacks off in combat but not being locked, etc. gently caress Mat Ward.
2) Necron flyers do not handle getting deluged with loota fire very well. I took out two of them.
3) Being able to make morale checks when you're at 25% strength is loving awesome.
4) All of this assault positioning bullshit is a royal in the rear end when you have 20 boyz.
5) Mega-Armored Nobs are incredible.
6) Battlewagons seem to have a pretty decent balance between speed and survivability. They do a great job of getting your cargo to the target, but putting anything on them beyond a reinforced ram isn't critical. I may not even put on big shootas.
7) Mega-Armored Warbosses are badass. Frankly changing power weapons to AP3 has dramatically altered the nature of the game.
8) The First Blood objective is dumb. That was what decided the game, and I'm going to almost always lose that as an ork.

We had an interesting question. My buddy had two Night Scythes filled with Immortals. My Lootas popped one, and we ended up with a discussion about whether or not the guys inside take those S10 hits. We decided that, based on the rules, the guys inside do take the S10 hits and then get teleported out since the teleportation rule says instead of disembarking. We couldn't find a clarification in the FAQ or anything.

So yeah, overall I'm very pleased. Probably my biggest issue is needing to find some grots or some other cheap troops to hold onto an objective so I don't have to waste my 30 man shoota squad.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

moths posted:

They got shoveled in with the Ordo Hereticus under Codex: Witch Hunters. Even though they were still technically part of the Ecclesiarchy, sharing a codex and force org made them synonymous.

No it didn't. That book was very clear about their relationship with the Ordo Hereticus. And anyway, it's been superseded by the White Dwarf SoB codex.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's been forever, and all I can clearly remember was putting my Adeptus Arbites on the table again.

Actually, there was an option for 100% Sisters - so I think you're right here.

e: Even still, their book had WITCH HUNTERS on the cover.

moths fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 6, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

bhsman posted:

:staredog: Yeesh man, chill. If you get a product that is full of holes, return it for another. Not to say that's a good thing, but don't get bitter about it.

I don't know, I'm quite bitter about being forced into the not inconsiderable inconvenience of travelling to my nearest GW for replacements.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

moths posted:

It's been forever, and all I can clearly remember was putting my Adeptus Arbites on the table again.

Yeah, pure SoB was an option. The Ecclesiarchy is on generally good terms with the Ordo Hereticus, which was one of the reasons why Sisters were included in that book. The other reason was that they needed to put Sisters somewhere, and that was the best fit.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I don't know, I'm quite bitter about being forced into the not inconsiderable inconvenience of travelling to my nearest GW for replacements.

Do you not check the models before leaving?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Got my first two 6e games in tonight. First was 1000 points, my Space Wolves vs Tyranids. I got tabled, basically, by a biomancy swarmlord, mostly by himself, while I killed the poo poo out of the rest of the army.

Second game was 1850, my Wolves with Blood Angel allies versus Eldar with Grey Knights. Not really great lists, we were just taking stuff to try out 6e mechanics. Lone Wolves are amazing now, and Thunderwolves are a little less survivable but got a longer threat range in return.

Why the hell does Mephiston only get to roll for two powers when he normally gets three and is a level 3 psyker?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
what up 40k thread

Painting this thing was a lot of fun. Welp back to 1000 landspeeders

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

moths posted:

e: Even still, their book had WITCH HUNTERS on the cover.

Including the GT sweeping "10 Immolators" list.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The answer is to kitbash everything. EVERYTHING. :getin:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

moths posted:

I sent an email a while ago - did that reach you?

I actually don't see it in my inbox. Could you try re-sending it? Either kaysette@gmail.com or indigojoe@gmail.com work. Sorry!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

PeterWeller posted:

Do you not check the models before leaving?

I order almost everything online, because getting to my local GW is usually inconvenient at best, and not actually possible a lot of the rest of the time.

crime fighting hog posted:

what up 40k thread

Well that's just awesome on a stick now isn't it ? Do you have any more picture of sexy Dark Angels you want to share ?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

what up 40k thread

This is freakin awesome. Well done.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

You don't have to drive there. You call them from the number on the GW website. Then they mail you new poo poo for free. End of story, you don't have to mail your junk models or anything. Free bits for your troubles and delay.

I'm suprised you don't know this by now.

Edit:
gently caress, phone again.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 6, 2012

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Corrode posted:

Just played the worst game of my life (not counting ones against cunts). The list with 20 foot Warriors actually works but gently caress the long deployment, gently caress rolling like total arse, gently caress the other guy getting all the good objectives in mission 4, gently caress not having gone first for three games and gently caress my 0-3 record for 6th ed. I'm getting the Deathwing out so I can own bones again.

My Ork list had the pleasure of going against a Necron player who decided to pass no less than 50 2+ saves throughout the game on his destroyer lord, and only took 2 wounds.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

WhiteOutMouse posted:

You don't have to drive there. You call them from the number on the GW website. Then they mail you new poo poo for free. End of story, you don't have to mail your junk models or anything. Free bits for your troubles and delay.

I'm sulfides you don't know this by now.

I'm sulfate at this new avatar! (edit wait where is it?)

I've heard of them requesting bad Finecast before, but only via the internet.

edit: vvvvv before anyone asks, rorting is Australian for scamming. vvvvv

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 6, 2012

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I'm sulfides you don't know this by now.

Isn't this completely open to rorting?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm still disappointed in you for giving up on your Reaver Dark Eldar.

I didn't know anybody cared :ohdear:

moths posted:

poo poo were your SPACE SHARKS the awesome Samoan themed ones?

No :(

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

MonsterUnderYourBed posted:

Isn't this completely open to rorting?

Yes. They take your information when they send things and keep track of it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I'm suprised you don't know this by now.

Edit:
gently caress, phone again.

Other than with the anniversary 40k model, they've taken to telling me to take it into the shop. Or in one case, to post it back to the third-party seller to get a replacement from them.

This is before taking my name so I'm guessing it's a shift in policy.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Man I can't wait to try out some allied Sisters with Imperial Guard. Lots of flamer templates should be pretty cool.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

panascope posted:

Man I can't wait to try out some allied Sisters with Imperial Guard. Lots of flamer templates should be pretty cool.

Sounds like you'd gimp yourself by spending points on Guard in a SoB army and vice verse. You might get hit especially hard in the faith point department by spending on anything but sisters.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

Sounds like you'd gimp yourself by spending points on Guard in a SoB army and vice verse. You might get hit especially hard in the faith point department by spending on anything but sisters.

Sisters now generate a fixed D6 faith points per round no matter how big the army, so a small allied detachment would probably do pretty well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

what up 40k thread

drat, that puts mine to shame

I haven't gone over the vehicle section yet, but what is it that makes vehicles, as I see so many places, completely pointless? Is it just the hull points thing?

When they told us of the "just send a full replacement" thing we asked isn't that just going to get people to exploit the system to get free stuff. They said if a person calls in, says that their land raider is missing a sprew, the warehouse sends them a new one. Now if you do this more than reasonable (read, more than once) you get flagged, and your orders get inspected before they get shipped out, and obviously if someone inspected your order, saw that it was cool, and you called and said it was still missing parts you would be put on a naughty list.

I've literally meant to ask this in every post I've done lately, but what online seller that ships to Canada is probably the best?

Lasty, for a chaos sorcerer to have powers, I have to buy a power from the codex to enable him to use the new powers? The faq confuses me on this subject.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goat Bouillabaise
Sep 21, 2005
Strike Force DUMBASS!
Repostin' mine since there's so many deathfish flying around here.

Derp derp mine is a flying fish of doom

Edited to add more stupid pictures

Goat Bouillabaise fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 6, 2012

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Just had my first 6th edition game, 1000 points as Space Marines vs. Imperial Guard, and I'm liking it.

I've always been a fan of basic infantry, and they have been really boosted; no longer being forced between moving and shooting allows for far more interesting tactics. Throwing grenades is lots of fun, even when my assault marine sergeant blew himself up with one. The random charge rolls really makes a game tense (even though I rolled 9" every charge). The only thing I don't like is hull points, I found it way too easy to kill a Leman Russ using just special weapons.

We probably butchered the rules, and forgot loads of stuff, but overall 6th is looking to be my favourite edition.

Goat Bouillabaise posted:

Derp derp mine is a flying fish of doom

I really like what you did with the assault cannons on the bottom, I love that model but the giant turret on the bottom feels dorky, and seeing what you did makes it feel much more agile.

Fashionable Jorts fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 6, 2012

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Do you have any more picture of sexy Dark Angels you want to share ?

Yup

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

twistedmentat posted:

Whoa tables.

So, I just had my shipping number come active and my loving rulebook isn't going to be here until Saturday. Horseshit.

But, on the positive side I got about 200 models from a guy off of craigslist. Something like 70+ Marines, a bunch of heavy weapons mans, 20 jump troops, 20 sternguard, a bunch of terminators, a ton of characters, some scouts, a couple of bikes, a rhino and bits. I think it's 194 guys plus the 3 casualty marines (which I love). Good haul. I need to sort them out.

Oh and the big batch of AOBR terminators I ebayed got here too.

I now have too many marines.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I don't suppose anyone makes suitable proxies for Sisters, do they? I can't justify the exorbitant prices the Sororitas go for, often even secondhand :/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I intend to go try out 6th ed at the Toronto store tomorow, so I made up a chaos marine list, and wow, I forgot how limited the options are in the book.

My Lord just has terminator armor, combi weapon and a chainfist. Though I'm finally going to use my Plague Marines from FW.

Ugh pretty much every model in my iron warriors that's painted dates from before the washes. All that unwashed Boltgun.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

The Gate posted:

With large units that can put out 30+ shots it will probably have some reliable impact, you'll score 5 hits on average, which is okay, and if it's a longish charge killing 1 guy can make or break the range. For most others though, I'd say it's certainly a nice bonus, but not really greatly game altering. A Guard blob or big unit of Shootaz is going to be dangerous though.

Fun oversight: Dire Avengers can technically Bladestorm then Overwatch.

It really makes a difference if your unit is toting template weapons, like flamers or grenade launchers, or some such. Those d3 auto-hits with powerful weapons like that really add up.

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important

Smegmalicious posted:

But, on the positive side I got about 200 models from a guy off of craigslist. Something like 70+ Marines, a bunch of heavy weapons mans, 20 jump troops, 20 sternguard, a bunch of terminators, a ton of characters, some scouts, a couple of bikes, a rhino and bits. I think it's 194 guys plus the 3 casualty marines (which I love). Good haul. I need to sort them out.

I'm envious. The only 40k stuff I ever see on Craigslist is all at or higher than retail prices.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

CrotchPheasant posted:

I'm envious. The only 40k stuff I ever see on Craigslist is all at or higher than retail prices.

Was about to post this. I see somebody every week or two talk about getting $900 worth of Warhams for three beans and a turnip and every time I go look at the Boston Craigslist it's like half again retail price for one Tau army. Ugh.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well of course its going to be more, they're all "pro painted"!

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important

twistedmentat posted:

Well of course its going to be more, they're all "pro painted"!

Yeah, like these:

$160 for 20 boyz, 2 kommandos, 5 nobz, 1 "dreadnought" (it's actually a kan), Grotsnik, Nazdreg, a warbike, wartrakk, and a trukk. And a codex that he doesn't mention is out of date.

CrotchPheasant fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 6, 2012

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
I don't wan't to say how much I paid in case I got ripped off...

(I don't think I got ripped off)

((Is a buck a model getting ripped off?))

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

A buck a model doesn't seem too bad at all. Far cheaper then from GW, which are usually like 3-10 bucks a model.

Tell us how much so we can judge you!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Two hundred bucks would be my guess, what with two hundred models and all.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

E-bay related question. Do I need 30 (tactical) terminators? I can't really make a playable list with the BA dex, but I suspect that I'll be able to use them once the new DA dex hit the shelves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah I figured that would be about that much.

To the dude looking to build a Tau army with Space Marine models (I can't remember who you were) I found this which you could use as a reference for building sweet battlesuits.

• Locked thread