Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
Just watched Padam Padam. Terrific series. Han Ji-Min is just so awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just finished Queen In Hyun's Man, and I'm agreeing with everyone here that the show was amazing. Absolutely beautiful ending, I honestly had no idea how it was all gonna turn out until the very last minute. I loved that the past storyline was just as compelling (if not moreso) than the present day stuff, and I also loved how much of an intelligent, badass character the main guy was. He didn't make dumb decisions, he figured stuff out on his own, he was proactive. All great stuff.

I was already a fan of Yoo In Na from her other roles and her work on Heroes and I already knew Ji Hyun Woo from IY2, so it was great watching them in this. Immediately after finishing the series, I had to check out his confession and her eventual acceptance on YouTube, which kind of put a great capper on the series as a whole. So yeah, everyone should watch this series, it's great.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I had a question for any native Koreans here. I was listening to a podcast talking about k-dramas and they mentioned A Gentleman's Dignity, which I've been watching and for the most part enjoying so far. One thing they did mention intrigued me, though. They said that the show is currently doing really well in Korea, and one of the main reasons being that the lead male actor, Jang Dong-Gun, is basically the biggest movie star in the country.

Now, I had never heard of him before the show, and I think he's been doing a decent job in his role so far, but the podcasters compared it to someone like George Clooney deciding to do a TV show again, and that they couldn't think of another star male or female bigger than him right now. Is this true? Is the actor really that big, and if so, what else should I watch him in?

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
I'm glad I watched Boys over Flowers, the second half of it was much better than the first. I still prefer the Japanese version of the story though.

I've started on My Lovely Sam Soon (I missed Hyun Bin :3). Why do they call her chubby I don't get it. She looks perfectly fine to me, she just has a natural round face and they gave her a bad haircut and baggy/boring clothes.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Merope posted:

I'm glad I watched Boys over Flowers, the second half of it was much better than the first. I still prefer the Japanese version of the story though.

I've started on My Lovely Sam Soon (I missed Hyun Bin :3). Why do they call her chubby I don't get it. She looks perfectly fine to me, she just has a natural round face and they gave her a bad haircut and baggy/boring clothes.

Because it's the Korean Bridget Jones

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
I know, but she's not really chubby, she seems to have more of an athletic build rather than delicate and model thin like the other main female char. Renee Zellweger got herself properly chubby for the role.
I mean I'm not sure if they are only trying (and failing) to create the idea of chubby, or if in Korea that body type is actually considered chubby.

Merope fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 8, 2012

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

This! Ever since I saw 제빵왕 김탁구 (King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo) and I can't stop laughing when I see him so serious. I just want to give him some warm bread.

My 2 cents on recent dramas:
I've also been watching 닥터 진 (Doctor Jin) which essentially owns if you like medical dramas. First episode involved some weird stuff that involves a brain and a fetus. Watch it. It's fun.

I couldn't really get into 청춘불패2 (Invincible Youth 2) because it just seemed like they were running out of stuff to do mid-season and the whole strike kind of ruined it. That and the abrupt destruction of 무한도전 (Infinity Challenge) kind of killed my saturdays.

패션왕 (Fashion King) had pretty much the worst ending I'd ever seen and the show flipped-flopped so much that I only watched it just to finish it.

발효가족 (Fermentation Family/Kimchi Family) was actually pretty good. The beginning kind of dragged but it picked up real quick and if you are a fan of typical Korean drama twists (ie someone gets cancer, someone dies, someone kills someone, revenge on something, looking for missing whoever, etc) then this show is for you.

식객 (Gourmet) is an only but a goody. Basically if you like cooking shows, you'll love this show. It's pretty sad (think like Futurama Fry's dog waiting for him kind of sad) at a lot of parts but the show itself is really fun. Plus, it's food. It tastes good when you put it in your mouth.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does anyone know what the following clip is from ? Miss A covering Wondergirls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4lg2iBPuIc

Deep in the comments one person was adamant that it was an MV, but seems odd to shoot one completely live and without Suzy. Feels like it's from something bigger and would like to see more clips.

Failing that, anything along the lines of this kind of performance would be nice to see... I like the usual pop shows, but this seemed nicer (even with the iffy sound mix). I think Beautiful Concert is along similar lines, but no back line musicians from memory?

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

The pHo posted:

Does anyone know what the following clip is from ? Miss A covering Wondergirls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4lg2iBPuIc

Deep in the comments one person was adamant that it was an MV, but seems odd to shoot one completely live and without Suzy. Feels like it's from something bigger and would like to see more clips.

Failing that, anything along the lines of this kind of performance would be nice to see... I like the usual pop shows, but this seemed nicer (even with the iffy sound mix). I think Beautiful Concert is along similar lines, but no back line musicians from memory?

Looks like it's some show (possibly live event for something but I have no idea since I don't have Korean TV :(). But it's called 아이콘. Just copy and paste that into YouTube and a ton few of videos appear. It all appears to be from the same event. It might have been some kind of charity event because the top right asks for donations if I'm not mistaken.

I know there is a talk show (I guess you can call it that? It's more music than talking) that interviews a lot of artists called Chocolate. That's pretty good too for live performances without lipsyncing. It's hosted by Kim Jung Eun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jung-eun). I really like that show and it's well worth watching.

edit: For the sake of copy and pasting Chocolate. 김정은의 초콜릿

Cizzo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 9, 2012

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It's MBC Icon, which is a mid-day music program airing on Saturdays (if it's still airing).

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

Cizzo posted:

Looks like it's some show (possibly live event for something but I have no idea since I don't have Korean TV :(). But it's called 아이콘. Just copy and paste that into YouTube and a ton few of videos appear. It all appears to be from the same event. It might have been some kind of charity event because the top right asks for donations if I'm not mistaken.

I know there is a talk show (I guess you can call it that? It's more music than talking) that interviews a lot of artists called Chocolate. That's pretty good too for live performances without lipsyncing. It's hosted by Kim Jung Eun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jung-eun). I really like that show and it's well worth watching.

edit: For the sake of copy and pasting Chocolate. 김정은의 초콜릿

Unfortunately Chocolate stopped airing a year or so ago. Yoo Hee-yeul's Sketchbook is the only late night music show surviving, I believe.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Archer2338 posted:

Unfortunately Chocolate stopped airing a year or so ago. Yoo Hee-yeul's Sketchbook is the only late night music show surviving, I believe.

This makes me really sad and makes me really upset because I wish Korean TV shows were more readily available on DVD or something.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sorry, could've sworn I thanked you guys for the info about Chocolate and Icon. I have some Chocolate from a silly big SNSD pack I have, so I'll definitely check that out.

While we're on music, I think that new Sistar record is going to be my Summer track this year. Despite the fact that it's pretty much rained nonstop here in UK for the last 3 months and we're denied a Summer for about the 5th year in a row now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94NkawRzEgc

Shame the release is very remix heavy, but still a lot of fun anyway. New T-Ara record is pretty good, title song the strongest by far. Not amazingly keen on that SNSD Paparazzi track yet, but it might grow on me. I started with SNSD 'newest stuff first' then realised their first records are the best by far.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

The pHo posted:

While we're on music, I think that new Sistar record is going to be my Summer track this year. Despite the fact that it's pretty much rained nonstop here in UK for the last 3 months and we're denied a Summer for about the 5th year in a row now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94NkawRzEgc

I didn't really like Sistar's previous songs, but something just clicked with me for their last two releases, Alone and Loving U.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/mbc-labor-union-announces-end-to-strike-normal-broadcast-on-the-18th

Related to this thread:

quote:

After a half-year of uncertainty, the MBC labor union has announced an end to the 170-day strike, the longest in broadcast history.

The decision was made after a union members’ meeting at the MBC headquarters located in Yeouido on the 17th. All MBC broadcasts will return to normal beginning on July 18th at 9:00 AM KST.

I am sad that they didn't achieve what they set out to do, but I don't blame them, a man's gotta eat. Hopefully things work out for the better.

Looks like I'm going to have to start watching the HaHa vs. Hong Chul arc for IC, since the conclusion is what they're probably going to air first. If kshownow decides to sub it on a regular basis (I can' see why they wouldn't it's one of the most popular shows in Korea) now would be a good time to jump in, considering the only option to watch previous episodes is a mess and new IC eps would have have to start fresh.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

Lyer posted:

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/mbc-labor-union-announces-end-to-strike-normal-broadcast-on-the-18th

Related to this thread:

I am sad that they didn't achieve what they set out to do, but I don't blame them, a man's gotta eat. Hopefully things work out for the better.

Looks like I'm going to have to start watching the HaHa vs. Hong Chul arc for IC, since the conclusion is what they're probably going to air first. If kshownow decides to sub it on a regular basis (I can' see why they wouldn't it's one of the most popular shows in Korea) now would be a good time to jump in, considering the only option to watch previous episodes is a mess and new IC eps would have have to start fresh.

Just a heads up- this week's IC episode was half catching up on past events and news with the members and rerunning the highlights of the past Haha v. Hongchul eps. No new footage of the HvH series is what I am saying.

Also Lee Nayoung is guesting next ep!

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Maybe one of the native speakers could shed some light on the most recent "1 Night and 2 Days" episode Boosay posted. In the episode the members sing a song that goes something like "5x1 is something, 5x2 is something else". They kept plugging in seemingly random phrases for the "something" part and called it the multiplication song. Is this like the Gag Concert martial arts sketch where they play on the last syllable?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I've been watching a bunch of shows lately so I figured I'd share some thoughts on them.

You're Beautiful - So after My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox and Greatest Love, both of which I pretty much loved from beginning to end, I thought the Hong sisters could do no wrong. Well, that sentiment pretty much ended with this one, which I had major problems with. The main character is even more of a doormat than your typical k-drama heroine, the main guy is a complete douchebag for 99.8% of the series and I didn't understand why the girl pined over him AT ALL It didn't help that Jung Yonghwa was the third point of that love triangle and a perfectly likable, decent dude whose entire character arc is getting his heart broken. Also didn't help that the end of the series was every supporting character telling the main guy what an idiot he was for just letting the girl go, and only after half a dozen scenes of this and 10 minutes of contemplative thinking did he finally do something about it. I won't even get into the very weird and awkward gender issues played off for comedy (one of the characters thinks he's turning gay and it slowly drives him insane over the course of half the series). Just a huge mess of a show for a variety of reasons.

Big - The series just ended today, and I'm sad to say it's another Hong sisters show that ultimately disappointed. I was quite enjoying this rather light romantic comedy for the first 14 episodes or so (the two lead actors are just so darn likable and had great chemistry together), but they really dropped the ball in the last two episodes. There were so many potential avenues for the story to go at the end there, and the show didn't go in any of them, literally just giving us 2 episodes of stagnant padding followed by 5 minutes of actual ending which still didn't resolve a lot of plot stuff. So close to being great!

Ghost - The show started off with a bang for the first 4 episodes or so, and then promptly slowed down to a glacial, plodding pace. I was excited for a cyber-suspense thriller in the vein of 24 or something, but after the first 4 eps, I don't think the writer had anymore story left in them, so he turned back to the main plot and just stretched things out as long as he could. 16 episodes in, I'll probably stick with it till the end, but yeah you can basically skip this one.

A Gentleman's Dignity - From the writer and directors of Secret Garden, it certainly has a similar feel to it, despite being mainly older actors. Just a very straight-forward relationship drama centered around 4 friends and the women in their lives. There's not much plot going on here, but all the characters really grow on you, and that's what keeps me invested. The show's well-written, the characters and situations feel more believable than most k-dramas, and you really root for all of the characters to find happiness. My only gripe is the character of Meari, who comes off as a wacko stalker-type and whose actress is forced to burst into tears literally every episode. Hopefully it sticks the landing.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Yeah, You're Beautiful seems to be absolutely huge on the internet and I could never understand why. I watched maybe half way and just could not keep waiting for something likable to happen.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

qbert posted:

Ghost - The show started off with a bang for the first 4 episodes or so, and then promptly slowed down to a glacial, plodding pace. I was excited for a cyber-suspense thriller in the vein of 24 or something, but after the first 4 eps, I don't think the writer had anymore story left in them, so he turned back to the main plot and just stretched things out as long as he could. 16 episodes in, I'll probably stick with it till the end, but yeah you can basically skip this one.

Been burning through this one lately, I'm on episode 8 right now I think. It's been enjoyable so far, but I'm not able to burn through it like I do with most series, usually can only get through about an episode a night, instead of burning through 2-4. Dunno why, I just seem to have a harder time keeping focused watching this series.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Here's one for the natives - as everyone is undoubtedly aware, there was a bit of a cockup at the olympics the other night where someone somehow used the South Korean flags for the DPRK women's team.

Not being one to miss up an opportunity, a company put out an advert in the press today to capitalise on this.

The catchphrase should be 'You should have gone to Specsavers'. I typed it into Google Translate and it gave me 'John to be nice to go to x'. Naturally, I don't trust GT as far as I can throw it, but curious as to the accuracy of the translation into Korean?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Since everyone loves some T-ara drama:

CCM made an announcement that they're GOING to make an announcement on the 30th regarding T-ara, and the typical fan reaction to this is ":ohdear:" because nothing CCM/Kim Kwang Soo says or does is ever good news. It's pretty funny, because if JYP, YG, SM, etc said they had some big news about one of their groups, people would be excited and NOT expecting poo poo to go down.

It also doesn't help that just the other day, some drama appears to have happened within the group regarding Hwayoung getting injured and being unable (unwilling?) to preform during their concert. Translated tweets from some of the other members seemed to indicate they were disappointed in Hwayoung's lack of determination and putting them in a difficult position to rework the concert around her injury. The meaning behind their conversation hasn't been clarified, but it's hard to see it as anything other than that.

Let's look at it this way, in a "best case scenario" sort of deal; The girls are constantly stressed out and overworked, constantly fighting to keep their jobs and they get more attention for their horrible agency and the problems that happen around them than the fact that they're a very talented and popular group. Then another problem arises while preparing for a big concert and it forces the remaining members to scramble and work that much harder or look that much worse. A breaking point is reached and things are said because everyone's just so drat frustrated.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

And going through all this while also integrating 2 new members, one of whom is a 14 year old girl KKS randomly picked off the street. I can't imagine what that announcement is, they've just had success with their latest mini album/the tour. KKS is an insane rear end in a top hat.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

The allkpop article made it really confusing to parse out what exactly the insults were based on their translation of the tweets, but I found a link that made things much more clear.

http://oniontaker.com/post/28131098948/trans-120725-t-ara-situation

No idea what the context of the situation was, but God it was dumb of the girls to do it publicly over twitter. And seriously? 5 separate twitter accounts hacked simultaneously? C'mon, CCM.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Gonna repost what I posted on another forum:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2012/07/t-aras-hyomin-and-boram-fuels-fire.html

Looks like the netizens are siding with Hwayoung. I can't really blame them. Just because Eunjung and Soyeon etc performed with broken bones or whatever doesn't mean it's normal. If she's refusing to do it, good for her. Though I don't see how this situation can end well.

That performance was a hilarious disaster, by the way. Best part was Hyomin covering Hwayoung's part and literally writing the lyrics on her hand since she didn't know them.

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande

T. Mascis posted:

I can't imagine what that announcement is, they've just had success with their latest mini album/the tour. KKS is an insane rear end in a top hat.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to announce his engagement with Dani.

Why CEOs can't be as awesome as JYP?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I also like the Lee Soo Man approach where he basically never interacts with his artists and lets his army of experts handle all the work.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Now this is Korean drama I can get behind. :v:

I think that the other girls are just utterly frayed by being drat near worked to death for years and this is just the straw that broke the camels back. They're probably just lashing out at whatever they can.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I'm going hog wild for T-ara implosion. Especially like how Boram is giving her poo poo when she's probably the least talented in the group; well until the CEO threw a 12 year old in the mix.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

doomisland posted:

I'm going hog wild for T-ara implosion. Especially like how Boram is giving her poo poo when she's probably the least talented in the group; well until the CEO threw a 12 year old in the mix.

I totally agree - as useless as Hwayoung is (and as awful as rapping in k-pop is as a general rule), Boram's the only one down there with her.

I'm kind of sad, though, because the more popular members in T-ara are usually great variety guests. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the group as a whole, even though I think it probably is.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

The pHo posted:

Here's one for the natives - as everyone is undoubtedly aware, there was a bit of a cockup at the olympics the other night where someone somehow used the South Korean flags for the DPRK women's team.

Not being one to miss up an opportunity, a company put out an advert in the press today to capitalise on this.

The catchphrase should be 'You should have gone to Specsavers'. I typed it into Google Translate and it gave me 'John to be nice to go to x'. Naturally, I don't trust GT as far as I can throw it, but curious as to the accuracy of the translation into Korean?

Pretty bad failure, the Subject-verb location is completely wrong. I honestly did not know what the gently caress I was supposed to be getting from the ad until I saw the English message (you should've gone to specsavers) down there.

Specsavers should be in front of all the Korean.

Also, agreeing qbert on A Gentlemen's Dignity. Really likable (if a bit unrealistic) characters that make you root for them and watch the show. Maeari (echo in Korean) is actually my favorite. Yeah, stalkerish, but the show makes you feel so bad for her :ohdear:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had a feeling that would be the case. I'm sure it was a marketing guy who decided to put Specsavers at the end of the sentence as it would make sense to English readers (otherwise they might not have guessed it was supposed to represent their catchphrase).

Nice to know easily done work is still regularly screwed up in 2012!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Statement's been released. Hwayoung's out of the group and presumably out of CCM. They've voided her contract, leaving her free to go wherever she wants.

Best part?

quote:

“We wish to impress upon the fact that this has nothing to do with the ‘bullying’ reports surrounding T-ara. Although the staff of Core Contents Media stayed up into early morning discussing with the T-ara members who all wanted to stay with Hwayoung, we apologize in saying that we could not forsake the arguments of the staff members.”

Blame's been pinned on Hwayoung, making her out to be a problem that all the staff were complaining about. Shine on, Kim Kwang Soo.

Selane
May 19, 2006

By claiming he received complaints from "19 staff members" about Hwayoung and using that as his excuse for kicking her out, he's just trying to protect the reputations of the other members and trying to paint them in a positive light. Acting like they argued for her to stay, so he can try to make it look like the nameless staff are to blame, rather than the members that were harassing her. Pretty pointless though, their reputation is completely shot and with good cause.

Seriously, he could come up with something a little more plausible. What would an idol even have to do to get complaints from that many staff?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

"We wish Hwayoung the best, but seriously the entire staff hated her and complained about her shittiness."

Stay classy, CCM!

I actually like Hyomin, Eunjung, and Jiyeon, too. But I just can't stomach supporting their agency.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I want to at least keep liking Hyomin, but right now I have no idea what the hell is going on and I have a feeling I'm going to end up hating her before this is all over.

Hwayoung just tweeted "...진실없는 사실들" which, if I'm translating right, means "That's some bullshit right there."

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Now to wait for the fallout this week.

edit: ha her tweet has gotten over 12k retweets, drat. Also Hwayoung and CCM trending world wide.

doomisland fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 30, 2012

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm wondering if the other members will leave any more cryptic tweets. I also wonder what impact this will have on Hyoyoung. AND I'd like to see if any other idols comment on the issue or maybe Hwayoung will lash out and tell it like it is now that she's free to do so.

At the very least, this whole thing's pretty much made everyone forget about Nichkhun's accident, so he's gonna be feeling good right now.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Jamesman posted:

At the very least, this whole thing's pretty much made everyone forget about Nichkhun's accident, so he's gonna be feeling good right now.

They'll get packaged together in stories about how the pressure might be a bit too much on these idols and they're starting to crack. Everything related to CCM is nonsense though, they are trying so hard to blow up the one success that they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

This is the full press release apparently and it is a treat to read.

quote:

As T-ara lives their lives together, I feel that if someone places her/himself above the rest and rocks the boat, the overall stability of the team falters.

I wish to emphasize the fact that the ‘bullying’ reports surrounding T-ara have no basis in truth.

Early after their debut, T-ara went through many reports of several members being bullied (such as Eunjung, Soyeon, or Boram) but that was simply childish jealousy which did not pass two days, and they soon grew closer together.

During the recent concert, a total of 230 staff members moved together. The difference in ‘determination’ that the T-ara members have talked about did not mean whether or not the members could stand on stage.

If someone becomes lazy, or self-centered, and thinks only of oneself, that performance has no reprieve but to suffer flaws, and that kind of stage shines only on the outside. On the inside exists only a shallow longing to ‘show’ something. That is what ‘determination’ means – determination for the stars and the staff members alike.

The most important thing for the staff members and the artists is their health. Only if their body is healthy can they put on a good performance.

Eunjung tore her ligament when she fell on an icy road, and Jiyeon injured her leg during drama filming. She also broke her nose during the Osaka concert when she bumped into a lighting tower, requesting emergency surgery and took the stage afterwards, notwithstanding disagreements with the concert and company managers. She went through full treatment, lasting three days, after her return to Korea.

Hwayoung’s leg injury and her subsequent absence for the concert was for the protection of the star. Although she wanted to stand on stage, all the staff and T-ara members argued against her and she eventually took the stage only for her “Day by Day” performance, as per her wishes.

Therefore, the ‘determination’ that T-ara was talking about was not about standing on stage or otherwise.

Despite poor salary, countless staff members and managers are working hard behind the stars. Driving while missing out on sleep, being on alert 24 hours a day, checking their makeup behind the stage, the staff work hard because they all have the common goal of creating the rise of the next top-level star.

Most staff members, including the on-site manager, are living in either small homes or in dormitories with 3-7 other people. If those people feel sadness due to a certain celebrity, or decide to seek another path because they feel that what they’re doing isn’t right, then the T-ara who gives happiness and joy to many people are nothing more than facades in front of the audience.

Because the eight members of T-ara put teamwork ahead of their selves, they respected the decision of the 19 staff members. Because there couldn’t be any more staff members going through such pain, this decision was made after much debate.

I also thought for a long time whether or not this was the right path, and know that it hurts akin to cutting out one’s own flesh. However, I made the decision based on T-ara’s future and continued existence, and together with the staff we sat up until 7 AM this morning convincing the T-ara members.

Again, I stress that there was no bullying taking place between the T-ara members and Hwayoung and all such reports are without truth.

Earlier, I mentioned during T-ara’s switch from 7 to 9 members that the possibility of member changes existed for those who did not work hard enough or inflicted damage upon other members.

If T-ara becomes lazy or puts themselves first, then the group will become empty on the inside. Therefore, the first priority would be humility, basic manners, and their character.

That is the only way I feel T-ara will continue to become a true Hallyu idol.

Since Hwayoung has much promise as a rapper, Core Contents Media has decided to end her contract without conditions and believe that she will grow into the future as a free artist.

We deeply apologize for the many incidents which made everyone who loved T-ara nervous and worried, and we have nothing but sadness to convey such an unsettling incident on their third anniverary.

Although we, the staff of Core Contents Media, stayed up into early morning discussing with the T-ara members who all wanted to stay with Hwayoung, we apologize to the members in saying that we could not forsake the arguments of the staff members.

Lastly, we again express our sadness to the T-ara members and wish for the best to Hwayoung and her successful rapping career.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/full-press-release-from-core-contents-media-regarding-hwayoungs-departure-from-t-ara

• Locked thread