Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

leather fedora posted:

It's cute how everyone is talking like KOF XIV is an inevitability. With their troubled (far and even more recent) past, it's a miracle they got to XII, much less XIII. Last I heard they were still in dire straits, what with them having to work a skeleton crew obscene hours to get the home version of XIII out the door and XIII Climax's limited arcade release, but I guess if nothing else, this past Evo has shown there's still life in the series so as long as SNK still's around, they'll keep trying. As nice as it would be to go out like this, it would be pretty sad.

:smith:

Why do you have to bring a thread down? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Xanieth posted:

Brain Box at 383 Centre St in JP. I go there Wednesdays and Fridays to play Marvel, and I just picked up KOF. Right now everyone there mostly plays Marvel and KOF so you'll fit right in. I think when I stopped by on Friday there was an old KOF cabinet being worked on.

As for how newbie friendly it is, I was playing Skullgirls and then we got bored with it, and Amish Mike threw in KOF and we played while he explained the concepts and what made it different from other fighters. I only started in the FGC like two months ago and everyone's pretty welcoming. The FGC isn't that big so you're going to see the same people a lot and it's always awesome to see a new face.

There's also Game Underground in Framingham and Ultimate Gaming Spot in Dedham, but from what I understand GU has more AE players and UGS is a lot of Virtua Fighter and Tekken. Go check em all out.

GU is mostly Marvel now, but my friend brings KOF on Fridays when he goes and people play. UGS has KOF players too actually, the guy who runs it is just picking it up and his friend that always comes by is like the best KOF player in Mass.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

leather fedora posted:

It's cute how everyone is talking like KOF XIV is an inevitability. With their troubled (far and even more recent) past, it's a miracle they got to XII, much less XIII. Last I heard they were still in dire straits, what with them having to work a skeleton crew obscene hours to get the home version of XIII out the door and XIII Climax's limited arcade release, but I guess if nothing else, this past Evo has shown there's still life in the series so as long as SNK still's around, they'll keep trying. As nice as it would be to go out like this, it would be pretty sad.

:smith:

Atlus can just buy SNK. Problem solved!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/jojos-bizarre-adventure-hd/overview/

I guess it's official!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
E X C E L L E N T

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
GGPO in that?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

MAKE A loving FAIGHT

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

B...but... What about PSN?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I'm under no illusions about JJBA coming back as a popular competitive fighter but I'm just happy to be able to play it on console and not have to drag laptops, Dreamcasts, etc. to IRL sessions if I want some matches.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

The rumor was that Iron Galaxy (the 3SOE dudes) is working on this, if that's true it's a safe bet.

How's a man supposed to get back into modern Capcom fighters when all these godlike niche games no one will ever play you at are coming out :(

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Transient People posted:

It remains to be seen if they'll find the money to actually make it happen, but if they do I think they'll be set for a while.
Well if they make another SNK GIRLS DATING SIM or SKYSTAGE2 then maybe...

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Isn't Sky Stage that versus shoot em up with KoF characters?

How was that game, anyway?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

inthesto posted:

Isn't Sky Stage that versus shoot em up with KoF characters?

How was that game, anyway?

It was just a regular old bullet hell shmup. And it was very mediocre.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm here Lain. Catching up on TTT2 news~

:)

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Witch Molester 3DS

KOF XIV funding problems solved.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gimnbo posted:

Witch Molester 3DS

KOF XIV funding problems solved.

Witch Molester Kinect. :colbert:

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Elephunk posted:

B...but... What about PSN?

I'd be shocked if it didn't come out on PSN seeing as how the new one is a PS3 exclusive.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ybrik posted:

I'd be shocked if it didn't come out on PSN seeing as how the new one is a PS3 exclusive.

The new one is being done by Bandai-Namco, not Capcom.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Potsticker posted:

So maybe not to promote the new one but almost certainly to cash in on it.

South Town guy
Jun 6, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It was just a regular old bullet hell shmup. And it was very mediocre.

There was also NeoGeo Heroes Ultimate Shooting, which added characters from more SNK games, namely Marco from metal Slug, akari from Last Blade, Iroha from Samurai Shodown 6, and a sort of original character piloting the ship from an old shooter of theirs, Alpha Mission. I'm not sure if they added more stages, but it builds on Skystage's foundation. You can get that for the PSP in the PSN Store.

What they really should be making is an SNK-only Card Fighters for mobile phones (NGPC gameplay, not like the DS version) and release that world wide. Maybe crossover with Sega for a bit of variety while they're at it, the formula certainly doesn't need a Capcom cast to work.
I've never seen anyone who played those games ever criticize them, and it can't be that hard to work on.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

So cool. Next please give us VSAV

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Potsticker posted:

Also I'd say the likelihood of the new JoJo game coming overseas is sketchy at best. Their Saint Seiya games are Euro/Japan only and One Piece is hit-or-miss, and those are franchises relatively familiar to the West.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Also I'd say the likelihood of the new JoJo game coming overseas is sketchy at best. Their Saint Seiya games are Euro/Japan only and One Piece is hit-or-miss, and those are franchises relatively familiar to the West.

Their latest Saint Seiya game came out in Mexico actually of all places.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PonchAxis posted:

Their latest Saint Seiya game came out in Mexico actually of all places.

Yeah, Europe and that whole Central America area love Saint Seiya but no one in North America knows poo poo about it. I had to order a copy from the UK.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
Has there been any release dates posted so far for the jojo's rerelease or is it all just leaked info so far

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Policenaut posted:

I thought One Piece games struggled to come out in the US because of licensing issues between 4Kids/Funimation? I know over here (EU) we get a lot of One Piece games that America doesn't.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
What are some good resources for Jojo's? I've never played it and want to get ready for dat rerelease (assuming it comes to PSN).

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

What are some good resources for Jojo's? I've never played it and want to get ready for dat rerelease (assuming it comes to PSN).

StandCrash, run by our very own Fayk.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

I thought One Piece games struggled to come out in the US because of licensing issues between 4Kids/Funimation? I know over here (EU) we get a lot of One Piece games that America doesn't.

I'm not entirely sure but Bandai Namco seems to have worked through it. One Piece: Pirate Warriors is coming to PS3 this Winter (but September in Europe :sigh:)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mio Bison posted:

The rumor was that Iron Galaxy (the 3SOE dudes) is working on this, if that's true it's a safe bet.

CyberConnect2 is doing it, according to that page. They're the same devs behind the upcoming 3D JoJo's game.

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Has there been any release dates posted so far for the jojo's rerelease or is it all just leaked info so far

Nope, just leaks, but don't achievement lists only go up when a release is impending?

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

whip posted:

I'm here Lain. Catching up on TTT2 news~

:)

There is a thread for TTT2: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3492311 ;]

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Hallelujah. :angel:

Thanks bleep.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two more Injustice characters revealed at Comic-Con: Nightwing and Cyborg!

http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/injustice-nightwing-and-cyborg-revealed-6386591/

There's concept art floating around that shows Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Aquaman, and some dude claims he works at a VA studio that hooked 'em up with the VA for Raven, so...

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Nightwing as a stance character is pretty cool. I actually really like the designs and aesthetic of Injustice. I mostly just wish it wasn't Netherrealm doing this game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Everything about Injustice looks freekin amazing. Well, everything except the gameplay of course. They really shouldve just gone and done an all-out Smash Bros clone, honestly

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
I don't like the graphical style too much, but the game just looks fun. The supers are like, 50 times cooler than anything in Street Fighter (mostly because they're exaggerated so much).

I like the way basic actions look in general. Special moves just look really fun to do.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Waterbed posted:

I don't like the graphical style too much, but the game just looks fun. The supers are like, 50 times cooler than anything in Street Fighter (mostly because they're exaggerated so much).

I'm curious how you will feel about this after you have been forced to watch them 50 times.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nightwing looks really odd to me - everyone else is all hulked out with armour and whatnot, and then there's Nightwing in what I assume is basically his classic get-up.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

bleep posted:

I'm curious how you will feel about this after you have been forced to watch them 50 times.

Thinking about this is already irritating me. Really hope they take that into account and shorten the cutscenes after the first time they play each match or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Waterbed posted:

Yeah, except I already played Final Fantasy 7, ten years ago.

• Locked thread