Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
The expansion, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I've been playing that Squids game a bit over the last couple days and it's really growing on me.. On the 4th mission you gain two new characters - a gunslinger and a sumo wrestler - and the gameplay begins to get more engaging (although it's pretty easy so far, which is funny since I saw a bun ch of reviews of people claiming it wasn't possible to get past mission 5 w/o IAPs) as you begin to see jars of bonus Action Points (energy? stamina?) scattered around the map every couple turns, which allow you to chain together 3-5 "turns" worth of Action Points on a single character (and the jars tend to regenerate your limited-use-per-turn abilities like boost, gunslinger, ground stomp, heal, as well as giving a spiked red turtle shell to defend you at turn's end, a star which is also a ranged attack, etc.)

One thing that I didn't figure out for a bit is that whenever you see an enemy (or friendly, in the case of the healer) with a red pinwheel underneath them, that means they're within range for an activated ability to be used on them by tapping them.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wiimote works like a charm. Now I can play NES anywhere. :kimchi:

Renoistic posted:

Disgaea works nicely on my (EU) Galaxy S3. Thanks for the link!

Whoa whoa whoa what

How do I do this

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Nitrousoxide posted:

Just a heads up. Great Little War Game is on sale for 99 cents right now.

I just got a Nexus 7 today, will this look good on it or a bit cack like everything else does at the moment?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Whoa whoa whoa what

How do I do this

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Everything's in English. I just found this site which is what the Game Hub app thing actually connects to when you download the game, can someone try it and see if it works?

[url][/url]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 18, 2012

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I just got a Nexus 7 today, will this look good on it or a bit cack like everything else does at the moment?
GLWG looks great on Incredible, Incredible 2, and my Asus Transformer.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Looks and runs fine on my Galaxy Nexus, but that screen is a lot smaller.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
I found it to be pretty fuzzy/blurry resolution on my Streak 5. Maybe because it was trying to use phone assets on a 5" screen?

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Don't use any Dell product as a bellwether. Both Streaks made everything look terrible.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Splizwarf posted:

I found it to be pretty fuzzy/blurry resolution on my Streak 5. Maybe because it was trying to use phone assets on a 5" screen?
The Streak is probably considered mdpi instead of hdpi so the application might use different resources.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

IndieGala is doing a Pay What you Want for Android games.

quote:

IG MOBILE II is Here!

6 amazing Android games, 2 Great Desura redeemable titles
and the ultra-cool little 8 bit Mario-esque platform game TinyPlumbers of Robot Loves Kitty!

Pay what you want for 3 Great Android games:
The Lost Souls, Battlegroup and Ichi !
Beat the average to get also:
Xelorians, Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Land, Little Stars for Little Wars 2
plus
Spin Deluxe, Cute Things Dying Violently and TinyPlumbers!

Finally, those who beat the average will get also a secret bonus EP and LSLW2 Dreaming-in-the-space original soundtrack!

And don't forget! The average increases in the very first hours, so grab it now while the price is still low!

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

lessthankyle posted:

Don't use any Dell product as a bellwether. Both Streaks made everything look terrible.

Some of the bug-related poo poo they got was justified, god knows I had a fistful of hardware issues with mine, but you're wrong about the phone's screen. The 7-inch tablet had a crap screen but the phone's screen was excellent, getting very high marks in reviews, and transflective to boot. It was 186 dpi so probably mdpi, yeah.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as fuck.

ChikoDemono posted:

This is a pretty cool thing. Really wanted to try a few of those anyway.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

How does beat the average work? After its done or the average now?

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

tater_salad posted:

How does beat the average work? After its done or the average now?

The average now. It says what it is at the top of the page.

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
Indiegala is cool, got a few games from the last one, totally worth it.

Quick question though, I'm guessing there's no way to link these purchased apps to the market, so we can get any updates released afterwards, correct?

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Where did the Disgaea link go? Am I too late? :(

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vonManstein posted:

Indiegala is cool, got a few games from the last one, totally worth it.

Quick question though, I'm guessing there's no way to link these purchased apps to the market, so we can get any updates released afterwards, correct?

Correct, you'd have to sideload updates.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

As promised here's the Inifnite black thread.. it's not super great but it's there, if someone who'se better at BBcode wants to do a better one feel free

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3496620

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

tater_salad posted:

As promised here's the Inifnite black thread.. it's not super great but it's there, if someone who'se better at BBcode wants to do a better one feel free

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3496620

Righteous. I sincerely hope we can get a good following - it's a fun game, IAPs really seem totally optional, and gently caress if I don't think we could easily mess with the game's ecosystem.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ChikoDemono posted:

I haven't delved into all the games in this bundle, but Little Wars for Little Stars is loving awesome, and Ichi is a puzzle game very similar to Quell, except your ball is always moving and you control objects that the ball bounces off of. Cthulhu: Wasted Lands is also really good, if a little hard to control on a phone screen due to how many loving buttons it has. The game also makes heavy use of the difference between tapping and tapping/holding, so there's a bit of a learning curve for the controls. The first mission is dead easy though, so there's plenty of time to get used to them.

Interrupt
Mar 30, 2010
Picked up a Nexus 7, this thing should be a pretty sweet little gaming device. Everything I've thrown at it has been silky smooth, and it came with $25 of play store credits so I can go on a game installing rampage. Is that Call of Cthulhu game worth picking up? Sorta looks like an eldritch X-Com.

Testing Delver on it showed some big issues with the game, mostly around multitouch and the jittery turning, so I spent last night squashing all of the touch input bugs that I could find and pushed out an update. Would like some feedback on how the controls feel now, for those of you that have Delver could you update and try it out?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
drat, I didn't look into any of those games at first but I might have to grab that bundle. I'm spoiled by Steam though, it'd be nice to be able to activate all this on the Android market or something.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It seemed weird that it's pitched as a mobile sale but three of the games are PC/Mac only.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Has anyone had any luck playing Cogs on a Nexus 7? I got it from the Humble Bundle but every time I open it, it immediately crashes.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Quandary posted:

Has anyone had any luck playing Cogs on a Nexus 7? I got it from the Humble Bundle but every time I open it, it immediately crashes.

Yeah I have the same problem. Guess we'll have to wait for an update maybe.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Shadowgun is surprisingly good on the Nexus 7. What other 3d/tegra games are worthwhile?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Chas McGill posted:

Shadowgun is surprisingly good on the Nexus 7. What other 3d/tegra games are worthwhile?

I've been playing Dead Trigger. Fun little FPS.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chas McGill posted:

Major Mayhem is pretty super fun on the N7, and it's free.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I have to say, Major Mayhem is maybe the best game I've played on the platform. Fun arcade-y goodness and I haven't really had issues earning enough coins to avoid an in-app purchase (although $0.99 for double coins is a good idea).

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

Chas McGill posted:

I liked Demolition Inc, and GTA3 if you have a controller--without it the controls are pretty difficult for me at least. With a TF201 and the keyboard, it makes it pretty playable. There's more Tegra games I've got and liked, I just don't remember what they are at the moment.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Tunga posted:

Major Mayhem is pretty super fun on the N7, and it's free.

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

I have to say, Major Mayhem is maybe the best game I've played on the platform. Fun arcade-y goodness and I haven't really had issues earning enough coins to avoid an in-app purchase (although $0.99 for double coins is a good idea).
Cool. I installed it from the Play site. This is actually the first time I've used Play to send an app to a device.

uapyro posted:

I liked Demolition Inc, and GTA3 if you have a controller--without it the controls are pretty difficult for me at least. With a TF201 and the keyboard, it makes it pretty playable. There's more Tegra games I've got and liked, I just don't remember what they are at the moment.
Yeah, I was thinking of getting Max Payne and GTA3 but I was worried about the controls. Shadowgun kind of works because it's so simple.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

Yeah, I was thinking of getting Max Payne and GTA3 but I was worried about the controls. Shadowgun kind of works because it's so simple.

I'm onto Part II in Max Payne playing with the touchscreen controls, and it works just fine. I'm playing on the easiest difficulty (figured I'd have touchscreen issues), and wish that I actually ramped it up a bit. GTA3 is a little tricker.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why aren't there any guides or wikis for Karosoft games? I can't find any for Dungeon Village, anyhow, other than a very simple one that just lists the jobs.

In a way it's kind of cool not knowing what's going to happen (uh, a wrestler just showed up in town) but it'd be nice to know how to get the more obscure stuff.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
I keep thinking about logging my way through Grand Prix story sometime. While cause and effect are particularly obvious for most of that game (compared to other KS titles), it takes long enough to play through that I keep forgetting what gets you what. :ohdear:

e:
\/\/\/ Rad, thanks!

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 20, 2012

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Bought the freebie of the day off the Amazon market (some boring-looking racing game, but I'm going to be babysitting my nephew all weekend and he eats that poo poo up,) and received a free $1 credit for the Amazon MP3 store, cool. :D

precision posted:

Why aren't there any guides or wikis for Karosoft games? I can't find any for Dungeon Village, anyhow, other than a very simple one that just lists the jobs.

In a way it's kind of cool not knowing what's going to happen (uh, a wrestler just showed up in town) but it'd be nice to know how to get the more obscure stuff.
There should be everything you need on Kairospot, it's been linked in this thread a few times and I know I've found all kinds of guides and stat lists, there.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

coyo7e posted:

Bought the freebie of the day off the Amazon market (some boring-looking racing game, but I'm going to be babysitting my nephew all weekend and he eats that poo poo up,) and received a free $1 credit for the Amazon MP3 store, cool. :D

Amazon has been giving mp3 credit away like candy lately. Check Coupons once in a while when you need some music.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

coyo7e posted:

There should be everything you need on Kairospot, it's been linked in this thread a few times and I know I've found all kinds of guides and stat lists, there.

Ah, danke. I guess it didn't show up in my brief searching because it's a closed community? At any rate, groovy.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

precision posted:

Ah, danke. I guess it didn't show up in my brief searching because it's a closed community? At any rate, groovy.
Yeah, once you register to view their forums, there's pretty much everything you need. They also only email you with updates about kairosoft game releases, etc. :)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did anyone else on the S3 buy Max Payne only to have them remove compatibility later? I installed it when I bought it and the touchscreen controls didn't show up, and apparently a lot of people had the same issue. I went to reinstall it the other day but it doesn't even show the install button anymore and tells me my device is incompatible. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as fuck.
Any opinions on the first Zenonia game? Bought it a while ago but never got round to playing it.

• Locked thread