Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm listening to the Best of 2011 right now and it's loving brilliant. Pretty much every show is represented from Bryan and Vinny to ROAD RAGE RADIO! Also contains Dem Boys.

There's also the Bryan and Vinny Rewind shows which are the highlights of a month of shows. They're in the compilation thread HulkaMatt posted, and the December ones always contain the entire Christmas show for that year with all the Granny moments condensed to the end so you can listen until that point and turn it off if you don't like Granny.

The Wrestlemania 24 B&V show (March 2008) is also great, since it was recorded in a car driving through Miami and has some great stuff on Ric Flair at the Hall of Fame.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
This past year's Christmas show is also worth listening to for Bryan's...bizarre 'British' accent.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Best of 2011 is great just for the reaction to Oh Susannah.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Uncle Murder.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Any interview with Jim Cornette, although the earlier ones are better.
Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, RVD, Bret Hart, and Steve Austin interviews are all great.

Have we mentioned Orlando Jordan's time machine?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

Uncle Murder.

We're what, 3? 4? UWF shows in and I still don't think they've correctly identified when Uncle Murdah is on screen.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bhester posted:

The point: Can anyone recommend some old F4w/WON audios that I should listen to? I knocked out the Gold boat and Silent night bloody night audios today and they were amazing.
People with jobs that allow them to listen txo podcasts are my target audience! Listen to my terrible show and tell me how to improve it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh gently caress I just got to #23 in the Best of 2011 show and it has to be said. LISTEN TO THE "LANCE STORM'S WORLD OF HURT" REVIEWS~! The French Stallion episode is probably one of the funniest thing I've ever heard on the site.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is a moment during their recap of the convention where Bryan makes himself seem even more out of touch than usual, and it has nothing to do with their boring convention antics. I'm not going to spoil it because you kind of need to hear it and go "Did he just say that?"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

LividLiquid posted:

Listen to my terrible show and tell me how to improve it.

Have me on for a spirited debate about professional wrestling.

Oh wait you said improve.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRayPer posted:

There is a moment during their recap of the convention where Bryan makes himself seem even more out of touch than usual, and it has nothing to do with their boring convention antics. I'm not going to spoil it because you kind of need to hear it and go "Did he just say that?"
Sega and Twins?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Just a heads up but paypal just killed my recurring payment for F4W for not having a back up funding account (despite having at least two on there). So now my account is lapsed. Hurrah. Basically I had to go into my overview, cancel my subscription and then renew it again.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 11, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to Todd on the Dr Keith show, he's not so bad there talking about the best promos in wrestling.

Maybe that's just Alan's greatness rubbing off on him though.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Jack Krauser posted:

Sega and Twins?

Definitely the former. When he said it I figured that SEGA had to be some sort of business acronym because there was no way he was talking about a video game company that hasn't released a console since 1999

Karmine fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 11, 2012

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"My purse was gone! :cry:"
- Bryan Alvarez

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

dsriggs posted:

"My purse was gone! :cry:"
- Bryan Alvarez

This wouldn't have happened if he prescribed to the traditional wrestler uniform and wore a bumbag( Fannypack for you yanks.)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

This wouldn't have happened if he prescribed to the traditional wrestler uniform and wore a bumbag( Fannypack for you yanks.)

I pray to all the gods that Lance gives him poo poo about this next show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

Definitely the former. When he said it I figured that SEGA had to be some sort of business acronym because there was no way he was talking about a video game company that hasn't released a console since 1999

Especially the context he said it. It was so bizarre and out of place.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRayPer posted:

Especially the context he said it. It was so bizarre and out of place.

I'm convinced he was trying to say something else, because there's no context in which "Sega systems" works as a topic of conversation at a business convention

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I'm convinced he was trying to say something else, because there's no context in which "Sega systems" works as a topic of conversation at a business convention

Yeah, that's something I would usually expect out of Dave.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised we didn't have a repeat of the comments he made after R-Truth dressed up as Sherlock Holmes a few months ago.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
holy poo poo Vinny writes for Football Outsiders? That site owns and that almanac is loving ridiculous

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.
The podcast I produce with is now on it's own iTunes. TheTrashCast under Podcasts in the iTunes Store. There are eleven episodes already up, new episodes to be released each week. All of us on the show are wrestlers and we get some of the Socal guys as guests. Hope you enjoy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Akileese posted:

Just a heads up but paypal just killed my recurring payment for F4W for not having a back up funding account (despite having at least two on there). So now my account is lapsed. Hurrah. Basically I had to go into my overview, cancel my subscription and then renew it again.

This happened to me last year. I just emailed Tony, and he just added 3 days to my account while I got my PayPal sorted out.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

This happened to me last year. I just emailed Tony, and he just added 3 days to my account while I got my PayPal sorted out.

I just cancelled the sub, removed the third card on the account, and then resubscribed and it went right through. Another case of paypal being terrible.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
This week's Art of Wrestling featured Natalya. It's a pretty good show so far.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Akileese posted:

I just cancelled the sub, removed the third card on the account, and then resubscribed and it went right through. Another case of paypal being terrible.

PayPal did the same thing to me, but it only effected my Prowrestling.net membership and all I had to do was delete my card on file and re-enter the same drat card.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Perigryn posted:

This week's Art of Wrestling featured Natalya. It's a pretty good show so far.

Downloading immediately, if it's anywhere near as good as the Tyson Kidd show this should be brilliant.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

njsykora posted:

Downloading immediately, if it's anywhere near as good as the Tyson Kidd show this should be brilliant.

Listened, and well, it was sure slow to develop. I can't say I was enthralled by the opening 15 minutes of airport chat and vague references to working hard for her accomplishments, but when she finally got into her time in Japan and Hart stories it got good.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan's really warming up to TNA. Seems to be really hot on the shows I'm not so hot on though. Thought this week's Impact was good, but it's been better in the last month. If I remember, he also thought that the first live episode was great too, and I thought that one was all over the place.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jack Krauser posted:

Bryan's really warming up to TNA. Seems to be really hot on the shows I'm not so hot on though. Thought this week's Impact was good, but it's been better in the last month. If I remember, he also thought that the first live episode was great too, and I thought that one was all over the place.

His enthusiasm is rather infectious right now, it's like he's finally got a consistently good wrestling show and is desperate for it to succeed.

Also good Granny segment this week.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jack Krauser posted:

Seemed to me his reaction to the first show is that it was just better than Impact had been. Now he's genuinely into the product, which is fun.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jack Krauser posted:

Alvarez really enjoys a few episodes of Raw that people that knew what good television was wouldn't have enjoyed either so I wouldn't take it badly if your personal likes and dislikes don't fall where his do. Dude likes weird poo poo alot of the time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Alvarez really enjoys a few episodes of Raw that people that knew what good television was wouldn't have enjoyed either so I wouldn't take it badly if your personal likes and dislikes don't fall where his do. Dude likes weird poo poo alot of the time.

Yeah please remember this man is going hunting for Bigfoot in a few days.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

njsykora posted:

The bigfoot thing always makes me laugh when people defend him when he says dumb poo poo. He's literally a grown man who marks for bigfoot and has paid real money to go on a hunt for it.

Someone will quote this most likely and say "Oh but he's just kidding around." No he's not. He can try to make it seem like it's jokey but I've heard the childish passion in his ridiculous bigfoot rants. This dude really wants to find one.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

njsykora posted:

Don't act like hunting for Bigfoot doesn't sound fun as hell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The bigfoot thing always makes me laugh when people defend him when he says dumb poo poo. He's literally a grown man who marks for bigfoot and has paid real money to go on a hunt for it.

Someone will quote this most likely and say "Oh but he's just kidding around." No he's not. He can try to make it seem like it's jokey but I've heard the childish passion in his ridiculous bigfoot rants. This dude really wants to find one.

I think it is his birthday present.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

I think it is his birthday present.
It is, he's explicitly said on the show that his wife set it up for them. And yes, I'm sure if they actually found something he'd be like a kid meeting Santa, but he seems pretty OK with it just being a goofy gimmick camping trip for him and some friends.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure "My husband is obsessed with bigfoot so I bought him a bigfoot camping trip expedition for his birthday" is a story she'll want to share with her friends.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm sure "My husband is obsessed with bigfoot so I bought him a bigfoot camping trip expedition for his birthday" is a story she'll want to share with her friends.

Probably? If you listened to the Finding Bigfoot reviews and thought Bryan thought the show was in the least bit legitimate I don't know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

If you listened to the Finding Bigfoot reviews

I've only heard him talking about it during the normal wrestling/MMA shows and I kinda zone out as he marks out about bigfoot if that's what you're talking about. If it's a separate show then no, I haven't.

• Locked thread