Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Uh oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Is there any reason why the arrow is NOT ==> for this update, though?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The arrow changed a couple times the last time she was dreaming.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Katia is dreaming she's a kitten again. Maybe we'll find out the origin of her fear of royalty?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Katia's response to the hole-in-her-body-check was great.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Katia's response to the hole-in-her-body-check was great.

I liked her reaction to the ludicrously detailed essay on fear and how you should love it.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Personally I like her braided hair. :nyoron: Good continuity nod!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

chiefnewo posted:

I liked her reaction to the ludicrously detailed essay on fear and how you should love it.
Katia's reactions to the viewers' commands/suggestions/analysis have always been fun to watch.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

The tooth panel is very cute.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Guess it must've been a baby tooth. I didn't realize cats lost those.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Cats don't stand on two legs and drink beer and cry either. This comic's portrayal of cats is unresearched and unrealistic.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I didn't realize cats lost those.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

For the record, cats, dogs, and many other mammals have baby teeth.

But Katia is no more a cat than I am a chimp, so...

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
The braids are adorable, but I don't really understand how that's happening. I just kind of assumed that the fur stops growing after a point.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Maybe Katia is just bald :ohdear:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There was a joke a while back that she had long hair but there was an incident where she was rendered completely bald and her hair is only just growing back.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

There was a joke a while back that she had long hair but there was an incident where she was rendered completely bald and her hair is only just growing back.

Well now we know what this character arc is going to be about.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Look at the window. Looks rather castle-y, doesn't it?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Soonmot posted:

Katia is dreaming she's a kitten again. Maybe we'll find out the origin of her fear of royalty?

I always assumed her fear of royalty was due to her having terrifying nightmare visions of not-Patrick Stewart all the time.

Leaping Mutton
Feb 27, 2010

What could go wrong?
I've been enjoying this so far. I like the way everything looks, especially during these dream sequences, though hopefully it goes better this time round. Keep up the good work Kaz.

On another note, would anyone be able to make an avatar worthy gif of Katia attempting to use her Night Eye in this update? I've been looking for something to use for a while.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

pandaK posted:

Well now we know what this character arc is going to be about.
At last, a beard so she can be a true wizard :swoon:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Cats have babby teeth, but more importantly, khajiit can and do grow glorious manes the likes of which even beard-obsessed nords are jealous of.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bobulus posted:

Look at the window. Looks rather castle-y, doesn't it?

Didn't she grow up in a castle?

Seems that it's full on flashback time. She's even acting like a child.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Dear lord, the art is just glorious. The use of greys... :swoon:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Cats have babby teeth, but more importantly, khajiit can and do grow glorious manes the likes of which even beard-obsessed nords are jealous of.

Manes are dude-cat territory.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This dream sequence has me hopeful that Katia isn't going to die some time soon. There's always been the hovering fear that since the story doesn't have any particular major arc or plot it could end at just about any time. The dream stuff however reinforces the idea of backstory and long-developing story threads that mean the comic will be around a while longer.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
KITTY KATIA IS SO CUTE!!!! :3:

AHem, hrm, well... yeah, that's really all I wanted to say. I do so love how she reacts to the extra holes question, and the way she bundles her fists up to concentrate is just :3:

The framing of the last panel is also really, really good, you can tell that there's a wall there even though we're seeing right through it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SatansBestBuddy posted:

KITTY KATIA IS SO CUTE!!!! :3:

If she has regressed to her childhood, she isn't Katia yet!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Leaping Mutton posted:

On another note, would anyone be able to make an avatar worthy gif of Katia attempting to use her Night Eye in this update? I've been looking for something to use for a while.

Leaping Mutton
Feb 27, 2010

What could go wrong?

:dance: Thank you! Is there anything you want in payment?

How about "Nothing can go wrong!" for a title?

Edit: Now I have choices. Hmm

Thanks to you both.

Leaping Mutton fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 15, 2012

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Blinking eye looked slow, so I sped it up...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Dear Kaz,

Please do not horribly dream-murder the dream-kitten.

Regards,

Everyone.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The comments on this update got really hosed up, really fast. From some dude writing up a lunatic expletive-salad essay to a whole bunch of people going "oh noooooo looks like Katia's about to get molested!!" with the kind of breathless "concern" that comes across as vaguely anticipatory, I can't help coming away from this feeling vaguely soiled. That's the last time I click the comments button, ugh.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Angry Diplomat posted:

The comments on this update got really hosed up, really fast. From some dude writing up a lunatic expletive-salad essay to a whole bunch of people going "oh noooooo looks like Katia's about to get molested!!" with the kind of breathless "concern" that comes across as vaguely anticipatory, I can't help coming away from this feeling vaguely soiled. That's the last time I click the comments button, ugh.

"Don't ever read the comments section" is generally a good rule of thumb on the internet. "Especially if there's pictures of any sort of female character," and "especially especially if she's young" are also good additions to that rule.

Also, seconding the :3: over this update.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Jesus christ. :smith:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Angry Diplomat posted:

I can't help coming away from this feeling vaguely soiled.

The entire webcomic is like this to me. It's well-written, and I want to know where the whole nightmare world/aristophobia will go, plus I was a big fan of TES, so I keep reading it... But Katia seems to be less of a character and more of a creature designed in a laboratory to maximize pity and emotional investment. The whole "furry + TES + MSPA = maximize fandom" thing, which cares more about numbers than the quality of the audience. The Jekyll & Hyde booze-sex thing. All the pineapples and yoyo in the fanart page; and even as the favicon, like it's condoning the creepers' obsession with the sex life of a cartoon catgirl. All these things are a bit skeevy to me.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
That Katia was designed to maximize pity in people who take this kind of comic too seriously is what makes her failings so funny to me.
Had she been a middle aged man or something it would have been just sad.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Yonic Symbolism posted:

That Katia was designed to maximize pity in people who take this kind of comic too seriously is what makes her failings so funny to me.
Had she been a middle aged man or something it would have been just sad.

It would have been Jimmy Corrigan.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Diplomat posted:

"oh noooooo looks like Katia's about to get molested!!" with the kind of breathless "concern" that comes across as vaguely anticipatory, I can't help coming away from this feeling vaguely soiled. That's the last time I click the comments button, ugh.

This happens in literally every comment page even the ones that weren't about katia at all. It's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

complete crap
Jul 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm looking forward to the note explaining why there haven't been updates, then another dead week, then a surprise flash.

• Locked thread