Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

raditts posted:

The costs of having him phone in a voice-acting job from the other side were just too expensive, I'm afraid.

Not to mention, the connection tends to be glitchy. :haw: But, I'll miss the man. Splinter isn't quite Splinter when he doesn't sound like Mako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Not to mention, the connection tends to be glitchy. :haw: But, I'll miss the man. Splinter isn't quite Splinter when he doesn't sound like Mako.

Mako only did the voice in one movie, so he's not really the voice I associate with Splinter anyway.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Deadpool posted:

Mako only did the voice in one movie, so he's not really the voice I associate with Splinter anyway.

Interestingly, you're right, and I'm not sure how I came to think otherwise!

But, the other voices have hit the same pitch, roughly--it's a certain je-nais-se-quois. So, maybe it's just a matter of being sufficiently "Mako-esque." The new voice has a different quality from what I'm used to.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I truly believe that Jeph wants to make humanity miserable.

Phineas and Pherb are going to get a new friend named Sam. And then he's going to die.

Some people say it's not funny to joke about, but the man has made it a running joke.

Of course maybe we'll luck out and this move will get Loeb pushed into ALL of Disney TV, and then superheroes will be safe again.

:( I just want my Avengers not to turn stupid.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

So how do y'all feel about this Dragons, Riders Of Berk business? I want to have high hopes, but the track record for cgi cartoons based on movies isn't that great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dvv4GGcNA

http://blog.cartoonnetwork.com/2012/07/16/dragons-takes-flight-at-san-diego-comic-con-2012/

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Magnus Condomus posted:

So how do y'all feel about this Dragons, Riders Of Berk business? I want to have high hopes, but the track record for cgi cartoons based on movies isn't that great.

http://blog.cartoonnetwork.com/2012/07/16/dragons-takes-flight-at-san-diego-comic-con-2012/

All I can think of with a title like that is Trap Door.

BERK, FEED ME!

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 19, 2012

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I am not ashamed to say that I love watching kids shows with my daughter. My favorites are Yo Gabba Gabba (awesome music) and Sesame Street (packed with hilarious jokes for adults, and comically bad acting.) They are her favorites too, but mostly just because she is in love with moono and ernie.

Ironically, barney is the only one I don't like.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Magnus Condomus posted:

I'm all for this, especialy after The WB canceled Dragon Riders of Pern after 3 episodes and Cartoon Network canceled Dragon hunters, so we greatly suffer from a lack of dragon related programming.

I was never too keen on the hero dragon designs outside of Toothless though, they always looked way too out of place for the most part when you see stuff like Boneknapper or the Big Giant Gorgon Dragon. I would have prefered if they looked like something outta Monster Hunter, especialy since Stormfly looks almost like a Yian-Kut-Ku.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Vaerai Archon posted:

I'm all for this, especialy after The WB canceled Dragon Riders of Pern after 3 episodes and Cartoon Network canceled Dragon hunters, so we greatly suffer from a lack of dragon related programming.

I was never too keen on the hero dragon designs outside of Toothless though, they always looked way too out of place for the most part when you see stuff like Boneknapper or the Big Giant Gorgon Dragon. I would have prefered if they looked like something outta Monster Hunter, especialy since Stormfly looks almost like a Yian-Kut-Ku.

I thought Dragon Hunters was an awesome french movie?

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Neo Helbeast posted:

I thought Dragon Hunters was an awesome french movie?

It had an entire 50+ episode TV series.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Magnus Condomus posted:

I imagine it'll be like the Penguins of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda shows; competently done, pretty well animated, but kind of bland and existing more for marketing purposes than a desire to expand and explore the universes the films set up.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

50 pounds of bread posted:

I am not ashamed to say that I love watching kids shows with my daughter. My favorites are Yo Gabba Gabba (awesome music) and Sesame Street (packed with hilarious jokes for adults, and comically bad acting.) They are her favorites too, but mostly just because she is in love with moono and ernie.

Ironically, barney is the only one I don't like.

Any bit with Cookie Monster is just comedy gold.

Royal Announcer: *toots horn rather pathetically*
Cookie Monster: Let me guess; you no go to Julliard.
Royal Announcer: Community college.
Cookie Monster: Yeah, me thought so.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

FrostedButts posted:

Any bit with Cookie Monster is just comedy gold.

Royal Announcer: *toots horn rather pathetically*
Cookie Monster: Let me guess; you no go to Julliard.
Royal Announcer: Community college.
Cookie Monster: Yeah, me thought so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8

Cookie Monster rules.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

...did they just reference the Jimmy Fallon/Roots performance? :psyduck:

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Yes, and Cookie Monster also said he would sell his soul for a bite.

Sesame Street promotes satanic practices.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Vaerai Archon posted:

The WB canceled Dragon Riders of Pern after 3 episodes

:aaaaa: This is the first time I've heard of that! Care to elaborate, please (Google isn't helping)?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
There's some sort of new How to train your Dragon show up on Netflix. I think it's the first two episodes of the new tv show.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Neo Helbeast posted:

There's some sort of new How to train your Dragon show up on Netflix. I think it's the first two episodes of the new tv show.

No, they're not. They were both inclusions on some special edition blu-ray/dvd thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm not sure if anyone here cares, but I just turned on Cartoon Network and they were showing a new episode of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated and according to my TV guide they are going to be airing a new episode every day this week.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm not sure if anyone here cares, but I just turned on Cartoon Network and they were showing a new episode of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated and according to my TV guide they are going to be airing a new episode every day this week.

Yeah, they've had episodes in the bucket for months now. It looks like they're trying to kill the show nice and quiet-like. Not completely unexpected, as most of the crew's already on other projects, like Ben 10 and that new Batman abortion.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Scooby Doo should have been quietly strangled after its very first pilot back in the 60s or 70s or whatever.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I don't know. I actually liked Mystery Incorporated. They had things like actual plot and charracter arcs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IRQ posted:

Scooby Doo should have been quietly strangled after its very first pilot back in the 60s or 70s or whatever.

Without those we would've never gotten A Pup Named Scooby Doo which means your statement is false.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dexo posted:

Without those we would've never gotten A Pup Named Scooby Doo which means your statement is false.

I dunno, I think that makes his statement more true than anything else.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Magnus Condomus posted:

I don't know. I actually liked Mystery Incorporated. They had things like actual plot and charracter arcs.
And, from what I've heard, self-awareness- a first for the series.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Y-Hat posted:

And, from what I've heard, self-awareness- a first for the series.

A Pup Named Scooby Doo was pretty much entirely based on Self-Awareness.

That entire show was making fun of the tropes of Scooby Doo. There was literally a character named Red Herring.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Condomus posted:

I hadn't actually seen it until CN started running it non-stop recently, but it really is a charming little show. It's self-aware enough to mock the older material (and the whole premise, really), but not obnoxious about it. And at the very least it felt different, which is more than I can say for "What's New Scooby Doo?" (The answer is nothing). Too bad that it apparently failed.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I just had to watch Mystery Inc after stumbling across the season 1 finale synopsis on Wikipedia

quote:

In the end the mystery is solved; however, the gang tragically falls apart. Fred leaves to go look for his real parents, breaking off his engagement with Daphne, while Shaggy's parents decide to send him off to military school and then send Scooby to a "nice" farm. All seems lost for Mystery Incorporated, but Scooby, enraged at Professor Pericles, vows to bring the gang back together so that they can continue pursuing him.

I actually enjoyed it; it was quite cute, and for a Scooby Doo show, just a teeny bit dark. Other fun bits: there was an ep where they teamed up with the other Hanna-Barbera ghostbusting teams, which was great, and I hear we'll be seeing the Quest team and Dynomutt this season.

Also the first ghost of season 2 is a fat crying clown in diapers that they call the Manbaby

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
I refuse to believe Dan Vs. is a real show and that a children's network is showing it. It's much more believable that my coffee has been spiked.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dan Vs. is a fantastic show. It seems to mostly owe its continued existence to having been around before The Hub had any clue what it was doing programming-wise. Not that they've advanced too much in that respect, but still.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
So I just picked up the pilot for Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated and I'm ashamed that I didn't know of it earlier. Granted, I suspect that I may have written it off had I not known where it was going, but I really like the idea of playing off memories of the Scooby Gang to expose them as lovably broken people, particularly Fred.

And I never would've expected social satire from the show, but here we are:

"Why do you need money, Professor? You're a teacher!"
":stare:"
"Ohhh, uh, right, of course..."

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

So I just picked up the pilot for Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated and I'm ashamed that I didn't know of it earlier. Granted, I suspect that I may have written it off had I not known where it was going, but I really like the idea of playing off memories of the Scooby Gang to expose them as lovably broken people, particularly Fred.

Yeah, they do some really good things with the characters throughout the season.

Also, I just started the first episode of the new season. Velma drops a Watchmen reference.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

Dan Vs. is a fantastic show. It seems to mostly owe its continued existence to having been around before The Hub had any clue what it was doing programming-wise. Not that they've advanced too much in that respect, but still.
The numerous Transformers shows and the Cartoon That Shall Not Be Discussed aside, I've heard good things about The Aquabats! Super Show! in spite of its exclamation point overload.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Y-Hat posted:

The numerous Transformers shows and the Cartoon That Shall Not Be Discussed aside, I've heard good things about The Aquabats! Super Show! in spite of its exclamation point overload.

The Aquabats! have been excited ever since the days of Super Rad! and Cat With Two Heads! and I will not hear any disparagement of the MC Bat Commander's demeanor :colbert:

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rahonavis posted:

:aaaaa: This is the first time I've heard of that! Care to elaborate, please (Google isn't helping)?

Supposedly they wrote a 90 minute long pilot split into 30 minute episodes. They built elaborate sets and props but there were apparently issues with the script and they really couldn't show dragons on TV to the full extent that was needed....especialy since dragons are everywhere on Pern. They axed it(I think even before it was properly filmed)

If you ever watched the terrible Dinotopia TV series the show had the same issues. They could not show Dinosaurs on the screen for the entire time, so it essentialy became a show about stupid Human issues and not about humans living with dinosaurs. Dealling with poorly made puppets and cheap set pieces coupled with terribly done acting, any sort of feeling was lost in the process. They couldn't even make Skybax Riders a main focus point because riding flying lizards was too budget costly.

The show became garbage after the first episode, the story points were boring, none of the characters were interesting, and they just made everything like a stereotypical soap opera that it was just awful.

There was literally one point in the series where they interacted with dinosaurs that existed offscreen so they didn't even have to use the puppets or CGI.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 1, 2012

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

Indeed, if you can find it in yourself to hate this then I don't want to know you.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Indeed, if you can find it in yourself to hate this then I don't want to know you.

Not to mention Weird Al Yankovic as President Stuntcastin.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Vaerai Archon posted:

If you ever watched the terrible Dinotopia TV series the show had the same issues.

Not to mention that the best actor was one of the dinosaurs.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
This dude has some legit funny Power Ranger reviews: http://porpoiseoflife.org/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-1-06-food-fight-2057/

http://porpoiseoflife.org/?s=power+rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

I thought that I was the only one watching that show. It's hilarious. I'm pretty sad they're burning off episodes as I guess they're not going to renew it. What I like is that it balances being both subversive and respectful to the original show.