Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Cytokinesis posted:

If anyone can capture tantrum coyote in avatar form I think I'll finally end my avatar-less state.

I'm no doctor, but it seemed a simple enough operation so I gave it a shot:

Waffnuffly posted:

Annie looks at least a little freaked out and probably was more afraid than she let on, but still was pretty brave to even defy Coyote in the first place and stand her ground in his territory.

Mastery, not absence. Attention to these details of character is what sells the comic to me. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Can you imagine the shame and disappointment on Ysengrin's face right now? I hope Tom draws it at some point.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I swear, every prediction I make is hilariously off. Ah well, this was clearly the best outcome. Plus Coyote looks just like my dog when she flails about, and that's hilarious.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Parts Kit posted:

Had to compress it down kinda hard, but it's under the size limit by a few kb.

:mad: I do not enjoy this washing machine at all.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Monday's update was, for both Antimony and the readers, a test to see how good their poker faces are.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
New prediction! Annie's going to be too relaxed and let it slip during her story telling about coyote giving her his tooth and then poo poo will really go down.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I think that Coyote is going to go quid pro quo with Annie and we are going to get sweet sweet exposition and a ton more Coyote avatars.

I'm looking forward to it.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
It's a trick he's going to get her to let her guard down then turn her into a pigeon or something

yes

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

I mean, technically the story is still narrated by Antimony from some indeterminate future point, yes? Since an "...and then I died, ZING!" twist seems far too cheap for Siddell, we can be reasonably confident she'll come out of any situation alive...but not necessarily well...

Actually, given the combination of post-death etheric contact, the fact that she knows every spirit of death on a first-name basis, and the whole fire-spirit thing, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the comic ends with Annie dead and watching over her kid from the afterlife, and telling all this to her mom. Which would be a pretty :unsmith: ending, imo.

Edit: Or possibly choosing the forest, converting back to an immortal fire elemental, and telling this story to the potential court mediums hundreds of years in the future.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

I mean, technically the story is still narrated by Antimony from some indeterminate future point, yes?
Is it? I completely missed this. edit: oh right it's on the first page.

Also convenient panels today for this.

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 18, 2012

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Totally can't wait for when Coyote is seriously angry.

Parts Kit posted:

Holy poo poo.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Parts Kit posted:

That is beautiful and you should be proud.

I genuinely love these sorts of sequences. I felt real tension, there, despite the fact that I was 100% convinced Coyote was only screwing around, there was a tiny part that just wondered 'what if Tom's really going to do it :ohdear:'

Very nicely done.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Look what you've done, Annie. See what you've brought this to.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

thespaceinvader posted:

That is beautiful and you should be proud.
Hah, thanks. Couldn't have done it without Zenzirouj coming up with the eye lasers idea (and of course Tea doing all the hard work) though.
(I would love to have it myself but the TFR pony fairy got me an hour after my last GC av went through so it's up for grabs for anyone who wants it)

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Coyote has a great secret? Who would have known?

Tantrum baby Coyote is awesome. And Ysengrin might actually be getting some respect (?).

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha ha ha. O my god Ysengrin in panel two and onward. He just so shocked and doesn't know what the hell.

Honestly, I love Coyote, he's so unpredictable. I'm now convinced he's just messing with Ysengrin.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
This was his plan all along. Ysengrin though, I love him these days.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Couple of nice touches I've noticed this chapter: While Annie is still wearing her makeup, it's much more subdued then in the past. On the new page, whiny Coyote's blue paint patterns on his face morph into tears of a sort. Also, as someone pointed out, Ysengrin is being drawn in a much "friendlier" form than in the past.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

No wonder Ysengrim is so messed up. This is his every day.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
:stare:

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. Everything in that page is amazing.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

God, I love this comic. :allears:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
That last panel - my god. I didn't know I needed pouting Coyote in my life but I did.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I can't stop laughing after reading that page. Thanks Tom, you've made a terrible day awesome again.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

How heartless of you, Antimony! Sad Ysengrin should be enough to convince anyone to do anything.

More things for fun:

I really wanted to do Coyote in the last panel as well, but there's so much other stuff going on around him that I couldn't figure out a good way to frame it.

Also, just finished this:

If anyone has a decent animation swipe effect and knows how to use it, it'd be cool if you could make it swipe between these. Here's the base image I used to make that from; the left and right borders are the same as the ones in the .gif version: http://i.imgur.com/z4WbH.png

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jul 20, 2012

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Ysengrin has always been my favourite. This just cements it for me, especially that 3rd to last panel with Coyote messing his face. Brilliant.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The mighty and fearsome Coyote, everybody.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ysengrin is stuck in the washing machine.

e: Really, I ought to be keeping the background constant so it looks a bit more sane, but I only just now realized that and need to get to bed.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 20, 2012

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
My God, everyone is so emotive. It's... I don't know how to even feel!

Oxxidation posted:

The mighty and fearsome Coyote, everybody.
I came here to post this drat-near word-for-word.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Turns out Coyote's Great Secret is that if you kick up enough of a fuss, you'll get your way just so you'll stop.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

You lot need to link the new comic page when you start talking about it, I check the forums more than I check my rss feeds :(.

The comic, for ...myself, I guess.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Oh my god. :aaa:

This is my new favourite page. Every panel is amazing.

I love that the blue markings on Coyotes face look like a flood of tears.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
No Annie no! If you turn around now he will believe he can get away with anything!

As long as he is acting like a giant baby, he can keep his greatest secret to himself.:colbert:

Wili fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 20, 2012

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Dear lord, this page is amazing. Ysengrin :allears:

He's really warmed up to Annie since she stayed in the forest.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

More things for fun:

Flip the first one: "Argh, what the hell is this poo poo?"
Second one: "Fun Fact: Coyote's poop stains". Or something in that vein. I may actually get that first one.

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe
This page is the best page. All the faces are so expressive.

And Ysengrim is quickly becoming my favorite character.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is why you don't try to speculate what will happen Wednesday & Friday based on one panel from Monday :madmax:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I love how the second panel shows that coyote doesn't let the laws of physics get in the way of being as pathetic as possible. He is very powerful you know.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

COYOTE! HAVE SOME DIGNITY!

The way Ysengrin says this cracks me up, it's like he's terrified of his own words, but also just has no idea what the hell else to do. Part of me wonders if Coyote is just acting, but either way he's hilarious.

This page made my Friday already.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
The only reason I'm not buying an avatar right now is because I suspect Coyote's going to give his GREAT SECRET in the form of a long and freewheeling shaggy-god story, which means even better avatars to come!

You'd think Ysengrin would be used to him being undignified by now.

And now, another 72 straight hours of :f5:ing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
Not only do I love Coyote, and Ysengrin's reactions to him, but I adore the fact that Annie is speaking up for Ysengrin. I love the way their dynamic has evolved.

This comic... :allears: