Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

nominal posted:

I hope somebody got a picture of the can of 10-year old Harley Davidson lager!

Aww yeah I did.

(Click for huge.)

Not pictured: An empty bottle of Jolly Pumpkin Collababeire that goon Afire brought home with her, and a growler of homebrew from Huge_Midget.

Thanks to everyone who came! Huge_Midget & co, did you guys made it to any beer stores on the way out of town?

I think my favorite of the night was the Gilgamesh. The 2012 Dark Lord was just incredibly sweet, too sweet for me honestly. Also I think I hated the Frangelic Mountain Brown, the hazelnut was just too overpowering and frankly disgusting. I've got a bottle of it leftover myself so....maybe if I age it a bit it will get less nasty?

Also, there were some beers left behind, which I believe was intentional, but I found a Teddy Bear Kisses in my main fridge that I'm thinking was not. Who's is it and how do you want me to get it back to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have to take back what I said about Sly Fox "not being nearly as good as Victory." I finally made it to SF's tasting room yesterday, and it's a great place. Didn't try any food, but they've got a pizza oven, and that is promising. I tried a few samples and got a flight of six. I had:

Dunkel Lager
Saison Vos
Chester County Brown
Oatmeal Stout
Homefront IPA
Hefeweizen Bock
Slacker Doppelbock
Charles Bridge Pilsner

Of those I'd only had the Dunkel before. I was impressed with everything but the oatmeal stout, which I thought was lacking in body. The taste was right, it was just thinner, maybe more watery than I like my oatmeal stouts. The CC Brown was a solid, good brown ale, same for the CB Pilsner, not exemplary but good! The hefe bock was interesting, the guy admitted that it was something they basically made up. To me it ended up tasting actually a lot like Victory's V-12, very good. My favorite was probably the Homefront IPA, their West Coast style IPA. I kept coming back to it and ended up bringing home a growler of it.

I can see myself going there a whole lot, especially if the food is good.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, sure there's probably brewing yeast in my snot too, it doesn't mean it's not gross and bad taste to try and isolate some yeast from it. It's just gross and lowbrow.

What are your thoughts on Beer Geek Brunch Weasel?

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

air- posted:

Found a 2012 Goose Island Juliet last night and immediately drank it. The aroma is really bright and matches with the prominent blackberry sour flavor. Aggressive tartness and a ton of complex fruit notes (maybe grape/plum?), while there's varying peaks of sour as it's sitting in the mouth. Amazing beer, and I'm real glad I found it for $15.

Good price on that, if you see any more at that price you should probably snatch them up.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

dphi posted:

What are your thoughts on Beer Geek Brunch Weasel?

I know this isn't directed at me but... The cognac edition is one of my favorite beers I've had in a while. Delicious if wayyyy expensive. But the process for that coffee is widely accepted as being sanitary. That's something different than Rogue's trolling.

Had a hell of a beer day yesterday. Started with 2012 Dark Lord. My first DL, and I completely agree that it's overly sweet. Seems like it could be great in a couple years. Also opened a bottle of 2011 Black Ops and this year's Parabola. The former was a bit more bitter than I expected, with a slow building booze heat. Good but I don't think I'll search it out. Parabola was great as always. Then we hit a tapping of Black Note (crazyfish met up). Only BCS is a better BA'd stout in my opinion. So loving good. Also had BA'd Kentucky Common from Local Option. A sour with oak-bourbon back end. Chicago people should search for it. And closed with Double Galactic Daisy Cutter. Needless to say, drunk.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants

Capt_Jaegerbomb posted:

Dry Dock also has a home brewers shop next door called the Brew Hut. They have regular tastings of all the different beers, wines and meads that the locals brew.

They are actually the same company. Just a few years ago the brewery was in the backroom of the Brew Hut. Even when they got their first tap system in place, it was a tiny little set up and you had to walk through the store to use the bathroom. I think that nasty old popcorn machine is the only thing they haven't changed.

I don't know how familiar you are with all the brewpubs, but Oskar Blues Liquids and Solids is easily one of the best places to get a burger n beer in the Front Range. Huge tap list that goes way beyond OB's regular beers (unlike the Lyons location), limited release OB beers, and lots of awesome guest taps. Not to mention the food is great.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just went to that liquor store that I posted about earlier. They didn't have the greatest selection, but I did end up getting some Founders Centennial IPA and also picked up he'brew hop manna bomber for $6. Drinking the bomber now and it is pretty good. Can't wait to try the Founders in a bit.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Sirotan posted:

Aww yeah I did.

(Click for huge.)

Not pictured: An empty bottle of Jolly Pumpkin Collababeire that goon Afire brought home with her, and a growler of homebrew from Huge_Midget.

Thanks to everyone who came! Huge_Midget & co, did you guys made it to any beer stores on the way out of town?

I think my favorite of the night was the Gilgamesh. The 2012 Dark Lord was just incredibly sweet, too sweet for me honestly. Also I think I hated the Frangelic Mountain Brown, the hazelnut was just too overpowering and frankly disgusting. I've got a bottle of it leftover myself so....maybe if I age it a bit it will get less nasty?

Also, there were some beers left behind, which I believe was intentional, but I found a Teddy Bear Kisses in my main fridge that I'm thinking was not. Who's is it and how do you want me to get it back to you?

Keep the Teddy Bear Kisses, it's yours. We stopped at the Super Liquor 4 and while it has a pretty nice selection, they only had JP Oro. Plum market was closed by the time we would have got there.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Huge_Midget posted:

Keep the Teddy Bear Kisses, it's yours. We stopped at the Super Liquor 4 and while it has a pretty nice selection, they only had JP Oro. Plum market was closed by the time we would have got there.

Well thanks, that's awfully nice of you.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sirotan posted:

Aww yeah I did.

(Click for huge.)

The tasting was awesome and thanks for being a great host. Hopefully we'll do it again in the near future and next time I'll remember to take some pictures.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sirotan posted:

Aww yeah I did.

(Click for huge.)

The Yuengling can just chilling next to all that stuff cracks me up.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I recall SUPER HASSLER posted about Lovejoy's a little over a week ago, so hate to share the unfortunate news.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Podima posted:

The Yuengling can just chilling next to all that stuff cracks me up.

I think that one might have been 10 years old. The only non-goon there brought it along the Harley beer, both of which were found in his dad's garage. The Harley beer was actually not completely repulsive. That or I was too far gone to taste anything at that point.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

Sirotan posted:

Aww yeah I did.

(Click for huge.)
Also I think I hated the Frangelic Mountain Brown, the hazelnut was just too overpowering and frankly disgusting. I've got a bottle of it leftover myself so....maybe if I age it a bit it will get less nasty?

I had it for the first time today, as I love hazelnut flavors, I loved this beer. Was worth the $10/10oz pour.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

air- posted:

I recall SUPER HASSLER posted about Lovejoy's a little over a week ago, so hate to share the unfortunate news.

Aww that sucks. No doubt the most authentically divey beer joint I've ever been to. I'll try to squeeze a last visit in.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

danbanana posted:

I know this isn't directed at me but... The cognac edition is one of my favorite beers I've had in a while. Delicious if wayyyy expensive. But the process for that coffee is widely accepted as being sanitary. That's something different than Rogue's trolling.

Um...it's as "sanitary" as any other sort of yeast strain. It's not like they're scraping skin off his face and dumping it in the wort, it's a strain that they've isolated.

Have you ever seen how lambics are made? "Sanitary" doesn't so much enter into it. Hot wort's dumped into a shallow tank, the steam hits the roof, condenses on the 100-year-old timbers, picks up a load of endemic yeast and bacteria, and drips back down into the cooling wort. Meanwhile they've opened up slats in the roof to let airborne crud drift in. There are tiny little flies buzzing around every cork in every bung of every barrel. And that's some of the best beer in the world.

Please, explain the line where berries that come out a cat's rear end are on the "sanitary" side of it and yeast isolated and cultured in a sterile laboratory setting is "unsanitary". Is this like homeopathy, where substances somehow remember what other substances they used to be in contact with and carry along their magical essence, or what?

I could give two shits where a yeast strain comes from, if the beer tastes good. And if the beer doesn't taste good, I don't care that it was made with the yeast from Jesus's Last Supper wine cup.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Phanatic posted:

Um...it's as "sanitary" as any other sort of yeast strain. It's not like they're scraping skin off his face and dumping it in the wort, it's a strain that they've isolated.

Have you ever seen how lambics are made? "Sanitary" doesn't so much enter into it. Hot wort's dumped into a shallow tank, the steam hits the roof, condenses on the 100-year-old timbers, picks up a load of endemic yeast and bacteria, and drips back down into the cooling wort. Meanwhile they've opened up slats in the roof to let airborne crud drift in. There are tiny little flies buzzing around every cork in every bung of every barrel. And that's some of the best beer in the world.

Please, explain the line where berries that come out a cat's rear end are on the "sanitary" side of it and yeast isolated and cultured in a sterile laboratory setting is "unsanitary". Is this like homeopathy, where substances somehow remember what other substances they used to be in contact with and carry along their magical essence, or what?

I could give two shits where a yeast strain comes from, if the beer tastes good. And if the beer doesn't taste good, I don't care that it was made with the yeast from Jesus's Last Supper wine cup.

Holy poo poo! Someone on the internet putting words in some other internet user's mouth! It's been a while since I experienced this!

I never said Rogue's poo poo was "unstanitary." I simply said that the kopi luwak is. But thanks for the beer lesson. And the lesson in being a loving rear end in a top hat.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Rogue is dead to me because they make terrible, over-priced beers. The maple bacon doughnut bullshit was the last chance I gave them. I mean, honestly, there is one beer from Rogue that I like -- the St. Rogue's dry-hopped red ale. Everything else is below par.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

escape artist posted:

Rogue is dead to me because they make terrible, over-priced beers. The maple bacon doughnut bullshit was the last chance I gave them. I mean, honestly, there is one beer from Rogue that I like -- the St. Rogue's dry-hopped red ale. Everything else is below par.

Yeah. I'm not *optimistic* about facebeer.

danbanana posted:

Holy poo poo! Someone on the internet putting words in some other internet user's mouth! It's been a while since I experienced this!

I never said Rogue's poo poo was "unstanitary." I simply said that the kopi luwak is. But thanks for the beer lesson. And the lesson in being a loving rear end in a top hat.

You said that the coffee is "widely accepted as being sanitary. That's something different than Rogue's trolling." That's an odd way to put it if you didn't mean to say that Rogue's beer is unsanitary. I apologize if I misunderstood and came down on you.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 16, 2012

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Phanatic posted:

You said that the coffee is "widely accepted as being sanitary. That's something different than Rogue's trolling." That's an odd way to put it if you didn't mean to say that Rogue's beer is unsanitary. I apologize if I misunderstood and came down on you.

Nah. I reacted badly. Sorry about the "loving rear end in a top hat" comment.

But to clarify my point: Rogue's "facebeer" or whatever is a marketing ploy to get people to go "OMG GROSSSS!!!" even if it isn't that different than standard yeast culture. And based on people still buying the widely reviled Voodoo Maple Bullshit, I have a feeling it's gonna be a hit. And that pisses me off, not because it's going to be bad (though it likely is) but because people are buying it because of the gimmick. They're trolling for sales and for whatever reason, it's working.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

danbanana posted:

But to clarify my point: Rogue's "facebeer" or whatever is a marketing ploy to get people to go "OMG GROSSSS!!!" even if it isn't that different than standard yeast culture. And based on people still buying the widely reviled Voodoo Maple Bullshit, I have a feeling it's gonna be a hit. And that pisses me off, not because it's going to be bad (though it likely is) but because people are buying it because of the gimmick. They're trolling for sales and for whatever reason, it's working.

yeah, but so does every other company- they don't have the marketing budget of, say, McDonald's, so they create something so weird/gross that everybody is going to be talking about it, not to mention is maintains their edgy, on in your face image. people are so cynical about ads nowadays that companies will do whatever to get into the public's consciousness.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Went to the Bell's Black Note thing at Mellow Mushroom in Greensboro after all, and it was pretty great! Not as bad of a crowd as I feared. Had to wait an hour for a table, but that just meant time for beer and appetizers at the bar.

Black Note is very, very on point...just excellently put together. Bourbon up front without it being overpowering and a nice chocolate note underneath is all. Very smooth and drinkable, and two of them got me insanely buzzed.

Once we got seated, I tried Lonerider's saison, The Preacher. Way too much banana for me, and wasn't nearly as dry and crisp as I'd prefer. Not up my alley, and I probably should have gotten a 3rd Black Note instead!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Phanatic posted:

As I said, my repulsion has little to do with sanitation and more to do with the company just being boorish trolls.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Holy Jesus, apparently poo poo just got real between Shaun Hill and Ebay.

http://beerpulse.com/2012/07/hill-farmstead-brewery-tackles-reselling-of-its-beers-on-ebay/

There's some pro and con arguments over on HF's Facebook page, check this one out:

quote:

If you see Hill Farmstead beer, or any other craft beer for that matter, as something you "own" and as "property" you don't deserve to drink it and you sure as hell have missed the point of what is important about craft beer. Once you purchase it you must understand that what transpired was not merely a monetary transaction but a pact between you and the brewer that you will uphold the intergrity of his work and that you will respect what it took for him to put that beer in your hands. Try thinking with your mind instead of your wallet.

That's a troll, right? That's got to be a troll. Did I just enter into eternal blood pacts with a half dozen brewers when I built my own six-pack at Pinocchio's last night?

Edit: Gotta clarify that the quote above there isn't from Shaun Hill, it's from someone on FB who has either mastered internet sarcasm or is a grade A sycophant.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 17, 2012

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Phanatic posted:

http://beerpulse.com/2012/07/hill-farmstead-brewery-tackles-reselling-of-its-beers-on-ebay/

That's a troll, right? That's got to be a troll. Did I just enter into eternal blood pacts with a half dozen brewers when I built my own six-pack at Pinocchio's last night?

quote:

Anyone caught selling our beer illegally on Ebay will be forever banned from our brewery and will be served a cease and desist letter from our lawyer for trademark infringement.

Trademark infringement for reselling goods on ebay? :laugh:

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 17, 2012

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Phanatic posted:

There's some pro and con arguments over on HF's Facebook page, check this one out:

I have little sympathy for breweries that do hype releases and then complain that people sold them. Don't do super exclusive hype releases if you don't want the free loving market to value it so high.

This brewer sounds like a total pompous, self-righteous rear end in a top hat, too. It's not even a debatable subject. Food products aren't intangible property. His legal argument about trademarks is quite literally incoherent.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 17, 2012

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

^^^ actually, he's a very small brewer that pretty much does no-hype releases, but beer geeks go apeshit for them and BA sperglords must have them, so there you have it. also, he's friends with one or two people that post in this thread, so...

Phanatic posted:

hahaha, reminds me of the "Am I loving being baptized by Voltron?" GYWO strip. i mean, i think selling beer on ebay is pretty much bullshit, but once i pay for something, i think it's generally considered to be my property, right? if he wants to talk about ebay turning a blind eye to what are obviously illegal sales of alcohol, then he's got a point.

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 17, 2012

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

hahaha, reminds me of the "Am I loving being baptized by Voltron?" GYWO strip. i mean, i think selling beer on ebay is pretty much bullshit, but once i pay for something, i think it's generally considered to be my property, right? if he wants to talk about ebay turning a blind eye to what are obviously illegal sales of alcohol, then he's got a point.

This.

I think it's lovely that there are people who go to releases with profit in mind. 15 minutes after Flossmoor Station started distributing this year's Barrel Aged Hi-Fi Rye, we were seeing bottles pop up on ebay at $75 a pop (5x purchase price). We hadn't even gotten our allocated bottles yet...

But that's that dude's perogative. Ebay's policies not withstanding, when I buy something? It's mine. And I'm well within my rights to sell it for whatever value the market sets for it.

By the way, I've got a Kindle Fire and a netbook on sale on SA Mart. I hope Amazon or Dell don't get pissy about that...

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
I think the guy is justified in being angry, but publicizing peoples' ebay postings isn't exactly the best way to go about expressing his anger. He isn't going to shame anyone into stopping this type of trade, so why get all worked up about it? This isn't a new problem, and he certainly isn't going to get anyone to stop.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
I'm fathomed as to why this guy thinks that sending his beer across the country is "taking [it] away". What I fly out to Cali for a release? This guy sounds like a real control freak. If he wants to be so sure that only locals who drive to the brewery can enjoy a beer, then serve it only on tap. Or stamp each bottle and force buyers to sign a No Resale agreement.

The guy seems to be making GBS threads himself over the fact that running a business is fundamentally different from being in a homebrew club. I doubt he would make his beer at a loss, so it's more than a little whiny and hypocritical for him to be upset that other people are treating his beer as valuable property. Really, he just comes off as envious that he didn't get to charge as much. Well, maybe he should. I like when good beer is cheap, but it's also ridiculous to expect people to sell a good product under its apparent value.

And in other news, I'm really enjoying this growler of Oxbow Freestyle #6. Light, summery, spicy hops, and just a touch of that medium male heaviness.

CalvinDooglas fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 17, 2012

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Bought a 4-pack of Lake Erie Monster tonight. I knew it would be probably 6 weeks old but wow... This stuff falls off the planet with a little age. All I get is sweetness and a dull hops back end. Date on the bottles say "Best by 8/13/12." They're more than a month off on that one. Sucks, 'cause this is solid stuff when fresh.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Jack White realized how this works. If the market price for a vinyl release is $300, then if you sell records for $20 bucks what's going to happen is that resellers will buy all your vinyl at $20 and flip it on ebay for $300. So the end result is that the people who are willing to buy your records at $300 still get records, but you only get $20/copy and some reseller gets $280. If instead you sell the records for $300 you price the resellers out of the market and the artist makes that extra money instead.

It's cool that Shaun doesn't want to sell $250 bottles of beer, but if he's going to sell below market price then people are going to resell. One guy on the Facebook thread seriously suggested that he could laser-etch serial numbers into each bottle, make customers leave a $100 deposit, and then when they bring the bottle back make sure the S/N on their bottle matches the one that was sold to them. If he goes down that road, that's sure one hell of a lot of time spent on *not brewing beer*.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 17, 2012

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

funkybottoms posted:

^^^ actually, he's a very small brewer that pretty much does no-hype releases, but beer geeks go apeshit for them and BA sperglords must have them, so there you have it. also, he's friends with one or two people that post in this thread, so...

What are you trying to say? He's friends with "one or two people in this thread" so I should pretend like what he's saying is not legally and logically suspect? He's selling a food product. It doesn't make any sense to argue its trademark infrigement to sell your goods because your company name is on them. Moreover, he's railing against totally basic economics.

Given the main brewery page has multiple announcements of limited edition, numbered releases it seems like a reasonable conclusion to believe its a hype release brewery.

Whether he's a good guy or not, I don't know. I understand the sentiment, but that doesn't mean the argument necessarily makes sense.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 17, 2012

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Phanatic posted:

It's cool that Shaun doesn't want to sell $250 bottles of beer, but if he's going to sell below market price then people are going to resell. One guy on the Facebook thread seriously suggested that he could laser-etch serial numbers into each bottle, make customers leave a $100 deposit, and then when they bring the bottle back make sure the S/N on their bottle matches the one that was sold to them. If he goes down that road, that's sure one hell of a lot of time spent on *not brewing beer*.

Shaun is a great brewer and there's a reason why his beer is getting so much acclaim, but he really needs to just drop his war against people selling his beer on eBay. It just makes him look like a control freak and he needs to accept the fact that his beers are highly sought after. It's a losing battle.

If he really wants to curb it, he needs to up production and distribute more.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 17, 2012

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Angry Grimace posted:

Given the main brewery page has multiple announcements of limited edition, numbered releases it seems like a reasonable conclusion to believe its a hype release brewery.

Yup. If you're pissed that your product is sold as a collector's item, don't advertise it as one.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Corbet posted:

Shaun is a great brewer and there's a reason why his beer is getting so much acclaim, but he really needs to just drop his war against people selling his beer on eBay. It just makes him look like a control free and he needs to accept the fact that his beers are highly sought after. It's a losing battle.

I really can't even figure out what he's doing, it's literally incoherent. He just said something about "Perhaps our brewery is Un-American - perhaps we don't believe in the 'endless boundless growth' that most other businesses seems to embrace." So, wait, do you want people to drink your beer, or not to drink your beer? Because if you want people to drink your beer, why wouldn't you want to grow and make that possible? But he doesn't want to grow and get his beer into the hands of a wider audience, so why spend all this time worrying about a few people on Ebay?

I figured threatening to sic lawyers on people over a poor understanding of the law is pretty damned American, myself. I can't figure this out at all. It's as if he has some sort of innate aversion to profit, like making money is inherently immoral or something, so he's trying to make beer unfettered by all that corporate stuff, but wait, he has a lawyer all prepped to send out baseless cease-and-desist threats? I've met the guy, and he did not come off as such a douche in person as he's coming across on the internet.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Phanatic posted:

I've met the guy, and he did not come off as such a douche in person as he's coming across on the internet.

On the positive side, I'd never heard of his brewery until now. No such thing as bad pub, right?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

In fairness, this isn't exclusive to him. Alpine's Pat McIllhenny is rather crazy about it too, and I think he's wrong and illogical also. I really like Alpine, but they do their share of hype releases.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

What are you trying to say? He's friends with "one or two people in this thread" so I should pretend like what he's saying is not legally and logically suspect? He's selling a food product. It doesn't make any sense to argue its trademark infrigement to sell your goods because your company name is on them. Moreover, he's railing against totally basic economics.

not arguing with anybody's points, just thought people might want to be a little more diplomatic about how they stated them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Corbet posted:

Well, I mean, I don't know much about the brewery but I doubt this is something he can magically make happen over night.

Phanatic posted:

why wouldn't you want to grow and make that possible? But he doesn't want to grow and get his beer into the hands of a wider audience

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.

Also I wish people would start calling them what they are, "releases of beer that aren't feasible to brew year round, but we like to brew them on occasion," instead of "hype beers." I hate that term really because it's only the nerds hyping them, rarely the breweries.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 17, 2012