Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

I Watson posted:

It is vastly improved over Rune Factory 2 where you had to grow the required crops in the field(s) next to the gate that wants them and pray to whatever you beleive in that a typhoon doesn't blow through and ruin your progress. :suicide:

Or Rune Factory, where you can blow through the first few dungeons and get stuck waiting until winter for the next one to open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

busydelicious posted:

I was really disappointed with the fact that Oceans looked so crappy graphics-wise on the PS3. I mean, why in the hell offer it on a way more powerful system if you're not going to try and put in a few more high-res textures.

I get that they're going for a stylized look, but I wonder if there's going to be a Rune Factory or Harvest Moon game that doesn't look like it was made for a system circa 2001.

I'm guessing porting it over for PS3 was an afterthought. It was initially developed for the Wii in the first place. At least you get better load times and save file management?

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!

busydelicious posted:

Anywho, the Harvest Moon artbook looks pretty cool. Anyone gotten it? If it's worth it, I'll have to stop by Kinokuniya and pick it up if it isn't sold out.

I just got the artbook and flipped through some pages. It's got pictures of every character/animal/crop from all the Harvest Moon games up to Land of Origin (No Rune Factory) and some more special illustrations on the last few pages.
It's more of a collection of character pictures than art pieces. That said, it's a pretty thick book and has pictures of everything related Harvest Moon.

Here some pictures of it.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I saw all the PSP Harvest Moon games work with Vita now. Are any of the PSP ones any good?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Rune Factory 3 question, how do you get rid of the poison plots in the dungeon fields?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Rune Factory 3 question, how do you get rid of the poison plots in the dungeon fields?

There's an item called Neutraliser available at the pharmacy. You can also craft it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
RF3 question: Is there any way to get rid of furniture if you don't want it anymore? Evelyn won't sell me any awesome paintings because I foolishly bought all the plants/a table/some chairs and now I apparently have too much furniture. She should have warned me that there was a limit! :arghfist::saddowns:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Hit it with whatever you have on hand so it turns into wood. I've accidentally destroyed chairs and tables since it's been a few years that I've played it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you've got a 3DS, you can download some Rune Factory 4 3D screenshots to your 3DS with the link provided from this post. I don't have one yet, so welp!

x239marine
Jun 20, 2009

'Thank you, I'm here till Duke's Day!
Hi,

I know that by now this question has been repeated ad nauseum, but...

Which is the best portable harvest moon to currently buy?

I waited for tale of two towns for the 3DS, but now I've read some reviews I'm not so sure anymore, as it seems to mostly being getting scores in the 6-6.5 range.

The only HM game I have ever really played was FoMT way back on the GBA, and to my mind it was the perfect game.

Also,

I was looking at Animal Parade for the Wii, it seems like it could be great fun, would that be the best route to go in terms of playing HM on a home console?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

The next Rune Factory, will it work if I don't have a 3DS? I like my lite just fine...

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

x239marine posted:

I waited for tale of two towns for the 3DS, but now I've read some reviews I'm not so sure anymore, as it seems to mostly being getting scores in the 6-6.5 range.

The only HM game I have ever really played was FoMT way back on the GBA, and to my mind it was the perfect game.

Also,

I was looking at Animal Parade for the Wii, it seems like it could be great fun, would that be the best route to go in terms of playing HM on a home console?

Tale of Two Towns is a decent harvest moon game but it's not as great as FOMT. If you're dying for a traditional harvest moon game on the portables, Tale of Two Towns is one of the better ones. It's not like Harvest Moon games get high review ratings in the first place anyways.

If you're willing to try something new, Rune Factory 3 will be a better choice. It's in part an action RPG, but farming is still a large part of the game. Overall, the production values are great and there's tons of dialogue if you like the social aspect of Harvest Moon games.

Finally, Animal Parade is the best console Harvest Moon of this generation (which isn't saying much). I enjoyed the game but it doesn't really bring anything new and it's a really slow paced game.

Nettle Soup posted:

The next Rune Factory, will it work if I don't have a 3DS? I like my lite just fine...
Rune Factory 4 is a 3DS exclusive. It won't run on a DS.

x239marine
Jun 20, 2009

'Thank you, I'm here till Duke's Day!

Zettace posted:

Tale of Two Towns is a decent harvest moon game but it's not as great as FOMT. If you're dying for a traditional harvest moon game on the portables, Tale of Two Towns is one of the better ones. It's not like Harvest Moon games get high review ratings in the first place anyways.

If you're willing to try something new, Rune Factory 3 will be a better choice. It's in part an action RPG, but farming is still a large part of the game. Overall, the production values are great and there's tons of dialogue if you like the social aspect of Harvest Moon games.

Finally, Animal Parade is the best console Harvest Moon of this generation (which isn't saying much). I enjoyed the game but it doesn't really bring anything new and it's a really slow paced game.

Thanks

I think in that case I will pick up animal parade now as I can get it cheap and will look into getting Rune Factory 3 soon.

LeapFrog
Nov 9, 2011
I'm a long time Harvest Moon fan, and lately I've been getting the urge to play again. The last one I finished was Rune Factory Frontier about a year ago and I really liked it, but I'm not a big fan of the dungeon crawling, so I'll probably stick to the more traditional ones.

I've completed:

Harvest Moon SNES
Harvest Moon 64
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade

Only played a bit years ago:

A Wonderful Life
Magical Melody
Back to Nature - I'll probably finish this one eventually.

Now, I was considering trying out A Wonderful Life again. I know there are three different versions, and I've read what some of the differences are, but I was wondering if there was a version that's considered the "best" from someone who has played all three. I really like festivals, interesting villagers, raising crops/animals. Is one of them best for all of these together?

If not, how about Magical Melody? Is this a better choice? I never got very far in either of these. Thanks.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
I've been playing Tale of Two Towns, I've found it very enjoyable for a base Harvest Moon game. Though it seems pretty limited at the start since you can't mine and not all the seeds are sold in the first year. Hand fishing and critter catching is pretty fun, same with the requests and all the recipes. Don't like how time runs inside and how seeds only cover one square. I need to find a copy of FoMT someday...

I've only played the Gamecube version of A Wonderful Life and I found it pretty slow. I think the PS2 version is better since it apparently shortens up the chapters.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Zettace posted:

Animal parade does have a lot of improvements over Tree of Tranquility, but it's refining system is an incredible pain in the rear end. In order to get bars to upgrade your tools, you have to refine the ores. And the percent chance of refining from ores to bars is pretty low. Low enough that it is always more profitable to just ship the ores if you are mining for profit and I've never done more than break even on wonderfuls/gems. I enjoyed Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny much more, even though it's a lot shorter.

LeapFrog posted:

A Wonderful Life
Magical Melody
Back to Nature - I'll probably finish this one eventually.

I really enjoyed Magical Melody on all my playthroughs. It's got a sort of light achievements system that encouraged me to try out things I don't normally do, and I don't even like achievements. So if you like achievements, you'll probably like it, and even if you don't, its worth a try. I played it so much I never got around to trying the others :blush:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

KariOhki posted:

I've been playing Tale of Two Towns, I've found it very enjoyable for a base Harvest Moon game. Though it seems pretty limited at the start since you can't mine and not all the seeds are sold in the first year. Hand fishing and critter catching is pretty fun, same with the requests and all the recipes. Don't like how time runs inside and how seeds only cover one square. I need to find a copy of FoMT someday...

The requests are a great addition and make TTT the best Harvest Moon game on the DS (and the third best ever, after FoMT and HM64) in my opinion.
I got used to seeds covering only one square by now, but I do miss mining a lot. Days seem to go by slower, so I'm not too bothered with the time passing inside.
I also don't like that you have to travel quite a bit to get to the other town when the tunnel is closed, though it's better than Grand Bazaar which had a tiny map.

The upcoming Harvest Moon for 3DS is looking really good too. I can't wait!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
My only problem with TTT (outside of the bland characters) is that cooking festival. I recently tried replaying it and I just couldn't sit through yet another slow as gently caress cook off! Oh look, it's that top hat guy! It's always that top hat guy! Let's mash the button in desperate hopes that the dialog might go even a little faster than normal! Oh look, my perfect five star meal is complemented by a loving burnt dish from my teammate! Looks like it's 1/4th of a loving heart again! Maybe I'll get that tunnel opened next year!

I am angry. Angry about Farming Games. :argh:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yuuka, is that you? :v:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

The cook-offs wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take forever to judge. I can't wait until the tunnel opens so I never have to participate again!

ZanderZ
Apr 7, 2011

by T. Mascis
What's the newest one with the least anime-sperg bullshit and the most nostalgia? I got Rune Factory for PS3 and returned it 3 days later after nonstop "tralala" type poo poo.

I have Harvest Moon DS and even that seems a little too plot filled. Friends of Mineral Town still holds a place in my heart, but I don't think I can start yet another game of it.

Should I get Rune Factory 3 or Tale of Two Towns. Will it be too much? I don't think I'd mind a bit of dungeon crawling, but really, no story unless it's minimal. I liked FoMT because it had a story based on seasons.

Should I even bother continuing on with Harvest Moon DS? Will I eventually unlock cool stuff, or is it always gonna be the town you start out in?

ZanderZ fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 11, 2012

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

^ TTT and especially Rune Factory 3 are pretty heavy on the stories, sadly. If you own a 3DS you might want to keep an eye open for Harvest Moon GBC coming out in the eShop: Natsume announced it a few weeks ago.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 11, 2012

ZanderZ
Apr 7, 2011

by T. Mascis

Eruonen posted:

^ TTT and especially Rune Factory 3 are pretty heavy on the stories, sadly. If you own a 3DS you might want to keep an eye open for Harvest Moon GBC coming out in the eShop: Natsume announced it a few weeks ago.

Is it cute farm tales story or "A wizard cast a spell on me and now I'm a wood nymph in love with you! Tralala!" autism pandering story? All I have is a DS and I don't think I'm gonna get a 3DS. I got into this game because it was a relaxing farming game. I don't want weapons or magical wizard hats with +10int. I want a hoe, shovel, watering can, etc.

I might just have to buy FoMT on Amazon.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

The story:

quote:

Long ago the towns of Bluebell and Konohana were friendly neighbors, joined together by a tunnel underneath the mountain that separates the towns. Eventually the towns started to disagree with each other on whose town had the best cooking cousine. As the villagers became more obnoxious with each other, the Harvest Goddess became more annoyed with them. One day she finally put her foot down and collapsed the tunnel between the towns, cutting them off from each other. Now the only interaction the towns have with each other is at their cooking festival, where their cooking conflict continues four times per season.

As a new farmer, you are eager to start your new life at one of the towns but a freak travel accident makes you to forget what town you originally were going to live in! Listen to each mayor's story, hear about each town, and then decide where you want to start your new farm life.
You reunite the farms by cooking delicious meals.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Rune Factory games are basically Harvest Moon: 600% More Anime so you should probably stay away from all Rune Factory games since it's obviously not your cup of tea.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

ZanderZ posted:

Is it cute farm tales story or "A wizard cast a spell on me and now I'm a wood nymph in love with you! Tralala!" autism pandering story? All I have is a DS and I don't think I'm gonna get a 3DS. I got into this game because it was a relaxing farming game. I don't want weapons or magical wizard hats with +10int. I want a hoe, shovel, watering can, etc.

Have you looked at Shepard's Crossing?

Night Gaunt
Jan 9, 2007

Looks like Rune Factory 4 will have cameos from Raven and Barrett. Raven is pretty much unchanged but Barrett looks like a pirate captain now. :stare:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

ZanderZ posted:

Get Shepherd's Crossing 2 for the DS. The main plot is not starving to death.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Eruonen posted:

Harvest Moon GBC owns bones. Too bad someone stole our copy :argh:

The Game Boy River King title is neat, but the translation is really...weird. It's hard to figure out exactly what to do without a guide of some sort. Still fun, though.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.

Night Gaunt posted:

Looks like Rune Factory 4 will have cameos from Raven and Barrett. Raven is pretty much unchanged but Barrett looks like a pirate captain now. :stare:

Raven is cool and all but I was hoping for Daria.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Killbot posted:

Raven is cool and all but I was hoping for Daria.

But now you can relive RF3's classic game-defining conversations like "..." and "...ugh" and "...ok..."!!!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Barrett's pretty solid though. He "grows up" to be an okay dude.
Way better than Jake, at least. gently caress that guy.

ZanderZ
Apr 7, 2011

by T. Mascis

Eruonen posted:

The story:
You reunite the farms by cooking delicious meals.

Wandering Knitter posted:

Get Shepherd's Crossing 2 for the DS. The main plot is not starving to death.

Both of these sound great. I don't mind a cheesy story such as "food drama" but once it gets up it's own rear end with self-created memes, I just can't do it.

I can't find much info on Shepherd's Crossing aside from an IGN review that says it lacks the redundant process of tilling soil and watering plants. Not sure how I feel about that. Anyone who has played this game, can you tell me more about how it differs in both good/bad ways from Harvest Moon?

I might go with Tale of Two Towns, not sure though. Would Tale of Two Towns stand out from Harvest Moon DS? I'm extremely unmotivated to carry on my Harvest Moon DS game, yet I was always willing to continue on my FoMT game.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

ZanderZ posted:

I might go with Tale of Two Towns, not sure though. Would Tale of Two Towns stand out from Harvest Moon DS? I'm extremely unmotivated to carry on my Harvest Moon DS game, yet I was always willing to continue on my FoMT game.

I felt the same way with HM:DS and also was always willing (and still am) to continue FoMT. I haven't played enough TTT to know whether it will keep me motivated, but since it has a lot of content (check out fogu.com/hm10) I suspect it might keep me interested for quite a while. It's hard to compare HM:TTT with HM:DS since they're very different games.

To get a good idea of what TTT (3DS and DS versions are pretty much identical) and Shepherd's Crossing (you may want to disable annotations) are like you could check out some gameplay vids on Youtube, I suppose.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 12, 2012

sexy wheely
Oct 11, 2008

Zettace posted:

Rune Factory games are basically Harvest Moon: 600% More Anime so you should probably stay away from all Rune Factory games since it's obviously not your cup of tea.

Your Harvest Moon: 600% more anime but I was wondering if anybody here could tell me if Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley is worth the $25 USD that they are asking for it on the Vita shop?

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

11wheels posted:

Your Harvest Moon: 600% more anime but I was wondering if anybody here could tell me if Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley is worth the $25 USD that they are asking for it on the Vita shop?

Did you ever play HM: Save the Homeland for PS2? It's that with upgrades. It's an alright game, but I never really fell in love with it. Apparently you can get married now (which wasn't in StH) and the plot is a little revamped. I've read that there are abominable load times, however. It's definitely not as deep as most HMs are, but it's not terrible by any means. I personally would not pay that much for it.

Edit: I just remembered I beat StH 3+ times, but that was more from lack of things to play than real enjoyment. And it was a super quick game to beat as well, compared to my normal HM experiences.

Shirec fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 23, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

11wheels posted:

It's....okay, but hardly worth USD$25. I paid maybe eight bucks for a UMD copy for my PSP, so I was satisfied by the enjoyment-per-dollar ratio. $25 is a bit much for the title, though.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

ZanderZ posted:

I can't find much info on Shepherd's Crossing aside from an IGN review that says it lacks the redundant process of tilling soil and watering plants. Not sure how I feel about that. Anyone who has played this game, can you tell me more about how it differs in both good/bad ways from Harvest Moon?

I've just been trying to track down some information on this game myself, and aside from some hilarious anecdotes about arranged marriages and slaughtering guinea pigs earlier in this thread there are some really detailed reviews on Amazon.

I think I'll just repost the most helpful one:

some lady on Amazon posted:

I apologize in advance for constantly comparing this game and the Harvest Moon series. But, since farming simulations are limited, HM was the only other game I could use as an effective comparison.

The premise of Shepherd's Crossing is pretty straightforward: You play as a young male or female character who has decided to move to a small village in the Alps. Your character, along with a helpful duck named Brummie, has to start a successful farm and manage to survive in the sometimes unforgiving country.

Pros of the Game:
- Interesting take on farming. While the Harvest Moon series focuses heavily on the everyday tasks of farming, Shepherd's Crossing is more concerned about the end process of harvesting and storing. You don't water plants in the game and you don't take care of your animals daily - instead, you focus on things like: alternating crop patterns to maximize your seasonal harvest, storing crops/grain/grass, and killing (that's right, you can kill your animals in this game) animals for food for both yourself and some of your pets.
- Attempt at realism. The game tries to add details to the farming process that makes it more realistic. For example, there are several stages to Buckwheat, Millet, and Sorghum production. Instead of just watering the plant and harvesting it, you have to sickle the buckwheat, bundle it, wait for it to dry, and then place it in grain bags. LOTS of crops in the game require this multistep treatment. Crops are also prone to diseases, frost, and looting hares or boars - your crops can be decimated quickly in this game, which causes yearly production to vary considerably.
- Decent amount of crop variety with a heavy focus on grains (which are fun to grow because of their multistep production).
- Lots of animal variety and interesting animal gameplay. There are 25 animals types, plus several color variations for many of the livestock. As I have already mentioned, the treatment of animals in this game is much different than in the Harvest Moon series. You will have to butcher some of your livestock in the game - not only to help feed yourself, but to also help take care of your guard animals (which become a necessity as your flocks and herds become larger). Also, once you get sheep, goats, and boars, killing your livestock becomes necessary for pork and mutton, which you can't buy from the general store. Taking care of lots of animals can be a challenge in the game for several reasons: your poultry can sometimes be killed by weasels, your larger livestock can be killed by wolves, your lambs or kids can die if they don't have a nursing mother, and female goats and cows only produce milk after pregnancy, but actual the length of their milk production can vary (it is important to try and stagger pregnancies, if you can).
- Nice graphics. While the character gifs aren't particularly detailed, the background and animal / crop renders are pretty nice. Not super fancy for a DS game, but not ugly by any means. The character renders are particularly nice.
- Challenging gameplay. The gameplay can be challenging if you don't strategize your time on the farm effectively.
- You can play as either a boy or girl.
- There are 5 potential brides/grooms of varying social/wealth status. Just as a warning: wooing is not romantic in this game - you can pretty much 'purchase' your spouse for a certain amount of sheep (if you are playing as a male) or blankets (if you are playing as a female). Some of the socially reputable or wealthy potential spouses will require much more than poorer or 'disliked' characters. Wives bring in a type of monthly dowry and husbands bring in money as well as other goods (like meat or cheese). You can also have a child, though you don't interact with it much.
- You are your own butcher/carpenter/cook. In the game, you can built certain tools for your farm (like a bee box or hay stand), you can also butcher your own animals (not graphically) , and you can cook for yourself and your neighbors.
- Almost everything in the game can be organized and placed where you want it to be placed. Specifically, you can store produce baskets and grain bags where you want them, you can make firewood piles where you want, you can hay bales where you want, etc.
- You can expand both your house and your land several times.
- The game just has a ton of stuff to do (I'm still surprised by the amount of items the game offers). It might seem slow at first, but once you can started buying sheep, there will be more for you to do! And once you start sheering sheep and making wool blankets (which is a six-step process and can take all Winter Season if you have a lot of wool to knit), you'll find time moves very quickly.

Cons of the Game:
- Time is not on a clock system. Instead, time is controlled by how much you do in a day. For example, chopping four trees down could constitute a whole day's work. This can be frustrating because it severely micromanages your actions. At the same time, some players might consider this feature part of the interesting challenge.
- Limited villager interaction. This is the biggest issue I had with the game. Even though you can marry someone in Shepherd's Crossing, you really don't have that much to do with the villagers. The town in Shepherd's Crossing is similar to the town in Harvest Moon 2 for GBC, which means that most of the time you can't actually go and visit anyone. You are pretty much limited to your own farm, the general store, or the registry office. Sometimes you can trigger events that let you go and see a villager and other times you can cook meals (sharing food is the primary mode of communication), which will let you visit with a particular villager (of the game's choosing). However, the interaction with all the characters in the game is sorely lacking, especially since a marriage system is part of this game.
*In the game's defense, some characters will visit you the more you share meals with them. Off the top of my head, Maki and Haru came around quite a few times after I paid attention to them. Also, despite limited interaction with them, many of the characters are pretty interesting. They are not as colorful as characters from HM games, but nice in a more subdued sense.
- Stretches of nothing. There can be a lot of 'down time' in this game. Plus, most crops and animals take a LONG time to reach maturity - about thirty days (or an entire season). This means that you might have a hectic 10 days of harvesting and then nothing to do for the next 20 days, which might become boring for some players.
- Limited exploration. The lack of locations really hurts this game, especially when there are so many days when there is nothing for you to do. I think if the game had more places you could actually go, the boredom concern might not have been as big a deal.

Overall, I think this a very interesting and enjoyable game. While it does have its faults, I appreciated the attempt at (sorta) realistic farming goals. I thought the game offered hours of addicting, entertaining, and challenging gameplay. I would definitely like to see more Shepherd's Crossing games in the future.

But, just as final caveat: if you enjoy the Harvest Moon series more for the marriage system and villager interaction than the actual farming, this game might disappoint you.

sexy wheely
Oct 11, 2008

Shirec posted:

Did you ever play HM: Save the Homeland for PS2? It's that with upgrades. It's an alright game, but I never really fell in love with it. Apparently you can get married now (which wasn't in StH) and the plot is a little revamped. I've read that there are abominable load times, however. It's definitely not as deep as most HMs are, but it's not terrible by any means. I personally would not pay that much for it.

Edit: I just remembered I beat StH 3+ times, but that was more from lack of things to play than real enjoyment. And it was a super quick game to beat as well, compared to my normal HM experiences.

The last HM game I played was Friends of Mineral Town on GBA, I really got into that and HM 64. I'm not sure but I think the load times are better if you have it as a digital copy, but I looked again and I guess it's actually $30 USD. Would it be worth that much considering I've missed everything between FoMT and now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

11wheels posted:

The last HM game I played was Friends of Mineral Town on GBA, I really got into that and HM 64. I'm not sure but I think the load times are better if you have it as a digital copy, but I looked again and I guess it's actually $30 USD. Would it be worth that much considering I've missed everything between FoMT and now?

I hate to be a downer, but I would say no. It's not very similar to Harvest Moons in regards to depth/longevity. I didn't think the characters were very good either, and I have a hard time remembering anything I liked about the game, which is surprising for a game that I beat more than once. I'd pick it up for $5, but not more than that. Do you only have a PSP? Or could you get a DS game?

• Locked thread