Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Nah, that's pretty par for the whole MU/Hasbro Marvel license, really. Apparently the mutations for mutants include downs syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

So apparently the Jubilee from the new Marvel Universe wave has...problems.

It's a new mutant ability, her ability to see 240 degrees around her face.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

She looks like Liza Manelli.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

A Jubilee that constantly gets vertigo attacks.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Quick, someone get Uma Thurman's Eye Wrangler on the phone.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

So I've just dug out a Marvel Legends 2nd Wave Doombot variant. Anyone know how much it might be worth, looking at eBay most of them seem to be from a wave 8 rerelease and I've been out of the game so long I don't really know what's going on any more.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

aga. posted:

So I've just dug out a Marvel Legends 2nd Wave Doombot variant. Anyone know how much it might be worth, looking at eBay most of them seem to be from a wave 8 rerelease and I've been out of the game so long I don't really know what's going on any more.

10-20 dollars.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Horde Prime owns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

Horde Prime owns.

THAT'S Horde Prime?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He had another head that is like an elder Hordak head and it's all red and black. I like this head better so whatever!

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=
I've had a pretty good 2 weeks so far. I found a DCUC Red Arrow at Target for $11 on clearance while on vacation. I come back home and I find a current-wave Sinestro for $7 at a local Target.

So, be on the look out cause apparently Target is clearing out the DCUC stuff.

I kinda feel like the figures should be between $8-10 anyway. =\

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Anyone interested in some older BAF pieces? I'm not sure which came with what at this point, I've just got some extras lying about.

I've got:

Brood:

Front torso w/head
right and left front tentacles
3 right side legs

Annihilus
Complete except for head

Gorilla Grodd

Body, Head, left arm

Apocalypse

Head/upper torso

Blob

arm
Left Leg

Red Hulk

Left arm
Right leg
Torso

Onslaught

Right arm

Galactus

Lower torso

Also, a complete galactus

DCUC left arm (pink, despero maybe?)

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Got a Cloaked Classic Predator at TRU today, and I also picked up the GI Joe Retaliation HISS Tank.

I gotta say, I like the design of this new HISS Tank, maybe even more than the Pursuit of Cobra version.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Bushifox posted:

Anyone interested in some older BAF pieces?

I'd be interested in the Annihilus bits.

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
How much for the complete galactus?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Mexicola posted:

How much for the complete galactus?

45 shipped?

funtax posted:

I'd be interested in the Annihilus bits.

25 shipped?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Let me check when I get home to make sure I actually still have my Annihilus head before I say yes.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Still on the hunt for a (good) Avengers Black Widow - saw one at a local TRU a day or so ago, but it was all hosed up. :sigh: Big mark across the face, and the knee joint was all warped.

Thanks, Hasbro distribution/quality control!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

funtax posted:

Let me check when I get home to make sure I actually still have my Annihilus head before I say yes.

If you guys could let me know by tonight, otherwise they will be hitting ebay.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone have some Ares legs per chance? He is so sad looking without them.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Bushifox posted:

If you guys could let me know by tonight, otherwise they will be hitting ebay.

Found my head. I'm good at $25. Let me know where to send funds.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Djarum posted:

Anyone have some Ares legs per chance? He is so sad looking without them.

Isn't that the one that came with crossbones that seems to be going for 50 bucks on ebay for just the leg right now?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bushifox posted:

Isn't that the one that came with crossbones that seems to be going for 50 bucks on ebay for just the leg right now?

Yup. I need the pieces from Crossbones and Vision. You have to be kidding me about it being 50 bucks! I can understand for Crossbones which was shot packed for whatever reason but just for the BAF piece? The whole drat complete figure doesn't sell for that much.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They didn't make a lot of that series and it was also around the time everyone was motherfucking Hasbro over poo poo Legends do a lot of people missed out on an awesome figure.

Also it was pure luck to find it since it was a Walmart wave. All those factors plus time add value.

Mines arm kept falling off loose so I sold it on eBay and it went for $145.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Djarum posted:

Yup. I need the pieces from Crossbones and Vision. You have to be kidding me about it being 50 bucks! I can understand for Crossbones which was shot packed for whatever reason but just for the BAF piece? The whole drat complete figure doesn't sell for that much.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Lege...a#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Lege...7#ht_747wt_1165

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Lege...#ht_1508wt_1165

It does now.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 1, 2012

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jesus... Guess poor Ares will never have legs now since I am not about to pay 70-100 bucks for a BAF piece.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like it's time to finally bite the bullet and get Nolan's Batman, Hot Toys loving NAILED everything IMO.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
They even got the little mole next to Bale's right eye. That thing is a masterpiece.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Are they seriously doing The Bat in the same scale as well? That thing isn't just going to cost a fortune, it'd be bloody huge..!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Are they seriously doing The Bat in the same scale as well? That thing isn't just going to cost a fortune, it'd be bloody huge..!

C'mon, it can't be that big, can it?

:stare:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

C'mon, it can't be that big, can it?

:stare:

That plus the reissue of the Batpod and the Tumbler. Hope you have some spare coffee tables.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

And are willing to increase the insurance coverage on your house. :stare:

Think about it this way. If that Batman is, say, $150 (and that's a really, really conservative number), then there's no way The Bat will sell for anything less than like $500 (and again, that's a conservative number).

That means that you could get The Bat *OR* you could get a pretty good 42" hi-def television.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Xenomrph posted:

Think about it this way. If that Batman is, say, $150 (and that's a really, really conservative number), then there's no way The Bat will sell for anything less than like $500 (and again, that's a conservative number).

That means that you could get The Bat *OR* you could get a pretty good 42" hi-def television.

Man, and here I thought ~180 for Masterpiece Soundwave was insane.* GodDAMN :stonk:
*It still is, just not as insane.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Considering that the '89 Batmobile is $630, I'd wager this thing will be $700 easy, if not $800+.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Sideshow is running a contest to win their upcoming Catwoman. The website is down (I guess?) but I entered because why not.

quote:

he latest in Sideshow's line of Legendary Scale DC figures, this Catwoman stands 38" tall and features a tailored fabric bodysuit, detailed goggles, a hand-woven real leather whip and a display base inspired by the Gotham Diamond Exchange.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The new MU 3 Pack is up for order on HTS:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/marvel-universe-heroic-age-heroes-pack?BR=820&SBR=726&ST=SO&PG=1

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Saw the new TMNT figures at Toys R Us today. They looked pretty cool. No sign of the 6" Classic Turtles though.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Wait a minute, so not only does that new Red Hulk use the same base body as the new Hulk, but it also has an identical head? Like, they couldn't even be bothered to sculpt a new tiny head for this thing? This new trend is starting to get too lazy. I was cool with them recycling the same 4-5 bodies (super heroes in spandex can only look so different), but even then they were usually at least good enough to give us a unique head sculpt. Almost all of their newest releases in that line have been completely recycled repaints of things we've already seen. Come on, Hasbro. :effort:

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Wait a minute, so not only does that new Red Hulk use the same base body as the new Hulk, but it also has an identical head? Like, they couldn't even be bothered to sculpt a new tiny head for this thing? This new trend is starting to get too lazy. I was cool with them recycling the same 4-5 bodies (super heroes in spandex can only look so different), but even then they were usually at least good enough to give us a unique head sculpt. Almost all of their newest releases in that line have been completely recycled repaints of things we've already seen. Come on, Hasbro. :effort:

Psylocke has a Phoenix head of all things. It looks strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Xenomrph posted:

That Batman is closer to $250 so The Bat will likely be in the $800-$1000 range. Their upcoming Batmobile is $629~.

But at that point it's aimed for a really high-end market, they know only people with assloads of cash (or REALLY dedicated Batman fans) will be buying it. Just the space to display it alone is huge!

As for other high-end collectibles, Sideshow's putting up their gigantic 33" Galactus tomorrow.

Guessing it'll be in the $800-$1000 range as well.

Bandit64 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 8, 2012