Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Over the last several months, the University of Montana fan-page egriz.com has been abuzz with gossip regarding pending legal struggles at the U of M. Following a multitude of allegations of rape by students and student athletes, football players in particular, spanning several months, the administration has come under fire for the handling of such complaints, as it appears the administration and athletic staff attempted to both keep accusers quiet, avoid reporting to the police, and even punish the victims for "violating the student code of conduct" by going public with their allegations. While the football coach and athletic director were both dismissed (yet are under contract, and as such are being paid for the next year), the University is now being investigated by the Department of Education and the NCAA, and the local District Attorney's office is being investigated by the Department of Justice for it's own mishandling of alleged sexual assault cases.

The grand sum of this has been some spectacular posting by community members and football fans. Trolling, stupidity, or spectacular douchebaggery?

ALPHAGRIZ1 posted:

Good question...........I have one also

If you have to be raped, would it be better to be raped by one person or 5+?

I mean if you are raped by just one person you have to think to yourself that you could have done something, fought them off or made it hard to deal with. But if you have multiple people you dont stand a chance so you wouldnt have any of the "I could have done something" thoughts going through your head afterwards.

You would probably think "every dog has its day....and today wasnt mine", "at least I have my health", and "Its still better than being a cat fan".

I would also think that many years later after you get over it, the gang rape story would go over better at parties and banquets. Seriously if you tell a group of people that you hardly know that you were raped by just one person they probably think your just regretting a drunken one night stand, but if you tell them about multiple offenders you win over the crowd instantly.

Tokyogriz posted:

Gwen Florio needs to choke to her demise on the beaver she so much craves and spare us all this rehashing poo poo from 2 years ago.

Note - Gwen Florio is the reporter who has been covering the story in the local paper, a lovely writer to be certain, but still.

msla mom of 5 girls posted:

Mmmmmmm----finally got around to a posting. OK, I will repeat myself. Jordy is drunk at Foresters Ball. Girl calls and comes and picks him up and takes him to HER house. She gets him into bed and away we go. He wakes up the next mrning and gets his butt out of there. Never calls her. She's ticked. Someone gets to her and bingo! Here we go! I call this a one night stand. Let her prove rape. I want you all to look hard to see who is behnd this! Somebody is pulling the strings-----and destroying peoples lives. What a world we live in!!! Let's see now where the leadrship comes from and who has the moxy to stand up for what is right. I hope Paoili has the heart of a lion and goes after this with no holes bared and sends a clear message to these haters in Missoula!

Jordan Johnson is the latest of 10 football players accused of rape in 4 incidents spanning the last 18 months. Good times.

Umista posted:

Many of you bull 'siters' are trying to tell us the following: Infact, you never had sex with a female while she was drunk? You did not have sex during the period you were drunk?

Further: You never had sex during times both of you had consumed alcohol? With your wife? Girl friend?

An entire thread full of mealy mouthed god fearing liars!

A bunch of guilty lying phonys eh?

In the meantime, has a Griz football player been found GUILTY of rape? Have you (jump to conclusions) types become any better than Gased up Gwen Florio? Naw!

See, getting drunk and having sex with your wife and raping a girl are practically the same thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Montanans don't always get the credit they deserve for being passionate fans, mostly because those passionate fans are subhuman and incorrigible

What kind of person actively ponders the question of whether being raped by a single person or a group of five men is better in any conceivable way

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

"I would also think that many years later after you get over it, the gang rape story would go over better at parties and banquets."

Jesus Christ. :staredog:

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

tinstaach posted:

"I would also think that many years later after you get over it, the gang rape story would go over better at parties and banquets."

That was the craziest line to me as well. Who are these people? I hope I never meet them.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

tinstaach posted:

That poo poo's hilarious, who thinks of that.

I can imagine a stand up comedian gunning to winning the crowd.

"So what is with being gang-raped...?"

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

tinstaach posted:

You left out the best/most incomprehensible part...

quote:

but if you tell them about multiple offenders you win over the crowd instantly.

Because if there's one thing rape victims are most concerned about it's how much attention their stories about being the victims of horrific sexual brutality will get them at various social gatherings.

Even ignoring the complete social ineptitude one must possess to assume rape is something people casually discuss at parties and weddings and poo poo, there's the assumption that its like no big deal at all for the victim and they love talking about it like it were something to brag about.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I've had people randomly inform me of their sexual assaults. Both victims and victimizers, and it did not lead to fun conversations. It was more like an episode of the Office. Extremely awkward.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

McKracken posted:

Even ignoring the complete social ineptitude one must possess to assume rape is something people casually discuss at parties and weddings and poo poo, there's the assumption that its like no big deal at all for the victim and they love talking about it like it were something to brag about.
Better than being a 'Cats fan. :colbert:

jesus christ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you get penetrated by one guy you're a slut, but 5 guys? Now you're got my respect!

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
"I hope Paoili has the heart of a lion and goes after this with no holes bared and sends a clear message to these haters in Missoula!"

I think the whole unbarred attitude towards going after holes is what's caused this issue in the first place.

Anyone? No? Alright then. Oh also these people are loving crazy and disgust, footbaw yaw.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Its Montana. Its like America's Somalia up there.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Actually, Sash, that would be Minnesota.

Montana is more like Kazakhstan. People are genuinely surprised that there's running water, electricity and Internet access there.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Actually, Sash, that would be Minnesota.

Montana is more like Kazakhstan. People are genuinely surprised that there's running water, electricity and Internet access there.

What does this make West Virginia? Or the Dakotas? Or loving Wyoming?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

DeimosRising posted:

Siberia I guess. At least we have some awesome scenery in Montana, to go with our asbestos and rednecks.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

DeimosRising posted:

The Dakotas are Chechnya. Wyoming is the 7th plane of hell. West Virginia is the 1800s.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

What does this make West Virginia?

Pakistan.

Mountainous terrain controlled by local tribal warlords.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sash! posted:

Pakistan.

Mountainous terrain controlled by local tribal warlords.

As a native I accept this uncritically.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's not football but it's too good to pass up.

quote:

Hey guys, first let me tell all of you that I am most definitely not a religous fanatic or some Bible thumping phony. I am a flawed indiviidual and a sinner. I most definitely am. I am a strong believer in the Lord, however, and would be a lot worse without Him and that is important for what I'm going to say......I REALLY THINK THAT GOD IS PUNISHING THE RED SOX SEVERELY FOR THEIR PLOFIGATE AND ARROGANT WAYS WHEN THEY WERE ON TOP OF THE BASEBBALL WORLD. They did stupid things with personnel, kept favorite and sacred cows and traded away prospects that might have been helpful down the road. Epstein acted like he was Alexander the Great, Lucchino like Stalin and Henry as if he were an Emperor. In the meantime our team became a hated ball club by others, whether it was because of jealousy or because of what they perceived as our arrogance and self-importance.

No team in baseball has suffered the amount of critical injuries as we have....no team!!!!! There has to e some reason for it whether it is bad karma, the wrath of the gods, bad luck or a combination of different things. To regain any semblance of respectability in the eyes of nature and nature's God there is going to have to be a self cleansing of some kind so that whoever determines these things starts smiling on our team because right now we see to get nothing but angry looks and snears. Yes, this sounds off the wall, and it also does to me, but can anyone give a better take on w hy we suffer mishaps so much more than o ther teams?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Hey guys, first let me tell all of you that I am most definitely schizophrenic.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's not football but it's too good to pass up.

No one ever remembers Tom Werner :smith:

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

DeimosRising posted:

Wyoming is Mongolia, but less progressive and far more backward.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

quote:

...I am a strong believer in the Lord, however, and would be a lot worse without Him and that is important for what I'm going to say...

quote:

There has to e some reason for it whether it is bad karma, the wrath of the gods, bad luck or a combination of different things.

Hmm yes...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He's just covering all his bases.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Cornelius Washington, UGA linebacker posted some "woe is us" tweet RE: Crowell's dismissal, and some redneck screamed out a reply that's getting reposted by tons of people.

It's about as racist as you'd expect.

Dumb loving Redneck posted:

So now, here we are.. one of your poor downtrodden teammates has suffered unjustly from some heretofor unknown boogey man that clearly has stacked the deck against him.

Nevermind that 3/4s of the state would have loaned him their car and put him up for the night after he decided to stay in state and play for dear old UGA. Nevermind that 65% of the state forgave him the 1st 4 or 5 times he failed a drug test, acted like a petulant little bitch about school or classwork, came out of every game that an opponent busted him in his little bitch assed mouth, and generally acted like a little dreadlocked flower with all of the toughness of a three legged kitten, possessing the smarts of a window licking retard with water on the brain...

So now he's taken to driving around with the next generation of UGA players with a gun that apparently isn't his and lo & behold, the serial number has been removed ( a Federal Offense that carries a penalty of 2-10 year in the joint).
But it's clearly not his fault, I mean.. how could it be, he's been a model citizen since he left Columbus and arrived on the big stage. Every gesture, every nuance would lead the dispassionate bystander to the opinion that this just COULDN'T POSSIBLY be IC1's gun!

What the gently caress is the matter with you morons?

I was around when Frank Ros and the boys stole a pig before the 1980 season.. I was aware of the entire defense getting suspended before playing Miami of Ohio in the Tangerine Bowl (a game I watched on that black & white TV - we lost as a result in spite of being heavily favored), hell I even vaaaguely remember some of the expoilts of Jake Scott...
Every one of those guys was punished in some way that made them want to die & then they contritely returned to the team, better men for it.(Well, except for Scott who told Dooley to gently caress off and went to play in Canada before becoming a Super Bowl MVP eventually.. but he didn't whine like a freaking bitch that nobody understood **sniff**, **sob**, and besides, I'm pretty sure Jake Scott could kill any one of you just by yelling)

How did your boy IC1 fare after his 6 or 7 chances?

Your little boy brains need to catch up to your full grown man bodies before you find yourselves hanging off the back of a trash collection truck IF YOU'RE LUCKY!
You're blessed with health, superior athletic ability, and keen minds.. every advantage possible. Free school, a huge support system, the adulation of fans everywhere.. and somehow, we just don't understand?

Understand what, that you're a freaking moron? That some of you waste these gifts and then whine like a bitch because instead of giving you a 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th chance we dare wonder what'n the hell is the matter with you?

I suppose instead I should EXPECT YOU TO FAIL? Then I would understand, right?
Are you idiots eating lead paint sandwiches between all the bong hits you're apparently doing? Be a freaking man and own up to your situation. It's not everyone else's fault, the quicker that takes root in your addled brain the better.
Take the gifts that are given you - the OBVIOUS advantages the wheel of fortune has allowed you to enjoy and make something out of yourself.. or disappear into oblivion (preferably quietly, lest we think you are an even bigger idiot than you have led us to believe already)
:siren:I hope your dad is en route to Athens to kick you in the rear end (because I doubt our candy-assed coach will), you need it...:siren:

Your Pal,
Bobby

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 6, 2012

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And from the linked article's comments:

Is it weird that I stood up and applauded my computer screen when I finished reading that?
Ok, that is both an epic rant and spot on correct.
I would love to see Bobby's response read by EVERY athlete from high school to professional level. In fact, I would happily e-mail this to all involved with my favorite pro football team (and most around GA), the Atlanta Falcons.
I hope someone here and/or at the Red and Black makes sure this article gets to our beloved UGA football team and coaches.

The athletes must know we have supported them repeatedly, but they also must realize the "black eye" they or others put upon all of us affiliated with UGA by they're unlawful actions or bad behavior.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
There's also a commenter who says "I was a Redcoat for four years and got hot sometimes Washington needs to suck it up"

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Ah yes, health, athletic ability and keen minds: every advantage possible. Thats all it takes to succeed in this country. actually that's all there ever could be, as far as advantages go. Those 3.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Rap posted:

Ah yes, health, athletic ability and keen minds: every advantage possible. Thats all it takes to succeed in this country. actually that's all there ever could be, as far as advantages go. Those 3.

I'm getting by with just a keen mind, I wouldn't mind health and athletic ability :goonsay:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

poo poo, I ain't got any of the three.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Cornelius Washington, UGA linebacker posted some "woe is us" tweet RE: Crowell's dismissal, and some redneck screamed out a reply that's getting reposted by tons of people.

It's about as racist as you'd expect.

Once again, grown rear end adults following kids on Twitter and Facebook is creepy as hell to me. Not to mention the fact that this entire rant is the embodiment of :stare: .

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whatever happened to that Texas fan from TFF who was a hardcore "recruiting follower" (ie a pedophile)?? I remember him even being a middle school teacher or something :stare:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Crazy685 posted:

Whatever happened to that Texas fan from TFF who was a hardcore "recruiting follower" (ie a pedophile)?? I remember him even being a middle school teacher or something :stare:

You mean El Penis? I think he still lurks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No no no El Penis was just a moron. Im talking about a guy who was only in the recruiting threads and he basically lived and breathed college recruiting.

All these recruiting breakdowns for high school kids read like a gay personal ad so it's always kinda creeped me out

edit; Grove Rat. That's it.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Crazy685 posted:

He was permabanned for defending Jerry Sandusky, apparently seriously.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Crazy685 posted:

middle school teacher or something

Crazy685 posted:

recruiting breakdowns for high school kids read like a gay personal ad

jeffersonlives posted:

defending Jerry Sandusky

:stonk:

I'm glad I don't remember any of this, but I admit, I'm intrigued to see the posts . . .

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Dr_Strangelove posted:

:stonk:

I'm glad I don't remember any of this, but I admit, I'm intrigued to see the posts . . .

Enjoy!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Well, this is as horrible a post as one can get.

quote:

When people like stuart scott irl come in to repeatedly assert their own (unchallenged) moral conviction and fortitude, it makes me question their moral conviction and fortitude.

EVIL PEOPLE - GOOD PEOPLE - I AM GOOD PEOPLE

The PDF is disturbing, and it's pretty goddam easy to see how this all shook out. Sandusky is a deeply insecure and terrified human being. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself, and if it's a pound of flesh you want from him, then be sated by the fact that he has lived much of his life in mortal terror of both his own desires and the society that wants to crush him for those desires.

loving hell.

From the original Sandusky thread.

E: FB, but at least I got the quote that earned a perma probation.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Morby posted:

Well, this is as horrible a post as one can get.

From the original Sandusky thread.

E: FB, but at least I got the quote that earned a perma probation.

Oh, gently caress, I do remember that. :barf:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Oh, gently caress, I do remember that. :barf:

You were even quoted as one of the evil people making Sandusky a villain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He still doesn't get what he did wrong and PMs me like once a month begging to come back.

He also remains the only guy I've ever banned who did not generate even a single "free poster X" post (do not use this as an excuse to make one for him or anyone else, please)

• Locked thread