Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don't understand the perspective of that photo in the slightest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

A little bit of good news for the Team GB buyers.
My friend in England was able to procure a box (she said they were weird about it and probably won't be able to get a second from the same people), and would be able to float a second one for a couple weeks if she can find one.
Once I actually have the sets in-hand, I'll start requesting paypal and shipping addresses, from the order people requested in thread. youareoffthehook's co-workers are going to have to be at the bottom of the list unless they can bribe me sufficiently.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Mr. Glass posted:

Oh god, what am I going to do with five million clear cheese slopes? drat you, pick-a-brick wall :argh:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

And then when you find something to use them on, you'll discover you don't have enough.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Krazyface posted:

Someone on Eurobricks found this picture of some unreleased Alien Conquest prototypes, they're speculating there may be a second wave:

(on the far left of course)

Clearly they need a tank, jet-bike, and girl soldiers in rocket jetpacks.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Mr. Glass posted:

Oh god, what am I going to do with five million clear cheese slopes? drat you, pick-a-brick wall :argh:

Stained glass mosaic:
http://mosaicbricks.blogspot.com/2012/06/cheese-slope-mosaics-tutorial.html

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Too bad I only got 2 colors (clear and trans-orange)

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Mr. Glass posted:

Too bad I only got 2 colors (clear and trans-orange)

Yea, that's all I got last time too. Really want to find some yellow and blue, I've been sketching out a classic space logo mosaic.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ika posted:

Xenomrph: Should have a chance to grab the ghost tommarow or saturday. Might just grab a handful for anyone else and keep the rest.

Amazon.de also has the new tie fighter down to 35, so do I get a third one, or a third and fourth one? ;(

If shipping to the USA wouldnt be too crippling I think I'd like to get in on some of that ghost polybag action.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Pyroclastic posted:

A little bit of good news for the Team GB buyers.
My friend in England was able to procure a box (she said they were weird about it and probably won't be able to get a second from the same people), and would be able to float a second one for a couple weeks if she can find one.
Once I actually have the sets in-hand, I'll start requesting paypal and shipping addresses, from the order people requested in thread. youareoffthehook's co-workers are going to have to be at the bottom of the list unless they can bribe me sufficiently.

How many sets come per box? Want to see if I have a chance of getting some in the first shipment since I did post fairly early on the ole want list.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Rythe posted:

How many sets come per box? Want to see if I have a chance of getting some in the first shipment since I did post fairly early on the ole want list.

There are 6 sets per box, plus six extra that don't make a set.

According to my list, you're slotted for set #10 (my friend in England and myself take up #1-3). You'll be in the second box, if we can get one.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Sockser posted:

I don't understand the perspective of that photo in the slightest

It's a web-cam or security-cam or something. Looks a bit less wonky in the full picture here: http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/HJQX.jpg

Apparently it's a prototype workshop place.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That is so loving cool.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Mr. Glass posted:

Just tell me you weren't in frankfurt, I still need to get my hands on some and wont be there for a week.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Captain Invictus posted:

That is so loving cool.

Indeed. I think that's Mark Stafford towards the left (with the ponytail). He designed Earth Defence HQ, Some recent Ninjago stuff. The robots on the shelves behind him look like his. I only know that because I met him once, it's not like I can recognise and name Lego designers at a glance in general.

Also of note what looks like a freakin' massive tower in the Lord of the Rings section. UCS Orthanc or something. It would be interesting if they did something like that as a lot of people really want some big LoTR sets that are more display than play.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 13, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

It's a web-cam or security-cam or something. Looks a bit less wonky in the full picture here: http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/HJQX.jpg

Apparently it's a prototype workshop place.

I was scrolling around this photo, zoomed in. Then suddenly Woody and Buzz were staring right at me. :stare:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Playmobil spotted!

On one of the cabinets there's a load of other toys including a Playmobil box and some Hot Wheels cars. Can't see any Megabricks or whatever they're called though.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Travis343 posted:

If shipping to the USA wouldnt be too crippling I think I'd like to get in on some of that ghost polybag action.

Asked at the post office during lunch break, shipping should be around 4 euros. The toy store there also had a huge pile of ghosts for 3 euros, so if I cant get em for two tonight I'll pick em up there. So supply shouldn't be an issue, just might be around 7 shipped instead of 6.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
If anyone here lives in Southern Ontario, you might be interested in this:

http://www.brickfete.com/

It's going on this Saturday and Sunday.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Captain Invictus posted:

That is so loving cool.

Dear god n baby jesus, let me work at LEGO.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Ika posted:

Just tell me you weren't in frankfurt, I still need to get my hands on some and wont be there for a week.

Nope, King of Prussia (Pennsylvania)

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Ika posted:

Asked at the post office during lunch break, shipping should be around 4 euros. The toy store there also had a huge pile of ghosts for 3 euros, so if I cant get em for two tonight I'll pick em up there. So supply shouldn't be an issue, just might be around 7 shipped instead of 6.

I'd like to get in on this if I could. I want 2 if possible, one for me and one for a friend.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

New stuff overload. Better get started on that Globe Theatre MOC

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
drat, I wish I'd bought more Atlantis stuff now.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Gravy Jones posted:

Not the most atractive set, but looks like a lot of bricks and I think looks kind of cool. Will also be expensive.

While I'm very happy there is finally a LEGO Rancor, I'm less than pleased they're putting it in into such an uninspired set. I mean, at least give us a trap door for Luke to fall through, or an alcove for him to hide in or something. Not to mention with so many pieces it's going to be pretty pricey.

edit: \/ which does us no good if we don't have a nine-year old set. :colbert:

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 13, 2012

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Voodoo posted:

While I'm very happy there is finally a LEGO Rancor, I'm less than pleased they're putting it in into such an uninspired set. I mean, at least give us a trap door for Luke to fall through, or an alcove for him to hide in or something. Not to mention with so many pieces it's going to be pretty pricey.

It connects to Jabba's Palace :ssh:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gravy Jones posted:

Glory be, a new old robot!

And zounds, is that a Shakespeare? There's only one solution: Robot Shakespeare.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
^^
Hi, animatronio!

Gravy Jones posted:

Alien Overlord owns. SPACE ROBOT BOOP owns. Batboy owns. Pegleg Pete owns.

At least this series' sporty people aren't a surfer or a skater.

osici
Jan 19, 2008
Wheee
So I'll be immediately be swapping heads on that Shakespeare :v:

Diver and Conquistador look great. The bat-boy is awesome too, nice alternative to having to buy the Vampyre Castle.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Captain Invictus posted:

Glory be, a new old robot!

And zounds, is that a Shakespeare? There's only one solution: Robot Shakespeare.

No, it's Hamlet. Shakespeare just wrote the play. :spergin:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

It's Shakespeare with a skull for effect. Hamlet wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of those frilly neck things :colbert:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Voodoo posted:

edit: \/ which does us no good if we don't have a nine-year old set. :colbert:

The new Jabba's palace... unless I'm missing a joke here

eclipse
Mar 12, 2003

It's gone rather dark all of a sudden...
Turn the head on that diving suit guy round and you've basically got a Lego Big Daddy.

Think I'll be picking up another box of 60, all of these look pretty fun. Loving the huge collar on that space alien emperor dude.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Colonial Air Force posted:

I know, but it's more amusing to think of him as a Lego Shakespeare than a mere Lego Hamlet.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
What is that sports guy in the helmet? Is that lacrosse?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

ChesterJT posted:

What is that sports guy in the helmet? Is that lacrosse?

Pretty sure it's football, especially paired with the cheerleader.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

The robot ant bat-boy repaints strike me as a bit lazy, and I could care less about all the sports ones, but some of those others are really great. The old timey diver, Shakespeare and Conquistador are particularly good.

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Gravy Jones posted:

That guy with the record is wearing headphones :aaa:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
While I'm posting... for UK Legoons there are a lot of really good Amazon deals at the moment: Apple Tree House, Sonic Boom and Lighthouse are all 35% off. A few City police sets 30% off, some Star Wars stuff 30% off.... etc. etc. A lot of these are at the lowest prices I've recorded. Alternatively just check out brickbadger because its lists them all and I haven't shilled it in a while!

I want to buy one of the Creator sets but I'm not sure which. Lighthouse is cool, Sonic Boom is massive and Apple Tree house has a lot of pieces in a colour I want. :argh: I can't decide.

Saint Sputnik posted:

That guy with the record is wearing headphones :aaa:

Yeah that's pretty cool. I could see it being popular with people into their music/DJing etc the same way the little IT dude was popular in the last lot. While obviously AFOLs love the army building type figures I think Lego also makes these with broader appeal in mind. There's a lot of desk-trinket appeal in some of these for people of particular professions or into a particular sport or activity.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 13, 2012

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Sonic boom is one of the few creator sets I have, and I really like it. Its also one of the few nontechnic sets I would like to get a second one of if the price is cheap enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gravy Jones posted:

Yeah that's pretty cool. I could see it being popular with people into their music/DJing etc the same way the little IT dude was popular in the last lot. While obviously AFOLs love the army building type figures I think Lego also makes these with broader appeal in mind. There's a lot of desk-trinket appeal in some of these for people of particular professions or into a particular sport or activity.

I see this a lot. Interestingly though, the one I see on display most often is Frankenstein's Monster.

Do you know if those new sets you posted are expected this year Gravy Jones?
I'm picking up my Jabba's Palace tomorrow before local sales end and the thought of being able to put the Rancor pit underneath it brings great joy to my heart.