Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fix posted:

So were his units in the same terrain as the dreads? Because that's not the situation the rule you're talking about is describing.

What I am understanding is the shooting units are in cover, shooting a unit that is not in cover but the unit taking shots is claiming that receive cover because the shooting units are firing "through" cover when they are actually shooting from cover. Don't mean to jump into other peoples arguments I just want to know what is right so when I play with my friends we follow the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh poo poo, I thought you were talking about his dudes sitting in area terrain and yours in the same area terrain, firing through.

Yeah, that doesn't work.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Fix posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought you were talking about his dudes sitting in area terrain and yours in the same area terrain, firing through.

Yeah, that doesn't work.

It works if you throw a loving fit and get your opponent to concede it in order to shut you up.

I think everyone knows this particular character at their FLGS. Its the same guy thats liable to throw models, video game controllers, or golf clubs.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Why were the Psyflemen hugging a forest, anyway?

There was a forest in the middle of the table right in front of my deployment and he was rockin' 3 Exorcists (which are pretty sad, btw. I was scared of them for no reason and lost because of it) so I was just marching them up into it and shooting things. Sisters' weakness is that they just all pile into Rhinos and drive at you. I lost because I thought the Jacobus bomb was in a different Rhino than it was and he drove up to my backfield objective (it was C&C) and killed the grey knights sitting on it. I should have done a lot of stuff differently but I never play C&C, blowing up the Jacobus Rhino would have ended the game earlier but I was going for the table.

Greed 'o the noob.

Fix posted:

Yeah, that doesn't work.

Sorry about that Fix, I didn't explain well. I'm really poor at explaining myself clearly, especially when I'm typing it

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Phyresis posted:

There was a forest in the middle of the table right in front of my deployment and he was rockin' 3 Exorcists (which are pretty sad, btw. I was scared of them for no reason and lost because of it) so I was just marching them up into it and shooting things. Sisters' weakness is that they just all pile into Rhinos and drive at you. I lost because I thought the Jacobus bomb was in a different Rhino than it was and he drove up to my backfield objective (it was C&C) and killed the grey knights sitting on it. I should have done a lot of stuff differently but I never play C&C, blowing up the Jacobus Rhino would have ended the game earlier but I was going for the table.

Greed 'o the noob.

Sorry about that Fix, I didn't explain well. I'm really poor at explaining myself clearly, especially when I'm typing it

Then we just won't play again and that'll solve all your problems if you want to piss and moan about it. And we won't have to spend a page and a half listening to you whine and tell me how bad I am.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

No no, it's cool. I don't know why I assumed that he was in cover, too. There wasn't really anything in that to make me go that direction. Just got the wrong picture in my head.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I really need a new avatar; the Count makes me troll this thread too much (he makes me do it... he whispers to me...) and I sincerely don't want to give anyone any negative feels, no matter how minor.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Phyresis posted:

I really need a new avatar; the Count makes me troll this thread too much (he makes me do it... he whispers to me...) and I sincerely don't want to give anyone any negative feels, no matter how minor.

I suggest Discount Bees' Goatse Eye of Terror. :buddy:

EDIT: Rumors are cool, right?

quote:

I was fortunate enough to have a nice long chat with a mate of mine this weekend who is very much in the loop when it comes to 40k, and he was kind enough to have a chat with me about the new Chaos Space Marine Codex!

So lets get to it:

Release date - 1st September (7 weeks he said) and it is a hard back like the 8e WFB Army Books.

There is an Eye of the Gods esque table (Warriors of Chaos players will know what I am talking about) that you get to roll on whenever a character kills another character in a challenge, or a Walker or Monstrous Creature. There is a multitude of gifts (and curses) that your Characters can acquire which range from +1 Save, +1 Toughness, or becoming either a Spawn or a Daemon Prince!!!

Chaos Cultists are definetely in (but we all kinda know that already), as is the 'Dragon' - think Necron Night Scythe with the main chassis been replaced by a massive mechanical dragon head with segmented wings sweeping forward and around from it. On top of those there are also:
Dark Apostles - evil Chaplains basically
Warp Smiths - evil Techmarine that can curse vehicles and degrade terrain.
A new Daemon Engine - half way between a Dreadnought and a Defiler.
Speaking of Defilers as they are Daemons they have a 5+ Inv save.
'Cult' units are all Elites and are unlocked to Troops by appropriate HQ choices, but there are no Cult Terminators which makes me sad.
Obliterators are exclusively for shooting - so no powerfists. BUT there is a new unit which is basically a close combat Obliterator.
There are 2 types of Raptors now; regular CSM with Jump Packs, and then some kind of Possessed Daemonic Raptors that all come with Lightning Claws!
Possessed are meant to be amazing, and take a lot of benefits from the Eye of the Gods esque table.
There are NO Daemons in the Codex because that is what Allies are for.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 16, 2012

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
Pierre, what kind of tyranid lists are you finding most effective for 6e? I'm not sure whether I should be running mostly swarms of smaller creatures or throwing in more MCs. Also, with the whole glancing thing and smash attacks are zoanthropes and hive guards still as critical as they were? in 5e everyone was telling me pretty much not to leave home without them (and they were right). Are there any units that you've found to be way too cost effective to leave behind? I'm asking because I figure as long as I'm going to start liking the new rules I might as well restructure my army to fit the new gameplay.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

mmj posted:

Pierre, what kind of tyranid lists are you finding most effective for 6e? I'm not sure whether I should be running mostly swarms of smaller creatures or throwing in more MCs. Also, with the whole glancing thing and smash attacks are zoanthropes and hive guards still as critical as they were? in 5e everyone was telling me pretty much not to leave home without them (and they were right). Are there any units that you've found to be way too cost effective to leave behind? I'm asking because I figure as long as I'm going to start liking the new rules I might as well restructure my army to fit the new gameplay.

Unless there is a major change in Outflanking for Genestealers, the decisions for lists got smaller in 6th Edition. With the new BRB powers the Stormlord got even better and the Reserve changes make any additional manipulation powers unneccesary. Zoanthropes are still important and should use their codex powers for anti-tank like usual, typically 'podded in for backline mayhem. Hormagant/Termagant/Gargoyle vehicle glancing got a LOT scarier than it was, which is a nice boost. Tervigons are potentially even more useful and can buy up to three powers if you want to go crazy with it. It might not be a terrible idea though because Biomancy is basically the "take this" option for any MC on the table and it increases your chance of Iron Arm and/or Endurance. Enfeeble isn't bad either for mitigating damage on a charge.

The fact that most armies cannot stop Blessings from going off is a big deal for Tyranids, considering a lot of their buffs used to get Psychic Hood'ed away and it hurt them a lot. While it will still happen I'm sure, getting a 4+ save against most Jaws of the World Wolf hits is pretty big too in areas where Space Wolves are played often.

The Elites slot is still as crowded as it was, but Ymgarl Genestealers are most likely to be seen due to the better Reserve checks and the fact that they bring a (sadly) unique gimmick to the table. They can be scary in combat too--just be sure to bring enough of them.

Smash isn't really a gamechanger for Tyranid as Monstrous Creatures received Strength +2d6 and now it's half attacks at S10 +1d6.

Essentially most of the good got better and most of the bad got worse.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 16, 2012

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I'm going to try to change the subject since mommy and daddy are fighting. :ohdear:

We have a 1850 tournament next month and I am really waffling on what to bring now that there are allies.

My pure IG list is something like:

Company Command Squad w/4 plasma and astropath in chimera
Platoon Command Squad w/4 melta in chimera
4x Platoon Infantry Squads, one with commissar, mounted in vendettas or blobbed up on an objective
4x meltavet squads in chimeras
3 vendettas
manticore

I am kicking around bringing Grey Knights or Space Marines as allies. I would lose the platoon and a couple meltavet squads to gain:

Librarian
2xrhinos with melta, combi melta, multimelta, combat squads
5 TH/SS termies

or
Inquistor
2xrhinos with psycannon strike squads
Psyifledread

I have used the GK allies before and they are good but not great. They fold to semi-dedicated CC just as poorly as guard, but the mid strength mobile shooting is nice, also they are my fancy ghost knights. However I think a thunderbubble with some melta rhinos would be overall better.

bhsman posted:

I want to see that dragon so bad it hurts.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How does shooting out of a chimera work these days? If it moves 6 inches or less then one gun can use BS and everything else (Guns remaining on the hull or turret and bros in the back) all fire snap shots? If the Chimera doesn't move EVERYTHING use BS? The guys shooting from the back and the chimera all have to shoot the same target though right?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

BadLlama posted:

How does shooting out of a chimera work these days? If it moves 6 inches or less then one gun can use BS and everything else (Guns remaining on the hull or turret and bros in the back) all fire snap shots? If the Chimera doesn't move EVERYTHING use BS? The guys shooting from the back and the chimera all have to shoot the same target though right?

The unit in the transport separate from the chimera. If the chimera moves 6 it can fire one gun at full BS, the rest at snap shot, and the dudes inside can shoot at the same or a different target at full BS, except for heavy weapons which are at snap shot.

It the chimera moves 12 everything is snap shot.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

bhsman posted:

I suggest Discount Bees' Goatse Eye of Terror. :buddy:

Cautiously optimistic. Possibly sad at a lack of Cult Terminators, depending on how the customization for the PA cult units is like.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 16, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I will be so hosed off if there really aren't any options for cult terminators in the new codex.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Naramyth posted:

The unit in the transport separate from the chimera. If the chimera moves 6 it can fire one gun at full BS, the rest at snap shot, and the dudes inside can shoot at the same or a different target at full BS, except for heavy weapons which are at snap shot.

It the chimera moves 12 everything is snap shot.

Oh wow, I see. I always thought the bros inside had to shoot the same target as the Chimera and thats why I have stayed away from Mech armies. Still refuse to be a melta/plasma vet squad spamming rear end in a top hat though >:|

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Oh wow, I see. I always thought the bros inside had to shoot the same target as the Chimera and thats why I have stayed away from Mech armies. Still refuse to be a melta/plasma vet squad spamming rear end in a top hat though >:|

Enjoy playing xenos I guess.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

PierreTheMime posted:

Unless there is a major change in Outflanking for Genestealers, the decisions for lists got smaller in 6th Edition. With the new BRB powers the Stormlord got even better and the Reserve changes make any additional manipulation powers unneccesary. Zoanthropes are still important and should use their codex powers for anti-tank like usual, typically 'podded in for backline mayhem. Hormagant/Termagant/Gargoyle vehicle glancing got a LOT scarier than it was, which is a nice boost. Tervigons are potentially even more useful and can buy up to three powers if you want to go crazy with it. It might not be a terrible idea though because Biomancy is basically the "take this" option for any MC on the table and it increases your chance of Iron Arm and/or Endurance. Enfeeble isn't bad either for mitigating damage on a charge.

The fact that most armies cannot stop Blessings from going off is a big deal for Tyranids, considering a lot of their buffs used to get Psychic Hood'ed away and it hurt them a lot. While it will still happen I'm sure, getting a 4+ save against most Jaws of the World Wolf hits is pretty big too in areas where Space Wolves are played often.

The Elites slot is still as crowded as it was, but Ymgarl Genestealers are most likely to be seen due to the better Reserve checks and the fact that they bring a (sadly) unique gimmick to the table. They can be scary in combat too--just be sure to bring enough of them.

Smash isn't really a gamechanger for Tyranid as Monstrous Creatures received Strength +2d6 and now it's half attacks at S10 +1d6.

Essentially most of the good got better and most of the bad got worse.

Thanks, that clarifies a lot. I still have a terrible grasp of the new psychic powers and proper use so I guess I need to get out of my comfort zone and start fielding them. I guess I also have to finally suck it up and buy a few tervigons, the price tag always made me come up with some excuse to hold off on it. Have they released a mycetic spore model yet? I've seen some amazing homemade ones but I haven't heard of an official model.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

mmj posted:

Thanks, that clarifies a lot. I still have a terrible grasp of the new psychic powers and proper use so I guess I need to get out of my comfort zone and start fielding them. I guess I also have to finally suck it up and buy a few tervigons, the price tag always made me come up with some excuse to hold off on it. Have they released a mycetic spore model yet? I've seen some amazing homemade ones but I haven't heard of an official model.

I *just* bought my second Tervigon last Saturday and got it assembled shortly thereafter. I ran counts-as for a while but I had to get the new ones because a) they are legal models now and b) they look amazing. Took me a while though since my army ADD had me buying SM and Necron models as well.

There are still no valid models for the Mycetic Sporepod, Parasite of Mortrex, or the Doom of Malan'tai. The Plasma Hatchers kit is the easiest way to go--cheap and effective.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

PierreTheMime posted:

I think Smash is pretty big for TMCs. Not against vehicles since where it's pretty much a wash, but against opposing characters. In 5th ed, a lowly Tervigon might not have had much chance to kill a tooled up MEQ HQ, but in 6th hitting at S10 you're threatening Instant Death on every wound and are only losing a single attack for your trouble. It's also hilarious with Crushing Claws.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Naramyth posted:

Enjoy playing xenos I guess.

Na I am confident there are playable IG armies that aren't cookie cutter vet chimera spam.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

BadLlama posted:

Na I am confident there are playable IG armies that aren't cookie cutter vet chimera spam.

There are, IG is quite flexible.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I will be so hosed off if there really aren't any options for cult terminators in the new codex.

Cautiously erect at the thought of close-combat Obliterators. Why yes I can switch between any power weapon type I like on the fly like old-school Transformer cartoons. :fap:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Ojetor posted:

I think Smash is pretty big for TMCs. Not against vehicles since where it's pretty much a wash, but against opposing characters. In 5th ed, a lowly Tervigon might not have had much chance to kill a tooled up MEQ HQ, but in 6th hitting at S10 you're threatening Instant Death on every wound and are only losing a single attack for your trouble. It's also hilarious with Crushing Claws.

You are correct in this regard, but I figured he was asking more in an anti-vehicle mindset. Zoanthropes and Hive Guard are still necessary for that. Monstrous Creatures in general are terrifying for anti-infantry and only got better. I should have pointed that out though and I'm glad you did.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

PierreTheMime posted:

I *just* bought my second Tervigon last Saturday and got it assembled shortly thereafter. I ran counts-as for a while but I had to get the new ones because a) they are legal models now and b) they look amazing. Took me a while though since my army ADD had me buying SM and Necron models as well.

There are still no valid models for the Mycetic Sporepod, Parasite of Mortrex, or the Doom of Malan'tai. The Plasma Hatchers kit is the easiest way to go--cheap and effective.

How long does it take to paint/assemble a tervigon? My models look much better if I paint before I assemble so I'll probably be doing that. Tervigons seem like they'd make great centerpieces when nicely painted, it would be a shame to half-rear end it if I'm finally biting the bullet.

The plasma hatchers look like a cool idea, next I'll have to find a guide to model a Doom of Malan'tai and learn how to model in general because I've been wanting to field those for a while.

PierreTheMime posted:

You are correct in this regard, but I figured he was asking more in an anti-vehicle mindset. Zoanthropes and Hive Guard are still necessary for that.

Yeah I meant this because I completely forgot about using it for ID against infantry but now I like that idea too

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Doing research for my Necron army I am planning to build. Is there any reason to get anything more then 20 warriors? I found a good deal on Ebay for 40 warriors but I don't think I will need nearly that many.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

mmj posted:

How long does it take to paint/assemble a tervigon? My models look much better if I paint before I assemble so I'll probably be doing that. Tervigons seem like they'd make great centerpieces when nicely painted, it would be a shame to half-rear end it if I'm finally biting the bullet.

I got mine clipped, cleaned of mold lines, and assembled in about two hours while fiddling on the internet at work. It's mostly large pieces but there are some small bitz on the top that take a while to get right. If you are going to paint before full assembly at least assemble the component pieces--you CANNOT properly paint a Tervigon on sprue unless you want to drive yourself to the edge of madness. Assemble the head, assemble the body w/ tail and assault the hind legs. Everything else is mostly a single piece, but the clutch of Termagants fits snugly onto its ribcage and covers 80% of its total area.

BadLlama posted:

Doing research for my Necron army I am planning to build. Is there any reason to get anything more then 20 warriors? I found a good deal on Ebay for 40 warriors but I don't think I will need nearly that many.

Warriors are quite good and very useful for multiple purposes. They are one of the only units in the game that are both solidly anti-infantry and anti-vehicle. I'd probably recommend 40+ for a solid 1500pt list and likely more for larger, though it does depend on how much you like Immortals and what your plans are.

vvvv
Yeah, read through the codex and figure out what you think you'll like before you really commit. Warriors/Immortals with transports is pretty standard and either Night Scythes, Ghost Arks, or a combination thereof is awesome.
vvvv

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 16, 2012

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

PierreTheMime posted:

Warriors are quite good and very useful for multiple purposes. They are one of the only units in the game that are both solidly anti-infantry and anti-vehicle. I'd probably recommend 40+ for a solid 1500pt list and likely more for larger, though it does depend on how much you like Immortals and what your plans are.

My plan was to have a large group of warriors (20 and with a resurrection orb maybe?) footing it around the board to draw attention while immortals (2 squads of 10) fly in Scythes to get into position. Then from there I am not sure about the rest of my list but that was my plan with my troops. I haven't received the codex in the mail yet though so this is all just what I think my be a good plan.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

PierreTheMime posted:

I got mine clipped, cleaned of mold lines, and assembled in about two hours while fiddling on the internet at work. It's mostly large pieces but there are some small bitz on the top that take a while to get right. If you are going to paint before full assembly at least assemble the component pieces--you CANNOT properly paint a Tervigon on sprue unless you want to drive yourself to the edge of madness. Assemble the head, assemble the body w/ tail and assault the hind legs. Everything else is mostly a single piece, but the clutch of Termagants fits snugly onto its ribcage and covers 80% of its total area.

Thanks for the tip. I usually cut them from the sprue, use a base spray and then if things are easier to paint partially completed I'll put them together first. I usually go in for a game on Wednesday so I'll be assembling my first tervigon this week!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Robot Uprising posted:

Anyone got an idea of what a good starting army would be like for dark eldar under 6th ? would I go far wrong if I bought two battle boxes and a hq?

I'll jump in. I'm still learning how to play with Dark Eldar (see my post history) but there are a few other guys ITT that play DE, we're just swamped with talk of marines and orks. But ignore them, they're just dying (literally) to be slaves and taken back to the warp. Anyway, I'm guessing you mean this battleforce set? Two sets will give you:
20 Kabalite Warriors
20 Wyches
6 Reaver Jetbikes
2 Dark Eldar Raiders

If I may, I'd suggest maybe getting a couple more Raiders, an Archon and some Incubi if you can. If you can, put the Archon and Incubi on a Raider by themselves for assault & challenges on things like chapter masters, etc.

Look at the first two strategies recommended here, basically the two ways to get started are Raider spam with Kabalites (shooty) or Venom spam with Wyches (assault). After that you have the expensive characters and whatnot, but I'm not at that point yet. I'm still just trying to figure out what strategy works for me against the mostly Space Marine guys I'm playing with. What I've got at the moment is to target transports and tanks with as many Dark Lances as possible, keep your Raiders behind cover and hope they don't get taken out (you don't want your Kabalite Warriors schlepping around on foot) and decide whether you want to concentrate fire on enemy units and/or sent your Wyches in against the Tactical Marines (as discussed recently ITT they're not great or terrible, just the standard everything is measured against, and Wyches should be good against them). 6 Reavers are good to send against the Tactical Marines before the Wyches get there, since they can turbo-boost across the board for a 4+ save and use their bladevane attacks then assault and tie up the marines until the Wyches can get in range. Wyches with Haywire Grenades are great against vehicles too.

Hope that works for you and makes sense.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I'm looking to replace a bunch of Valk/Vendetta/Vulture flying stands with something heavier and more sturdy. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

PierreTheMime posted:

vvvv
Yeah, read through the codex and figure out what you think you'll like before you really commit. Warriors/Immortals with transports is pretty standard and either Night Scythes, Ghost Arks, or a combination thereof is awesome.
vvvv

I get the feeling I'm going to go crazy painting my based Tervigon. I should have painted then based...except my paints haven't come in yet

Whoops

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Necron bros: someone critique this list

code:
+++ Necron Army (2000pts) +++
+++ 2000pt Necrons 5th ed. Roster (Standard) +++

Selections:

+ HQ + (740pts)

* Anrakyr the Traveller (245pts) 
        (Counter-Attack, Ever-Living, Furious Charge, Independent Character, Mind in the Machine, Pyrrhian Eternals, Reanimation Protocols)
        Tachyon Arrow, Warscythe
        * Catacomb Command Barge
            (Living Metal, Quantum Shielding, Sweep Attack, Symbiotic Repair)
            Gauss Cannon

* Nemesor Zahndrekh (495pts) 
        (Adaptive Tactics, Counter Tactics, Ever-Living, Independent Character, Phased Reinforcements, Reanimation Protocols)
        Phase Shifter (Phase Shifter), Resurrection Orb (Resurrection Orb), Sempiternal Weave (Sempiternal Weave), Staff of Light
        * Royal Court
            * Necron Lord
                (Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols)
                Sempiternal Weave (Sempiternal Weave), Warscythe
            * Necron Lord
                (Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols)
                Resurrection Orb (Resurrection Orb), Sempiternal Weave (Sempiternal Weave), Warscythe
        * Vargard Obyron
            (Cleaving Counterblow, Ever-Living, Ghostwalk Mantle, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols, The Vargard's Duty)
            Sempiternal Weave (Sempiternal Weave), Warscythe

+ Troops + (890pts)

* Necron Immortals (270pts) 
        (Reanimation Protocols)
        * 10x Necron Immortal
            10x Pyrrhian Eternals (Pyrrhian Eternals), 10x Tesla Carbine
        * Night Scythe
            (Aerial Assault, Deep Strike, Living Metal, Supersonic)
            Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor

* Necron Warriors (260pts) 
        * 20x Necron Warrior
            (Reanimation Protocols)
            20x Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon)

* Necron Warriors (180pts) 
        * Ghost Ark
            (Living Metal, Quantum Shielding, Repair Barge)
            2x Gauss Flayer Array
        * 5x Necron Warrior
            (Reanimation Protocols)
            5x Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon)

* Necron Warriors (180pts) 
        * Ghost Ark
            (Living Metal, Quantum Shielding, Repair Barge)
            2x Gauss Flayer Array
        * 5x Necron Warrior
            (Reanimation Protocols)
            5x Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon)

+ Fast Attack + (105pts)

* Canoptek Wraiths (105pts) 
        Canoptek Wraith (Fearless, Phase Attacks, Phase Shifter, Wraithflight), Canoptek Wraith (Fearless, Phase Attacks, Phase Shifter, Wraithflight), Canoptek Wraith (Fearless, Phase Attacks, Phase Shifter, Wraithflight)

+ Heavy Support + (265pts)

* Annihilation Barge (90pts) 
        (Living Metal, Quantum Shielding)
        Gauss Cannon, Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor

* Doom Scythe (175pts) 
        (Aerial Assault, Deep Strike, Living Metal, Supersonic)
        Death Ray, Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor
Switching from Anrakyr to a vanilla overlord with warscythe and ccb saves 65 points, but I don't know where I'd use that. Zandrekh with immortals in night scythe, Obyron with 20 warriors on foot with res orb lord using the night scythe to deep strike around the board. re: The Vanguard's Duty special rule, do you not scatter if the unit is within 6" of Zandrekh after deploying the concentric circles (which should be something like 3" with 20 warriors), or is it you have to place Obyron within 6" of Zandrekh and then build the circle around him?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Anyone want a spiral bound Tau Codex?

Or a 5th Edition Rulebook in small or large format?

I'd like to trade for a Necron book or a few bucks maybe.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also 20 warriors is apparently really scary. Should insta-kill a land raider in one round of rapid fire (26.666 hits = 4.4444 glances)

e: funnily enough, they should also do 4.444 unsaved wounds against MEQ

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I am starting to seriously question the usefulness of Ghost Arks mainly because Night Scythes feel so much stronger and are cheaper. I would rather take 10 warriors in a Night Scythe than two groups of 5 in Ghost Arks, but maybe I have just been getting unlucky with my Arks.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Also 20 warriors is apparently really scary. Should insta-kill a land raider in one round of rapid fire (26.666 hits = 4.4444 glances)

Confirming this. Warrior blobs with buffed rapid fire gauss make me go all soft.

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I am starting to seriously question the usefulness of Ghost Arks mainly because Night Scythes feel so much stronger and are cheaper. I would rather take 10 warriors in a Night Scythe than two groups of 5 in Ghost Arks, but maybe I have just been getting unlucky with my Arks.

Don't think of Ghost Arks like Rhinos. Take two big blobs and one ghost ark with a small squad inside. The ark can buff/repair the big squads and it'll draw fire while the blobs move forward and smugly glance everything to death.

Glow Sticks
Feb 26, 2009
Hey guys I put up another eBay sale if anyone's interested:a small Imperial Guard force with the carrying case and Codex:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180930755554

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

The magical thing about a Land Raider is it instantly turns any game of 40K into "Sink the Bismarck."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Speaking of destroying vehicles, I just now picked up three Tauroses off ebay, two with TL Lascannons and one with an Assault 2 Grenade Launcher. They're very similar to land speeders (11/10/10, Fast, Scout, 2HP), what's the best way to go about using fast, vulnerable vehicles now?

• Locked thread