Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Mochiloc posted:

SNL on Stern again next week? God drat wasnt that just on like 2 months ago? Great to see the show taking multiple weeks off at a time and not even trying to come up with different things as filler.

I became a Stern fan in 2006 from the beginning of Sirius. When he got the tapes, I was one of the people BEGGING for a third channel of wall-to-wall random old shows, not-so-old-shows, spotlights, ect.

If you would have told me 6 years later how they used the tapes and how little of them they use, I'd have been floored.

Remember the all music weekend, and the other cool poo poo they used to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
It really is the easiest programming decision to make. Pick a year, and just start playing the shows from January 1st in order until the end of year.
Hell, even play the exact same "best of" shows they played on KROCK
Those were great, plus you got to hear Scott bitch about having to put them together the week before.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Seriously, it is better to download fan made best of packs at this point.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Manifest posted:

I'd take anything you read on dawg saloon with an enormous grain of salt.

I post on there every once in a while and have had some conversation back and forth with her. I believe what she says. Anyway, the Artie forum isn't nearly as hosed up as the rest of the site.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

GenoCanSing posted:

Remember the all music weekend, and the other cool poo poo they used to do?

They did an all-music day... this week, in fact.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Former Human posted:

He turned into Don Knotts.

I'm also getting a very distinct Daffy Duck vibe.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

I don't know why, but now I have this insatiable urge to see this picture of Howard photoshopped bald.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iO_8n5y5edk

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Great, howard's rear end in a top hat is hanging out

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Man, that reminds me of when my uncle ordered Butt Bongo Fiesta when I was like 12.
My mom had forbidden me from watching it, but he let me anyway, and my world was never the same.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AxeManiac posted:

Great, howard's rear end in a top hat is hanging out

Corey Feldman's obsession with Michael Jackson always perplexed me.

EDIT: :lol: the comments

quote:

Cocaine died out after the 80's because every last ounce of it was used in the making of this video.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Bonzo posted:

EDIT: :lol: the comments

Seriously what the gently caress was that video? I only started listening to Stern in 2002. This is not the grumpy old gently caress Howard that I know

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't even want to know what the gently caress's going on there. I am just glad to know it's there and no one can ever take it away from me.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Seriously what the gently caress was that video? I only started listening to Stern in 2002. This is not the grumpy old gently caress Howard that I know
Even in that video, though, he seems very stiff and uptight...like calculated fun, like he's not really enjoying himself.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Even in that video, though, he seems very stiff and uptight...like calculated fun, like he's not really enjoying himself.

Wasn't Howard and co. working hellacious hours during the channel 9 show?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Not directly on-topic, but I cracked up when I saw one of the people who tweeted (and got a response from) Donna Barstow:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

He doesn't enjoy himself, which is probably why he is so successful and not dead. This is a job for him, everything he does is calculated. He probably hated dancing around like an idiot, but did it for the money/fame and power.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

HAHAHAHAa

Why the hell is Howard sticking his arse to the camera all the time jesus

I Drink Stove Oil
Apr 4, 2009

SWOLE PATROL

Holy poo poo that was terrible, I didn't even make past the 1:30 mark. It was too painful to watch.

Who was the fat old white guy in the polo shirt?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

-Atom- posted:

Wasn't Howard and co. working hellacious hours during the channel 9 show?

Ya they talk about it every now and then, but basically between the radio show and channel 9 show they worked from like 5am until 9pm that night.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Robert A Booey's people are not getting back to me, looks like I won't get to give him my gift platter of shrimp :(

I did bump into John Hein at comic con last year, but Ralph posted on twitter that Sirius isn't footing the bill to send Geek Time to comic con, lol, Geek Time can't make it to comic con? Might as well hang up the cape dudes, you ain't a geek.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

To be fair, comic con has been pretty loving terrible for a while now.
When the cut the size of artist's alley and small press in half to make room for a 747 fuselage to promote Snakes On A Plane they might as well have played taps.

That said, Ralph and John Hein aren't really geeks so why would they know any of this. Ralph sounds like he just watches G4 or reads a lot of reddit.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.

This really is the greatest video of all time. The amount of passion Feldman is putting into those dance steps is phenomenal.

young Robin looks so happy dancing around like that :3:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was watching An Idiot Abroad tonight. You guys will appreciate this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ymgPYkdSIg&t=6m40s

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kylej posted:

I was watching An Idiot Abroad tonight. You guys will appreciate this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ymgPYkdSIg&t=6m40s

"...so somewhere, there's a guinea pig walking around with major poo poo." :buddy:

Edited to add, apropos of nothing:

prefect fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 9, 2012

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude
I was listening to the Howard Judges special that was on 7-3-12. They had his 18 old girl and her Mom on, who wrote the show and asked if Howard would help her daughter out. Howard set up a Playboy evaluation and she got a test shoot with them.

Artie starts to make jokes and cracking himself up about the people she's going meet at the Mansion. Artie warned her to let them know if someone comes up and asks her ''Have you ever heard of The Simpsons?'' Then he jokes that she'd probably see David Spade new home before anyone on the show would.

I just Googled her, Jillian Grace, and my head exploded when I read this.

quote:

On August 26, 2008, Grace gave birth to a daughter named Harper; the father is actor David Spade.

Artie called it!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Just in case anyone was looking for more Stern content, here are some channels I've subscribed to on YouTube that have a ton of content (some video, some audio-only). If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to post them:

-bignosedbastard
-cizz07
-Clausfarre
-cpuss
-ericthebedhumper2
-fadetoblack2308 [thanks hypersober]
-IWantYouToGoToJail
-killpigfuker
-KingofLiesEdTorian [thanks hypersober]
-MarvelComics1985
-MasterTubeTheatre
-minitaco100
-mnkycmkydu
-shaneomtl2
-skippyeyes [thanks prefect]
-toxicwastebuildup [thanks Mochiloc]

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 10, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Maybe its the lighting in that pic but Beth's left eye looks different then her right one. They look like they are shaped differently.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Maybe its the lighting in that pic but Beth's left eye looks different then her right one. They look like they are shaped differently.

There are theories that she had a stroke or got half her face paralyzed with Botox, and now she's turning into Greta Van Susteren. :shrug:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Bonzo posted:

Many people have one eye bigger than the other. A good photographer knows how to compensate for it so it's a non issue for models.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

EngineerJoe posted:

Many people have one eye bigger than the other. A good photographer knows how to compensate for it so it's a non issue for models.

taking still shots of anyone in motion is usually disturbing however

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Her teeth are whiter than her eyeballs.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

haljordan posted:

Just in case anyone was looking for more Stern content, here are some channels I've subscribed to on YouTube that have a ton of content (some video, some audio-only). If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to post them:

-bignosedbastard
-cizz07
-Clausfarre
-cpuss
-ericthebedhumper2
-IWantYouToGoToJail
-killpigfuker
-MarvelComics1985
-MasterTubeTheatre
-minitaco100
-mnkycmkydu
-shaneomtl2

Some dick keeps reporting cizz07 to youtube, so I have no idea how long he'll be around, but he has some great older material up.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah, him and IWantYouToGoToJail have excellent TV stuff.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
toxicwastebuildup has a lot of good stuff, add him to the list

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

We're the Howard Stern Show and even we don't know what Steve Brandano does either.

We're the Howard Stern Show and even we don't know what Steve Brandano does either.

IT'S ONE OR THE OTHER.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Smeep posted:

IT'S ONE OR THE OTHER.

That annoys the poo poo out of me for this exact reason every time they play it!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Was the SNL thing good today?

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

haljordan posted:

-bignosedbastard
-cizz07
-Clausfarre
-cpuss
-ericthebedhumper2
-IWantYouToGoToJail
-killpigfuker
-MarvelComics1985
-MasterTubeTheatre
-minitaco100
-mnkycmkydu
-shaneomtl2
-toxicwastebuildup [thanks Mochiloc]

- fadetoblack2308
- KingofLiesEdTorian

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Was the SNL thing good today?

It's a repeat of the first time they played it. It's not a bad special, but if you heard it the first time you're not getting anything new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

Some dick keeps reporting cizz07 to youtube, so I have no idea how long he'll be around, but he has some great older material up.

skippyeyes has some good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxzrVQCOjL4

And here's a good clip where Baba Booey sees the future of the show around 11:35 in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHrSWPE2aU
"You just want someone to agree with you on everything."

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 10, 2012