Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

el gaviero posted:

I find it really strange that clubs don't push back on bad designs. Surely the designer comes up with a few different options and the club signs off on one. How are all these clubs ending up with barbed wire kits? How are Newcastle supporters supposed to trust that the club can manage securing a CL spot when they can't even handle their home shirt design? How much revenue typically comes from kit sales??

$$$$$$$

want to earn more money for your shirt rights? Give up some of the creative control.

or be with a company like Puma where this year's templates look baaaaaad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el gaviero
Oct 29, 2011

harperdc posted:

$$$$$$$

want to earn more money for your shirt rights? Give up some of the creative control.

or be with a company like Puma where this year's templates look baaaaaad.

I just don't understand how anyone is going to make any money from ugly shirts.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Apologies if this has been posted...

Esporte Club Vitoria, a 2nd division team in Brazil, is asking fans to donate blood.

Their typical home shirt is the one on the far right. If fans don't donate enough blood, some of the stripes will remain white.

P. awesome idea, IMO

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I don't think this has been posted yet, Zenit's next home shirt:

I dig it.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

trem_two posted:

I dig it.

Sensible and the sponsor's logo is tasteful.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I dig it.

That's pretty sweet.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

NattyBo posted:

Esporte Club Vitoria, a 2nd division team in Brazil, is asking fans to donate blood.

Their typical home shirt is the one on the far right. If fans don't donate enough blood, some of the stripes will remain white.

P. awesome idea, IMO

That is fantastic.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Which kit are the fans going to be able to buy though I wonder

Aromatic Stretch
Nov 4, 2009
They should remove a single spike from the Newcastle strip with each match won in the Europa league.

zegadeth
May 14, 2006
Double life!!
New werder bremen home kit,away kit is tasty too
http://www.werder-fanshop.de/de/113/1211/Werder-Bremen-Trikot-Away-Kids-201213

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Bayerns new third kit for the CL

:gonk:

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

trem_two posted:

Similar to Urawa's away kit:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Bayerns new third kit for the CL

:gonk:

Yayyyyy fireworks!! :downs:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Aw, I like the Bayern kit. Also the Bremen one. Basically, anything but that gingham wreck United got.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

T. Mascis posted:

Yayyyyy fireworks!! :downs:

Should be the pointing downwards and in blue like tears imo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I know they had them on the Champions kits they made available for purchase, but after looking at the website, it does not look like next years regular uniforms have the star on them.

Although that's possibly because they were launched before the CL Final.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

trem_two posted:

I dig it.
this is sexy as hell

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008

NattyBo posted:

P. awesome idea, IMO

this is brilliant

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Should be the pointing downwards and in blue like tears imo

You really had a horrible nightmare season last year, drat.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Decent enough.

That guy pretending to hold hands with VdV has surely thrown his career away for this, however.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Just had this pop up on my 101GG feed on Facebook, looks decent.

Have a moaned enough about no Albion away kti yet?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Looks pretty good. All-white is traditionally our European competition strip, but home and away both look appropriately Spursy. Love that smirk on vdV's face.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

His eyes closed make it extra creepy :stare:

Under Armour really delivered some nice kits tho. I look forward to buying them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter's Ultras have written an angry letter to the club about the color of their away shirt (rightly so)

quote:

"Calciatori con i numeri del Lotto sulla schiena, partite giocate di venerdì o a mezzogiorno.... Abbiamo accettato tutto per i nostri colori, il nero e l’azzurro...la seconda maglia dell’F.C. Internazionale per la stagione 2012/2013 sarà intergralmente rossa. Un vero e proprio pugno in un occhio ed un altro allo stomaco da lasciare senza fiato".

quote:

"Players with lotto numbers on their back (they're talking about guys playing in numbers like 89, 57, etc), games played on Friday or at noon....we've accepted everything for our colors, the black and the blue...the away shirt of FC Internazionale for the 2012/2013 is essentially red. A punch in the eye and another in the stomach to knock the wind out of you.

There's more and they are really pissed about it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

How did the club not see this coming?

Who can be so stupid? Next they will give Man U a sky blue kit and have Barca wear white :confused:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Drogadon posted:

How did the club not see this coming?

Who can be so stupid? Next they will give Man U a sky blue kit and have Barca wear white :confused:

Money

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Well yeah but of all places, to do it in Italy where a reaction from Ultras was not only inevitable but potentially damaging to the revenue stream is remarkably stupid.

Inter Ultras could just go and do what Lazio Irriducibili did and trademark their ultra logos and make a lot of money selling "ultra" gear while boycotting official club shirts.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Inter's Ultras have written an angry letter to the club about the color of their away shirt (rightly so)
There's more and they are really pissed about it.

If only Barca fans were this upset about the poo poo Nike put them through
(without all that nasty violence of course)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

If only Barca fans were this upset about the poo poo Nike put them through
(without all that nasty violence of course)

There hasn't been any violence; all they've done is tell every Inter fan to not buy it and to not wear it at the stadium. There were no threats.

Drogadon posted:

Well yeah but of all places, to do it in Italy where a reaction from Ultras was not only inevitable but potentially damaging to the revenue stream is remarkably stupid.

Inter Ultras could just go and do what Lazio Irriducibili did and trademark their ultra logos and make a lot of money selling "ultra" gear while boycotting official club shirts.

They really should. If Milan put out a blue kit I'd be absolutely livid.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Some guy that claims to work for Adidas says they will be Arsenals kit supplier from the 2013/2014 season.

https://twitter.com/DavidGubala/status/222754779183591424

WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006
Has this been posted?
New Hamburger SV away 125th anniversary badge.
actually quite cool for a club that sucks ;)

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

WHAT A BREAKFAST posted:

Has this been posted?

I really like the colour but unfortunately it is the least memorable kit template in history.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

WHAT A BREAKFAST posted:

Has this been posted?

that's great, really like that.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.

euroboy posted:

Some guy that claims to work for Adidas says they will be Arsenals kit supplier from the 2013/2014 season.

https://twitter.com/DavidGubala/status/222754779183591424
Eventually, everyone in the world will have the same exact Adidas kit.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

AHHH THE FRENCH posted:

Eventually, everyone in the world will have the same exact Adidas kit.

It's only the mid table shite like us that gets templated, I imagine you'll get something nice, can't imagine an Arsenal kit with the three stripes down the sleeves for some reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thirteenth Step posted:

It's only the mid table shite like us that gets templated, I imagine you'll get something nice, can't imagine an Arsenal kit with the three stripes down the sleeves for some reason

Reminder that our template has spikes on the strips

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Heh, suckers with your templates, We Come Not To Play. Seriously though I can't wait to see Liverpool run out in that new home kit it's going to look so good

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

T. Mascis posted:

Heh, suckers with your templates, We Come Not To Play. Seriously though I can't wait to see Liverpool run out in that new home kit it's going to look so good

can't wait for the QPR game and the sweet tribal tat sleeves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted: