Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

He sounds super super Californian, wow

The post-UFC shows with Dave live in person are the best, especially when it's like 3am and they don't know where they are and if there is an angry fighter in the next room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I went to listen to it because you said this and I got like fifteen minutes of his cat's life story right off.

I don't think you realize I was talking about the December 2007 show.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

HulkaMatt posted:

Indeed, SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT was the pinnacle of B&V, it's been in all downhill from there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

Indeed, SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT was the pinnacle of B&V, it's been in all downhill from there.

Gold Boat.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Gold Boat is at an advantage because it was on a free show, and I'd imagine it got them quite a few signups.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CVagts posted:

Gold Boat is at an advantage because it was on a free show, and I'd imagine it got them quite a few signups.

I still love that Lagana (or was it Kelly?) actually referenced that on TV.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Then apparently I swerved myself because I went and listened to the most recent one thinking you were talking about that one.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Gaz-L posted:

I still love that Lagana (or was it Kelly?) actually referenced that on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgK5GfoW1Dc

Aleksander
Jun 22, 2012

Isn't that Rich?

MassRayPer posted:

I knew I hated her segments for a reason.

That fact and she's loving intolerably annoying. Cute if she's your grandma, stupid and annoying otherwise.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
Does anyone know how to find that Gold Boat episode in the archives?

Edit: Found it: March 10, 2010
Subscriber link: http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/031010bvshow.mp3

Euthyphro fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 7, 2012

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Euthyphro posted:

Does anyone know how to find that Gold Boat episode in the archives?

Edit: Found it: March 10, 2010
Subscriber link: http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/031010bvshow.mp3

It took them two years after this for Russo to be gone and he had to leave of his own volition. That's scary.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
I actually remember exactly what spot I was at in the car while listening to Gold Boat, because I almost drove off the Garden State Parkway.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Now that TNA's good, has he got that boat yet?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

CaptainYesterday posted:

Now that TNA's good, has he got that boat yet?

Is the wrestling business doing as well as it was in the 90s?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

HulkaMatt posted:

Is the wrestling business doing as well as it was in the 90s?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I listened to this episode when going back through the archives a while ago and immediately had to listen to the next one just because I knew the Gold Boat songs would come. The Monday Night Massacre had a load of great B&V stuff, like when they said they weren't going to recap Impact fully and a Board revolt forced them back after less than a week.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

quote:

Hogewood's Gold Boat

Man do I miss Hogewood.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Holy gently caress I forgot how long this rant was, I think Bryan goes for about 30 minutes steadily getting angrier and angrier. If you've never heard this rant, dear god you need to hear it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I just realized Dave being in Vegas means we won't hear if his friends came over for the big fight or stayed home to watch streams again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I just realized Dave being in Vegas means we won't hear if his friends came over for the big fight or stayed home to watch streams again.

They can have his wife on tomorrow.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Can someone post the gold boat rant since it is two years old and was a free show or is that :filez:

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

Can someone post the gold boat rant since it is two years old and was a free show or is that :filez:

I do have a link to a website where pretty much every free show they've ever done is uploaded to, but I'll wait for a mod to give it the all-clear first.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

No.

I used to have it on YT but Bryan took it down and I had to go to COPYRIGHT SCHOOL.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Todd is a lot better on the board than he is in audio form. I wonder how he manages to shut off the good portion of his brain when he skypes with Bryan?

Aleksander
Jun 22, 2012

Isn't that Rich?

MassRayPer posted:

Todd is a lot better on the board than he is in audio form. I wonder how he manages to shut off the good portion of his brain when he skypes with Bryan?

It's quite amazing, really. He's just dull and annoying on the show and yet, on the board, he's generally funny and inputs relevant, good stuff.

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.
I stop by here once again to promote the weekly LIVE podcast I produce. TrashCast will have Lars Only (aka Johnny Yuma) in studio tonight. 8pm (PST) at https://www.krymzonpain.com/radio to listen in.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jesus, Dave has sources inside the nursing home of Bob Backlund's mother?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Arbite posted:

Ya know, if you do cocaine you're not winning the title.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Arbite posted:

Dave has a network of hookers who supply him with information on luchadores' real identities. Why else was he called Big Dave before Batista came around?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Perigryn posted:

Dave has a network of hookers who supply him with information on luchadores' real identities. Why else was he called Big Dave before Batista came around?
Those were groupies not hookers!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Del's taking his sweet-rear end time with the post-production, so here's an early version of Monday's show.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v36v1xx9w9hee5n/080101-000.output_01.mp3

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Those were groupies not hookers!
They never even met him. They just hear his voice over a speakerphone like Charlie's Angels

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Arbite posted:

Oh Oliver knows.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I've recently got a desk job where I can pretty much listen to stuff on my iPhone all day. I'm a relatively new Observer subscriber and enjoy the Meltzer/Bryan audios and Bryan/Vinny (and Lance until he gets on his high horse).

The point: Can anyone recommend some old F4w/WON audios that I should listen to? I knocked out the Gold boat and Silent night bloody night audios today and they were amazing.

Thanks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bhester posted:

I've recently got a desk job where I can pretty much listen to stuff on my iPhone all day. I'm a relatively new Observer subscriber and enjoy the Meltzer/Bryan audios and Bryan/Vinny (and Lance until he gets on his high horse).

The point: Can anyone recommend some old F4w/WON audios that I should listen to? I knocked out the Gold boat and Silent night bloody night audios today and they were amazing.

Thanks.

If you can find the episode for Victory Road 2009, it's from September of that year, it's a Wrestling Observer Radio with Vinny on before Dave. Dave's burial of the way AJ Styles wins the TNA title is beyond funny.

Every single Bruno interview is a must. Don't listen to them back to back as I think he repeats some stories but not that often.

If you go on the Board you should listen to some of the Observer Live's in the thread on the Radio Shows section. The ones with Heenan are great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bhester posted:

Thanks.

Urban Wrestling Federation reviews. First one is here http://www.f4wonline.com/audio-archive/bryan-and-vinny?year=2011&month=6&limit=20

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bhester posted:

Thanks.

And of course, if you go on the board you can probably get the TNA Adrenaline flush stuff which is a ton of shows, but absolutely awesome.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The radio show section of the board has several compilations of the best stuff from Bryan & Vinny. There is also a Best of 2009, 2010 & 2011 compilation featuring the top 50 audio moments to come from the website. Each one is about 4+ hours.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Wow guys, that didn't take long at all. Thanks a ton. I've lurked on their board a time or two, but somehow looking for stuff there slipped my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bhester posted:

Wow guys, that didn't take long at all. Thanks a ton. I've lurked on their board a time or two, but somehow looking for stuff there slipped my mind.

Just to give you some help:

The biggest list of Compilations.

Best of 2009. Last page has a link.

Best of 2010

Best of 2011

• Locked thread