Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Cat Mattress posted:

Unfortunately too large for avatarhood.
Had to compress it down kinda hard, but it's under the size limit by a few kb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Parts Kit posted:

Had to compress it down kinda hard, but it's under the size limit by a few kb.

I was secretly hoping that some enterprising gif wizards would manage to do what you guys did :allears:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

it's also been about her being willfully defiant to all forms of authority. She'll be fine but coyote is going to scare the poo poo out her before he calms himself. As tricksters go Coyote is particularly nasty, he once killed his wife and carried her around in a sack over his shoulder because he thought he would look cool with a hunch back. When he was young the great plains were actually forested. All the animals got together for dinner and didn't invite him so he burned the entire forest down killing everyone inside as revenge.

This post got me thinking: maybe now that Coyote's pissed off, and Annie is clearly not in a storytelling mood, Coyote will regale her with the stories of the times he's gruesomely murdered the other animals for their slights against him, hint hint.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Rasamune posted:

This post got me thinking: maybe now that Coyote's pissed off, and Annie is clearly not in a storytelling mood, Coyote will regale her with the stories of the times he's gruesomely murdered the other animals for their slights against him, hint hint.

Coyotoid horror stories would be awesome, especially because he'd probably be cackling throughout.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I'm at work so I don't have the time or programs to do this properly but I couldn't get the image out of my head

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Zenzirouj posted:

I'm at work so I don't have the time or programs to do this properly but I couldn't get the image out of my head

pcheeeeeeew to you

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Zenzirouj posted:

Laser Cows can't have all the fun.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
And with the mighty power of Smudge, a less aliased version:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Zenzirouj posted:

And with the mighty power of Smudge, a less aliased version:

Could you post just the laser layer with a transparent background? I'd like to try to animate it.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Parts Kit posted:

Could you post just the laser layer with a transparent background? I'd like to try to animate it.

Here's a quick n' dirty

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Thanks!

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
That explains how she's part fire elemental. She's also part kryptonian!

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Dawww, Coyote just wants tummy rubs and stories.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
You win Coyote. You win.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That was entirely unexpected awesome.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Haha, I was genuinely worried after Monday. That last panel is the best.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Annie's got a decent poker face, but the drop of sweat belies her calm-ish, slightly irritated expression.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I imagine Annie's face in the last panel is all, "Oh, you!"

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Coyote can be my bro if you all don't want him :3:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I for one am happy with having been wrong.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Coyote's rage is far more terrifying that I ever expected.

I don't think this is over though. Before the end of this chapter, when we least expect it, Coyote will do something to remind Annie that she doesn't want to ever see him on a bad mood. Also I think Coyote really is mad, but the alternative is hearing stories from Ysengrin

Wili fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 18, 2012

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well ok then Coyote. In retrospect what I expected was too cliché to be good writing, and Tom's writing is good writing.

Holy poo poo

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Coyote you absolute fucker.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Sing "The Henry VIII Song" at her until she caves in! I totally saw it work in this one movie once.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Coyote really wants his stories. Also tummy rubs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Coyote makes a compelling point.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Annie could probably get away with telling any old nonsense story. Coyote's a trickster god, she could say begin a story with "One day, Coyote decided to train as a chartered accountant" and he'd probably go "yeah, why not, I'd find a way to make that entertaining".

... Coyote poring over tomes of double-entry bookkeeping would be a pretty amusing image.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Fister Roboto posted:

You guys know he's a trickster god right? Not a god of wrath and murder. Wednesday's comic is just going to be "hahaha, you crazy, fire girl."

Whoo, nice call.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wili posted:

Coyote's rage is far more terrifying that I ever expected.

I don't think this is over though. Before the end of this chapter, when we least expect it, Coyote will do something to remind Annie that she doesn't want to ever see him on a bad mood. Also I think Coyote really is mad, but the alternative is hearing stories from Ysengrin

"Once upon a time there was a foolish human. It was so foolish, everyone died. The end."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Of course. I mean, how was he going to get his story if he maimed her?

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
People with no legs can still be plenty talkative, in my experience.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Bitchtits McGee posted:

People with no legs can still be plenty talkative, in my experience.

Yah but they all just say the same thing. "Oh god my legs. Sweet Christ my legs are loving gone. It hurts so goddamn much, I'm bleeding everywhere. Why did you do that? Why did you do that? gently caress you, my goddamn legs." Just on and on forever. It gets pretty annoying pretty quickly. Not one of them even tries to tell a drat story.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Not one of them even tries to tell a drat story.

Unless it's the story of how they lost their legs (which in this case would also be a story about Coyote), but I see your point.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Japanese Angry Spirit Coyote is incredible.

Tom, are you taking on commissions yet? Because I wasn't joking about wanting a Coyote tattoo and I think I have just found what I want. :D

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
Antimony is unimpressed.

Antimony is also dressed in Coyote-esque colors, if you count her hair. Makes me wonder just how confident about taking on a trickster god and living she really is...

I mean, technically the story is still narrated by Antimony from some indeterminate future point, yes? Since an "...and then I died, ZING!" twist seems far too cheap for Siddell, we can be reasonably confident she'll come out of any situation alive...but not necessarily well...

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
The Great Coyote indeed

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Greatest Coyotte

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Tantrum Coyote is the best Coyote.

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

He sees the power of a god behind it. A power that has bested him!
Coyote: The Best, or the Greatest? If anyone can capture tantrum coyote in avatar form I think I'll finally end my avatar-less state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Welp I both kinda expected and totally did not expect this outcome, but I love it anyway. I have a feeling a little something more will happen, and it won't just be all fun and games this chapter. The visual language on Monday's page was much different from earlier Coyote incidents (save when he boom-slapped Ysengrin in Big Mode the first time he showed up).

Annie looks at least a little freaked out and probably was more afraid than she let on, but still was pretty brave to even defy Coyote in the first place and stand her ground in his territory.