Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Whoa, back it up. Beep, beep, beep !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

UP AND ADAM posted:

Whoa, back it up. Beep, beep, beep !

Beep beep beep? What are you doing?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seinfeld's new "show", Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee premieres July 19th. Ricky Gervais (obviously) and Larry David have been confirmed as guests, so more Jerry/Larry banter coming soon! :woop:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is that...is that all it is? Just them driving and laughing? Is it an internet thing? I don't understand at all :confused:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

myron cope posted:

Is that...is that all it is? Just them driving and laughing? Is it an internet thing? I don't understand at all :confused:

I've noticed a lot of super famous comedians these days just want to pitch shows where they get to just shoot the breeze with other famous comedians.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

myron cope posted:

That's a promo. The show will just be two comedians, one of them Seinfeld, driving around, drinking coffee and all the while talking about comedy. Or so I've gathered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jojoinnit posted:

I've noticed a lot of super famous comedians these days just want to pitch shows where they get to just shoot the breeze with other famous comedians.

Honestly I don't mind at all, one of my favorite things to do in the world is just hang out and shoot the poo poo with my friends. Getting to see people who are INCREDIBLY funny doing it has my interest.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
...so I said to him, "Arthur, Artie! Come on, why does the salesman have to die? Change the title; The Life of a Salesman. That's what people want to see!"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

...so I said to him, "Arthur, Artie! Come on, why does the salesman have to die? Change the title; The Life of a Salesman. That's what people want to see!"

Mr. Kramer, my name is Lewis Maxton Graham, I'm one of the producers of Scarsdale Surprise.

Oh, heyy, LOU!!! :D .. :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey.... hey are you getting out of your seat? Because if you are.... I've got you covered!

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
I've never seen a single Seinfeld episode. What would be a good episode (or season) to watch as a taster?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

notsoape posted:

I've never seen a single Seinfeld episode. What would be a good episode (or season) to watch as a taster?

:aaaaa:

All of them.

Seriously though, you can probably pick any episode, though I guess a really good place to start would be The Soup Nazi or The Boyfriend or The Merv Griffin Show.

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 6, 2012

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

notsoape posted:

GET OUT!

(I think The Airport is a good, self-contained episode that features all the main characters playing to their strengths)

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 6, 2012

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

notsoape posted:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Season 7 is probably a good place to start. If you're the kind of person who's willing to sit through some early missteps in order to get the whole picture of the series it's worth starting right at the start though.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
If it had to be one single episode, I'd really highly recommend "The Gum" from Season 7.

For the initiated, it's the "He's doing it to FOOL Lloyd Braun!" one.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Are y'all kidding? The Contest or The Bris, please. Top shelfers, both.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

penismightier posted:

Are y'all kidding? The Contest or The Bris, please. Top shelfers, both.

The Bris? That awful episode that even Jason Alexander himself never should have been made?

However, The Contest is a top-notch choice.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Locutus of Bald posted:

The Bris? That awful episode that even Jason Alexander himself never should have been made?

However, The Contest is a top-notch choice.

:aaaaa: The Bris is one of the best episodes of the series. I agree with The Contest, though, or The Junior Mint.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
It's a barbaric ritual!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Where's the depravity?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
The Contest

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Hank Morgan posted:

Where's the depravity?

It's chocolate, it's peppermint, it's delicious!

It's very refreshing!

complicated shoes
Sep 11, 2001

Do you do tongue pushups?
I'd start with The Marine Biologist.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
The Fire

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Please! Please! I take it all back, everything! I take it all back, every word! I love you! I love yooooouuuuuuu! I can't live without you, I'll do anything!

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Id start with The Marine Biologist, The Contest or The Parking Garage.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Putting in a vote for The Chinese Restaurant.

"You're not Cartwright..." "OF COURSE I'M NOT CARTWRIGHT!!"

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Please! Please! I take it all back, everything! I take it all back, every word! I love you! I love yooooouuuuuuu! I can't live without you, I'll do anything!

I mean, look at you! How could I be with someone like you?!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
PAM!

PAM!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would suggest the contest too. Since it gives you a pretty good idea about each character. The Parking Garage is a good idea too, although it feels slightly different than others since it wasn't filmed in front of an audience.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Putting in a vote for The Chinese Restaurant.

"You're not Cartwright..." "OF COURSE I'M NOT CARTWRIGHT!!"

That episode great but there's no Kramer!

edit: Wait what's wrong with The Bris?! The dude that performs the circumcision is loving hilarious

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 6, 2012

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

S2E1, The Ex-Girlfriend. Then continue on through the rest of the series.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Probably The Contest, The Marine Biologist or The Strike.

But really, the correct answer is to watch the entire series and laugh until you've lost all of your innards.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

I grew up British without cable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also for most of my adult life I've thought of Seinfeld as 'that show with that racist guy'.

Thankyou for all of the suggestions, I shall watch some episodes and report back!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

notsoape posted:

I grew up British without cable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also for most of my adult life I've thought of Seinfeld as 'that show with that racist guy'.

Thankyou for all of the suggestions, I shall watch some episodes and report back!

Watch all episodes, then watch them again, then watch the Curb Your Enthusiasm season that's about the Seinfeld reunion, then watch Seinfeld again (then watch the CYE season with the Blacks)

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

The voice, the calves, the bacon...

My favorite thing about that episode is the subtle recurring gag in Newman's apartment where he trips over Kramer's legs as he walks by.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

notsoape posted:

Cable boy, cable boy, cable boy, what have you done to my little cable boy!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2OS8otzqM

I know it's not very Seinfeldian, but I think this is my favorite scene in the entire series.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It'd say it's VERY Seinfeldian, because Jerry wins again unfairly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ehud posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2OS8otzqM

I know it's not very Seinfeldian, but I think this is my favorite scene in the entire series.

I just loving love the concept of the "legend of Jerry the runner" and how that legend will only continue to grow based on this scene.... and it's all completely unfair and Duncan Meyer is actually completely right that he got screwed out of his victory... twice!