Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

McFunkerson posted:

Got myself a new desk, improved my cable management a bit and I am now quite happy with my home office set up :)

Is the apple the only light in your room besides the monitors and iPad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

McFunkerson posted:

Got myself a new desk, improved my cable management a bit and I am now quite happy with my home office set up :)

What kind of computer you got there?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So do you like work for Apple from your home

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Well I suppose I ought to get a massive light in the shape of the android logo, not to mention an LG logo because boy, I do love my LG TV and surround sound system!

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

McFunkerson posted:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I wonder how many HP logos I can get in one shot.

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

McFunkerson posted:

haha wow that's quite the apple shrine..

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

So, how's your tan coming out so far?

e: I missed the two Steve Jobs framed Time magazine covers. Holy poo poo.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 9, 2012

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

McFunkerson posted:

This is either a really elaborate troll or you are the biggest loving loser I have ever seen.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So this is the modern equivalent of frat boys with neon Budweiser signs in their rooms. Hmph.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

McFunkerson posted:

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 18, 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Only on SA are anime rooms tolerated and appreciated but Apple fanboys are considered the scum of society :v:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Bottom Liner posted:

Only on SA are anime rooms tolerated and appreciated but Apple fanboys are considered the scum of society :v:

Making your room a shrine to some form of content seems a bit more rational than making it into a shrine for the content delivery system though.
But then people have similar shrines for their chosen car manufacturer, gun maker or snowboard company, so who really cares. Better than making your home into a temple for Patrick Bateman.
But the picture would have been a lot better if under all the Apple paraphernalia some crappy old Acer laptop and a Walmart PC was rotting away.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Apple sign isn't a big deal considering it's a unique light. I sort of like it and I am not an Apple guy. I've had neon beer signs before. And even the "Pro" sign can just be a funny piece of decor. But the framed Time magazines is a little weird.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Decius posted:

Making your room a shrine to some form of content seems a bit more rational than making it into a shrine for the content delivery system though.

Pretty much. I don't see many rooms decorated with the name of a cheap DVR manufacturer, yet people probably spend a lot of their time watching TV

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Niwrad posted:

The Apple sign isn't a big deal considering it's a unique light. I sort of like it and I am not an Apple guy. I've had neon beer signs before. And even the "Pro" sign can just be a funny piece of decor. But the framed Time magazines is a little weird.

What else is he going to masturbate to?

:colbert:

Chopper
Feb 13, 2006

It's a little small.... but it does what I need! The desk probably isn't designed to hold a 27" & 20" monitor, MacBook, Mac Mini, Router and two hard drives but it seems to be coping so far.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

McFunkerson posted:

What made you think this was a good idea?

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

I love the curtains and blinds. Maybe he lives with his grandma.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

I love the curtains and blinds. Maybe he lives with his grandma.

How do those blinds make you think grandma at all?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Ramadu posted:

How do those blinds make you think grandma at all?

It's me I'm the 20 something guy who picked out and installed window valences for my Apple Mac Genuis office.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

McFunkerson posted:

27" iMac with a second 27" Apple Display

There was much sarcasm going over your head. I use a Mac too, but jesus christ...

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
If I managed to steal one of those big glowing logos from the front of an Apple store I'd be drat proud of it too. Haters gonna hate.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

NOTinuyasha posted:

If I managed to steal one of those big glowing logos from the front of an Apple store I'd be drat proud of it too. Haters gonna hate.

Honestly it'd probably look a ton better if it weren't right above the monitors. To much light coming from one area. Put it off on a side wall.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

glompix posted:

Honestly it'd probably look a ton better if it weren't right above the monitors. To much light coming from one area. Put it off on a side wall.

Put it over the framed Steve Jobs stuff where the larger apple logo piece of aluminum is and put that over the monitors. Probably would look better. Or put it in the window so people know you like apple THAT much.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

McFunkerson posted:

I had a second one that I sold... I joked it would look good over my garage!

The house is a rental, so the window dressing wasn't chosen by us for those of you truly interested.

I just noticed that the picture was from right after I got the desk. The little white plastic piece with the Apple Logo isn't there any longer. It was sitting on my old desk and I placed it there so it would be out of the way. Hopefully 1 less apple logo in my office makes me less of a loser.

I think we're all just blown away by how many apples you have.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
Is a iMac even considered a "Pro"? Maybe if the money you saved for a giant glowing signs was funneled into buying a better computer you wouldn't need the sign. The only thing missing is candles and a prayer mat.

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"

McFunkerson posted:

Troll or not, new wallpaper.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

raggedphoto posted:

Is a iMac even considered a "Pro"? Maybe if the money you saved for a giant glowing signs was funneled into buying a better computer you wouldn't need the sign. The only thing missing is candles and a prayer mat.

The "Pro" could be acerbic commentary on Apple's total unwillingness to actually build a professional desktop machine nowadays, but given the other responses, I doubt it.

johnnyXcrane
Aug 16, 2011
It's hilarious how this pic becomes an nerdrage here, but the millions of creepy pedophile anime rooms are okay.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

johnnyXcrane posted:

It's hilarious how this pic becomes an nerdrage here, but the millions of creepy pedophile anime rooms are okay.

No they aren't.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

johnnyXcrane posted:

Those have never been ok

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

McFunkerson posted:

Adding to the hilarity, the picture was taken with an Iphone 4s

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

McFunkerson posted:

You should go all out and paint the walls white to match all the display stuff you stole from the local Apple store.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I still can't think of a practical reason for having a gigantic white light of any shape, let alone an apple logo right above your monitors.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not an Apple guy but I still think the light is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Chopper posted:

It's a little small.... but it does what I need! The desk probably isn't designed to hold a 27" & 20" monitor, MacBook, Mac Mini, Router and two hard drives but it seems to be coping so far.

I love the monitor layout you've got going on here with the 27 and 20, it looks really clean. What kind are they?