Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

You do, it's just mixed with flatfacethings. Ladies took their husband's pits and crossed them with ugly poo poo until they were bostons. There's a reason I tolerate Frankie: he legit acts like a pit bull, he just can't loving breathe so he doesn't require as much effort.

Feldman DOES act like a Pit, inn that he gets real excited and will sometimes smash his head into me because of it. And much like real pits, he has a big heavy head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

2tomorrow posted:

Okay I started one. Mostly because I'm procrastinating right now and I think it's all stuff I've posted before (or at least stuff already on my imgur account) but I'll add more over the next few days.

Hope you're doing okay. I've had some health scares and I think the dogs have even more trouble dealing with new people because they're worried about me. Bandit bit my husband after we'd been married 5 years when I was injured and Bandit was worried about me. It's hard on them I think.

It's been rough, but I've managed to escape major health problems (but I do have a broken foot!). I consider this to be an acceptable trade off. And I think your right; Bailey's probably picking up on how stressed everyone is and its making him nervous. I've just been trying hard to make sure he knows my mom is the gatekeeper to good things, just like I am. I think he'll warm up to her just fine once we're all a little less stressed.

Bash Ironfist posted:

So. Cattle Dogs. I don't know how anyone NOT on a farm can own one. Had one come into work today and holy poo poo, so much energy. He kept trying to get the other dogs to play, when all they wanted to do was lay around, try to keep cool in the heat and laze about in front of the many fans we have.

After he figured out no one wanted to play, he tried to get ME to play. Oh god how I wanted to play with him, but I had stuff to do! So I gave him a pat on the head and told him to be good while I did stuff, and he stayed in the main area with the other dogs. A couple minutes later, I feel a nose on the back of my knee. The dog had figured out how to work the latch on the gate. :staredog:

I can't imagine trying to keep a dog like that in the city AND keep it from going insane due to boredom.

He was a real cutie though. :3:

Bailey is legit one of the laziest dogs I know. He's a pretty easy keeper (but I make sure to give him some decent walks, lots of training sessions, and he has to work for his food) but I would certainly say he's atypical of the breed. Maybe a year in the shelter (and being removed from things he has really high drive for, like horses to herd and cats to attack) has mellowed him out.

Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?

Bash Ironfist posted:

So. Cattle Dogs. I don't know how anyone NOT on a farm can own one. Had one come into work today and holy poo poo, so much energy. He kept trying to get the other dogs to play, when all they wanted to do was lay around, try to keep cool in the heat and laze about in front of the many fans we have.

After he figured out no one wanted to play, he tried to get ME to play. Oh god how I wanted to play with him, but I had stuff to do! So I gave him a pat on the head and told him to be good while I did stuff, and he stayed in the main area with the other dogs. A couple minutes later, I feel a nose on the back of my knee. The dog had figured out how to work the latch on the gate. :staredog:

I can't imagine trying to keep a dog like that in the city AND keep it from going insane due to boredom.

He was a real cutie though. :3:

I can't speak for everyone's cattle dog, but mine is so unfailingly routine-based that her energy level is almost never a problem. She knows that my fiance wakes up for work at 6:30, and she's made it Her Job to make sure he does so, so she gets up at that time and pounces on him until he gets out of bed (even on weekends! :doh:) Then she settles right back down next to me and goes back to sleep, because she knows I don't get up until a half hour later.

She sleeps all day, to the point where if I have a day off and want to get her to do something with me she gets all groany and grumbly about it. But come 5 PM, there's no holding her back and she transforms from this lazy blob into a bundle of energy. When she's "on" though, it does seem like she could go forever and not stop to rest. It's definitely off-putting to friends and relatives who only see her when she has energy to burn-- a lot of people think she's like that all the time and don't really believe me when I tell them that 90% of the day she's just snoozing at my feet or on my lap.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Ginny Field posted:

It's definitely off-putting to friends and relatives who only see her when she has energy to burn-- a lot of people think she's like that all the time and don't really believe me when I tell them that 90% of the day she's just snoozing at my feet or on my lap.

I have had that exact conversation about a BC. People look at you as though you're lying or being brainwashed by this dog that is smarter than you. She just gets really super aroused by different people, either by dancing for joy or raising the hackles and bark/growling depending on whether she knows them. I see this as a Good Thing provided she also cools off when told.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Throw the ball. Do it.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Levitate posted:

Throw the ball. Do it.

Send her to me and I will throw that ball.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
YOu guys, you GUYS.

http://columbusga.craigslist.org/pet/3154382845.html

"bullmassive/rockrollar"

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I can't be the only one who thinks that puppy has a really ugly face ahaha.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Dog is ugly as hell

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Cute because it's a pup, but fell from the ugly tree for sure.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Maybe he'd be cuter if he wasn't wall-eyed?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Not sure if this should be here or the Bully thread but dammit, stories like this are happening with alarming frequency. Such crap. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr93KI6vaKE

( A long video, skip ahead to 2:20 for the beginning of the :psyduck: )

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

Not sure if this should be here or the Bully thread but dammit, stories like this are happening with alarming frequency. Such crap. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr93KI6vaKE

( A long video, skip ahead to 2:20 for the beginning of the :psyduck: )

There has to be more to this; who kicks a service dog? I am pretty sure that in kindergarten they teach you that if you see a dog with a ~special vest~ on helping a person you do not touch it/gently caress with it. I am trying to fathom what possibly could have occurred to cause two separate airline employees to kick a service dog in the ribs for no reason. :psyduck:

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

What the hell is "rockrollar" supposed to be? Bullmasive I got, and I'm used to dotsons and chiwawas and shizues, but what is a rockrollar?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

What the hell is "rockrollar" supposed to be? Bullmasive I got, and I'm used to dotsons and chiwawas and shizues, but what is a rockrollar?

Rottweiler. Craigslist makes my head hurt.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Ohhh. Of course.

:downs:

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

Superconsndar posted:

There has to be more to this; who kicks a service dog? I am pretty sure that in kindergarten they teach you that if you see a dog with a ~special vest~ on helping a person you do not touch it/gently caress with it. I am trying to fathom what possibly could have occurred to cause two separate airline employees to kick a service dog in the ribs for no reason. :psyduck:

You might be surprised. I have heard a depressing number of stories like this over the years. Especially in close quarters like the airline shuttle, it seems to be a lot of people's instinctive reaction is to kick out at an unexpected dog. I've heard of people being kicked out in direct violation of the ADA, asked all sorts of humiliating questions about their condition, denied hotel rooms because of the animal, that sort of thing. Think about how stupid people get around dogs in public. A vest identifying it as a service dog helps a bit but not everyone knows or cares.

Also just about every time I have flown United the customer service was horrible including open rudeness from staff so that lends some credibility to the story for me.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Well if you guys want that ugly dog, make sure to call him because "i rarily check my email thanks" :downs:

Also here's are two pictures of Blu, the pit. He enjoys playing by turning sideways and slamming himself against your shins. My shins kinda hurt now.

*insert baby here*

You can kinda see hot spots on him in this one. The fur's real thin there :(

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Levitate posted:

Throw the ball. Do it.

That's a pretty serious look. I'd...I'd do what she says :ohdear:

Asstro Van
Apr 15, 2007

Always check your blind spots before backing that thang up.

Bash Ironfist posted:

Well if you guys want that ugly dog, make sure to call him because "i rarily check my email thanks" :downs:

Also here's are two pictures of Blu, the pit. He enjoys playing by turning sideways and slamming himself against your shins. My shins kinda hurt now.

*insert baby here*

You can kinda see hot spots on him in this one. The fur's real thin there :(

Are your employers and clients cool with you posting pictures like that? I don't want to be a party pooper but that kind of thing is grounds for termination at a lot of places, even ignoring the catty comments about the owners.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Asstro Van posted:

Are your employers and clients cool with you posting pictures like that? I don't want to be a party pooper but that kind of thing is grounds for termination at a lot of places, even ignoring the catty comments about the owners.

Yes! In fact my employer will ask me to send her the pictures so she can put it on the website. As long as I don't go 'this dog belongs to *insert exact name here* and the dog is A HORRIBLE WHINING BITCH I HATE HER, it's okay.

edit: And the clients are cool with it, because they get to see that their dog isn't being horribly tortured or something. I wouldn't post pictures if I hadn't gotten the okay first!

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.
So George isn't allowed to have squeaky toys right now unless we're training. They're his reward so we keep them up otherwise to make them even more high value, and they were already his favorite thing in the world.

I think he has managed to hide one though because I keep hearing squeaks when he is outside. I have searched the entire yard thoroughly (and it is pretty much just a dirt lot so there are not many places to hide something) and I cannot find the drat thing. I am also a little concerned that I am going crazy. :ohdear:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

2tomorrow posted:

So George isn't allowed to have squeaky toys right now unless we're training. They're his reward so we keep them up otherwise to make them even more high value, and they were already his favorite thing in the world.

I think he has managed to hide one though because I keep hearing squeaks when he is outside. I have searched the entire yard thoroughly (and it is pretty much just a dirt lot so there are not many places to hide something) and I cannot find the drat thing. I am also a little concerned that I am going crazy. :ohdear:

Could he have buried it? Since it's dirt, maybe he dug a little hole somewhere to bury it in?

Either that or he's driven you mad, and the squeaks you hear are the squeaks OF MADNESS! :black101:

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.
He's not really a digger and I didn't see any evidence of digging when I inspected the yard in daylight this evening (it started last night). It was when it started up again tonight that I really began considering madness as a possibility.

I think he's up to something though. He spends an awful lot of time just watching me. I used to think it was out of love, but now I am beginning to suspect that he has other motivations. I can almost see him plotting...

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I know it was never a huge thing to begin with, but it's gotten to the point that if anyone in this city tells me their dog is CGC certified it means nothing to me. I've known too many people who evaluate dogs they shouldn't be evaluating, allowing things that break AKC rules (like prong collars), and just being way too lax on the test.

Today my friend and I went on a hike with a local dog hiking group we're a part of. One of the member's CGC certified dog nipped a child that passed by. So there's my uppity, tired rant of the day.

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

2tomorrow posted:

He's not really a digger and I didn't see any evidence of digging when I inspected the yard in daylight this evening (it started last night). It was when it started up again tonight that I really began considering madness as a possibility.

I think he's up to something though. He spends an awful lot of time just watching me. I used to think it was out of love, but now I am beginning to suspect that he has other motivations. I can almost see him plotting...

Have you ever seen the movie Snatch? I'm pretty sure that's what has happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6m07fK6QY

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Shebrew posted:

That's a pretty serious look. I'd...I'd do what she says :ohdear:

That's not even her "game face" but yes it's best to throw the ball or there are...consequences.

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

hhgtrillian posted:

Have you ever seen the movie Snatch? I'm pretty sure that's what has happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6m07fK6QY

:stare: I had not considered that possibility.

edit on topic of CGC: I've noticed that it seems to be rather meaningless too. There was just an incident at my girlfriend's workplace where a dog was tied in the bed of a pickup while his owner went in, the person parked next to them tried to return to his vehicle and the dog reached over the edge of the bed and bit him quite badly. In the legal wrangling that followed it came out that the dog in question had his CGC but had also bitten another person since receiving it. :psyduck:

I wish there was some better standardization. I'm going to be getting George his pretty soon because we'll likely be renting for the next couple of years as I adapt to my post-divorce life and my animal-lover realtor says that for whatever reason, a lot of landlords won't let "dangerous" breeds like GSDs in unless they have it. Two of my other dogs have it as well because we used to take them to visit folks in a hospice. I'm just a little worried for George about the test where you have to leave them with the evaluator for a few minutes, because when I've done that he apparently just follows me as much as the leash will let him then sits down, stares longingly in the direction I went and occasionally whines a little. I'm not sure if that's enough to fail him.

2tomorrow fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 22, 2012

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I think one of my mice might have a tumour. She's got a pretty sizeable lump on her lower stomach, that has popped up basically overnight; I didn't see it last night, and it's hard to miss. On top of that, her face got freshly ripped open overnight :smith:

I'm going to ring up the vet tomorrow and get an appointment asap. I've no idea whether it's a tumor or a prolapse or what, but I know she needs to get into the vets to see what they say.

Pictures linked if anyone has experience with tumors or whatnot:
http://i.imgur.com/X6N2p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0lwW4.jpg

ETA: I'm definitely not trying to seek any vet help here - I just want to know if anyone can ID what it is, so I can know what to expect tomorrow.

Fraction fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 22, 2012

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

2morrow posted:

I'm not sure if that's enough to fail him.

It shouldn't be, according to the guidelines, but it's so individual-based and location-based that who knows. The dog is not supposed to show excessive anxiety or fear-based reactions once you've left the room, nor is the dog supposed to ignore a different handler and wait for you, but a little whining and sad staring is supposed to be fine.

That being said, all these stories of poorly behaved CGC dogs piss me off because Keeper and I failed twice from him being anxious about me leaving the room and ignoring other handlers, but then of course after I worked with him for weeks, obsessed over it, and took him to be tested again, the administrator of that location did not give two shits and passed him after the first evaluation, with basic obedience. We didn't even get to the stranger side-passing and strange object reactions tests. It was incredibly frustrating and did not live up to the expectations that I built up from reading the CGC guidelines.

I don't refer to Keeper as being CGC-certified because I have no idea what that even means, after that experience.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Foxy posted:

It shouldn't be, according to the guidelines, but it's so individual-based and location-based that who knows. The dog is not supposed to show excessive anxiety or fear-based reactions once you've left the room, nor is the dog supposed to ignore a different handler and wait for you, but a little whining and sad staring is supposed to be fine.

This part of the CGC has always bothered me. Is it weird that I wouldn't WANT a dog that was like "OH COOL I'M WITH YOU NOW. THAT OTHER GUY I WAS WITH BEFORE I HAVE ALREADY FORGOTTEN. LET'S GO HOME!" Obviously a dog that has a panic attack meltdown should fail, but I have heard of dogs failing for so much as indicating that they remembered that their owner existed. If my dog wasn't at least slightly concerned about me suddenly leaving him with a stranger I'd be pretty butthurt. :saddowns:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Yeah I'm with you. I don't know what that says about me as a person, but I love having a 'one-person' dog and I REALLY love when people try to encourage Keeper to come over and say hi and he just straight up ignores them while looking at me. :smug:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Moses loves EVERYBODY FOREVER, but only as long as he can see me- if I leave, he tries to follow. He won't freak out or destroy stuff to get to me, but he'll sit by the door I went out of until I come back if he's alone. If there are other people around, he goes and gets them and tries to get them to open the door for him. :3: That, to me, is ideal.

Frankie doesn't give a poo poo and I'm pretty sure anything that is not in his direct line of vision ceases to exist so he'd probably pass with flying colors.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm actually looking into CGC titles and therapy dog stuff while we're here. I know CGC isn't the tops of anything, but our rental agency said we would've had half pet deposits with certs.

And therapy dog stuff because a couple of the mutts would enjoy it.

But gently caress first I just have to take the dogs over and see if I like the way they do training and stuff. We're taking Ires and Amy. Ires because she's a dumb pup who kinda gets most the basics but why not? And Amy because I wanna see someone else actually try to drill words through her head when she has an explosion of "I DON'T GET IT WHAT ARE YOU SAYING LOOK AT MY PAWS FLAIL" poo poo.

E: Balen's largely the same way. As long as he's with me or husband he's alright, and he will go with someone to say, the back room of a vet office for whatever procedure. But man, the groomer we used to use in Japan used to tell me after I left, he'd behave for her and everything, but when she was working on Amy he was sitting right by the door I left, head on the table, watching out the window and waiting for me. :( I wish I could take him everywhere.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 22, 2012

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm actually looking into CGC titles and therapy dog stuff while we're here. I know CGC isn't the tops of anything, but our rental agency said we would've had half pet deposits with certs.

And therapy dog stuff because a couple of the mutts would enjoy it.

But gently caress first I just have to take the dogs over and see if I like the way they do training and stuff. We're taking Ires and Amy. Ires because she's a dumb pup who kinda gets most the basics but why not? And Amy because I wanna see someone else actually try to drill words through her head when she has an explosion of "I DON'T GET IT WHAT ARE YOU SAYING LOOK AT MY PAWS FLAIL" poo poo.

E: Balen's largely the same way. As long as he's with me or husband he's alright, and he will go with someone to say, the back room of a vet office for whatever procedure. But man, the groomer we used to use in Japan used to tell me after I left, he'd behave for her and everything, but when she was working on Amy he was sitting right by the door I left, head on the table, watching out the window and waiting for me. :( I wish I could take him everywhere.

Aww Balen :3:

I would really like to get Moses at least certified, it would really help with renting. The only part I know for sure he'd have a really hard time with would be the "reaction to another dog" test- he can ignore other dogs in public if we're just walking by them, but if he has to sit there and be chill while I stand and talk to another person with a dog...I dunno. I could make him sit/stay but if the other dog was too interested in him, I can't guarantee he wouldn't break it if I was having to ignore him and talk to the other handler. Usually when he's approached by strange dogs he will behave because he knows I will immediately attempt to get him out of there- forcing him to endure another dog going ":D!" at him while I ignore him to talk to someone would be a really negative experience for him and even if I got him to do it, it'd probably trigger a bunch of anxiousness and reactivity that would take months to fix. The deal we've always had = "you sit/stay/look at me when a strange dog comes up to you, and I will remove you from the torture as quickly as humanly possible." He wouldn't understand why, in spite of him sitting and staying, we were not immediately leaving and I've had things like that turn into massive :qq:-fests for him that undid tons of work on ignoring other dogs.

I guess it would depend on whether the evaluator would allow me to put him in a sit/stay while they approached, and whether they kept our exchange super brief and down to a few seconds. If they drug things out he would probably still pass, but not without having a massive internal crisis that I would then have to spend months dealing with and undoing.

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

Captain Foxy posted:

..nor is the dog supposed to ignore a different handler and wait for you...

That's part of my worry too (even though I know what he does should be fine). My girlfriend and I went hiking with him a couple of weeks ago and I left them for a few minutes to use the restroom at the trail head, and my girlfriend tried to get him to do some basic tricks while I was gone but he totally ignored her. Or rather, she said she'd give him a command and he'd give her an annoyed glance (she phrased it as him saying, "Knock it off lady, I'm looking for someone") and then go back to watching me. But, she's also not really a dog person and my dogs all kind of blow her off unless she has something they really want. George does listen to other handlers on our SAR team when I leave him so I suspect he'd be okay with someone who knows dogs.

Also I am totally into the one-person dog thing. All of my dogs really are and I love it. For all the time and energy and money I put into them they better love me best, drat it.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

People Keeper Will Listen To:
1.) Me
2.) Pardalis
3.) Someone he knows well who also has a treat (roommates, friends, parents, etc)
4.) Someone who has a treat

People Keeper Will Not Listen To:
1.) Strangers who do not have treats
2.) Strangers squeaking, squealing, making kissy noises, whistling, screaming 'HEY DOGGIE HEY PUPPY HEY C'MERE BABY HEY' while also emphatically gesturing or bending down like a large adult baby begging for a hug.

I am a fan of this very clear and solemn dichotomy.

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
:staredog:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I made her post that because a)who the gently caress posts pictures of the poo poo pile as a perk to incite you to take their BYB puppies and b)the anthropomorphic tone is creepy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
I don't understand any of that, especially why a Fisher Price firehouse seemed like a good toy for puppies, buuuut okay they seem to like squishing in there I guess.

Today I took Quaffle up to the Green Mountain nature trail, which was fun until a) it got hot, b) it started raining (which the tree canopy only partially helped), and c) I kept coming to intersections in the trail with no signs indicating which way I should go. I started having visions of having to teach Quaffle to hunt rabbits or something, and that we would become known as the Wild Girl of Green Mountain and Her Faithful Wolf Companion. I had been under the impression that it was more of a paved sidewalk park with a single loop around a lake so I hadn't bothered to check for a map when we started. Quaffle was perfectly happy though because this meant a thousand more trees for him to pee on.

The BEST part of the day though was when we went to Petsmart. I've only brought him there once, about a week after we got him, and he was half crazy, running back and forth on the leash, pulling hard, barking at the other dogs, trying to lick all the merchandise, and generally just being a giant pain. But ever since then, he's been fine on walks, fine at the dog park/dog day care, and was fine when we passed dogs on the trail today, so I decided to try again. He was SO GOOD. He stayed right next to me except for a little sniffing at the aisles. When I stopped walking he leaned against me so I would pet him, and when other people came up to pet he just stood there calmly and didn't try to jump all over them. Even for a six year old girl. There was a class going on and one of the dogs kept barking but he totally ignored it. Now, he LOVES being petted so that was never part of the problem, but I guess the first time I took him he was just overstimulated and still not really comfortable with us, so it makes me really happy to see how much he's settled down since then. :D

The only bad thing was when a group of teenagers was petting him, we discovered a tick on his face from the nature trail. It was still crawling so it was easy to get off but still ugh. When we got home I obsessively checked him over and didn't find anymore, but now I am paranoid. :(

• Locked thread