Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
I sure hope that wasn't the end of act 6 act 3 flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

^Hey, we got 3 for 1! :buddy:^

Man, it took me like 10 minutes to see the whole update. Site was chugging for a while there.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Uh oh!

Jake's iteration of the volcano didn't travel with them! Hephaestus is going to be pisssssed. :ohdear:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Triskelli posted:

Uh oh!

Jake's iteration of the volcano didn't travel with them! Hephaestus is going to be pisssssed. :ohdear:

But Hephaestus is coming in with Jade & co., along with Jade's Forge.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The piñata appears to be a tiny cherub. I'm... not sure what that means.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hephaestus is the denizen for Time players, not Hope.

E: Nevermind, I get what you mean, but at the very least there never would be a Hephaestus with this configuration.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
So does this mean Squarewave and Sawtooth are gonna jump into the kernelsprites once in the medium? Or Are we still expecting to continue the adventures of morbid as gently caress Gamzee tossing troll corpses into them in pairs?

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Neat update.

Hussie not only managed to show three Medium entries without revealing any planets, but he threw in yet another callback to that diagram of an 8-planet session we saw way back in Act 2. Bravo!

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

CidGregor posted:

So does this mean Squarewave and Sawtooth are gonna jump into the kernelsprites once in the medium? Or Are we still expecting to continue the adventures of morbid as gently caress Gamzee tossing troll corpses into them in pairs?

I wouldn't expect it, but I'm gonna hope we are! I really hope for Feferi/Eridan sprite and Nepeta/Equius sprite.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Andrew updated his tumblr, mostly about the pause but here's something that should be brought to attention:

Andrew Hussie posted:

August will be SOLO ALBUM MONTH. There will be some good solo albums released throughout that month. Mark that on your calendar. Just write “YEAH!” across the entire August grid, that should do it.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Thundarr posted:

The piñata appears to be a tiny cherub. I'm... not sure what that means.
I don't think it was a piñata, more like a Cherub hung in effigy. Also, being a Void session all the players had that same entry item.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Jane's entry item was the "Tree of Life", based off of John's "Apple of Truth" that sprang from it.

Jake's entry item was the Cherub Piñata, based off of Jade's Bec Piñata.

So Dirk's entry item would be a Bird, based off of Dave's Egg?

What would Roxy's be? A Wine Rack, from which Rose got her Celebratory Campaign bottle? How would that even work, just stand around confused like Jane did?

notoriousman posted:

Also, being a Void session all the players had that same entry item.

That would make sense also.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Lupus Rufus posted:

But Hephaestus is coming in with Jade & co., along with Jade's Forge.

Holy poo poo, I never thought about this. I thought all the old denizen were weirdly discarded during the scratch never to be heard of again, but Jade totally has them.

I remember that kind of bothering me before.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm a little concerned that we can't see Dirk's and Roxy's entry items. I hope that doesn't mean something.

Silva posted:

I sure hope that wasn't the end of act 6 act 3 flash.

Nah, Hussie's tumblr said this is now when he starts working on the EOA6.3 flash. So this is still pause 2 (of 3).

Triskelli posted:

Uh oh!

We were expecting that. We saw Jake's island in Dirk/Roxy's time, and it was taken over by a giant lusus. It still has the volcano.

Edit: Wait, that's a weird thought: How the gently caress did B1-Grandpa know to live on an island with a volcano? Jade's meteor came down in the USA, recall. He only later moved her out to the volcano island in the Pacific. But there has to be a volcano near the Space player's house for the game to work. Huh.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bobulus posted:

Edit: Wait, that's a weird thought: How the gently caress did B1-Grandpa know to live on an island with a volcano? Jade's meteor came down in the USA, recall. He only later moved her out to the volcano island in the Pacific. But there has to be a volcano near the Space player's house for the game to work. Huh.

If you're really set on Grandpa needing to know that, he did travel into the game at at least one point. But considering that Grandpa is Jake, I don't think you need to posit that he knows that; rather he lived on an island with a volcano because that is awesome.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Jade agreeing to bring the Denizens into the new session was the primary condition for Echidna to help her out (can't remember for the life of me what she promised to held Jade with though). It took me a few watchings of Cascade to realize when Jade was making the planets smaller that she was also fulfilling her end of the bargain and my mind blew up.

Edit: also, alot of things that happen in homestuck are as a result of things being 'meant to happen'. Maybe Grandpa Jake just decided to move to an isolated island which happened to have a volcano which would one day get taken to the medium on LoFaF, but who knows. That's one big question mark I have, is what role the original guardians have in the story other than being around doing stuff.

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 18, 2012

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Bobulus posted:

But there has to be a volcano near the Space player's house for the game to work. Huh.

Did Kanaya have a volcano near her hive? I really don`t recall.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Maybe some thoughts or memories are "inserted" or genetically inherited when the kids and their ancestors were Ectobiologically cloned. Dirk remembered things Karkat said to John, after all.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Pretty sure she did.

Also, I figured Grandpa Harley moved out there to explore the Frog Temple ruins.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Kanaya definitely had one, it was just buried by a poo poo ton of sand.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

CidGregor posted:

There's also the possibility of using the Dirk's head and body for two different prototypings, since that's Dirk's thing. They might also prototype Hal, or prototype Dirk's head with Hal still on it, leading to shenanigans.

Hey, here's a question I haven't seen asked or theorized about : Do Dream-Dirk's glasses have a copy of Lil' Hal in them?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Laying odds that the EoA 6.3 flash is going to be UU/uu entering. We know the mechanics of normal entry, but they've got several special circumstances that would complicate things.
- Two people, both of whom need to deploy separate Entry Mechanisms are in the same room.
- Since they can't act simulatenously, either only half the room is going to be whisked off to a new Universe, or one of them is going to running their Entry code while already entered.
- Will they get one planet each, or will the game compensate with some weird ying-yang half-and-half planet?
- As the space player, UU needs a heat source. No volcano in sight. Maybe a chunk of the Red Sun comes with them?

Seeing them race against time / revealing how they resolve the complications would be a good flash.

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Yep. Only the lip was exposed, and it was green, so we were all asking if she had a Warp Pipe by her house when we first saw it.

Dr Christmas posted:

Hey, here's a question I haven't seen asked or theorized about : Do Dream-Dirk's glasses have a copy of Lil' Hal in them?

Well, Lil' Hal was able to talk to Dream Dirk when Jane and Jake showed up on Derse, but it's not clear if that was him talking to the (simultaneously) awake Dirk or not. For simplicity's sake, I'm going to assume Dream Dirk also has AR-goggles (Oh, got, is that a stealth-pun that I never noticed?)

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Lord of Laughton posted:

Jade agreeing to bring the Denizens into the new session was the primary condition for Echidna to help her out (can't remember for the life of me what she promised to held Jade with though). It took me a few watchings of Cascade to realize when Jade was making the planets smaller that she was also fulfilling her end of the bargain and my mind blew up.

They needed Echidna's Needles to scratch the Beat Mesa.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Bobulus posted:

- Will they get one planet each, or will the game compensate with some weird ying-yang half-and-half planet?

It is the only way.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Seeing the x shaped planet arrangement reminds me, I hope when the B1 and B2 kid's sessions merge, there's a panel that shows the + and x incipispheres merging with a "MOBIUS DOUBLE REACH AROUND" callback. No big reason really, I just think that would be a perfect callback.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Reene posted:

It is the only way.

drat it, I'd successfully forgotten Lexx existed. :(

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bobulus posted:

... That makes me think their planet is going to be The Tumor.

Anyway, it recently occurred to me that Lord English's cuestick is probably based on the White King's scepter from the beta kids session. It's roughly the same shape, though it has a green sun instead of Skaia on the top, and it was prototyped with a first guardian. We never *did* see what happened to it after Jack started the reckoning, so it could be anywhere, really.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Oh god, I just realized. You know that theory that Lord English is pretty much the embodiment of the Homestuck fanbase? Well, when Andrew was killed there was that flash that was called DOTA for Death of the Author. Knowing what we do now about Calliope and uu, that joke is a bit more foreboding. :ohdear:

Boneless Jogger fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 18, 2012

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobulus posted:

drat it, I'd successfully forgotten Lexx existed. :(

What is that?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Tollymain posted:

What is that?

Think a wackier Farscape with lots of cleavage, PG-13 violence and (offscreen) sex, and way darker humor. It's about a bunch of misfits aboard a biomechanical ship that can blow up planets.

The two planets are basically heaven and hell. Like just about everything they encounter, they are eventually blown up.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 18, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tollymain posted:

What is that?

A mediocre scifi series on the Scifi channel back in the day. Only notable because it had a bunch of raunchy sex jokes in it that most scifi stays away from. Looking back on it, it was incredibly creepy.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Lexx always came across as a parody of other popular scifi shows that came out at around the same time in roughly the same style. It's just so over the top campy it's hard to be offended by it.

Kind of like bits of Homestuck.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I've had nothing better to do with the hiatus on, so have some more music.

I think I'm getting better at mixing, if anything. I feel like I should go to one of my older piano pieces and clean it up because wow they were lovely.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Theory: the alpha kids are about to end up on a planet with a ridiculously long name. Something like the Land of Frost and Frogs and Shade and Wind and Lava and Clockwork and Light and Rain.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Heat, not lava but... LoFaFaSaWaHaCaLaR? I like it.

I'm kind of curious as to what the arrow shape above Jake is that we've been seeing. Obviously just a part of his house, but it seems to have some significance, either directly or just in imagery. May just be a callback to the sburb logo.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
We already know all the B2 kids' lands' initials, though! Jake's land is most likely LOMAX. (Which seems likely to stand for M(ausoleums?) and Xenon, going by their session's theme and Jane's planet.)

Lord of Laughton posted:

I'm kind of curious as to what the arrow shape above Jake is that we've been seeing. Obviously just a part of his house, but it seems to have some significance, either directly or just in imagery. May just be a callback to the sburb logo.

Incidentally, that panel was the last of Jane's cloud visions from the flash after Intermission 1 that we hadn't seen realized yet.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I can't wait to see what the ancient prophecies are like in the lands Sawtooth and Squarewave are entering. :allears:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

I can't wait to see what the ancient prophecies are like in the lands Sawtooth and Squarewave are entering. :allears:

What would be even better: A flash similar to Jane's, exploring said lands as Sawtooth and Squarewave.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Midnight Raider posted:

What would be even better: A flash similar to Jane's, exploring said lands as Sawtooth and Squarewave.

Squarewave's Myststuck segment would include such puzzles as "how to open an ordinary door", which would involve clicking on the door 3-4 times before Squarewave realizes that he's been pushing on a pull door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Gabriel Pope posted:

Squarewave's Myststuck segment would include such puzzles as "how to open an ordinary door", which would involve clicking on the door 3-4 times before Squarewave realizes that he's been pushing on a pull door.

"Place Round Object into Round Hole."

"No. That it a Square Object. You need a Round Object."

"That is still a Square Object. You need a Round Object."

"You somehow found a Triangle Object, and are still trying to put it into the Round Hole. You need a Round Object."

"You know what? Fine. The Door just opens."

The Round Object was lying underneath the Round Hole the entire time.