Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

HateTheInternet posted:

All right buddy this ain't Doug Loves Other Podcasts

I'm still slowly catching up from the very beginning and I'm just hitting the run of rental car/single guest in a hotel room episodes and oh my god are they dull. The whole episode is always a recap of their shows from previous nights and then a lengthy game of Build-a-Title. I thought the in-studio no live audience episodes were a little difficult to get through, but these are terrible in spite of the extra content. Why did he start doing them? Do people actually like them?

More recently, there's been fewer rental car eps, and they've been better because they've featured the Len Maltin game played during their standup acts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
Last night's NYC taping may the funniest episode of the year. I was there in the 4th row which may have heightened the experience a bit but I don't recall laughing out loud to this podcast so many times in an episode. It's so good that I might pay the $2 to buy it despite being there. The episode in may was a disappointment compared to this one. I can't wait to go again in August.

My other favorite episode of the year so far was the one with Pete Holmes, TJ Miller and Graham Ellwood.

Kymera fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 4, 2012

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

Sonictic posted:

Confirming Kymera's assessment. It was a good time. Nikki Glaser and the last guest, Dave Hill, were a bit flat but Jason and Micheal more then made up for it. I'd call the Len Maltin game a wash though as Micheal failed to win it for me after I made such an excellent name tag for him.

So who is Olivia Fox, TREVOR.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

reflir posted:

So who is Olivia Fox, TREVOR.

She's a shithead, you don't want to know.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
I'll never understand why people waste their shitheads on old bosses, ex-girlfriends, inside jokes, and other stupid poo poo that means nothing to anyone else listening. Do you just want to hear Doug say their name? I don't get it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I haven't reached the end of the TBI free episode yet, but man Vic Garcia is annoying and just does not fit the show at all.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Beelzebozo posted:

I'll never understand why people waste their shitheads on old bosses, ex-girlfriends, inside jokes, and other stupid poo poo that means nothing to anyone else listening. Do you just want to hear Doug say their name? I don't get it.
If one of you get the chance to do it some day -- because I'm not going to get out to LA or one of the other shows anytime soon -- please have Doug say this, because I think it would be great:

"Everybody involved in the Boondock Saints except Willem Dafoe is a shithead."

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Doctor Candiru posted:

If one of you get the chance to do it some day -- because I'm not going to get out to LA or one of the other shows anytime soon -- please have Doug say this, because I think it would be great:

"Everybody involved in the Boondock Saints except Willem Dafoe is a shithead."

Yes. You see. That is what you write for your shithead instead of your stupid boss nobody knows or gives a runny crap about. Bravo, sir. :golfclap:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
This was a weird thing to get annoyed about, but re: the latest episode, of course Easy A Few Good Men should work. What strange community did Doug grow up in where he only accepts the movie being pronunced 'Uh Few Good Men'? That's just loving weird.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

qbert posted:

This was a weird thing to get annoyed about, but re: the latest episode, of course Easy A Few Good Men should work. What strange community did Doug grow up in where he only accepts the movie being pronunced 'Uh Few Good Men'? That's just loving weird.

"AY Few Good Men" is goofy. It's "Easy AY" because it refers to the letter A. When using the indefinite article "A" you only say "AY" for specific emphasis (or because you think it makes you sound classy). Like if someone just called it "The Few Good Men" you might correct them by saying "AY Few Good Men".

I thought of "Dog Day Afternoo-nightmare" (New Nightmare) but I wonder if he'd deny it because it's technically "Wes Craven's New Nightmare".

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Popelmon posted:

She's a shithead, you don't want to know.

If I didn't want to know, why would I ask? Additionally, why would you know better what I want than I do? Guess what, I've just found something to write on the back of my sign motherfucker.

It's POPELMON

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

reflir posted:

If I didn't want to know, why would I ask? Additionally, why would you know better what I want than I do? Guess what, I've just found something to write on the back of my sign motherfucker.

It's POPELMON

Hey reflir man, do you know if Doug is ever coming our way?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

FitFortDanga posted:

"AY Few Good Men" is goofy. It's "Easy AY" because it refers to the letter A. When using the indefinite article "A" you only say "AY" for specific emphasis (or because you think it makes you sound classy). Like if someone just called it "The Few Good Men" you might correct them by saying "AY Few Good Men".
That is not how I learned to speak English, sir. I bid you AY good day.

*puts on monocle, walks off.*

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Davincie posted:

I haven't reached the end of the TBI free episode yet, but man Vic Garcia is annoying and just does not fit the show at all.

Listened to the Mantzoukas/MIB ep and he references Vic Garcia being unliked repeatedly... how bad was it? Jeez.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Once I realized it was James Adomian I thought it was hilarious

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Davincie posted:

Hey reflir man, do you know if Doug is ever coming our way?

Now that weed is legal in California I highly doubt it.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Once I realized it was James Adomian I thought it was hilarious
It played out okay in the room, but that room was a sweatbox full of drunk, high people who had been awake for two days straight. I don't think shows taped at the DCM will play very well outside of the actual event. The sheer insanity of it is hard to convey if you've never been.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I read an article on the Entertainment Weekly website about Doug Benson's Movie Interruptions and similar things like Rifftrax. He mentions that his favourite joke he heard during an interruption was while watching Road House Patrick Swayze's character is wearing a karate shirt tucked into jeans and Jonah Ray(I think) said "Karate casual". I think Doug mentioned that on a DLM once and it always kills me just thinking about it. I want to go to a Movie Interruption so badly(even though it irks me every time he says he's doing it with a movie he hasn't seen).

Sonictic
Sep 11, 2003

marquise bossyfangs mcsekret
Hey now I can call whomever I want a shithead. It's my prize after all. It was a friend of mine in the audience who I knew would appreciate it anyway.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I know if I ever get a chance to pick a shithead, it will be Bob Vander Plaats. Because he is The King Shithead.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

I think that movie interruption thing is so lame. It's a knock off of MSTK3, plus he does movies he hasn't even seen like The Grey. All the reviews said The Grey was a very sad, contemplative film but Benson is such a lazy comic he'll make fun of it because of the obvious and easy misconception that Liam Neeson plus wolves means a five star flop.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sonictic posted:

Oh you bet. I came in with a blank sign and planned to make it for whoever I liked the best. I secretly hoped the whole time MIB would be there and then it happened. He details it during the show so you can hear about it when it plops. Frankly I am inordinately pleased that I pulled it off.

Hahaha, I just heard the bit describing your "piece of poo poo cardboard".

Nice!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Yoshifan823 posted:

I know if I ever get a chance to pick a shithead, it will be Bob Vander Plaats. Because he is The King Shithead.

This is true, but considering Doug has come to Iowa once in the last two years, I think, this is unlikely to get much opportunity or traction. :(

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Golbez posted:

This is true, but considering Doug has come to Iowa once in the last two years, I think, this is unlikely to get much opportunity or traction. :(

I'm moving to Chicago soon, and I know he goes there more often. It will be like a little prize for those brave souls who journeyed from the harsh land in the middle of the country.

(actually Iowa's p cool)

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I'm not a big fan of Michael Ian Black's schtick but it was a good episode. Isn't he considered a huge rear end in a top hat by other comedians?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I've heard that on some podcast, and they were talking about how thats what has kept his acting career back.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think this week's DLM lineup actually made me like the podcast as a whole a little less. And I haven't even listened to it, nor do I think I want to.

Has anyone listened to it? Is it as awful as the lineup suggests?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think this week's DLM lineup actually made me like the podcast as a whole a little less. And I haven't even listened to it, nor do I think I want to.

That was my exact thought, but it's actually a pretty great epi. You should listen to it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I thought it was pretty funny, Redban even has a few good moments.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

Redban even has a few good moments.

That's the most amazing part, for me, after years of going :ughh: as I listened to him gently caress up all of Rogan's podcasts.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
It's getting difficult to get through Graham Elwood episodes. I know he tours with Doug, but does he really have to be on so often?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Hooray, Brian Posehn, Hot Saucerman and Kulap Vilaysack on this week's DLM. Totally makes up for last week's lineup.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
But it's way too short! Hot Saucerman's Olivia Munn joke was amazing though.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
Could someone tell me what the hell the words are in the theme song when it says:

....sticky seats, with *something something* popcorn kernels in his teeth...

It's been bugging the hell out of me and I've pretty much listened to every episode ever (so I've heard the song a million times). I eventually figured out the "eyes of gold" line in the closing song though, that was also driving me nuts.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Capt. Supermarket posted:

Could someone tell me what the hell the words are in the theme song when it says:

....sticky seats, with *something something* popcorn kernels in his teeth...

It's been bugging the hell out of me and I've pretty much listened to every episode ever (so I've heard the song a million times). I eventually figured out the "eyes of gold" line in the closing song though, that was also driving me nuts.

"Fifteen ads"

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I always thought it was "fifty ads and".

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Hard 'n' Phirm posted:

Doug hates
Candy wrappers
Screaming babies
Sticky seats with
Fifteen ads
And popcorn kernels in his teeth
There’s still not one that he won't see
’Cause Doug loves movies

Now it’s time for Doug to watch another talkie
Eyes of gold, his viewing prowess makes him cocky
There’s no room in his heart for you
’Cause Doug loves movies

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
gently caress the haters, Graham and Samm are my fav guests.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Are older episodes that are not listed in seasons 1-3 available anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

icicle bob posted:

gently caress the haters, Graham and Samm are my fav guests.

Me too, and I can tell you why. They are good at the games. Or, at the very least, they care/try. If guests aren't going to be as funny together as Pete Holmes and TJ Miller, in which case I don't mind skipping the games, then I want them to try. When you get guests who aren't that amusing and also have no idea what's going on in the games it's just kinda boring for me.

• Locked thread