Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
What is that classical piece that gets used a lot in movies/TV shows when people are at fancy restaurants? Heavy on the strings (I think there might not be any wind instruments at all). Pretty upbeat piece, maybe a waltz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Detective Thompson posted:

What is that classical piece that gets used a lot in movies/TV shows when people are at fancy restaurants? Heavy on the strings (I think there might not be any wind instruments at all). Pretty upbeat piece, maybe a waltz?

Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, perhaps?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

My guess would be Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Spring).

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
This is really vague, but the song I'm looking for is something about being high/dying. It was kinda distorted and weird and I think the artist who did it normally does rap.

To make it more complicated, I'm looking for a specific remix of this song that sounded more stoner-y than the original.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

miryei posted:

This is really vague, but the song I'm looking for is something about being high/dying. It was kinda distorted and weird and I think the artist who did it normally does rap.

To make it more complicated, I'm looking for a specific remix of this song that sounded more stoner-y than the original.

Butthole Surfers - Pepper?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4WUlNSx_Wk
They didnt rap that I remember.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Wagonburner posted:

Butthole Surfers - Pepper?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4WUlNSx_Wk
They didnt rap that I remember.

Nope, thought that song was awesome.

I just managed to find it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuyEgvCVYd8

But I'm still looking for the stoner remix.

e: Found it. Turns out I was looking for a cover, not a remix.

miryei fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 15, 2012

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Knew I'd heard it before. Thanks.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Nope, but thanks anyway!

HoldYourFire posted:

My guess would be Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Spring).

Yes, mainly that very beginning part is what I had in my head. I thought it might have the word 'spring' in it, but all I think about was The Rite of Spring, which certainly wasn't it. Thanks!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

miryei posted:

Nope, thought that song was awesome.

I just managed to find it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuyEgvCVYd8

But I'm still looking for the stoner remix.
its the flying lotus remix, you can youtube that yourself

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Here's some hits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4&t=94s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HniBUnRPvjk

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~
So there's this really dope song that makes everything way more epic. I believe it's made by that one company that produces epic orchestral scores for movies. It's a really famous one that is used a lot of the internet over silly things to juxtapose and produce a funnier package.

But I don't know how else to describe it. I'm fighting every temptation to write something like: dadadadadadadada-DA DUH, dadaDADUH, dadadaDuh, dadadaDuh.

I want to say it was in the matrix or lotr possibly?

Pitpit
Apr 12, 2010

Now it's my turn to be angry.

BRB MAKIN BACON posted:

So there's this really dope song that makes everything way more epic. I believe it's made by that one company that produces epic orchestral scores for movies. It's a really famous one that is used a lot of the internet over silly things to juxtapose and produce a funnier package.

But I don't know how else to describe it. I'm fighting every temptation to write something like: dadadadadadadada-DA DUH, dadaDADUH, dadadaDuh, dadadaDuh.

I want to say it was in the matrix or lotr possibly?

This instantly popped into my head. I have a feeling I'm wrong though because EVERYONE knows this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNWpZ-Y_KvU

or maybe it could be the theme from Requiem for a dream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOolYYe60k

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~

Pitpit posted:

This instantly popped into my head. I have a feeling I'm wrong though because EVERYONE knows this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNWpZ-Y_KvU

or maybe it could be the theme from Requiem for a dream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOolYYe60k

It was the second one, thank you pitpit! Also thanks for listing the first song, because that two is badass.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

escape artist posted:

Ugh, it's a hip hop song... Possibly Wu-Tang affiliated. I just remember one line that stuck out to me, and is fascinatingly paradoxical

Rough paraphrase:
"I dropped out of school, that's when my education began"

Thanks in advance!

Longshot:

New Jack Hustler?

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 15, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Is it Sleigh Bells - "Comeback Kid"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BPIVeadFw

The line shows up briefly and it's a recent enough release from a popular enough band that Clearchannel probably wouldn't have a problem pimping it out. It is pretty poppish for "alt rock", but who knows what genre is anymore.

That's it, thank you! This station actually isn't Clearchannel, which is kinda cool. They proudly have advertise that.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Alright, this is is lovely description but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm looking for a song that came out in the ~mid 2000s that was kinda punkish/emo. The only thing I really remember about it was that the music video was in like a bathroom or a shower room or something like that. For whatever reason Chevelle keeps popping in my head as something similar but this song wasn't quite as heavy as Chevelle's stuff. Also Relient K and Jimmy Eat World come to mind as well but it was neither of them. Something along those lines.

Edit. Oh! Someone may have been bleeding in the video as well, but I'm not sure.

This is loving killing me.

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 19, 2012

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I'm looking for a song that came out in the ~mid 2000s that was kinda punkish/emo. The only thing I really remember about it was that the music video was in like a bathroom or a shower room or something like that. For whatever reason Chevelle keeps popping in my head as something similar but this song wasn't quite as heavy as Chevelle's stuff. Also Relient K and Jimmy Eat World come to mind as well but it was neither of them. Something along those lines.

Edit. Oh! Someone may have been bleeding in the video as well, but I'm not sure.

Something by Fenix TX?

Edit: VVV just to clarify, "Something" was NOT meant to be the title. I should have said "A song by Fenix TX".

HoldYourFire fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 19, 2012

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

HoldYourFire posted:

Something by Fenix TX?

Nah, I've never heard of them and I'd definitely remember the name if I heard it.

Thanks though

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Now that I think of it it wasn't Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia was it?

And I edited my previous post just in case.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

HoldYourFire posted:

Now that I think of it it wasn't Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia was it?

And I edited my previous post just in case.

Not that either, and my other reply was in reference to the band name.

I just got off work and I'm going to spend the rest of the day looking for this thing. It wasn't some obscure song or something if I remember correctly, so it shouldn't be this hard to remember.

I've asked a friend on FB who I think introduced me to the band if they could remember.

Thanks again, though.

:siren: I loving REMEMBERED IT'S SENSES FAIL "BURIED A LIE" HOLY FOCCK :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUXZfybUbCM

The bathroom/mirror poo poo I was remembering was from the album cover :downs:

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 19, 2012

Beer Jerky
Nov 3, 2011
I think this was a song from 2005, but it was a hiphop song where the guy is singing about himself, but is describing himself as lame and lonely, and it's got a chorus of a distorted child's voice singing. Something about how he's not a certain way, but he likes walks in the rain. Sound familiar to anyone?

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I'm thinking of a song maybe from the 90s-00s that I think was from an upbeat hard rock band in a style similar to something like Weezer or Chumbawumba. I'm not even sure if I have the words right, but it seems like he was saying:

something something something (short pause) LIKE THAT!

Maybe it was "I LIKE THAT!" or "IT'S LIKE THAT!"

I searched google for "like that" lyrics and it is not Webbie, Jojo, Black Eyed Peas, T.I., Hot Chelle Rae, Guy Sebestain, nor 3 Doors Down. The Guy Sebestian song is actually very close in cadence and they way they say LIKE THAT, but the song I'm thinking of is more hard rock.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

SkunkDuster posted:

Maybe it was "I LIKE THAT!" or "IT'S LIKE THAT!"

All I think of when I see "It's like that!" is "Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins", and now that's in my head!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

MOAR posted:

All I think of when I see "It's like that!" is "Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins", and now that's in my head!

I figured it out. It is from a movie my 2 year old daughter likes to watch called "Happily N'Ever After 2". It has been bugging me for a couple weeks wondering where I heard that song, and she watched the show this morning.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm looking for a song I haven't heard in years but I remember liking a lot. All I remember was a black guy was in it, someone played a trumpet, and they were in a white room with green clothing

All Stars by Smashmouth and Big Tellow Taxi by Counting Crows reminded me of it, but I can't remember anything else except it might have been by Black Eyed Peas but I don't know

Beer Jerky posted:

I think this was a song from 2005, but it was a hiphop song where the guy is singing about himself, but is describing himself as lame and lonely, and it's got a chorus of a distorted child's voice singing. Something about how he's not a certain way, but he likes walks in the rain. Sound familiar to anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k

Is it that?

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 21, 2012

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Beer Jerky posted:

it's got a chorus of a distorted child's voice singing.

It's Bobby Vinton, but you're still essentially correct.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

GreatKesh posted:

I'm looking for a song I haven't heard in years but I remember liking a lot. All I remember was a black guy was in it, someone played a trumpet, and they were in a white room with green clothing

maybe this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw&t=67s

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yes thats it.

Thanks

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
I'm looking for a goon-made dubstep rap-remix album. It had remixes of Still Tippin' and Georgia (by Ludacris).

El Capitan!
May 1, 2006
DO YOU KNOW MY SKILLS?!?!
Alright, hopefully someone can wizard this for me.

I was listening to pandora, and I'm pretty sure I was on my flobots station. The song was about a kid who was bullied, then started shooting people (I'm pretty sure). It ends with the kid trying to pull the gun on a guy that was a MMA fighter, the fighter kicks him in the face, and he goes to jail. The parts that stick out is that it was pretty upbeat, and that every time the kid with the gun showed up they said something like "it was loving CHRIS!!" I may be off about the name. It was kind of hip-hoppy.

Edit: found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGt-yb6sqLE

El Capitan! fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 24, 2012

Redfont
Feb 9, 2010

Little Mac(kerel)
I've been searching for this song all night and I can't identify the fucker. No matter how many audio recognition sites I go to or how many variations of pitch or timing I try, I can't track it down. I'm fairly certain that the opening is whistling, although maybe I just whistle it out of habit. I dunno. But from what I can remember from it it shouldn't be this drat hard to find.

I have almost nothing to go on, so I recorded a whistled rendition of what I can remember of the intro. It's only about 10 seconds and it may or may not be accurate but it's all I've got.

Here it is, please help me auuughhh

EDIT: For some reason I keep thinking that it's by Radiohead, or at least someone similar. The Shins were a close second on my guess-list. But sifting through those two I haven't had much success.

Redfont fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 24, 2012

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Redfont posted:

I've been searching for this song all night and I can't identify the fucker. No matter how many audio recognition sites I go to or how many variations of pitch or timing I try, I can't track it down. I'm fairly certain that the opening is whistling, although maybe I just whistle it out of habit. I dunno. But from what I can remember from it it shouldn't be this drat hard to find.

I have almost nothing to go on, so I recorded a whistled rendition of what I can remember of the intro. It's only about 10 seconds and it may or may not be accurate but it's all I've got.

Here it is, please help me auuughhh

EDIT: For some reason I keep thinking that it's by Radiohead, or at least someone similar. The Shins were a close second on my guess-list. But sifting through those two I haven't had much success.

Air - Alpha Beta Gaga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5sadJFSYk

Steve Holt! fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 24, 2012

Redfont
Feb 9, 2010

Little Mac(kerel)

Yessssssssssssssssssssss loving thank you

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I'm looking for a song I've been hearing on the radio a lot lately. It's very upbeat, with trumpets (or something similar) in the chorus and people yelling "Hey!", but the lyrics aren't very happy at all (at least in the beginning, from what could listen to today). It's two people, a man and a woman, singing soulfully to eachother about needing eachother or something like that, kind of sad, but it turns around completely during the chorus as I've described.

I've tried searching through the websites of the radio frequencies I've listened to, but they're impossible to navigate clearly, and I'm sure some of you know exactly which song I'm looking for.

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

Taeke posted:

I'm looking for a song I've been hearing on the radio a lot lately. It's very upbeat, with trumpets (or something similar) in the chorus and people yelling "Hey!", but the lyrics aren't very happy at all (at least in the beginning, from what could listen to today). It's two people, a man and a woman, singing soulfully to eachother about needing eachother or something like that, kind of sad, but it turns around completely during the chorus as I've described.

I've tried searching through the websites of the radio frequencies I've listened to, but they're impossible to navigate clearly, and I'm sure some of you know exactly which song I'm looking for.

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Bingo! I knew I could count on you guys. Thanks so much!

Seventh_Samurai
Jul 5, 2007
dick blick
All I can remember is the middle break of some song stuck in my head, probably before a chorus or something. I managed to whip up a little midi piano line of how I think it goes. http://www.musipedia.org/tmp/MPECk4l3.mid Pitch is probably off, but the intervals and rhythm should be good.

In the song it's a lot more staccato with a synth-string type sound. Pretty sure it's a pop or dance song. Hope that's enough to go on.

Redfont
Feb 9, 2010

Little Mac(kerel)

Seventh_Samurai posted:

All I can remember is the middle break of some song stuck in my head, probably before a chorus or something. I managed to whip up a little midi piano line of how I think it goes. http://www.musipedia.org/tmp/MPECk4l3.mid Pitch is probably off, but the intervals and rhythm should be good.

In the song it's a lot more staccato with a synth-string type sound. Pretty sure it's a pop or dance song. Hope that's enough to go on.

Your URL doesn't appear to link to anything except the front page of musipedia.

Seventh_Samurai
Jul 5, 2007
dick blick
Try this

e. Herp derp. Came up on shuffle right after I finished this post. What I Want by She Wants Revenge.

Seventh_Samurai fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukon Cornelius
Mar 28, 2006

by Lowtax
Yar, I'm looking for an older electonic, or rap-ish song. I remember listening to it from around 2005. All I've got are these lyrics:

It's Saturday, It's Saturday
We gonna go to the club; it's Saturday
We gonna take five hits of ecstasy
Line the bitches up; it's Saturday