Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, those are some of the cooler X2 bosses. Personally, I would go nuts over those dudes, Chill Penguin or Sting Chameleon. Hell, any of the X1 or X2 bosses. X4 had some cool bosses too, like Slash Beast and Cyber Peacock.

You forgot someone:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Gammatron 64 posted:

I know I may be a bit of a broken record here, but I think we're long overdue for another 3D Mega Man game. With all these grimdark gray shooter games, one that's colorful and cartoony would be a breath of fresh air.

I think we're long overdue for any sort of new Mega Man game.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I know I may be a bit of a broken record here, but I think we're long overdue for another 3D Mega Man game. With all these grimdark gray shooter games, one that's colorful and cartoony would be a breath of fresh air.

Is it any wonder why I was so bummed out like everyone else Legends 3 got cancelled? And I was never even a previous Legends fan.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

LemonLimeTime posted:

Could be an early mold?

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though. Why make a mold that is useless? Making a prototype statue of Sigma is kinda pointless if your goal is to make a fully articulated figure. I don't recall ever seeing any prototypes for the other MMX figures that were just statues. I'm thinking Bandai got lazy with this Sigma.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though. Why make a mold that is useless? Making a prototype statue of Sigma is kinda pointless if your goal is to make a fully articulated figure. I don't recall ever seeing any prototypes for the other MMX figures that were just statues. I'm thinking Bandai got lazy with this Sigma.

I will kick them in the dick if this is true. 16 years! 16 years I waited for this! :argh:

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

LemonLimeTime posted:

Can we talk about how amazing these are?

gently caress, these are like the figures I always wanted as a kid (asides from the X2 armor) and they are finally going to exist. I am so friggin excited.

Sweet Chozo gently caress, I want that Fake Zero loving seven years ago. That better not be some batshit rare edition or something.

A man can only dream for a version of that figure based off of Omega from Zero 3, using the X series armor.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Magil of Shadow posted:

A man can only dream for a version of that figure based off of Omega from Zero 3, using the X series armor.

Oh you mean like, what Capcom should have made Omega look like to have the story actually make some loving sense?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What're you talking about, a different art style totally justifies fundamentally changing the design of a loving robot without ever addressing the massive discrepancy, and then making GBS threads on a chance to tie everything up.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I must have missed something! Is this MMX6 chat? I stopped playing new Mega Man games with X5, though it was enjoyable in a shallow way.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They're talking about how Zero in the Zero series looks entirely different from how he did in X. Zero 3 brings in Omega, who revealed himself as Zero's original body or something, but he still looks like the new Zero. It would've made more sense if he used the original design.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

X is different in the new series too. It shows X as has having the little cloak/robe thing, and I'd assume Copy X is designed to look exactly like regular X, who likely never changed his look. It's just assumed that, due to the art shift, they always looked that way. I'm pretty sure that's was said in an official statement, too.

It's really not worth getting up in a huff about.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If I remember correctly, they even gave Omega a color scheme that more or less matched the palette the original Zero sprite used. It's pretty obvious that the visual differences are just the result of the artist they picked up for the Zero games.

You even see X's 'original body' in Zero 2 before stuff happens to it, and it looks different from the original art style.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

LemonLimeTime posted:

Is it any wonder why I was so bummed out like everyone else Legends 3 got cancelled? And I was never even a previous Legends fan.

E.X. Troopers looks like them taking a whole lot of the work put into Legends 3 into some weird thing set in the Lost Planet universe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

What're you talking about, a different art style totally justifies fundamentally changing the design of a loving robot without ever addressing the massive discrepancy, and then making GBS threads on a chance to tie everything up.

It does actually. It's pretty common for anything that changes art styles dramatically for the audience to assume that any differences are just how it always looked unless specifically stated otherwise.

(Not that the Zero art style isn't ugly as balls because it is.)

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I hope you guys are all supporting the MM franchise by buying the Archie-brand Megaman comic.

It's very good for what it is (a kid-friendly adaptation of the Megaman NES and GB plots.)

Just go buy it, if not for yourself then to show Capcom the franchise has life still. Give it to your kids if you're old enough.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

fivegears4reverse posted:

If I remember correctly, they even gave Omega a color scheme that more or less matched the palette the original Zero sprite used. It's pretty obvious that the visual differences are just the result of the artist they picked up for the Zero games.

You even see X's 'original body' in Zero 2 before stuff happens to it, and it looks different from the original art style.

Via the RMZ Official Works, Omega originally looked exactly like Zero's current body does, the darker coloration and hair were a result of him fully taking the Dark Elf into his systems or something. But yes, the visual differences are just because of the art style. 'In Universe', it's still Zero's X era body, just enhanced and powered up via Dr. Weil.

My comment was more, "I want an Omega Figure that isn't a garage kit", then "I hate the Zero designs, give me an Omega that looks like 'normal' Zero."

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Mister Roboto posted:

I hope you guys are all supporting the MM franchise by buying the Archie-brand Megaman comic.

It's very good for what it is (a kid-friendly adaptation of the Megaman NES and GB plots.)

Just go buy it, if not for yourself then to show Capcom the franchise has life still. Give it to your kids if you're old enough.

I've flipped through a few at local comic shops and the artwork is really good (the way MegaMan changes color when he switches weapons is especially neat) but I think it's written a bit too young for me to get into. No problem with that really since I think MegaMan should reach as general an audience as it can, but I'm too old and jaded and I just want my 16 bit X9 please.

I did think this was pretty cool though, even if the artwork could be a lot better. Hell yeah, strong female types:

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 15, 2012

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So Archie comics still have the good artist, and hire a lovely artist. I can't help but cringe at that lovely cover.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Shindragon posted:

So Archie comics still have the good artist, and hire a lovely artist. I can't help but cringe at that lovely cover.

Yeah I don't get it. All the artwork should just be this guy doing it:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They're also going to do a Sonic crossover. I'll wait for the trade paperback on that one.

As a kid, I always wanted a Mario/Sonic crossover game, but I did come to realize that Sonic/Mega Man would make a whole lot more sense.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Detective No. 27 posted:

They're also going to do a Sonic crossover. I'll wait for the trade paperback on that one.

As a kid, I always wanted a Mario/Sonic crossover game, but I did come to realize that Sonic/Mega Man would make a whole lot more sense.
Guy who lives on momentum vs. guy who has no momentum whatsoever?

Oh wait, franchises run way into the loving ground, hoping for Mega Man Generations then!

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mister Roboto posted:

I can't get into these comics though :(

I did, however, buy all of Megamix and Gigamix. It's both silly and serious, the art is pretty entertaining throughout. More importantly, Gigamix is an extended arc that covers MM3-7 and mixes the Stardroids from MM5 on the Gameboy. I kept waiting for Megaman to arm some sort of drill weapon and declare that he was going to pierce the heavens or shatter some delusions being lived under.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Simply Simon posted:

Oh wait, franchises run way into the loving ground, hoping for Mega Man Generations then!

Instead of having multiple Megamen, just have classic Megaman except he fights bosses from the X/Legends/BattleNetwork/Zero etc games. That would be pretty awesome I think.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Shindragon posted:

Eh, Chad Thomas isn't that bad, especially not compared to the guy doing the current arc. At least Thomas is consistent and not too off-model on things. Ideally I'd love the guy who worked on the Megaman 2 arc, Ben Bates, doing the whole thing.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Simply Simon posted:

Guy who lives on momentum vs. guy who has no momentum whatsoever?

That sounds like the best game ever. Wow.

Pick certain stages - one from each Megaman, more or less - and remix them for the right generation, and totally change it up for the other.

Guts Man as X? An 8-bit version of the Armored Armadillo stage? Oh man.

Hell, throw some EXE and Legends levels in there (you can play as X and MM still, sure) and I'd preorder it now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So that's what the facebook 100,000 Megaman L3 page was hyping about (and yes they did reach that goal)

A cross over between a joke of a franchise with a dead one, it could work. :v:

(Yes I know colors and SG is good, after how many lovely rear end titles?)

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
The Mega Man X Facebook page has been putting up all the Archie artwork for the Mega Man-Sonic crossover

This looks really awesome. I've never been one for comic books, but the artwork looks really interesting:

Shindragon posted:

So that's what the facebook 100,000 Megaman L3 page was hyping about (and yes they did reach that goal)

It's always funny when something like that happens, and then Capcom comes out and says, "Yeah. The fanbase isn't really there anymore. We're still making MvC, though!"

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 16, 2012

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Sonic and Mega Man are my two favorite videogame franchises and I used to love the Sonic Archie comics as a kid. I've been reading some of the Mega Man comics digitally, and they're good stuff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

Sonic and Mega Man are my two favorite videogame franchises and I used to love the Sonic Archie comics as a kid. I've been reading some of the Mega Man comics digitally, and they're good stuff.

Likes Sonic the Hedgehog, Megaman, and Transformers even now.

You've got battered person syndrome.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Captain Invictus posted:

Likes Sonic the Hedgehog, Megaman, and Transformers even now.

You've got battered person syndrome.

The only thing 'wrong' with liking Mega Man now is the lack of any new games recently, so I don't get what you're saying.

And Sonic's been making a comeback of late too.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Squirtle Squadee posted:

It's always funny when something like that happens, and then Capcom comes out and says, "Yeah. The fanbase isn't really there anymore. We're still making MvC, though!"

Yeah, but likes on a facebook page might not actually translate into actual support where Capcom needs it. But it's not just Megaman though, a lot of Japanese franchises are either being put into more Western hands or are just not being made. I was actually surprised when they announced Lords of Shadow 2 since I thought Castlevania as a franchise was dying a slow death.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah, but likes on a facebook page might not actually translate into actual support where Capcom needs it. But it's not just Megaman though, a lot of Japanese franchises are either being put into more Western hands or are just not being made. I was actually surprised when they announced Lords of Shadow 2 since I thought Castlevania as a franchise was dying a slow death.

Apparently LoS sold better than any other Castlevania ever.

It's sad to think of some of my favorite franchises as a child fading away because the JP's haven't been able to keep up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pureauthor posted:

The only thing 'wrong' with liking Mega Man now is the lack of any new games recently, so I don't get what you're saying.

And Sonic's been making a comeback of late too.

If you say so, man.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Sorry, as much as I like Mega Man I can't support anything that has to do with Sonic. Come on, how is that crossover not going to be cringe-worthy?

Edit: Also, E.X. Troopers does give me eerie vibes to Legends, which is weird because they went on record that the development had nothing to do in common.

Edit 2: vvv I'll concede.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 16, 2012

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Well, it has to be better than Sonic's Progressive insurance commercial.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Doom Goon posted:

Sorry, as much as I like Mega Man I can't support anything that has to do with Sonic. Come on, how is that crossover not going to be cringe-worthy?

It's only uncringe-worthy to those under 10, basically.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Speaking of Sonic crossovers, Sonic appears in the video game world in Disney's upcoming film Wreck-It Ralph, in an in-universe PSA about how if a video game character dies outside their own game, they die for real. There's too much screaming in the leaked video to be certain, making it Schrodinger's Hedgehog until the movie is released, but he possibly says "That's no good!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sonic might have cranked out a few good games recently, but the Sonic comic has always been and will always be a miserable cesspool with one of the worst fanbases in the history of the medium of comics. I don't really care about the Megaman comic (it's fine if you're a kid but I'm not) but I'm still kinda pissed it's crossing over with what might be the worst ongoing comic in the world.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I can read a story with a robot kid with a gun arm as the main character
I cannot read a story with a talking blue hedgehog as the main character

I probably won't read Megaman's comics anyway, unless they start rewriting X. That might be cool to see a western take on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I probably won't read Megaman's comics anyway, unless they start rewriting X. That might be cool to see a western take on.

It's been hinted at. Dr. Light's mentioned his intention to someday create a robot with true free will - a robot with Mega Man's missing X-factor. Also, Neige from the Zero series appeared in the first issue. If they're indeed the same person, he getting cryogenically frozen and waking up two centuries later could allow her to provide some interesting insight on the history of robotics.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 16, 2012