Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

The whole tower structure system reminded me a bit of the Infinity Fortress in GetBackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
But doesn't FUG not need a figurehead? considering that it's an organization created by a specific Irregular?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

alkanphel posted:

The whole tower structure system reminded me a bit of the Infinity Fortress in GetBackers.

Only not intensely stupid.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

Only not intensely stupid.

Yeah kinda like a mix of that and the Celestial Tower in HxH.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nasgate posted:

But doesn't FUG not need a figurehead? considering that it's an organization created by a specific Irregular?

You're thinking of the Wingtree Organization, which is different. FUG was created by one of the people who climbed the tower with Zahard.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cbouncerrun posted:

You're thinking of the Wingtree Organization, which is different. FUG was created by one of the people who climbed the tower with Zahard.

I thought it was the same organization but they changed the acronym?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Nasgate posted:

I thought it was the same organization but they changed the acronym?

This is Wingtree.

This is FUG.

Baam has more-or-less been formally invited to both; he just doesn't know about his Wingtree invitation from Yuri yet.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sarcophallus posted:

This is Wingtree.

This is FUG.

Baam has more-or-less been formally invited to both; he just doesn't know about his Wingtree invitation from Yuri yet.

Thanks for that, I was getting pretty confused about it all.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
Is anyone stoked hoping for mangator like I am or is he going to be brushed off the stage?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
According to the high-ranker write-up, FUG's leader is actually a native of the tower who helped the 10 heroes or whatever carve out the Zahard Empire :science:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The Holy Queef posted:

Is anyone stoked hoping for mangator like I am or is he going to be brushed off the stage?

I don't get why this thread likes that character so much. He's just a Klingon-equivalent used to make tsundere jokes.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more of characters like Anak, Koon, and Jaina being all :smug: and :master:.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Silver2195 posted:

I don't get why this thread likes that character so much. He's just a Klingon-equivalent used to make tsundere jokes.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more of characters like Anak, Koon, and Jaina being all :smug: and :master:.

I think your problem is that you just haven't got a banana.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

Jaina?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The shut-in Zahard Princess who spies on everyone.

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!
Looks like the the first chapter after the break will be on the 25th floor, which means a few season one characters should make an appearance.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Silver2195 posted:

His intro was the absolute best. ... .....even if he's fated to be a minor character

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Mangator is absolutely the best character because he calls everyone "turtle" and he looks badass.

Does anyone know what the "slayer candidate" of FUG is supposed to be? If I had to guess it would be that he/she can slay Zahard but I don't think it has really been explained.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Mangator is absolutely the best character because he calls everyone "turtle" and he looks badass.

Does anyone know what the "slayer candidate" of FUG is supposed to be? If I had to guess it would be that he/she can slay Zahard but I don't think it has really been explained.

I'm also guessing it means someone who can kill Zahard, but I suppose it could also mean someone who can kill Guardians.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Yuri do things again. She never showed up for long, but cool things happened when she did.

Plus, if she does, we might see Viole get Black March in a more permanent capacity. Not enough rapiers in anime.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

There are a maximum of eleven Slayers. Slayers are appointed to one day kill Zahard and the heads of the 10 Families, so there's one Slayer for each of them. There's four empty spots right now, apparently. Aside from that, we don't know much.

I'm half-expecting that the slayers are 'assigned' a Family when they're given their position, just so we have a chapter ending with something like "Viole Jyu Grace, you are now the Slayer of Koon." (Grace himself has probably called Zahard already, after all.)

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter is out. Reuploaded for your convenience.

Though actually it's not very convenient, I guess Imgur changed some things around and now you have to click the gear to get the full resolution images. 6 pages in total.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wish the chapters were longer than 6 pages :negative:
So we're finally back to the team that dedicated themselves to Baam's original cause of bringing Lahel/Rachel to the top of the tower. Let's see how many of the original members are still remaining.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha, oh Koon, you are the best.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Nahxela posted:

I wish the chapters were longer than 6 pages :negative:

I almost want to swear off reading this until it's done so I can marathon it, I want to know what happens next pretty bad.

Looks like they're working on improving their chances still, and my assumption is Koon is the man in charge because it's Koon we're talking about here. That said... where's the Gator!? :mad:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought the author said that Koon and Rachel split from the rest of the group.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cbouncerrun posted:

I thought the author said that Koon and Rachel split from the rest of the group.

If that's true, this sucks because character interactions are what make this manhwa good. Chapters focusing on only one or two characters so far have been exceedingly boring :(

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003

Mo_Steel posted:

I almost want to swear off reading this until it's done so I can marathon it, I want to know what happens next pretty bad.

Maybe ToG will run over a decade =P

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just finished marathoning through the series. Now I have to wait for new chapters. :negative:

Something I'm wondering about is how much Viole is in on the conspiracy going on. I doubt he's completely aware, that is he doesn't know about the manipulations that got him to join FUG, but I do think all his actions in the last arc were done as a means to manipulate Wangnan, and that FUG is just telling him some reason other than the real one for it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
That kind of makes me wonder if FUG wasn't partly behind Wangnan's previous failures to pass the level 20 test. Despite not being a Viole-style ubermensh, he's depicted as quite clever, opportunistic, and competent. If he really is Zahard's heir, FUG may have wanted to keep him in reserve until now.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hodgepodge posted:

That kind of makes me wonder if FUG wasn't partly behind Wangnan's previous failures to pass the level 20 test. Despite not being a Viole-style ubermensh, he's depicted as quite clever, opportunistic, and competent. If he really is Zahard's heir, FUG may have wanted to keep him in reserve until now.

On the other hand, he's apparently a Fisherman [evidenced by his Reel inventory], but has displayed absolutely no competence at that role.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
Didn't he use his reel to grab the connecter from Love? Blindsiding a ranker and grabbing something they're protecting is rather impressive.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hodgepodge posted:

Didn't he use his reel to grab the connecter from Love? Blindsiding a ranker and grabbing something they're protecting is rather impressive.

I guess, but I don't think Love even suspected he'd go for the controller, let alone barge in on them. It doesn't really say anything about his combat abilities though, and that's really what the Fisherman spot is about.

In other news, same day scanlation from a new, third group: http://onlinereader.mangapirate.net/Tower%20of%20God/104/2

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad that they went ahead and let us know Koon is onto her. It would have beyond belief that loving Koon would be fooled when she's that sloppy about it.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Digging the translation from this group much more than the other two I've seen. Having to read page by page sucks, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to be free of that crazy fucker.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I prefer the name translation of The Company though.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, it took me a second to figure out who Andorsi and Hatz were (Androssi and Hatsu)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Who is Byul, then? And Yisoo too, I guess.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yisoo might be Leesoo? They sound fairly similar. Not sure about Byul.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

More importantly, what happened to ManGator :saddowns:

digital404
Aug 4, 2006
I think Byul is a new character, or at least a new name for someone. Byul seems to be a standard romanization of the korean word (for star).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Shugojin posted:

More importantly, what happened to ManGator :saddowns:

ManGator realized Rachel was full of poo poo and is questing for his TURTLE.