Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I love how the person who made that image automatically associates an increase of employees in the IRS with higher taxes. Do they think that the tax man is going to come to their door twice a year now that they have the manpower?
These are the same people who equate closing a tax loophole with increasing taxes. If the goal is to force government to shrink itself due to lack of tax revenue, it doesn't really matter whether tax revenues increase due to new taxes or better enforcement; Both are equally bad.

hirvox fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Sarion posted:

Its a well known fact that IRS agents can only collect a fixed amount of money each. Because those numbers in the spreadsheets and databases get really heavy.

Also all those 1's that gotta be carried.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Guilty Spork posted:

When someone linked to the inevitable Snopes debunking, he replied that other "reputable websites" (which from a quick Google search seems to actually mean "conservative blogs and nothing else at all) say differently.

I demolished a guy on Facebook who posted this one just by linking him to actual videos of Obama's Memorial Day speeches on Youtube, along with an admonishment that he should've at least Google searched first. Kinda hard to say Obama didn't make a speech when there's VIDEO of him doing it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Alien Arcana posted:

About 160,000 metric tons of gold have been mined in human history. The current price of gold is, if I'm reading this correctly, about $1,500 per ounce (about 28 g). Solve for x, and we get... slightly over $8.5 trillion.

Our GDP is almost twice that. Even if the US somehow rounded up all the gold in the world we wouldn't have nearly enough to cover our own GDP. I'm not an economist but that doesn't sound like that would work very well.

Maybe that will help get people get the picture?

(Of course, that's nothing compared to the problems faced by the folks who want to go back to gold itself, rather than just gold-backed currency. Making $40k now? Congrats, your new salary is two pounds of gold. Good luck carving off 1-gram pieces of it to pay for your groceries!)

Oh it wasn't even about that, he was going on about how according to the Constitution or something, the Fed is technically forging money by printing it and Austrian Economics, that sort of thing. He claimed not to know much about Paul, that these were his own conclusions.

It's weird, because he's a very smart guy and was something of a mentor when I was younger, he's always been apolitical and rational. Then I give him and his wife a lift home and thats what he wants to talk about the whole ride there.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Popular Human posted:

I demolished a guy on Facebook who posted this one just by linking him to actual videos of Obama's Memorial Day speeches on Youtube, along with an admonishment that he should've at least Google searched first. Kinda hard to say Obama didn't make a speech when there's VIDEO of him doing it.

Well that specific image says he didn't go to the D-Day memorial. I'm sure there is one saying the same thing about Memorial Day though. Of course, the D-Day thing is false, sort of spectacularly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Popular Human posted:

That is just liberal propaganda. Obama faked it and it is just a green screen.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It's the Muslim Memorial Day for the martyrs who died in jihad.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
The Rutland County Vermont GOP posted this delightful message on their Facebook page yesterday, that's since been pulled:

Rutland County GOP posted:

Just wanted to let you know - today I received my 2012 Social Security Stimulus Package. It contained two tomato seeds, cornbread mix, a prayer rug, a machine to blow smoke up my butt, 2 discount coupons to KFC, an "Obama Hope & Change" bumper sticker, and a "Blame it on Bush" poster for the front yard. The directions were in Spanish. Watch for yours soon.

Their Facebook page is like a catalog of lovely Photoshops from this thread:
https://www.facebook.com/RutlandGOP

They updated a little while ago with this 'apology':

Rutland County GOP posted:

***OFFICIAL STATEMENT***

I totally regret that some members of the Democratic party were offended by the satirical post on this page yesterday. There were some that commented on the post that they did not see how the possibly inflammatory comments were anything other political commentary. This page is not the original author and the intent was to show the author's frustration at the current economic situation that he/she finds themselves in.

I realize now that there are those that were deeply offended and for that I am very saddened and I will make sure that our editoral process will result in posts to our pages that reflect the spirit of good natured political discussions. My hope is that we can get back to the critical dialog necessary to move Vermont and the US back towards economic prosperity.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rob Towle
Chairman
Rutland County GOP

The old 'so sorry you were offended at our racism' apology.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Red Warrior posted:

The Rutland County Vermont GOP posted this delightful message on their Facebook page yesterday, that's since been pulled:

Wow... the blatant racism and the guy thinks people were just outraged because it made fun of "Democrats"?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I never knew that implying that black people enjoyed cornbread and fried chicken was considered satire.

HMDK
Sep 5, 2009

...and they all pretend they're orphans, and their memory's like a train

Nenonen posted:

It's the Muslim Memorial Day for the martyrs who died in jihad.

Nenonen, expect to be quoted as a source in a future insane email forward.

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

Yeah gently caress you Obama. I didn't need a "police force" and "public roads" and "free primary/secondary education", my business would have been successful anyway!

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Amarkov posted:

Yeah gently caress you Obama. I didn't need a "police force" and "public roads" and "free primary/secondary education", my business would have been successful anyway!

That is incredible, he wrote that whole thing backwards.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Amarkov posted:

God, that talking point is going to drive me mad, I already have had three business major friends going "UH NO, OBAMA I DID DO IT ALL ALONE" including one motherfucker who's 'business' is literally him just waiting for his father to retire so he can take over the business.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Yeah, as much as I loved the points Obama made in that speech, the second I saw that particular line it was pretty obvious it was going to be the main GOP talking point for the next week or so, regardless of its actual context. He didn't really think the phrasing of it through.

Windozer
Nov 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Popular Human posted:

Obamelgangers.

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
rGIS really is really a neat tool. I mean, it's pretty self-evident that most of these talking point du jour image macros are sniped from somewhere and written over with a MS paint, crayon, etc. It's kind of a fun game to find their original home though.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
They pay taxes so its not benefiting from the government. It's everyone else who are the leaches.

This was the exact argument I ran across today. Aviation business. Airports, air traffic control. Nope, no government help.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Ok, so, more Facebook nonsense:

A link to this blog entry got posted:

quote:

President Obama Insulted My Dad

Said President Obama today:

“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

My father lost his job as an electrician in 1968, due to cutbacks and his lack of seniority. He then started his own electrical company—out of the trunk of his car. No one helped him. His parents didn’t support him, and in fact, his own father told him he was stupid for even trying.

Said President Obama today:

“Look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own… You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.”

Obama is right. There are a lot of smart people out there. And a lot of them weren’t as smart as my father, who created one of the most enduring electrical contracting companies in the state of South Carolina from scratch.

Obama is right. There are a lot of hardworking people out there. And many of them didn’t work as hard as my father did to become such a great business success—against all the odds and with little help or outside support.

My Dad is the smartest and most hardworking person I know. It is true that most people can’t become successful without at least some help.

But Dad would not have been a success if he wasn’t Jack Hunter, my father—an individual with unique talent, skills and ambition that many others lack.

My father is the perfect example of the American Dream. His achievements were hard-fought and well earned.

And he did it on his own.

It feels like this is just more Randite bullshit, but is there a trend or something in conservative circles right now to pretend that John Donne was wrong? Is anyone able to parse the thing about 'societal' obligations? Why societal is in quotes, or anything about this poo poo?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Click the Like button on that last comment, thanks.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I would but that's me.

edit:
Ok, just finished reading last couple pages of this thread. How the gently caress is telling the President, "Um, no, in fact, some men are indeed islands" a conservative talking point now?

Seriously, is this our political discourse?

Keshik fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 17, 2012

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Keshik posted:

I would but that's me.

edit:
Ok, just finished reading last couple pages of this thread. How the gently caress is telling the President, "Um, no, in fact, some men are indeed islands" a conservative talking point now?

The Republican Party is basically at the peak of its slow shift to The Rand Party, they block everything based on "NO GOVERNMENT" and when you bring up things like a social contract and the concept of societies they just go "Pft, yea right, commie, I'm my own man" and could not give less of a poo poo about an actual discussion because then it becomes pure ego.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Keshik posted:

I would but that's me.

edit:

It's a conservative talking point because it allows them to get out of paying taxes and caring about those other people who helped make this society what it is that allowed them to be successful. If you didn't take any help from anyone else on your way to success, then you don't owe anyone else anything and don't have to contribute some of the money you made to maintaining the institutions and services that allowed you to earn that money. If you did utilize outside help, resources, services, societal benefits, etc. but refuse to pay for their upkeep, then you're a selfish prick who's basically stealing from public goods as a free rider.

Glitterbomber posted:

The Republican Party is basically at the peak of its slow shift to The Rand Party, they block everything based on "NO GOVERNMENT" and when you bring up things like a social contract and the concept of societies they just go "Pft, yea right, commie, I'm my own man" and could not give less of a poo poo about an actual discussion because then it becomes pure ego.

But it's not really "NO GOVERNMENT," it's "GOVERNMENT DOING THE THINGS I LIKE," which is basically anything that that helps conservative, White, heterosexual, Christian males and tells everyone else to "gently caress off." This includes large increases to the military budget and war spending; increased border patrols, building some kind of border fence, and racially profiling Latinos; subsidies to Christian-based charities (e.g. those that promote abstinence-only sex ed); charter schools; corporate subsidies; and various other pet causes for conservatives.

Ron Paul and tea baggers kind of buck this behavior, but at the expense of being batshit crazy, e.g. Ron Paul is against a border fence because he thinks it would be used against Americans

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Red Warrior posted:

Thank you so much for showing me this page, it is ridiculous.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

EnsGDT posted:

Thank you so much for showing me this page, it is ridiculous.

Um, they do know that it's Romney who's being made fun of there, right?

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Keshik posted:

Ok, so, more Facebook nonsense:

A link to this blog entry got posted:

It feels like this is just more Randite bullshit, but is there a trend or something in conservative circles right now to pretend that John Donne was wrong? Is anyone able to parse the thing about 'societal' obligations? Why societal is in quotes, or anything about this poo poo?

A person's worth isn't merely the wage they are paid. There is inherent worth in them merely existing, in taking a position in society so you yourself don't have to. You could be the richest man in the nation but that means dick all if you have to till your own loving fields.

Trivia fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 17, 2012

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Bruce Leroy posted:

Um, they do know that it's Romney who's being made fun of there, right?

Uh no? If someone has a ton of money they are clearly a self made superman so why would this be an insult in any way?

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Huffington Post picked up the Rutland County story, slow news day I guess (link)

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

Good responses Keshik!

quote:

If that is what he refers to, why state it? They were all paid fairly and voluntarily.

Are we really going to argue he was not discussing the 'societal' obligations through taxation and welfare?

Its probably arguable about whether some of those people were paid fairly, there are lots of people who work hard to provide benefits to either their employers or society at large (migrant farmers, social workers, even many teachers) who are not actually paid fairly. But ignoring that...

Of course he was talking about taxation and welfare. Those roads were built, educations paid for, police force trained and paid for, research carried out, thanks to tax money. The fact that he and his employees can eat a ham sandwich for lunch without worrying about trichinosis? Taxes.

Welfare programs are even more important because they not only provide social stability that your business needs to thrive (like unemployment benefits, and food stamps when your customers fall on hard times), it has moral implications as well. This is shown pretty starkly in People of the Abyss. In some ways that book is depressing in the how much hasn't changed, especially regarding how people view the poor. But it also shows just how far things have come since 1902. Especially the part about the Carter and the Carpenter. Two men who worked hard, successful at their own trades for decades; but eventually forced out of business when their bodies became too old to keep up with younger men. Their spouses and children had all died from war or disease, leaving them completely alone with no way to make money. So they went from hard working, intelligent, productive members of society, to living on the streets and occasionally getting work in workhouses, which treated them as slaves-for-a-day in return for one night in a lovely bed, some gruel, stale bread and a lump of cheese. Now we have welfare programs to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. Because workhouses are the invisible hand of the market's solution to the poor and elderly. And its just loving wrong. There's really no other argument that needs to be made, its just flat out immoral.

I almost can't believe how upset people are about Obama stating something that is completely factual. "[S]omebody invested in roads and bridges; if you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the internet, so that all the companies could make money off the internet."

I mean these are undeniable facts. Your business didn't make the roads you use or invent from the ground up all the technology you use. I can't believe this is even something to argue over. Though I can see how the line gets taken out of context, "if you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.". He's obviously saying you didn't build those roads and bridges, but if you take just that line it implies he's saying you didn't build your business, someone else did. Which technically is also true, even out of context, but much harder to defend.

Sarion fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 17, 2012

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bruce Leroy posted:

Ron Paul and tea baggers kind of buck this behavior, but at the expense of being batshit crazy, e.g. Ron Paul is against a border fence because he thinks it would be used against Americans

Mr. Consistent has flipflopped on that. He thinks we should build a border fence again, and has voted for building a border fence in the past.

I think he just got upset that the people on stage were arguing for landmining and electrifying the fence, so he went off about putting machine guns on it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Amarkov posted:

This one just popped up and the one guy arguing about how Obama isn't actually a tax raising, business loathing devil could use a hand. Anything quick and easy I can point to that shows that taxes haven't been raised, and he's not actually anti-business and socialist?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

jojoinnit posted:

This one just popped up and the one guy arguing about how Obama isn't actually a tax raising, business loathing devil could use a hand. Anything quick and easy I can point to that shows that taxes haven't been raised, and he's not actually anti-business and socialist?

Anti-business is a lovely frame to begin with. No one in America is "anti-business"; there are people who want companies to pay a more progressive tax schedule and be responsible for their gently caress ups and want to close the income and wealth disparities in our country a bit. What you need to do is ask them for specific examples of provisions Obama supports that they view as anti-business with cited sources; vague generalities are pretty worthless in terms of useful discussion because you can shift the goal posts a lot easier that way.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

Anti-business is a lovely frame to begin with. No one in America is "anti-business"; there are people who want companies to pay a more progressive tax schedule and be responsible for their gently caress ups and want to close the income and wealth disparities in our country a bit. What you need to do is ask them for specific examples of provisions Obama supports that they view as anti-business with cited sources; vague generalities are pretty worthless in terms of useful discussion because you can shift the goal posts a lot easier that way.
Already did, but I was hoping people knew of impartial sources I can link to that state things like the current tax rate in comparison to previous administrations and the like. Just so I've got a back up source. I don't think they'd trust Think Progress and Snopes links tend to be super specific.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
Some people have invented a Gmail add-on that automatically checks for keywords in common forwards, and then automatically presents links that debunk them: http://www.lazytruth.com

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Meet Maine 's New Governor --- I hope this makes its way around the USA several times!!!!!

Meet Maine's New Governor --- In case you haven't heard about this guy before, his name will stick in your mind!
The new Maine Governor, Paul LePage is making New Jersey's Chris Christie look like an enabler. He isn't afraid to say what he thinks. Judging by the comments, every time he opens his mouth, his popularity goes up.
He brought down the house at his inauguration when he shook his fist toward the media box and said, "You're on notice! I've inherited a financially troubled State to run. Observe...cover what we do...but don't whine if I don't waste time responding to your every whim just for your amusement."
During his campaign for Governor, he was talking to commercial fishermen who are struggling because of federal fisheries rules. They complained that 0bama brought his family to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park for a long Labor Day holiday and found time to meet with union leaders, but wouldn't talk to the fishermen. LePage replied, "I'd tell him to go to hell and get out of my State." The Lame Stream Media crucified LePage, but he jumped 6 points in the pre-election poll.
The Martin Luther King incident was a political sandbag, which brought him National exposure. The 'lame stream' media crucified him, but word on the street is very positive. The NAACP specifically asked LePage to spend MLK Day visiting black inmates at the Maine State Prison. He told them that he would meet with ALL inmates, regardless of race, if he were to visit the prison. The NAACP balked and then put out a news release claiming falsely that he refused to participate in any MLK events. He read it in the paper for the 1st time the next morning while being driven to an event and went ballistic because none of the reporters had called him for comment before running the NAACP release.
He arrived at that event & said in front of a TV camera, "If they want to play the race card on me they can kiss my rear end", and he reminded them that he has an adopted black son from Jamaica and that he attended the local MLK Breakfast every year that he was mayor of Waterville. (He started his morning there on MLK Day.)
He then stated that there's a right way and a wrong way to meet with the Governor, and he put all special interests on notice that press releases, media leaks, and all demonstrations would prove to be the wrong way. He said any other group, which acted like the NAACP could expect to be at the bottom of the Governor's priority list!
He then did the following, and judging from local radio talk show callers, his popularity increased even more: The State employees union complained because he waited until 3 P.M. before closing State offices and facilities and sending non-emergency personnel home during the last blizzard. The prior Governor would often close offices for the day with just a forecast before the first flakes. (Each time the State closes for snow, it costs the taxpayers about $1 million in wages for no work in return.)
LePage was CEO of the Marden's chain of discount family bargain retail stores before election as governor. He noted that State employees getting off work early could still find lots of retail stores open to shop. So, he put the State employees on notice by announcing: "If Marden's is open, Maine is open!"
He told State employees: "We live in Maine in the winter, for heaven's sake, and should know how to drive in it. Otherwise, apply for a State job in Florida!"
Governor LePage symbolizes what America needs; Refreshing politicians who aren't self-serving and who exhibit common sense.

THE LAW IS THE LAW So "if" the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.
And "if" that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.
I would like to think that those people have the American public's best interests at heart.
BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe Government (Federal, State and Local) and its employees should participate in Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.
I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the" US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.
I'm thinking a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."
In fact....I think our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God....) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....
What do you all think???? If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the "minority opinions" and begin, once again, to represent the "majority" of ALL of the American people.
SO BE IT...........Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to keep you in our country! 'Amen' and 'Amen' Touch�!
These are definitely things I never thought about but from now on, I will be sure to question those in government who support these changes.
At the top, it says, "I hope this makes its way around the USA several times!!!!!" Let's see that it does.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I agree that Christian holidays shouldn't be federal holidays, but I don't think that's the point that the author of that letter was trying to make.

Christians have such a persecution complex. Apparently the country not being a theocracy that they control means that they're not allowed to pray anymore.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bobby Malone posted:

At the top, it says, "I hope this makes its way around the USA several times!!!!!" Let's see that it does.

What does this mean? If someone in California reads it, and then someone back in Maine reads it, does that count? Or does she want this to be read 900 million times?

I know what she means, but the way it's phrased betrays that she has no idea how the internet works.

I assume all of these emails are written by grandmas, unless it actually contains the word "oorah"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

So I got this response:

1. Socialist - health care for all, the burden being placed unevenly
2. So is "raising taxes on the rich" (and the definition of rich can easily be changed - and has been)
3. Small business owners have been looked at as "rich individuals" if they are incorporated a certain way
4. Hospitals are afraid to hire more nurses due to the unknown cost of the health care law. With a wife who works in a hospital, i know this first hand
5. Health care law was deemed a tax, by our supreme court. That's a tax on everybody, not just rich
6. He has created a gap with his constant class warfare (evidenced by his many public speeches on the topic) against "the rich"; "job creators"; and "corporations"
7. I have directly paid more for health care this year, since previous items that benefited from FSA are not allowed any more
8. Small businesses are afraid to hire due to the unknown cost of health care for employees, as well as unknowns about taxes. Since I work with small businesses, startups, and recruiters, I know this first hand.
9. being pro unions for government employees is both anti business and socialist

The list can get longer, but I'm bored.

Lastly, you can look at today's tax rate, or you can look at the taxes that will be taking effect after Obama's policies take effect. Specifically, look at 2013 and 2014. Also, letting "Bush-era tax breaks" expire is the same as raising taxes. And they're called "Bush Era Tax Breaks" for a reason...

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So a 3% increase on the top marginal income rate is evil class warfare, no matter how well they can take it, but when someone wants to raise taxes on the poor and middle class or eliminate union bargaining rights because "they aren't sacrificing enough," even though they are struggling more, that's okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Specifically, look at 2013 and 2014. Also, letting "Bush-era tax breaks" expire is the same as raising taxes. And they're called "Bush Era Tax Breaks" for a reason...
These tax breaks intentionally came with an expiration date. Funny how conservatives refuse to acknowledge that.