Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I don't want to speak for millenia but I think one of the reasons the energy weapons have been avoided is a lack of real world references to use for wear n tear, grunge, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Naky posted:

I don't want to speak for millenia but I think one of the reasons the energy weapons have been avoided is a lack of real world references to use for wear n tear, grunge, etc.

Partially, and mostly just a general preference for traditional firearms.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

As usual, that's looking really good. As usual, you'd probably do wonders for the energy weapons. You improved the mesh for the M79-style grenade launcher, right? Have you done that with this, and are you still using the original texture resolutions?

I usually try to edit the mesh as little as possible, so they're almost entirely the same. I added a few loops to some parts to make the normal maps render out better. The newer textures for WRP are 2048 instead of vanilla 1024, since I figured I might as well go for broke if I'm doing them from scratch.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Is there an updated texture pack Arenovalis? The one I find on Nexus hasn't been updated since late 2011 or something and I'd love one with all the new textures if you've got one.

They're extremely well done :)

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

I should prolly update it but I haven't dared update without making it GRA compatible :v:

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Are there any good hair pack mods that add male, non-anime hairstyles or beards?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Davos posted:

Are there any good hair pack mods that add male, non-anime hairstyles or beards?

I made a little pack called "SHaM" and posted it here a few weeks ago. It adds ~11 normal hairstyles, some of which overlap and can be worn by both men and women. Stuff like cornrows, dreadlocks, and exclusively ordinary, masculine haircuts. You might enjoy it.

Also, it unlocks other ages for each race (i.e., you can play as a "Caucasian", "Caucasian, Middle Aged" or "Caucasian, Old") without having to resort to 'player.agerace' commands.

Link

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So AG Supplementary Uniques is currently hidden on Nexus. Right after 3.21 got uploaded. I checked the mod thread and it looks like Millenia/Arenovalis found some of his textures being used without permission or credit in the mod? I was kinda looking forward to downloading it when I got home from work, guess I'll have to wait until this gets sorted out. :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Bloody Pom posted:

So AG Supplementary Uniques is currently hidden on Nexus. Right after 3.21 got uploaded. I checked the mod thread and it looks like Millenia/Arenovalis found some of his textures being used without permission or credit in the mod? I was kinda looking forward to downloading it when I got home from work, guess I'll have to wait until this gets sorted out. :(

Hah. Went beyond that, the person in question went so far as to put their name on the texture itself from what he was saying.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah someone contributed my textures as their own to AG :v:

It'll be back up when they are replaced.

E:/ it's back up.

In other news,

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 6, 2012

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Does anone know a mod that can give me a skinnier or fatter male body type? I'm trying to do either a Myron or Vic run but the the default is way too in-shape for Vic (though tolerable for Myron). Rampaging the Mojave as a Robco Certified balding tubby guy hinges upon thine answer.

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011

physeter posted:

Does anone know a mod that can give me a skinnier or fatter male body type? I'm trying to do either a Myron or Vic run but the the default is way too in-shape for Vic (though tolerable for Myron). Rampaging the Mojave as a Robco Certified balding tubby guy hinges upon thine answer.

If you want to make yourself smaller for a Myron playthrough, use player.setscale 1.00, where any value below 1 makes your character smaller than average, albeit with the same proportions. Post pictures of your Myron though, because that is a great idea. Though I don't think you ought to be allowed to tag any combat skills or use rifles to faithfully recreate the extent of Myron's awful awful combat ability.

Vic is definitely a lot harder, though. As far as body type, I can't find anything besides this, which is a little too ridiculous. Try just wearing the Trader outfit (the one with the baggy military coat), that thing makes anyone look chubby (then adopt it as your signature armour).

Now I want to do a Vic playthrough. Or Lenny.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that replaces to first person view hands with something high res?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that replaces to first person view hands with something high res?

I've been looking for this for months, I don't think it exists.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/46956/

Released the grenade launcher retex.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Are there any mod collections with some of the most used mods already set up like there were for Oblivion, or suggestions on what's a good basic package to overhaul the game? I read back 10 pages and didn't see anything.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Comrade Flynn posted:

Are there any mod collections with some of the most used mods already set up like there were for Oblivion, or suggestions on what's a good basic package to overhaul the game? I read back 10 pages and didn't see anything.

Project Nevada is widely regarded, and with good reason, as the place to start when it comes to overhauling New Vegas. You have a very high degree of control over all kinds of things, and it's pretty modular.

There's also Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, and jsawyer. Look through the last couple pages again, though, as there's been a lot of talk about jsawyer and CCO, with a bit of PN sprinkled throughout.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Coughing Hobo posted:

Project Nevada is widely regarded, and with good reason, as the place to start when it comes to overhauling New Vegas. You have a very high degree of control over all kinds of things, and it's pretty modular.

There's also Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, and jsawyer. Look through the last couple pages again, though, as there's been a lot of talk about jsawyer and CCO, with a bit of PN sprinkled throughout.

Oh yeah, I saw all those which are great starting points. The old Oblivion mod patches usually had those types with graphic tweaks and other miscellaneous additions which all worked well together.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Comrade Flynn posted:

Oh yeah, I saw all those which are great starting points. The old Oblivion mod patches usually had those types with graphic tweaks and other miscellaneous additions which all worked well together.

There's nothing like that, I don't think, nothing that's been approved by the community at large it seems. I haven't seen any large all-encompassing mod packs like that for FO3 or any Gamebryo game since, Skyrim's Tytanis mod notwithstanding. I think modding became such commonplace and relatively easy for end users that one-stop shopping for that one mod is a thing of the past.

Take a perusal of the OP, it's really quite good and is a drat solid starting point for modding New Vegas up.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
So Armory development has slowed down a bit, but we have added a few more weapons while we wait for Anime Schoolgirl's life to settle down a bit. I'm also mostly done the process of creating a static object for 98% of the weapons in the pack. Why is this important? Oh nothing.

Just maybe in case someone was insane enough to create a display wall using the Armory's assets.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
I'm sure you all get this sort of question a lot, but is there a guide somewhat like this: http://i52.tinypic.com/2qdm8.jpg for New Vegas (minus the nude mods thing, obviously). So far I'm downloading Project Nevada and Nevada Skies due to the OP, but I'm unsure where to go from here, if I need to go anywhere.

edit: tables oh my god

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

GreenAcidRage posted:

I'm sure you all get this sort of question a lot, but is there a guide somewhat like this: http://i52.tinypic.com/2qdm8.jpg for New Vegas (minus the nude mods thing, obviously). So far I'm downloading Project Nevada and Nevada Skies due to the OP, but I'm unsure where to go from here, if I need to go anywhere.

No but that looks like it would be both frustrating and fun as gently caress to make! Hmmmm...

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

GreenAcidRage posted:

Oh, wow, that's actually exactly what I was remembering from before. It really helped me out to get to a good, modified "base" in Oblivion and then tweak from there.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

No but that looks like it would be both frustrating and fun as gently caress to make! Hmmmm...

:getin:

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

I have some time on my hands to touch up CCO a bit. However, the city's power grid is being more schizophrenic than Casey Anthony. Two things:

1. What's the verdict on the fixed Classic Perks version I put up a few pages back? There wasn't much feedback on it. Oh, and remember: With this new version, you shouldn't be using the unified "CCO - CP PN Patch" anymore. Just load each of the modular patches separately, using the new "CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch" from the new release, of course.

2. Refresh my memory: What were some of the outstanding problems with the CCO-JSaywer compatibility patches? As I recall, a few values were overlapping and causing problems.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
Okay so I got FOMM, NVSE and BOSS, I can't seem to use the Download with Manager option from the Nexus. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

satsui no thankyou fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 7, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Cirosan posted:

I have some time on my hands to touch up CCO a bit. However, the city's power grid is being more schizophrenic than Casey Anthony. Two things:

1. What's the verdict on the fixed Classic Perks version I put up a few pages back? There wasn't much feedback on it. Oh, and remember: With this new version, you shouldn't be using the unified "CCO - CP PN Patch" anymore. Just load each of the modular patches separately, using the new "CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch" from the new release, of course.

2. Refresh my memory: What were some of the outstanding problems with the CCO-JSaywer compatibility patches? As I recall, a few values were overlapping and causing problems.

The patch you released seems to have done the trick for me, at least regarding the health bug with the Reaper trait.

Off the top of my head, there was an issue with carry weight:

By default, carry weight is STR x 10 + 150, and poking around Jsawyer.esp, I can't find a change for this. It does, however, change the base to 50. So at STR 5, carry weight is 5 x 10 + 50 = 100. But since Jsawyer.esp only changes the base carry weight, it combines with the changes from CCO, which end up being STR x 25 + 50 = 175. It isn't technically a conflict because the two plugins aren't making changes to the exact same thing, but they do combine to make a dissonant number.

"Fixed" by opening CCO Gameplay Changes.esm and changing the carry multiplier to 10.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.

Cirosan posted:

I haven't heard anyone else bring it up, but I was still having the issue with the skill points being incorrectly calculated. It looked like it was using vanilla values but it might have been a different formula giving the same result.

The formula in the readme is inconsistent (one part says 5 + int, another says 6 + int) but either way I was getting an extra skillpoint or two from somewhere. Don't remember my exact load order, but it was a pretty light loadout, with cco, jsawyer, and some puce moose tweaks (just item rarity IIRC).

You said you used a perk to change the way skill points work but I couldn't find the entry with my (very) limited knowledge of FNVedit/GECK.

---

Aside from that and the strength calculation, I didn't notice any problems.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Signature Armor by SA's Strudel Man introduces a system that rewards focusing on using specific armors to become better with them, rather than simply choosing the nominally "best" armor in your inventory.

This needs more love. Just started a new game and it's seriously impressive. A touch overpowered on the stealth end, I'd double the required exp myself. But it's a new must have for me even as is.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Has anybody tried Beyond Boulder Dome? How is it?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Has anybody tried Beyond Boulder Dome? How is it?

I haven't, since I'm waiting for the official, non-beta release when most of the bugs are squashed (mainly a few buggy quests, the occasional missing mesh, and a conflict with LOD and the Dome's base.) That being said, I've heard nothing but praise for the mod, with it being called a fifth, unofficial DLC. The videos I've seen have demonstrated the VA, which is pretty good--not spectacular, but leagues better than a 15-year old putting on his best "grizzled badass" impersonation. So far, everything else indicates that the mod is loving solid.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The description has me a bit skeptical - sounds like the saintly white knight Brotherhood of FO3 is showing up for this one - but there's obviously a poo poo ton of work that went into it, most of it probably not half-assed. I'll plug it in after I've kicked through the OC in Jsawyer for a bit.

Also what I loved most about the Boulder Dome design doc stuff was the Andromeda Strain sci-fi paranoiac stuff, and it's unclear whether that's survived into the mod.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Just finished installing all my desired mods, but when I start up the game Project Nevada gives me some error message about not having the HUD extensions installed. I've no idea what this is referring to and Google can't seem to find me any answers, anyone have a clue? Also, the Weapon Mod Menu keeps saying I don't have the menu files for the mod and to reinstall, which I've done 5 times to apparently no avail, and the only file there even seems to be in the rar is the .bsa itself.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

thepopstalinist posted:

The description has me a bit skeptical - sounds like the saintly white knight Brotherhood of FO3 is showing up for this one - but there's obviously a poo poo ton of work that went into it, most of it probably not half-assed. I'll plug it in after I've kicked through the OC in Jsawyer for a bit.

Also what I loved most about the Boulder Dome design doc stuff was the Andromeda Strain sci-fi paranoiac stuff, and it's unclear whether that's survived into the mod.

The way I understand it, the BoS in "Beyond Boulder Dome" do have more of a peacekeeping role, which puts them somewhere between Fo3's "Charity, Puppies, and Rainbows" BoS and the traditionally reactionary and insular BoS.

It definitely is interesting that a lot of the mod is cribbed from Van Buren, which (to me) makes it more appealing than other fan-made quests. For example, there's another mod that showed a lot of promise until it was revealed that one of the factions was from a Resident Evil game.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's pretty intriguing that the NCR in this mod seems to fit the "evil" role, being that their goal is to kill everybody that may have been exposed to this virus.

Playing that mod as a well-meaning saint of the NCR should be interesting.

HappiestBatman
Apr 16, 2010

The wind rises, tearing dead leaves free. Frogs croak like a cartoon car alarm. Crickets pick up the chorus. A wolf howls. I know how he feels.

\
I've got an issue I'm wondering if anyone can help me with. I reinstalled New Vegas earlier today. Right now it's basically completely vanilla. The only things added are the DLC (except Courier's Stash) and NVSE since I planned on doing some modding. I launch the game through FOMM.

The problem comes as soon as the game starts. I can do Doc Mitchell's whole schtick, but my character looks like this:

As long as I don't leave the guy's house everything is fine, but stepping outside I immediately crash after the loading screen. Anybody know what's going on and how to fix this?

HappiestBatman fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 8, 2012

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

HappiestBatman posted:

As long as I don't lave the guy's house everything is fine, but stepping outside I immediately crash after the loading screen. Anybody know what's going on and how to fix this?

I got weird visual glitches a hell of a lot like that and annoying crashes in New Vegas right before my previous videocard farted out some smoke and stopped working completely.

I hope for your sake someone has a nicer answer!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

HappiestBatman posted:

I've got an issue I'm wondering if anyone can help me with. I reinstalled New Vegas earlier today. Right now it's basically completely vanilla. The only things added are the DLC (except Courier's Stash) and NVSE since I planned on doing some modding. I launch the game through FOMM.

The problem comes as soon as the game starts. I can do Doc Mitchell's whole schtick, but my character looks like this:

As long as I don't leave the guy's house everything is fine, but stepping outside I immediately crash after the loading screen. Anybody know what's going on and how to fix this?

Your video card's probably about to die.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

myname_isdoug posted:

I got weird visual glitches a hell of a lot like that and annoying crashes in New Vegas right before my previous videocard farted out some smoke and stopped working completely.

I hope for your sake someone has a nicer answer!

You should probably take this over to the tech support forum, but considering this is your second video card my guess is your power supply is making GBS threads it's bed, which can wreck your other components like this.

HappiestBatman
Apr 16, 2010

The wind rises, tearing dead leaves free. Frogs croak like a cartoon car alarm. Crickets pick up the chorus. A wolf howls. I know how he feels.

\
Great. :argh: Well, thanks anyway, guys.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Okay, this should address all of the issues you guys have brought up.

Ended up changing the function of the Fear the Reaper trait so that it could be taken later in the game without penalty. It still changes your perk rate to 1, but affects your DT and healing mod directly instead of swapping around your HP. Also brought back the unified Project Nevada patch despite what I said earlier. Finally, the Strength mod for the JSawyer compatibility patch has been set to 15, as a compromise between JSawyer's lower weight overall and CCO's increased impact of attributes.

Let me know how everything works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Re-retexturing the .44 because it was kinda meh