Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jesus christ it is strange that we are even having this conversation. What the gently caress, really?

e,clarification: that the show is being so weird and not saying anything's wrong or different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Bonzo posted:

Can someone ask the three people that watch Howard TV if she's been seen in studio?

You know, I've been watching and haven't seen her.
I'll try to check a current episode when I get home from work.
I wish they'd stop being so cagey and just say "Robin is working from home for the foreseeable future" or something.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Gee...where have I heard that before?

I really don't buy that he's clean. Part of recovery is learning to deal with things around you and how to react like a normal human being.
Is he working a program of recovery, or just white-knuckling sobriety? Cause simply taking the alcohol away from a drunk degenerate leaves a degenerate.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Thought this was post worthy for the thread. My immediate thought is... are they on vacation?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Thought this was post worthy for the thread. My immediate thought is... are they on vacation?

My first thought was "Aw, that's terrible" because I love my dogs.
My second thought was "I hope he takes his sadness out on everyone at AGT tonight."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Astro7x posted:

Man, this is surely going to bum out Howard.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
That is sad. :(

This was sudden I guess, I haven't heard any mention of her being sick. She was an older dog...bummer.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Kelly posted:

That is sad. :(

This was sudden I guess, I haven't heard any mention of her being sick. She was an older dog...bummer.

She'd been sick. A couple weeks ago Howard talked about it on the air, Bianca had been fainting and losing bowel control so they took her to the vet. She wore a heart monitor for a day or so to try and diagnose it. I guess she fainted and took a tumble down his stairs too.
Howard said he'd been getting up early every morning to spend extra time with her because he knew she didn't have long to love.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Is he working a program of recovery, or just white-knuckling sobriety? Cause simply taking the alcohol away from a drunk degenerate leaves a degenerate.

Pretty sure he is just winging it.

As a dog owner I'm sad for Howard and Beth but holy poo poo is this going to put her in crazy mode.

She'll be pregnant by Easter.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I wonder who Beth is going to hire to mourn Bianca for her.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bianca died? Oh my dog!

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
I've been expecting the poor hound to die for a while.

Its a precursor for when Ben or Ray go.

Still, no fun losing your pooch.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Benjy was late today and Howard was pissed as usual. Let to some interesting Artie chair discussion- Howard's story was that after Artie left the show they told him not to do anything with the money so they could use it if/when they hire new people to take his spot. Howard said they did just that, and then one day the money just wasn't part of the budget anymore and they couldn't hire anyone if they wanted to.

It was funny because it allowed him to say that Benjy's fired pending his replacement so the money doesn't disappear but you have to wonder how much truth there is to it. hosed up situation if there's any at all, really.

What a bummer about Bianca, the whole retrospective he gave a few weeks ago was touching. Wonder if he brings it up on AGT.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

olylifter posted:

I've been expecting the poor hound to die for a while.

Its a precursor for when Ben or Ray go.

Still, no fun losing your pooch.

It's never fun losing an animal. And as much as I think Beth sucks, it's pretty obvious that she loved that dog. (Though Howard seemed to even moreso.)
I don't want to think of Ben or Rae dying. My fiancee isn't a Stern fan, but if I'm listening to a clip with either Ben or Rae calling in she always starts cracking up.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Manifest posted:

It's never fun losing an animal. And as much as I think Beth sucks, it's pretty obvious that she loved that dog. (Though Howard seemed to even moreso.)
I don't want to think of Ben or Rae dying. My fiancee isn't a Stern fan, but if I'm listening to a clip with either Ben or Rae calling in she always starts cracking up.

What are you crazy?

We waited for the car, the car nevah came.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
That really sucks that Bianca died. It's crazy Sterns's gotta go on live after that.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

But getting back to Robin: didn't she say yesterday that she noticed Woody wasn't wearing shoes, and he said something like "very astute observation, Robin"? I wasn't paying that much attention so maybe they were joking. I mean if it was anyone else I would assume they were joking, but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that Woody Harrelson showed up shoe-less.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Smeep posted:

But getting back to Robin: didn't she say yesterday that she noticed Woody wasn't wearing shoes, and he said something like "very astute observation, Robin"? I wasn't paying that much attention so maybe they were joking. I mean if it was anyone else I would assume they were joking, but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that Woody Harrelson showed up shoe-less.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
I'm certain part of Robin's set-up is a stream of the HowardTV cameras or something. There have been shows where Howard or someone else specifically talks about Robin being out, and then later Howard will tell her to "look at this" when they play a clip or put up a picture. It always takes her a few seconds longer to react.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Smeep posted:

She has a video feed and can see what's in the studio. At least she said she did when she first came on over the isdn.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

kylej posted:

Bianca died? Oh my dead dog!

Kyle!

That's a terrible thing to say

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

GenoCanSing posted:

I wonder who Beth is going to hire to mourn Bianca for her.

I laughed at this for a good five minutes.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Former Human posted:

I laughed at this for a good five minutes.
Me too

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ugh, sucks for Howard & Beth, especially since it happened a day after Beth's birthday. Tough to forget making that call at the vet when you have a prominent reminder like that every year.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Tom Christie is loving awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edPU0xEcs6U&feature=related

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Jesus Christ, why is Benji not loving fired?

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I hope they have Shuli in next week instead of Benji and taunt the gently caress out of Benji and pull a meltdown out of him.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I hope they have Shuli in next week instead of Benji and taunt the gently caress out of Benji and pull a meltdown out of him.

The less time spent on him the better. Just loving fire him and never mention him again.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
What did he do this time?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Would never happen. First because everything with Benji is schtick and second because he knows Howard is too much of a pussy to fire him. Benji walks all over Howard because he knows he can.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

Would never happen. First because everything with Benji is schtick and second because he knows Howard is too much of a pussy to fire him. Benji walks all over Howard because he knows he can.

Also, Shuli is much, much less funny than Benjy. Not even close.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

^^^NOTHING is less funny than Benji. :colbert:

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

What did he do this time?

He showed up 20 minutes late the second day back from a 17 day vacation.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Does he still need 9 alarm clocks to wake him up? You'd think he'd just wake up naturally by now, since he's been doing this radio show for years.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
uh he can wake up just fine. You guys do realize it's all schtick, right? Benjy thinks he's a bloated Andy Kaufman.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I tell my boss that I'm working on my schtick when I come in late too, he just doesn't understand comedy I guess.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

kylej posted:

uh he can wake up just fine. You guys do realize it's all schtick, right? Benjy thinks he's a bloated Andy Kaufman.

Well in that case he gets my respect because he manages to be even less funny than Kaufman.

Finklemeyer
Oct 29, 2004
Pants?

Brocktoon posted:

^^^NOTHING is less funny than Benji. :colbert:

He showed up 20 minutes late the second day back from a 17 day vacation.

I can't agree more. It'd be one thing if his wannabe Kaufmann schtick were good but it isn't. It's just frustrating and grinds the show to a halt.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Finklemeyer posted:

I can't agree more. It'd be one thing if his wannabe Kaufmann schtick were good but it isn't. It's just frustrating and grinds the show to a halt.

Benji does have his moments, like the Weiner press conference.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Benji does have his moments, like the Weiner press conference.

And the horse sex phone call with the old lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Manifest posted:

And the horse sex phone call with the old lady.

Nah, that wasn't even remotely funny. Benjy is a loving tool. The only funny thing was when the callers kept saying he had herpes.

Benjy is a herpee.