Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I would marry a black woman. Or white. or asian hispanic arabic roma I'm lonely :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I met a 1/5th Roma girl a few weeks back.

Dunno how that works but w/e

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

For what it's worth, my friends in DC say there's a lot of pressure to marry black women and form ~Black Power Couples~ to take back DC from the cultural hegemony.

Well the Marion Barry plan isn't getting it done.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

For what it's worth, my friends in DC say there's a lot of pressure to marry black women and form ~Black Power Couples~ to take back DC from the cultural hegemony.

Gotta agree with this. There's a lot of societal factors at play here. When I originally read the comment, I didn't see it as racist so much as the interpretation that Marketing New Brain had.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Marketing New Brain posted:

Are people really reading that as being anti-interracial marriage? I see it more as someone opining about a complex issue, like how high profile members of the black community disproportionately dating/marrying white women sets them up as status symbols and devalues black women. The poster is dismayed at the overall effect these types of marriages have, not at the marriages themselves or RGIII's in particular, if that makes any sense?

I love this thread for the abhorrent opinions, not so much the opinions I disagree with but ultimately could see how someone arrived at them.

Like I said, I realize its a cultural issue and not racial but its unfair to say something like that just because "hes a celebrity and should be more conscious." Its also very insulting to the fiancee (Rebecca Lidicoat), its sound like he picked her up at a dealership or something.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

commy gun posted:

Like I said, I realize its a cultural issue and not racial but its unfair to say something like that just because hes a celebrity. Its more insulting to the fiancee (Rebecca Lidicoat) really, he makes it sound like he picked up her at a dealership or something.

I didn't get the impression that the writer thought that RGIII picked her from a lineup or anything like that. I also think that that the kind of person who says this kinda thing about a celebrity probably also says it about people that he/she knows in real life.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm marrying a black woman so that I'm safe during Obummer's race war. Plus when our kids act up I can say I'll smack the black off them and it will be funny and not racist.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
:laffo: You're living the dream

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
When I dated a black girl in college I learned real fast which of my friends to not hang around with anymore.

I'll never forget a completely deadpan: "what if your parents find out?!"

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Here's one.

quote:

The point you keep forgetting is that Paterno doesn't know about any child molestation. All he "knows" is that McQueary made an accusation about Sandunsky doing something in a shower with a kid. Paterno had no first hand knowledge of child molestation, and I'm imagining that when Paterno confronted Sandusky about it, Sandusky denied it. So all Paterno would have had is a "he said, she said" about a kid that to this day nobody can even prove exists about an alleged incident Paterno didn't witness. The only thing Paterno could report to the authorities is that McQueary told him something, and the authorities would then go to McQueary. So what the gently caress are you putting this on Paterno for? If anybody should have gone to the cops, it was McQueary. McQueary is the one making the allegations. The onus is on him, not anybody else.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ok...

First of all, why are meetings about child rape back in 98 being sent via email? Shouldn't that stuff be done face to face with someone transcribing the events? This isn't exactly something that is discussed via EMAIL...

Second of all - ill play the conspiracy card :p

If person 1 and person 3 are sending emails back and forth about person 2, indicating that person 2 is involved, does it make it true? I could type emails about someone all day saying I am in constant communication with them, when in fact, I have never spoken to them at all. Not having ANY reply from Joe here in written form or transcribed by a secretary of some sort, leaves this open for a lot of speculation.

Isn't it possible they saw this being a criminal investigation years down the road, so they planted the seeds of the head coach knowing to actively use him as a scapegoat years down the road? With these guys, NOTHING is impossible.

And to the people saying they had to reason to lie back then? There is never a reason to lie about child rape. If they did it in front of a jury, they sure as hell would do it back then when they had no consequences.

Do I honestly think Joe knew? Yes, I think he did. This report did not prove anything to me though. Emails can be faked, names can be added at will, etc... That doesn't mean the party involved even knew they were being sent or knew of the content.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why didn't Joe Pa respond to the e-mails back in 1998??!?! Surely the man who claimed he doesn't text message (back in like 06 I think) would be e-mailing people a mere 8 years later.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Kalli posted:

Ok...

First of all, why are meetings about child rape back in 98 being sent via email? Shouldn't that stuff be done face to face with someone transcribing the events? This isn't exactly something that is discussed via EMAIL...

Second of all - ill play the conspiracy card :p

If person 1 and person 3 are sending emails back and forth about person 2, indicating that person 2 is involved, does it make it true? I could type emails about someone all day saying I am in constant communication with them, when in fact, I have never spoken to them at all. Not having ANY reply from Joe here in written form or transcribed by a secretary of some sort, leaves this open for a lot of speculation.

Isn't it possible they saw this being a criminal investigation years down the road, so they planted the seeds of the head coach knowing to actively use him as a scapegoat years down the road? With these guys, NOTHING is impossible.

And to the people saying they had to reason to lie back then? There is never a reason to lie about child rape. If they did it in front of a jury, they sure as hell would do it back then when they had no consequences.

Do I honestly think Joe knew? Yes, I think he did. This report did not prove anything to me though. Emails can be faked, names can be added at will, etc... That doesn't mean the party involved even knew they were being sent or knew of the content.

Alright.

Here's what I think. I think that the BOT were tired of Joe Paterno. I really do. Here is my conspiracy theory. I believe that they hired some crackpot computer hacker to edit some emails, edit the time stamp, and place those emails on the server. Think about it, why would Joe Paterno, a man who had infinite integrity, would cover up child molestation. I really think that they wanted to get a big time coach. The Penn State BOT had a backroom meeting and wanted to get a fresh face for the university. I think they wanted to help expose Joe Paterno before Urban Meyer signed with Ohio State. I think that they were about the have some unknown party hand off the information about Sandusky. Then the negotions fell through and Urban Meyer signed with Ohio State. Then they decided to hold off.

Flash forward to October of last year. Lets say that they wanted a fresh face, up and coming coach that had ties to the Penn State program. They decided to go ahead and leak the information about Sandusky to get the ball rolling. They wanted to get none other than Al Golden. Yep, Al Golden was in negotions Penn State then Thug U decided to give him a lifetime extension. The cat was already out of the bag and Paterno's name was about to surface that he had a hand covering up, curtousey of the crackpot hacker that the Penn State bot came up.

Now, Penn State wanted to disgrace the greatest man ever with the Freeh report. They wanted to make sure his legacy is whipped from the record books forever. So they assisted with Freeh so that they can make sure Paterno will looked upon as the villian, instead of the janitors, sandusky, and the other nuckleheads that had a hand in this. Take my word about it, Paterno is 500% innocent.

You know how he's innocent? He's old as poo poo and didn't know how to use a computer back then. Why would he start now by sending incriminating emails, think about it. And why would he send text messages, when he can't even email. Think about it people.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I burst out laughing when I reached to him saying that the janitors are being protected by this

edit: I found that scout forum

quote:

playdrums wrote: The tail is wagging the dog. The buck didn't stop with Paterno. Even if Paterno knew everything under the sun, he did not have any decision-making authority in "what to do" with Sandusky. Even if Paterno was granted ANY opinion on the matter, that was also the fault of those above him in authority.

That Curley, or Shultz, or Spanier even thought they should take any kind of an "investigative" role is a condemnation of them. That Curley thought he needed any kind of consul from the head football coach, is a condemnation of him. That the head football coach would even be in a conversation about what to do with an accusation related to child assault is a huge lapse in judgment of those above him. Even if you're the type to cynically assume the worst and to you Joe Paterno was a self-serving *** who cared nothing about kids getting assaulted, he still did not have any authority over what PSU did with the information they had. Even if Joe was the devil incarnate, his opinion should not have been entertained in any way, shape, or form. They received the report. They had a singular responsibility regardless before they even considered the validity of the charges. Report.

Regardless of what anyone here personally thinks Joe did or did not know, he is now simply a convenient target because he is dead. It's easy to take the heat off of others and place it on the dead guy. That Joe is now everyone's focus, is by design.

Anyone who knows me knows I wish Joe had retired long before he did. I was very critical of him in the performance of his job. But, in this situation, the tail is wagging the dog and everyone is along for the ride.

Okay I think that should be it because you could fill this thread with 50 pages of this poo poo. These guys are all in some serious denial.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 14, 2012

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Oh there's more.

quote:

Freeh report is notable in two respects. First, the complete lack of any evidence Paterno did anything wrong (through Freeh, per his m.o, does make baseless accusations) and second, the lack of any criticism of the only person who actually claims to have witnessed a kid getting raped. Freeh damns Paterno on nothing more than his own personal theory unsupported by any evidence, but gives the guy who saw a kid getting raped and responded by slamming a door and running away a total pass.

quote:

Paterno reported the information to the Administration the next business day. So basically your entire indictment of Paterno rests on this ever so brief delay in reporting a situation he didn't even know was true or not and in any event nobody could have done anything about (to this day, no "shower victim" has come forward despite the overwhelming financial incentive to do so). I get the whole "green and orange" glasses and how its fun to rag on other schools. But turning child abuse in to some kind of fanboy game is pretty low. Common decency holds that you should at least wait until football season starts before you start treating the thing like one big joke.

And btw the line you quoted isn't- that isn't "per Jo Pa to McQueary". It is what McQueary claims Joe Pa said in his recollection of the conversation ten years after the fact. In assessing the accuracy of McQueary's memory it is probably important to note he was off on the date of the incident by an entire year and when assessing his veracity note that he told all his family and friends that he contacted the police and put a stop to Sandusky's behavior despite never doing anything of the sort.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Boo This Man posted:

You know how he's innocent? He's old as poo poo and didn't know how to use a computer back then. Why would he start now by sending incriminating emails, think about it. And why would he send text messages, when he can't even email. Think about it people.
Could buy this tbh

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Could buy this tbh

I might need to start trolling on Audibles.

PizzaDelivery
Jun 25, 2007
Not delivering pizzas since 1988

JT Jag posted:

Could buy this tbh

Except that he once Skyped a recruit, and at some point (reportedly) told his coaches to actively use Twitter, specifically in recruiting.

Boo This Man posted:

I might need to start trolling on Audibles.

Because it needs more of that, right?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I feel like posting of Sandusky related stuff in this thread is just a big mistake. We already know there are people with dumb opinions on it, and it would literally dominate the thread. Lets just stick to posts calling Dilfer the QB of the decade and on why Farve should come back and start over Rodgers. If you want bad Penn State posting, you can just look at the GBS thread. Or don't.

PizzaDelivery
Jun 25, 2007

swickles posted:

I feel like posting of Sandusky related stuff in this thread is just a big mistake. We already know there are people with dumb opinions on it, and it would literally dominate the thread. Lets just stick to posts calling Dilfer the QB of the decade and on why Farve should come back and start over Rodgers. If you want bad Penn State posting, you can just look at the GBS thread. Or don't.

If you really wanted, you can PM me, and I'll make you want to blow your brains out!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it's worth pointing out that the thread I pulled that from contained a majority of Penn State fans who had changed their mind and want nothing to do with Joe Pa's legacy now. But yeah, in a world where people donate money to Drew Brees, we can probably pull away from this for a bit.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

swickles posted:

Agreed. Here's some minor dumbness about the Panthers.

quote:

I think that Carolina Is very special this year and should stay as far from the radar as possible. I think that they should pick up Terrell Owens and hold him strictly accountable to Carolina standards and turn him into a tight end 2nd string 1st and allow him to prove that he is thankful for the chance to play in Carolina and the NFL. This would really scare some tams. it would give our quarterbacks a check down heaven and a nightmare for other teams defensive coaches. they gave Shocky a chance
and as a die hard fan I know that Mr. Owens will show up. in closing I can see the run ending up on Super Bowl Sunday if we can just stay healthy. and become a close knitted team.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
"Stay under the radar" and "Terrell Owens" are not two phrases used in the same thought.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to put TO at tight end needs to be euthanized.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

quote:

I almost never comment on this site, but your comments "tizzlin" really bother me. Jimmy Clausen, yeah he had a horrible 2010, really isn't as bad as he may seem. I remember seeing him play at Notre Dame, and he made all the throws you would expect a pro to make. If you go back and watch the highlights from his rookie season, he wasn't skittish in the pocket like say David Carr. 1) He had a horrible coach, and QB's coach in his rookie season. 2) Gettis and Lafell were rookies, so he didn't have anyone to throw to besides Steve Smith, not even a tight end. Clausen only threw 4 INT's to 28 TD's in his junior year at Notre Dame. He's not a horrible quarterback, just wasn't put in a good situation with John Fox pretty much out the door. I actually thought he would've won the backup spot to Cam Newton last season based on his play in the preseason, which I thought wasn't too bad. Against the Giants he threw a pick, but then came right back and threw a nice deep ball for a TD to Greg Olsen. I think he sits this season and next and learns a heck of a lot of football, then ends up starting for someone after that. Don't be surprised if he turns out to be the next Drew Brees. Clausen struggled early on when he first got to Notre Dame, but then ended up having one heck of a junior year.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I think several teams including my own should sign TO. The Panthers would be an interesting idea. Tight end would not, and those fabled "Carolina standards" of punching teammates might actually be a low bar even for TO

Edit ^^^ hahahaha I didn't even think there were Clausen supporters out there

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
The Next Drew Brees

Edit: I don't care that it's been, like, 5 years. This picture still makes me laugh.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How Miami isn't willing to take a shot on TO, Plax or Chad Johnson

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
TFF still hoping for that Jeff George/Terrell Owens dream team

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

go3 posted:

TFF still hoping for that Jeff George/Terrell Owens dream team

We try not to think about what might have been. :(

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Morby posted:

We try not to think about what might have been. :(

The dream lives on. :911:

Meanwhile, on the subject of T.O. returning to the Cowboys (I don't know why either):

quote:

I don't care what no body say TO kepps it 100% real and his effort goes unquestioned on the grid iron. He prepeares and competes with the best of em. he doesn't get in off the field trouble no dui, no murders no dog fighting only baby mama drama which all men have that. Last time I checked TO didn't fumble the long snap in the Cowboys playoff game, TO didn't throw 3 picks in philly SB Game, TO didn't throw 20 INT w Bengals all he do was rack up 1000 yard seasons and entertain the people. I'm all for the signing of TO anywhere.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
I really want the Bears to sign TO. I would buy a jersey day one.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

The Incredible Ed posted:

I really want the Bears to sign TO. I would buy a jersey day one.

Surely you'd sign him as a 2nd string TE, right? You don't want him to get the wrong idea.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Morby posted:

Surely you'd sign him as a 2nd string TE, right? You don't want him to get the wrong idea.

He clearly would have to battle for the number 3 slot with Devin "Double Amputee" Hester and Johnny "Suddenly Fits in Luggage" Knox.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Martian Buddy posted:

(I don't know why either):

Because he rules and it would be awesome.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Regnevelc posted:

That poo poo's hilarious, who thinks of that.

I can imagine a stand up comedian gunning to winning the crowd.

"So what is with being gang-raped...?"

Quoted in light of recent controversies with Daniel Tosh

PizzaDelivery
Jun 25, 2007
Somebody has conveniently placed all the batshit crazy Penn State posts in one handy blogspot location:

http://notpsu.blogspot.com/

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

quote:

Back in the Joe Horn days I made the mistake of spelling Horn, Horne It was my first post didn't know much about a phc then don't know much know. Someone gave me such a hard time I didn't post for years.I come to this site at least 3 times a day.In the mourning at lunch and I only get 30 minutes a day lunch break.My wife has the site pulled up and waiting on me,and at least an hour in the evening.I know of alot of people just from reading there post.Needless to say I love this site.I am a huge Saints fan have been sense the Archie days.I am a Saints fan and only the Saints I hate the Falcons just like every body else.I had a friend at work ask me one time who else I liked ?I told him no one if the Saints an't playing I an't watching.After the Gaints won the Super Bowl in 08 my brother in law was giving me a hard time . He's a Eli fan .He told me " The Ring Is The Thing" I told him That alright Drew's get his this year.When we won I called him up and told him The Rings the Thing.He said yeah,yeah they played a good game.This year he was bragging again and I told him thats how it works The Gaints win one year the Saints the next.Now we need to do it.Come on lets be the first team to win a Super bowl at home ,Black and Gold in the Super Bowl!!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This doesn't seem bad so much as sad and stupidly optimistic. I kind of envy his optimism in a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That dude is like disarmingly wide-eyed but also pathetic. he's me

• Locked thread