Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

McDowell posted:

Al Qaeda: The official boogeyman of everyone who wants sympathy.

Wasn't Qaddafi fighting against Al Qaeda influence too?

Assad is fighting terrorists/Al Qaeda.

It's almost as if Al Qaeda is a phantom enemy on par with Anonymous.

I don't think the violence inside the capital is the first sign of the overthrow of Bashar, but the increasing creep of the war zone into Damascus is definitely going to ratchet up the pressure.

Love the Assad Mural. Looking forward to its inevitable graffiting and piecemeal sale on Ebay. I want a part of the boy on the right skipping forward with flowers. He's just so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

McDowell posted:

Unless I'm the one misreading him, that quote is him claiming that Assad is in league with Al Qaeda.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Here's a video of Syrian State TV interviewing people in al-Midan (neighborhood in Damascus) and asking if anything happening there and they're like "ma fi shi" (there's nothing happening) while you can hear gunfire in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5ZWTgmb5k

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alchenar posted:

Unless I'm the one misreading him, that quote is him claiming that Assad is in league with Al Qaeda.

The other guy is always in league with Al Qaeda/terrorists :ssh:

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Xandu posted:

Here's a video of Syrian State TV interviewing people in al-Midan (neighborhood in Damascus) and asking if anything happening there and they're like "ma fi shi" (there's nothing happening) while you can hear gunfire in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5ZWTgmb5k

The bullet sound effects seem a little suspiciously well-timed.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
heh, didn't notice the heavily armed soldiers patrolling the street until after I read the comments.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 17, 2012

Benzoyl Peroxide
Jun 6, 2007

[C6H5C(O)]2O2
It's like something out of a comedy

Edit: It only needs a laughter track

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Martin Random posted:

The bullet sound effects seem a little suspiciously well-timed.

It's taken from an al-Arabiya report. While they're far from neutral, I doubt they'd make it up.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ghetto Prince posted:

heh, didn't notice the heavily armed soldiers patrolling the street until after I read the comments.

Yeah, I spotted them when the interviewer started to move his subject around to get them out of the framing of the shot.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Weapons captured from the Syrian Army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMRspq3wysU

Looks like some pretty heavy duty stuff.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Xandu posted:

Weapons captured from the Syrian Army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMRspq3wysU

Looks like some pretty heavy duty stuff.

Eh, nothing specially. Looks like about 8 RPGs without laucher. A few TOW missles, I think. Again, do not see the launching components. And some 7.62 ammo it appears. Maybe a couple hundred rounds. I stand corrected.

e: Though, you could rig up a couple decent IEDs. If we are not already, we should be supplying them with as many Javelin's as possible. Sryia has a large armored force, and Javelins would cut through them like hot butter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUb23XCTCY

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 17, 2012

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
That's a couple of AT-3 Sagger/Malyutka anti-tank missiles and a bunch of BMP-1 main gun or SPG-9 recoilless rifle ammo. They and the ammo belts could be taken from a BMP-1, or sold separately.

Actually it sounds like he says B-M-P when showing the 73mm ammunition, but I might be projecting.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 17, 2012

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I didn't really expect widespread military operation against government in Damascus, it seems to caught Assad's forces off guard. Maybe they should capture SANA/State TV HQ and Russia Today studio in the city and make public announcements while they're at it.

+News:

quote:

Syrian rebels push war into capital Damascus

BEIRUT (AP) -- Syrian rebels fired grenades at tanks and troops while regime armor shelled Damascus neighborhoods on Monday, sending terrified families fleeing the most sustained and widespread fighting in the capital since the start of the uprising 16 months ago.

A ring of fierce clashes nearly encircled the heavily guarded capital as rebels seeking to overthrow President Bashar Assad pushed the civil war that has been building in Syria's impoverished provinces closer to the seat of power.

While the clashes were focused in a string of neighborhoods in the city's southwest, for many of its 4 million people the violence brought scarily close to home the strife that has deeply scarred other Syrian cities.

In high-end downtown cafes frequented by the business and government elite tightly bound to the Assad regime, customers watched as black smoke billowed on the horizon and the boom of government shells reverberated in the distance.

"Without a doubt, this is all anyone is talking about today," a Damascus activist who gave his name as Noor Bitar said via Skype. "The sounds of war are clear throughout the city. They are bouncing off the buildings."

Map of Damascus:

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

truth masseuse posted:

Eh, nothing specially. Looks like about 8 RPGs without laucher. A few TOW missles, I think. Again, do not see the launching components. And some 7.62 ammo it appears. Maybe a couple hundred rounds. I stand corrected.

Nenonen posted:

That's a couple of AT-3 Sagger/Malyutka anti-tank missiles and a bunch of BMP-1 main gun or SPG-9 recoilless rifle ammo. They and the ammo belts could be taken from a BMP-1, or sold separately.

Actually it sounds like he says B-M-P when showing the 73mm ammunition, but I might be projecting.

As I've probably said before in this thread, I know very little about weapons. They do look more impressive than a lot of what the FSA has been using, though I did see a video earlier today of them using a b-10 rifle.

What is that orange rocket?

edit: You're right, he says BMP shells

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

Anyway, to avoid a derail I've come across another unique and exciting video from Syria, this time the first time a tank has been recorded being used by the FSA in Syria.

This is from a page back, but this is a bit of a distressing development. Willingness to use a tank in a guerrilla war seems to indicate that whoever is in charge of the FSA forces in Rastan is trying to form a jacquerie, which will certainly end badly. It makes you wonder what their long term plan is.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Xandu posted:

What is that orange rocket?

A rich source of vitamin C.

There's two types, fragment and anti-tank (HEAT), and are colour-coded accordingly. Probably the orange is the fragmenting shell.

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

i poo poo trains posted:

This is from a page back, but this is a bit of a distressing development. Willingness to use a tank in a guerrilla war seems to indicate that whoever is in charge of the FSA forces in Rastan is trying to form a jacquerie, which will certainly end badly. It makes you wonder what their long term plan is.

I looked up that word but I still don't understand what you're saying. It's already a civil war.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

hepatizon posted:

I looked up that word but I still don't understand what you're saying. It's already a civil war.

I was using in the sense of a standing irregular army (as opposed to a traditional insurgency). Google says that that's a more obscure use of the term though, I probably should've been more specific about it.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

i poo poo trains posted:

I was using in the sense of a standing irregular army (as opposed to a traditional insurgency). Google says that that's a more obscure use of the term though, I probably should've been more specific about it.

Yes, you should have. You need not impress us with your perspicacity. :eng101: How does one even qualify a traditional v. non-traditional insurgency? I dunno. It's all semantics. It's a loving war, plain and simple.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If my enemy had the kindness of giving me a perfectly good tank i'd use it. I never heard anyone having ethical problems with using tanks.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Mans posted:

If my enemy had the kindness of giving me a perfectly good tank i'd use it. I never heard anyone having ethical problems with using tanks.

Tanks are so retro-cold war era anyway. The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle is the new hotness.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

truth masseuse posted:

Yes, you should have. You need not impress us with your perspicacity. :eng101: How does one even qualify a traditional v. non-traditional insurgency? I dunno. It's all semantics. It's a loving war, plain and simple.
A traditional insurgency doesn't drive around in tanks and pretend it's a field army. The concerning thing about having a tonka truck tank corps isn't an ethical problem but rather the fact that operating them requires a level of organization that, while probably technically feasible considering the resources the FSA has, is strategically disastrous. By forming a standing army they put too many eggs in a too large and too fragile a basket. An insurgency wins by preserving themselves until the other army can't or won't keep fighting. They don't win by destroying the enemy army. If they think they can approach this Libya-style by forming an army and marching on Damascus they will be crushed.

So yes, semantics, but very important semantics.

Sivias
Dec 12, 2006

I think we can just sit around and just talk about our feelings.
Well, you're presuming the FSA is at a military disadvantage. The number of defected soldiers vs. actual Syrian Army soldiers in the field may not be as uneven as you think.

I watched the interview with the recently defected ambassador to Iraq on Al Jazeera and he was saying the army is only sending it's most elite and loyal forces into the field for fear of further defections. Moral in the Syrian army can't be high.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

i poo poo trains posted:

A traditional insurgency doesn't drive around in tanks and pretend it's a field army. The concerning thing about having a tonka truck tank corps isn't an ethical problem but rather the fact that operating them requires a level of organization that, while probably technically feasible considering the resources the FSA has, is strategically disastrous. By forming a standing army they put too many eggs in a too large and too fragile a basket. An insurgency wins by preserving themselves until the other army can't or won't keep fighting. They don't win by destroying the enemy army. If they think they can approach this Libya-style by forming an army and marching on Damascus they will be crushed.

So yes, semantics, but very important semantics.

A lot of assumption you are making considering none of us are on the ground in Syria. We do not know the true disposition of the Syrian army. Defectors at the highest level of government are fleeing the country. This is obviously not good for Assad loyalists. Forming a standing army and demonstrating that they are a force to to be reckoned with could potentially draw battalions of the less loyal forces that undoubtedly exist at this point. Though, I am making some assumptions as well.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Sivias posted:

Well, you're presuming the FSA is at a military disadvantage. The number of defected soldiers vs. actual Syrian Army soldiers in the field may not be as uneven as you think.

I watched the interview with the recently defected ambassador to Iraq on Al Jazeera and he was saying the army is only sending it's most elite and loyal forces into the field for fear of further defections. Moral in the Syrian army can't be high.

Morale in the Syrian army, by most every account is pretty lovely. It would not underestimate the dire consequences of trying to field a rebel army against them though. The differences in equipment are way to severe for that to turn out well. That being said, I doubt this tank is a signal that such a thing is occurring.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

i poo poo trains posted:

Jacquerie, when it's used, is usually used in the specific technical sense of "rioting mob in the countryside that kills their landlords etc., usually ending with them dying horribly upon encountering actual trained soldiers." Your phrase implies the second half of that, but not so much the first.

Bruno
Jul 16, 2012

McDowell posted:

I tend to agree with you, i have seen videos of them posing with the rebels, and the flags of Al Qaeda.

Anyone remember this?
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/cd/c6/1342399625_9313_0.jpg

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Bruno, I think you need to spend some time researching the history of the black flag and then you might actually understand why it doesn't necessarily represent al-Qaeda. It's the Islamic equivilant of the England flag, just because it's commonly associated with the BNP doesn't mean every who wave it is a right wing bigot. I'm often unsure if people who claim it's an "al-Qaeda flag" are doing it out of ignorance and stupidity or trying to decieve on purpose. Which are you?

Bruno
Jul 16, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

Bruno, I think you need to spend some time researching the history of the black flag and then you might actually understand why it doesn't necessarily represent al-Qaeda. It's the Islamic equivilant of the England flag, just because it's commonly associated with the BNP doesn't mean every who wave it is a right wing bigot. I'm often unsure if people who claim it's an "al-Qaeda flag" are doing it out of ignorance and stupidity or trying to decieve on purpose. Which are you?

Oh you mean like that black flag which raised up in eastern Libya court? which is the same one been used in Sryia, i have seen multiple videos of the mujahideen whom of them have ties with al qaeda and there has been videos now on YoutTube Tributeing them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cXW79q_DFQ
Seen the here black flag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4mZjbWroOA
The flag meaning.
http://weloveislam.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/jihad-and-khilafah-flags.gif

The jihad and khilafah
http://undhimmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/khilafah-flag-of-jihad.png
I have studied and researched it pretty heavily on this matter of topic.

( I'm often unsure if people who claim it's an "al-Qaeda flag" are doing it out of ignorance and stupidity or trying to decieve on purpose. Which are you?)

Are you suggesting that i am deceiving people? even though it has been reported by a reporter who some how is in Syria surprisingly.

As reported in here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9396256/Al-Qaeda-tries-to-carve-out-a-war-for-itself-in-Syria.html dont take my word for it.
By Ruth Sherlock, Idlib Province and claimed as by the FSA.

("An al Qaeda group led by a man who called himself Abu Saddiq took control in Der Tezzeh," said one FSA rebel speaking on condition of anonymity. )

Right speaking on the condition of anonymity, which has been widely know by a few people who have talked about the issue since Libya.

("He wanted to build a religious country. He did not want democracy but a religious leader in power. He wanted to use suicide bombers as a way of fighting government troops in the area." )

This was reported and posted on the telegraph largely the telegraph is one sided with the rebels, but for them to admit that the terrorists are in Syria with aiding the FSA groups, is a surprise.

But if anyone who has been following it since Libya its pretty clear, terrorists terrorists have infiltrated Syria from Turkey, even Libya.

The black flag represents Jihad, the call for Jihad.

One source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Standard
For example my good friend if you are interested in geopolitics.

Here's another exmaple of the flag in a another conflict, (Not in Syria)
http://sheikyermami.com/2012/04/02/africa-jihad-mali-falls-black-flag-of-islam-flies-over-timbuktu/

(— Residents said on Monday that the ominous black flag of an Islamist rebel faction is now flying over Mali’s fabled city of Timbuktu, which over the weekend became the last major government stronghold in the country’s north to fall to the rebel advance.)

A similar flag in Syria been used by the FSA fighters in some areas. The point is, do the FSA want an Sunni backed Islamist government as seen in Egypt?

Oh and also more prefect english protest signs were spotted here.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/07/16/syria.html

You think Syrians would write that well in English?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Bruno posted:

You think Syrians would write that well in English?
Why should we not believe that the answer can very well be "yes, Syrians can write that well in English"?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
No Syrians can write in English. This is well known. In fact, it has been proven that Arabs are genetically incapable of learning European languages, much like how Americans cannot learn geography.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

But none of that proves that holding that particular flag automatically means you belong to al-Qaeda. Calling it the flag of al-Qaeda is like calling the England flag the flag of the BNP. It's deliberately giving only half the story to paint members Syrian opposition as belonging to al-Qaeda.

Speaking of giving only half the story, Manaf Tlass appears to be appearing to give a speech where he positions himself as a transitional leader

quote:

Manaf Tlass, a prominent Republican Guard general who defected to Paris earlier this month, is expected to a deliver a speech in the next few days aimed at underlining his claims to a post-Assad leadership position. "He is going to approach the political, military, and social vision for the future," a close friend of the Tlass family told the Guardian. The family friend said that Tlass was consulting foreign governments as well as the opposition Syrian National Council about the speech.

As I've blogged about before, he allegedly has connections to the French far right, was involved with the funding of the Voltaire Network International and Thierry Meyssan, and his family owned business has a long history of publishing anti-Semitic books.

Bruno
Jul 16, 2012

Chortles posted:

Why should we not believe that the answer can very well be "yes, Syrians can write that well in English"?
Well i doubt that very often, i will explain why, lets have an example, so if there was an American Spring in America and there were reporters with the protesters.

Tell me which language do you think the protesters would be using? European? Arabic? or maybe Russian? do you think those American Spring Protesters would use Russian in there protest signs?
Highly unlikely, so if i was an Arab living in a Muslim country i would rather use the words in Arabic and not in English, no matter if you wanted to attract a reader or if the reader of a news site doesn't understand Arabic.

Surely there are highly enough talented translators who could easily translate the sign while making the news article right Chortles?
There are more over then 100 or more translators who could easily translate it, so why the need for the protest signs to be in English?

For further looking here are some of them.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/1/27/1327672704992/Kafranabel.jpg

You think the Syrians would really write something like that?
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/3/30/1333116300000/annanonknees.jpg
Same area.
http://data.whicdn.com/images/20696794/Syria_Protest_large.jpg
Reminds of that Libyan protest sign.
Gaddafi times is up.
http://english.al-akhbar.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/5cols/leading_images/Protest_20012012_1.jpg
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/fp_uploaded_images/120703_syria%20poster%201.jpg

Lord of the thrones? again in English.

Remember this protest sign in Libya?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhdboizMtg1qb5aavo1_500.jpg

Oil for the west? so i take from the sign is that the libyans are willing to sell there country for oil? because if you look at the sign the way it was made.

It was made pretty clear as a message for someone, or group didn't it.

And what a surprise the BP company just started there oil operations just after the revolution.
BP to resume oil operations in Libya
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18256587

(BP signed an exploration and production agreement with Libya's National Oil Corporation in 2007, but suspended the contract in February 2011 because of the war.)

Bruno fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 17, 2012

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The most widespread language in the world is English, if you want to grab the attention of the international community you use English.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Bruno posted:

Well i doubt that very often, i will explain why, lets have an example, so if there was an American Spring in America and there were reporters with the protesters.

Tell me which language do you think the protesters would be using? European? Arabic? or maybe Russian? do you think those American Spring Protesters would use Russian in there protest signs?
Highly unlikely, so if i was an Arab living in a Muslim country i would rather use the words in Arabic and not in English, no matter if you wanted to attract a reader or if the reader of a news site doesn't understand Arabic.

Surely there are highly enough talented translators who could easily translate the sign while making the news article right Chortles?
There are more over then 100 or more translators who could easily translate it, so why the need for the protest signs to be in English?

For further looking here are some of them.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/1/27/1327672704992/Kafranabel.jpg

You think the Syrians would really write something like that?
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/3/30/1333116300000/annanonknees.jpg
Same area.
http://data.whicdn.com/images/20696794/Syria_Protest_large.jpg
Reminds of that Libyan protest sign.
Gaddafi times is up.
http://english.al-akhbar.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/5cols/leading_images/Protest_20012012_1.jpg
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/fp_uploaded_images/120703_syria%20poster%201.jpg

Lord of the thrones? again in English.

Remember this protest sign in Libya?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhdboizMtg1qb5aavo1_500.jpg

Oil for the west? so i take from the sign is that the libyans are willing to sell there country for oil? because if you look at the sign the way it was made.

It was made pretty clear as a message for someone, or group didn't it.

Do you think the Syrian people are incapable of understanding how to appeal to certain audiences in the West? How a sign in English is more likely to be featured in English language news services? How modern media and communication allows for an image from a town in Syria to be seen across the world?

I always find it ironic that people who have the same attitude as you, a rather colonialist and imperialist attitude towards the Syrian people, tend to be anti-imperialist types.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Brown Moses posted:

Do you think the Syrian people are incapable of understanding how to appeal to certain audiences in the West? How a sign in English is more likely to be featured in English language news services? How modern media and communication allows for an image from a town in Syria to be seen across the world?

I always find it ironic that people who have the same attitude as you, a rather colonialist and imperialist attitude towards the Syrian people, tend to be anti-imperialist types.

Perhaps Bruno was expecting Esperanto.

International business is conducted in English. It's taught at an early age in practically all developed countries and most if not all developing countries. If you want to talk to someone in another country, you try English first.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 17, 2012

Bruno
Jul 16, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

Well Brown last year before any formations,,killings started i have noticed just like again in this year the rebel side started using children as young as 12 year olds in there protest groups,for example an English sign and the innocent children.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/5/6/1304680405068/Protest-in-Banias-Syria--004.jpg
http://ilga.org/ilga/static/uploads/images/2011/5/2/protest%20-%20syria.jpg

You think Children would understand whats going on around them? hardly not, do you think what they are doing is appropriate? as i said before in 2011.

Assad is no angle but so aren't the rebels, from what i have seen so far it seems at leas they are far worse then Assad.
Its true that Assad did start a war in Lebanon with his neighbor, but thats in the past.

But what makes you think for what the rebels are doing when they start using children as child soldiers is fair in War?

At least sadly this making the Libyan rebels look better then the Sryian rebels in a way.

As for my post the Jihad Flags, well Brown if you were in Israel or Bosnia you would have viewed it differently by now.

During the Bosnian war in Bosnian the Muslims had the support of different terrorist groups from Saudi Arabia and Pakistani terrorists, i will show you this video which surprisingly again is an Tribute to them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFsfCD4Z_RQ

The flag starts at 2:50 The Flag of Jihad, below the Bosnian Banner.
Brown did you kbow that the same mujahideen is also in Palestine?

As for General Manaf Tlass, i am still waiting for an actual confirmation of his defection, so far the only confirmation has been the mainstream news outlets.

Brown i have been following Syria from enduringamerica, thats whee i have been following most of the updates on Syria rather then those claims made on twitter.

Brown Moses posted:

But none of that proves that holding that particular flag automatically means you belong to al-Qaeda. Calling it the flag of al-Qaeda is like calling the England flag the flag of the BNP. It's deliberately giving only half the story to paint members Syrian opposition as belonging to al-Qaeda.

Speaking of giving only half the story, Manaf Tlass appears to be appearing to give a speech where he positions himself as a transitional leader

As I've blogged about before, he allegedly has connections to the French far right, was involved with the funding of the Voltaire Network International and Thierry Meyssan, and his family owned business has a long history of publishing anti-Semitic books.

Bruno
Jul 16, 2012

The Entire Universe posted:

Perhaps Bruno was expecting Esperanto.

International business is conducted in English. It's taught at an early age in practically all developed countries and most if not all developing countries. If you want to talk to someone in another country, you try English first.

I know that,however i was questioning the way the sings and with English words they were used in those protest signs.

You think an Sryian protester or any protester would rather say the A Word? or eggplant? the last time i checked that A slang phrase is often used in America isn't it not?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Bruno, you are moving the goalposts with your flag chat, your initial claim that it's they are "flags of Al Qaeda" is a half-truth, one that's repeated by various anti-imperialist types to propagate their belief that al-Qaeda are a major part of the FSA (if not all of them).

And what has 12 year olds got to do with whether or not Syrians are capable of producing those signs? Everytime you get challanged on a point you make you are changing the subject, which to me suggests you are unable to back up any of your points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Bruno posted:

As for General Manaf Tlass, i am still waiting for an actual confirmation of his defection, so far the only confirmation has been the mainstream news outlets.
This sentence is adorable. I want to take take it home and hug it and pet it and name it Fluffy.

• Locked thread