Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Babe Magnet posted:

Yo homeboy, did you save those 'Russes for me? I asked at the beginning of the month, but I guess you missed it. Or I missed the reply.

Yeah man, I've got them. sa.fixer at gmail.

Fakeedit: gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CyberLord XP posted:

But does anything actually have it yet? I think people are more wondering why put them in the rulebook if nothing can currently use it.

EDIT: I'm guessing the story was from Cosmic Muffet.

Yea, I can totally see this as a hams trying to get something changed they don't like just by force of whine.

Why it is in the BRB and not in any codex is probably because we'll be seeing most likely a Dark Angel and a Chaos Marine codex out before the end of the year, and they will almost certainly have the flakk upgrade.

Though will it just be a straight up upgrade, like "missile launcher +10 points per model, each model equipped with a missile launcher made have flakk missiles at +10 points each". Though to stop people from taking 15 devs or havocs or what have you all with flakk missiles, which would be a death of any flyers, I wonder if it will be limited like one pers squad, OR even the flakk upgrade makes them skyfire all the time, so you need 6s to hit non-flyers.

The only other hammy thing I've finding, outside of "my assault super kill death squad cannot assault without getting shot anymore!" is people saying that Gunslinger is a specific rule that models have, not a general rule, even, though clearly it says any model with 2 pistols can shoot both pistols. Though outside of space wolves and I think blood angels, can anyone else take advantage of this?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

twistedmentat posted:

The only other hammy thing I've finding, outside of "my assault super kill death squad cannot assault without getting shot anymore!" is people saying that Gunslinger is a specific rule that models have, not a general rule, even, though clearly it says any model with 2 pistols can shoot both pistols. Though outside of space wolves and I think blood angels, can anyone else take advantage of this?

Seraphim :toot:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
You can give IG comissars and sergeants 2 plasma pistols if you want.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Panzeh posted:

You can give IG comissars and sergeants 2 plasma pistols if you want.

But can you execute 2 people simultaneously?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

IIIII'lllll allow it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I already have a looted Russ with a removable turret. What bits would be best to make a manticore turret for it?

I was fretting over my orks being ungood now but SnikMarbo has raised my spirits.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

numerrik posted:

Any suggestions for next month when the escalation hits 750?

Some extra bodies in the retributor squad to start with. Extra rending bolters never hurt anyone (well, you know what I mean..) and you could use some bodies in front of the big guns to act as meat shields and provide a martyr point.

A transport for the second battle sister squad, upgraded weapons (meltas and multimeltas for everyone?) and an exorcist tank. 250 should be more than enough I think?

EDIT:

Seraphim actually got a lot better in this edition too. They still suck at assaulting things, being worse than the already mediocre assault marines, but the dual handflamers rerolling wounds will catch people by surprise. The new shooting and wound allocation makes them very nasty :( Deepstrikes being less risky in 6th will help them DS in a favorable position and torrent things to death.

Phyresis posted:

confirming that Mephiston still sucks

Oh no you didn't!

cat with hands fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 10, 2012

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CyberLord XP posted:

But does anything actually have it yet?

Nope.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
Can anybody in the DC Metro area recommend a good FLGS for me?

There are two Hobby Works and a GW store within 10 miles of me. Is it best to play/buy at a GW store or a FLGS or is that a matter of personal preference?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Also DA veterans can take a bolt pistil and plasma pistol.

Only 35 points each!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Got a question guys as 40k still holds a soft spot in my heart, are Sisters of Battle any good with their new codex? I love me some fire.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

pr0digal posted:

There are two Hobby Works and a GW store within 10 miles of me. Is it best to play/buy at a GW store or a FLGS or is that a matter of personal preference?

Interested in this answer as well. Doubly so if it's metro-accessible at all.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Also DA veterans can take a bolt pistil and plasma pistol.

Only 35 points each!

And vanguards. 10 of those in a drop pod with dual melta pistols. Drop, dismount, kill 10 terminators in one shooting phase.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fix posted:

Yeah man, I've got them. sa.fixer at gmail.

Fakeedit: gently caress.

Thanks. I agreed on 60 bucks, right? 40 for both like in the listing and then 20 for holding them.

I'll shoot you the money when I get home tonight.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

pr0digal posted:

I went to GW Springfield Plaza until it closed last month. I'll check out the new location when it opens.

The Bowie bunker is ok too.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
What do you think of this 1850 point list? You think I can beat lolworld Eldar with this?

code:
Primary Detachment - Imperial Guard

HQ

Company Command Squad (4 x meltagun, Officer of the Fleet) - 175 points
 -dedicated transport: Chimera (hull flamer, multi-laser)

Troops

Veteran Squad (3 x meltagun) - 155 points

Fast Attack

Vendetta Gunship - 130 points

Heavy Support

Hydra Flak Tank - 75 points

Manticore Rocket Launcher - 160 points

Vulture Gunship (twin-linked Punisher Gatling cannon) - 155 points

Allied Detachment - Orks

HQ

Big Mek (power klaw, kustom force field) - 110 points

Troops

Ork Boyz (29 x Boyz, 3 x big shoota, Nob w/ power klaw + bosspole) - 235 points

Fast Attack

Dakkajet (3 x supa shoota, Fighta Ace) - 130 points

total: 1845 points
poo poo, I forgot to make points for the Astropath. I'll probably take the klaw off of the mek.

e: I forgot Marbo :negative:

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 10, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
We should totally do a goon game of apocalypse one weekend in DC

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Babe Magnet posted:

Thanks. I agreed on 60 bucks, right? 40 for both like in the listing and then 20 for holding them.

I'll shoot you the money when I get home tonight.

email me. My paypal is different.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Can do once I get back to my PC.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

We should totally do a goon game of apocalypse one weekend in DC

I'd come even without a playable army, just for the experience

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Bowie Battle Bunker is the closest thing I can think of to a decent 40K store in the DC area. Actually if you guys want there's a NOVA style tournament on Saturday that I'll help run. I go there quite frequently.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Dominion posted:

Interested in this answer as well. Doubly so if it's metro-accessible at all.

In using the store finder I found a place called Dream Wizards which is close to the White Flint station and they've got WH40K stuff every Wednesday night

Depending on my schedule this weekend I might drop by the Bowie Battle Bunker on Saturday to watch the tourney and browse the store; when is it?. Hell might even bring my camera and offer my services as a freelancer to the store hah

*edit* oh boy PG County!

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 10, 2012

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important

WhiteOutMouse posted:

edit:
Rethinking the halberd vs hammer thought, I pobably won't face another all terminator list and halberds should still be good with I6.

I thought halberds got changed so that they're not I6 anymore and just use axe rules.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Not enough pictures in here!

Orange on the base is a whole lot brighter in the photo but still, one down two to go for this month's oath.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Phyresis posted:

What do you think of this 1850 point list? You think I can beat lolworld Eldar with this?

code:
Primary Detachment - Imperial Guard

HQ

Company Command Squad (4 x meltagun, Officer of the Fleet) - 175 points

Troops

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Hydra Flak Tank - 75 points

Manticore Rocket Launcher - 160 points

Vulture Gunship (twin-linked Punisher Gatling cannon) - 155 points

Allied Detachment - Orks

HQ

Big Mek (power klaw, kustom force field) - 110 points

Troops

Fast Attack

Dakkajet (3 x supa shoota, Fighta Ace) - 130 points

total: 1845 points
poo poo, I forgot to make points for the Astropath. I'll probably take the klaw off of the mek.

e: I forgot Marbo :negative:
Plasma got a real shot in the arm with the changes to rapid fire and shooting wound allocation. Definitely try to add some - I used all plasma instead of melta in my first 6e game and it was very effective. Getting within 12" is a lot harder and more dangerous these days, melta is more suicidal than ever. And it looks like you have a ton of anti-air, the Hydra is being wasted.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I changed it, it has Marbo, 1 Vendetta, and 2 Vultures now. No Hydra. I like Vultures better because they have Strafing Run and Vector Dancer, two very nice abilities.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Has anybody had to deal with Zuzzy customer service before? I know a couple people bought their mats here but it's been 6 weeks now and I haven't seen anything or had them reply to my message.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

CrotchPheasant posted:

I thought halberds got changed so that they're not I6 anymore and just use axe rules.

A Nemesis Force halberd is a specific weapon and follows the rules for "unusual force weapons". It retains all its special rules and become AP3.

A model with a power weapon that looks like a halberd, however, has a power axe.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

CrotchPheasant posted:

Well aparently the FAQ writers thought differently as GKs generic forceweapons all got to keep their special bonuses while every other codex had their unique power weapons changed to use the new rulebook stats.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

panascope posted:

Has anybody had to deal with Zuzzy customer service before? I know a couple people bought their mats here but it's been 6 weeks now and I haven't seen anything or had them reply to my message.

They're gonna take 2 weeks to answer your email, and when they do it'll be "sorry,lol, we're busy, well send you free stuff".

The free stuff will be extra 4x6 inch sample swatches of their mats, which are mostly useless.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Fuegan posted:

Not enough pictures in here!

Orange on the base is a whole lot brighter in the photo but still, one down two to go for this month's oath.

What did you base that with? It looks fantastic.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

cat with hands posted:

Well aparently the FAQ writers thought differently as GKs generic forceweapons all got to keep their special bonuses while every other codex had their unique power weapons changed to use the new rulebook stats.

No, unusual power weapons are a thing too. They retain their rules and become AP3. The FAQ irons out specifics on a few of these unique weapons, manreaper counting as a power axe in addition to its other rules for example. But the rule of thumb is that they stay the same but become AP3.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Dominion posted:

The FAQ specifies that he only gets to roll for 2 powers in the BRB, despite having 3 normally. He's a level 3 psyker though.

Sup just moving to DC buddy. :respek:

Well not DC to be technical...Silver Spring actually (and I moved here a year ago but :ssh:)

But I can literally walk into DC from work so I always say DC Metro area

And thanks for the tip SRM! I shot em an e-mail for the price list; I still have no idea what I'm going to do for the paint scheme on the 'nids yet though

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 10, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

panascope posted:

It took mine about 2 months to get here. They have a huge backlog.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It took mine about 2 months to get here. They have a huge backlog.

Is that pre-NOVA tourney at Bowie 10 bucks as well for those of us who just want to observe and learn?

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

So glad TCM is back.

A relic blade is an unusual power weapon, right? So S:6, I:user, AP:3?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pr0digal posted:

Is that pre-NOVA tourney at Bowie 10 bucks as well for those of us who just want to observe and learn?

Nope. If you're not playing then you wouldn't pay. That'd be like charging customers for walking into the store (don't give GW any ideas). I'll also be hanging around smiling and chatting everyone up so feel free to talk to me. I'll be the huge guy (I'm 6'9") in a gray polo.

I'll confirm the price tomorrow. $10 is what I recall previous tournaments being. I'm not running it (Bowie has their own club who handles that kind of thing, the $10 is for prize support), but since it's NOVA related I want to be there to talk about the event and get an idea of what problems might come up.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Prefect Six posted:

So glad TCM is back.

A relic blade is an unusual power weapon, right? So S:6, I:user, AP:3?

Well, S+2, but yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

So a good week without power has left me a shell of a human and out of touch with anything 40k related. Quick browsing and it seems shooting Orks are superseding the old style of slugga boyz and regular nob spam. I see bikers are making a come back again now they are true T5, but I don't see the appeal for meganobz. They can shrug off regualr power weapons, but anything S8+ still kills them like they did in 5th. The only way to get FnP on them is a named Doc that isn't that great in my eyes because they are still T4. Even with FnP, you're only getting saves to PW or plasmas, fists and any large template still zap them away.

• Locked thread