Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

These would be fine if it wasn't for the strange stitching

It's almost like they forgot that the shirts were actually worn by three dimensional people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
New Sampdoria kit is looking ace.

They've made it a bit harder to kiss the badge though.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

MrBling posted:

First time I ever seen a badge their. What other teams done this to their kits?

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.
now you can flex and kiss your biceps

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

AHHH THE FRENCH posted:

You're not kidding. These are awful.

urgh

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MrBling posted:

New Sampdoria kit is looking ace.

It doesn't look ace at all though?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's lovely that Samp isn't sponsored by ERG anymore. Even though it was just text it always looked nice.

That badge on the sleeve is a bit weird.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Is it supposed to be a historical kit or something? IIRC that crest with the sailor smoking a pipe, which might win the crest scudetto imo, is relatively new, so it makes sense to use the badge they would have had for whatever shirt they're throwing back to.

I like it, i'm all for biceps kissing.

e. it bothers me that it's only on one sleeve, actually, with nothing in that location on the other sleeve.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

Is it supposed to be a historical kit or something? IIRC that crest with the sailor smoking a pipe, which might win the crest scudetto imo, is relatively new, so it makes sense to use the badge they would have had for whatever shirt they're throwing back to.

I like it, i'm all for biceps kissing.

e. it bothers me that it's only on one sleeve, actually, with nothing in that location on the other sleeve.

That crest in the middle of the shirt is the Genova city crest; they've had that for years.

I imagine the Serie A patch will be on the other sleeve.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Gigi Galli posted:

That crest in the middle of the shirt is the Genova city crest; they've had that for years.

I imagine the Serie A patch will be on the other sleeve.

Yeah, which was what they used when they formed the club right? I was trying to say the sailor crest is newer and the reason for it being shifted off the main shirt would make sense if the kit was supposed to be a tribute to some anniversary or something.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

Yeah, which was what they used when they formed the club right? I was trying to say the sailor crest is newer and the reason for it being shifted off the main shirt would make sense if the kit was supposed to be a tribute to some anniversary or something.

Yeah, sorry I misread that. I meant to say that the Genova city crest and the Samp crest have existed on the same shirt for years.

I did some searching and it turns out the badge on the sleeve is not without precedent. The year after they won the scudetto, they had a very similar kit, so maybe it is a throwback. Here's Vialli wearing it.

Mancini was on that team as well, but you can't see the crest

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011
Wolves released their new away kit and, as could well be expected, it is fairly shite:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

AHHH THE FRENCH posted:

You're not kidding. These are awful.

they're not bad, they're bland.

"bad" is Barcelona this year, or the Liverpool third, or the Arsenal away, or even Inter making a red away kit (if you want to add in "they should know better,") but this? It's just generic and bland. It's not offensive.

Sampdoria always look great. Love the crest and design.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
So many red away kits this season.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

FlickingFire posted:

Wolves released their new away kit and, as could well be expected, it is fairly shite:

That would be a slick look if the shorts were lighter blue.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
So this is not just football but all Spanish Olympians, but since they're sending a squad and, well...

Link

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
gently caress me, no wonder Nadal pulled out...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
ESPAÑA, indeed

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So that's what they did with all the matador kit.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Welcome to Olympic Burger, may I take your order?

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The SARS Volta posted:

So this is not just football but all Spanish Olympians, but since they're sending a squad and, well...

Link

McDonald's sponsorship is getting a bit too much.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

sassassin posted:

So many red away kits this season.

Everyone hired the same far eastern marketing consultant. Poor Swansea!

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4436883/New-Premier-League-kits-SunSports-guide.html

All the kits in one place. Looks like I'm getting a City away with RVP on it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dress like Real Madrid, play like Barcelona.

Swansea home best of a bad bunch.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Really like that Wigan away shirt, I always like Wigan shirts!

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

That City away is really nice, the only City fan I know hates it for some reason.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Liverpool home is perfect

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Those macron shorts are so bad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Villa's shirts are horrendous, I hadn't seen them before.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

a bad poster yall posted:

All the kits in one place. Looks like I'm getting a City away with RVP on it.

I always thought the memorial year where Arsenal wore a similar burgundy/maroon/blackcurrant/whatevever marketing speak you call it colour was an awesome strip, I always wondered why they reverted back to the same red as Liverpool and Man United.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Zenit's new kits are lovely.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

The SARS Volta posted:

Link

What'cha gonna do, BROTHER

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah, sorry I misread that. I meant to say that the Genova city crest and the Samp crest have existed on the same shirt for years.

I did some searching and it turns out the badge on the sleeve is not without precedent. The year after they won the scudetto, they had a very similar kit, so maybe it is a throwback. Here's Vialli wearing it.

Mancini was on that team as well, but you can't see the crest

Now this is some good Shirt/Kit/Box Thread poo poo right here

Now also annoyed they don't have ERG as a sponsor any longer (pronounced Urgh)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Botany As Optimism posted:

Now this is some good Shirt/Kit/Box Thread poo poo right here

Now also annoyed they don't have ERG as a sponsor any longer (pronounced Urgh)

"Ehhrg" actually. They still sponsor them, just not on the shirt unfortunately. Riccardo Garrone still owns the club and also is a chairman on the board of ERG.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Mickolution posted:

Zenit's new kits are lovely.

That away shirt is gorgeous, I may have to get one of those.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:haw: :suicide:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Honestly didn't think they looked nearly as bad during the friendly. Still bad but not as horrible.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

New home shirt of Sporting Charleroi

kippa posted:

That away shirt is gorgeous, I may have to get one of those.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12848838

http://www.rt.com/sport/football/zenit-racist-team-russia-628/

Unless you're already a fan, you might want Zenit's reputation to improve a bit before you do that. People might get the wrong idea.

Nice kits, though.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What'cha gonna do, BROTHER

This is the best comment I've seen in this thread. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Really wish united offered goalie jerseys in short sleeve since it's hot year round here and I never wear a long sleeve jersey.