Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6s0nyQl6l1qi8w2mo1_500.jpg

Might be a bit hard to see, but at the bottom you can see part of Fuuka's head so she's been added as one of the announcers. Also the guy that posted this is claiming Nanako is another announcer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Also the guy that posted this is claiming Nanako is another announcer.
I hope she just spends the entire fight saying NO FIGHTING until you stop.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I'm still mad about the fact that Arc wanted Dojima in the game with Nanako as his Persona and Atlus wouldn't let them :argh:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Axle_Stukov posted:

Nanako is another announcer.

I think it'd be cool if she exclusively rooted for yu, like how Rise won't cheer for P3 characters if they fight a P4 character.

Cityinthesea posted:

I'm still mad about the fact that Arc wanted Dojima in the game with Nanako as his Persona and Atlus wouldn't let them :argh:

no you see they need to keep it consistent with the storyli ANIME SCOOLGIRL ROBOTS

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
They overcomplicated that idea.

Dojima doesn't need a goddamn Persona. He just waltzes into the arena, slightly drunk, and delivers an old-fashioned classic-style beatdown. Maybe he has a Persona, I dunno, it doesn't matter either way because he doesn't use it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Now you've gone and made me think of Shun Di from Virtua Fighter. Like Dojima would have a "get drunk" move and the more he does it the better he gets.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Axle_Stukov posted:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6s0nyQl6l1qi8w2mo1_500.jpg

Might be a bit hard to see, but at the bottom you can see part of Fuuka's head so she's been added as one of the announcers. Also the guy that posted this is claiming Nanako is another announcer.

I think that might be Nanako in the bottom-right corner?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Just realized, does this game not have a taunt button? If so I might have to join that boycott

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I think by the time the game actually makes it to EU I'll lose interest, unless the arcade board comes in before that in some place like France or some other EU arcade, though preferably UK.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Adachi would fit the game a lot better than Dojima. I'm still hoping he gets in as a DLC character or something along with some of the cast of P1 and P2 (I know it won't happen shutup :()

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Radish posted:

Adachi would fit the game a lot better than Dojima. I'm still hoping he gets in as a DLC character or something along with some of the cast of P1 and P2 (I know it won't happen shutup :()

I wouldn't count anything out as DLC at this point. It will probably evolve if the game does very well... which I can only imagine it doing.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...

Radish posted:

Adachi has the same voice actor as Yu, he even used the same Persona as him. If anyone gets added I bet it will be Junpei(cool a character with a big sword) or the dog(cool a dog). It would probably be someone from P3 and most of the other characters from it are already in alt costumes. I guess Ken would be a cool character because he uses a spear but I don't think anyone cares about Ken.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
I hope we see more of Junpei. I think he's part of Mitsuru's "Shadow Worker" group now, along with Yukari and Aigis

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Junpei's been my bet for a DLC character the whole time, because he has a fighting style that isn't really represented in the game otherwise (Yu uses a katana, but that's the closest we have to someone wielding a big sword without any real idea how). He's also the P3 character I'm most interested in seeing a couple years after the game's events. He's got the sort of directionless, short-sighted attitude that would in most situations lead to kind of a crash when high school ends and he has to start thinking about stuff, but I think he's also got the drive to want to make something of his life. I'm genuinely curious where he'd end up after high school.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Killbot posted:

I hope we see more of Junpei. I think he's part of Mitsuru's "Shadow Worker" group now, along with Yukari and Aigis

As well as a bunch of other silhouettes... One of which looks to me like Nanjou/Nate's. I wonder...

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Cityinthesea posted:

I don't think that was Atlus' fault at all, if I remember right they all realized that idea would be too silly.

Awesome but silly.

darealkooky posted:

I think it'd be cool if she exclusively rooted for yu, like how Rise won't cheer for P3 characters if they fight a P4 character.

ahahaha does she really that's fantastic.

ShooterHeart1CC posted:

Adachi has the same voice actor as Yu

Moot point in Japan, they have different voice actors who sound nothing alike there. If anything it's because of where he is post game that he won't be in it, not that or even his Persona.

I would not put it past them to put him as DLC later though, provided the console version does well. Adachi has a very strong fanbase in Japan that has gotten him included in stuff before; his Japanese voice actor revealed on a drama CD that Adachi was finally put on one of the CDs because fans in Japan kept constantly requesting it, and it's probably the exact reason for why he has a social link in the Golden now.

Basically all his fans over there need to do is beg enough for it and it could end up happening. I'm not holding my breath for it (because once again, it's not like he's exactly able to willy nilly show up right now) but I sure wouldn't be surprised. (In which case Atlus USA can feel rightfully silly for keeping JYB as Yu)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Played four rounds at Kyoto GAME, tried out Elizabeth and Aigis twice each, got dunked pretty hard by a guy playing Yu exclusively. Game handles quite well, too bad I'm horrible at fighters :saddowns:

Having had no knowledge of Elizabeth's moveset at all, I was really just randomly pressing buttons and hoping I won; however I noticed when I grabbed my opponent, I hit him with LAHVAHS (Charm status); are there other statuses that the grab can inflict?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Katsudon posted:

I don't think that was Atlus' fault at all, if I remember right they all realized that idea would be too silly.

Awesome but silly.

ahahaha does she really that's fantastic.

Moot point in Japan, they have different voice actors who sound nothing alike there. If anything it's because of where he is post game that he won't be in it, not that or even his Persona.

I would not put it past them to put him as DLC later though, provided the console version does well. Adachi has a very strong fanbase in Japan that has gotten him included in stuff before; his Japanese voice actor revealed on a drama CD that Adachi was finally put on one of the CDs because fans in Japan kept constantly requesting it, and it's probably the exact reason for why he has a social link in the Golden now.

Basically all his fans over there need to do is beg enough for it and it could end up happening. I'm not holding my breath for it (because once again, it's not like he's exactly able to willy nilly show up right now) but I sure wouldn't be surprised. (In which case Atlus USA can feel rightfully silly for keeping JYB as Yu)

I dunno. All Adachi really has to do to escape is to jump into a TV set and I'm sure prison has at least one. Also doesn't P4A take place in TV World so it's not like he has to worry about Teddie letting him out. It would be nice to have a more evil character involved that wasn't a robot girl.

Of course if I had my wish we'd have Baofu, Ulala, Katsuya, Elly, Lisa, Nanjo, Yukino and a few others as well.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 9, 2012

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Adachi probably won't be in because it would be tough to do without giving away the whole plot of P4 and they don't want to give people less reason to buy P4G by spoiling it all.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Radish posted:

I dunno. All Adachi really has to do to escape is to jump into a TV set and I'm sure prison has at least one. Also doesn't P4A take place in TV World so it's not like he has to worry about Teddie letting him out. It would be nice to have a more evil character involved that wasn't a robot girl.

But the question is would he have any reason to? It was pretty clear to me that he meant it when he said he was going to abide by the rules of the world now and take his punishment. Him escaping seems really out of character for the way he's presented to us after being defeated... it'd kinda ruin it for me to be honest.

...Then again there's the whole unresolved matter of how Labrys got in the tv in the first place........

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

P4A seems like they are messing with the plot a little anyway. It wouldn't be that hard to turn Adachi into some kind of anti-hero or give him some reason to show up in order to resolve something that's not "abiding by the rules of the world" or whatever. I agree if they just say "I was just pretending BITCHES!" it would be lame though.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Seeing as how Adachi has the exact same persona as the protagonist only-he-has-a-gun, and is the worst character, I'm really glad he's not in this game.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rafzakael posted:

Having had no knowledge of Elizabeth's moveset at all, I was really just randomly pressing buttons and hoping I won; however I noticed when I grabbed my opponent, I hit him with LAHVAHS (Charm status); are there other statuses that the grab can inflict?

Her normal and air throws both inflict Fear status. Her R-Action throw causes a different effect depending on how high her SP meter is filled:

0 - 49 SP: Charm
50 - 99 SP: Poison
100 - 149 SP: Fear
150 SP: Confusion

I think her Guard Cancel also behaves like her R-Action? But I don't know if it causes any sort of status effect or not ...

As far as characters go, I think we're pretty much guaranteed to get at least two out of Junpei, Yukari, and Kuromaru. Other than that, who knows. As long as it isn't Ken.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
I just can't see them using Koromaru in this game, at least by himself. I'd imagine they'd just partner him up with another P3 character somehow.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Radish posted:

Actually about that, It's been pointed out in game that just jumping into a TV isn't fool proof, since without a navigator you probably aren't going to find an exit

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Forest Thief Pud posted:

I just can't see them using Koromaru in this game, at least by himself. I'd imagine they'd just partner him up with another P3 character somehow.
Forget another P3 character, unite the two games with a Koromaru and Mysterious Fox tag team.
Make it happen Arc System Works.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
No thank you I don't wanna learn combos for annoying short gimmick characters keep that poo poo in bad games (except for jojo's) thanks

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Pyrovile posted:

Forget another P3 character, unite the two games with a Koromaru and Mysterious Fox tag team.

If this happens, the fox has to have Touch of Death combos.

ALL YO LIFE YIP YIP YAP!

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

Radish posted:

P4A seems like they are messing with the plot a little anyway. It wouldn't be that hard to turn Adachi into some kind of anti-hero or give him some reason to show up in order to resolve something that's not "abiding by the rules of the world" or whatever. I agree if they just say "I was just pretending BITCHES!" it would be lame though.

Huh, I didn't think of that. That could be an interesting approach.

Pyrovile posted:

Listen to this man.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

As far as characters go, I think we're pretty much guaranteed to get at least two out of Junpei, Yukari, and Kuromaru. Other than that, who knows. As long as it isn't Ken.

I still can't see Koromaru being a character all on his own, unless they supersize him for hitbox balance purposes. I can see him being involved with Junpei's attacks somehow though if Junpei is added.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well, there are plenty of ways to make short characters work and not be real gimmicky. Carefully handling hitbox sizes and creatively animating things goes a long way. That being said, I have no idea how tall Kuromaru is actually supposed to be in the first place.

Chin from KOF or Okina from LB2 are pretty good examples of not-stupidly-gimmicky short characters who you don't really need any(?) character specific combos for. Amaterasu also works pretty well as a character all things considered, but you do need character specific stuff on her.

Teaming Kurmaru up with Junpei does seem more likely though, as ArcSys seems to be focusing on "normal" sized and shaped characters in this game. Teddie is the closest to a off shaped character and really he's just a little bit shorter while standing and that's it. I could see them doing a setup like C normals being regular Persona attacks, and D normals being Kuromaru based attacks.

Though that would invoke images of Dog Zappa or perhaps Rera...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That or give him a Carl Clover/Lieselotte/That one dude from JoJo's mechanic, but I don't think they'd go that route considering how much they've talked up this game being beginner friendly.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

shabrys already does that, doesn't she?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah. Her's is out by default, and acts independently for the most part. So it's more like Carl than it is like the other characters in P4U.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

darealkooky posted:

shabrys already does that, doesn't she?

It's not as direct as them but yeah. She can control her persona in the same way and do some silly poo poo.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Radish posted:

Given that this is the same franchise that has mythical deities running around like it's half off day in Bob's discount mythology emporium, messing the plot is rather easy, all said.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

For all you Kanji kids out there, here's some really loving good matches from a Kanji player named Pet.

VS Kaqn (Aigis) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKa8axcmsO4
He seems a little impatient at times in this one, but holds up really well considering. 5C can FC punish Aigis's B+D on reaction, which is awesome.

VS Shadow (Naoto) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnO_oT-uApU
First time since the early days I've seen a Naoto actually play an IK centric game. Really the quintessential grappler matchup here, extreme levels of patience and big damage output once he's in. @10:20, oh god Naoto use your burst

VS Chie & Yu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Plze5H6nQQ
Wow I didn't know he could delay his j.C. And he baits Chie's Hyper Counter using 2A 2A+B :I Tragic gently caress up at the very end though.

VS Naru (Yu) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhaIB3m7WvI
Just more good stuff, stick around for the end of this one.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Looking at Kanji being able to bait Chie's counter by low profiling it with sweep makes me wonder how many other characters have a move that is fast enough and puts them low enough to the ground to be able to pull that off.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Has he got armour on any of his moves?

ninja edit: also are there variable health bars in this game or are all characters the same in terms of HP?

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

uncleKitchener posted:

Has he got armour on any of his moves?

ninja edit: also are there variable health bars in this game or are all characters the same in terms of HP?

Characters have different HP values.

• Locked thread