Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Niddhogg posted:

Put this in the OP

Oh no, Dante got a Happy Birthday with the Wesker assist! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Revitalized posted:

A Dante vs Deadpool crossover movie would just be this for 2 hours.

They need to make that movie. Or an MvC movie from the perspective of a Deadpool/Dante team.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Krad posted:

Oh no, Dante got a Happy Birthday with the Wesker assist! :ohdear:

It's okay. He caught the bullet in his teeth and then probably ate it.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.

Ybrik posted:

Yeah if Xbox people want to run one at a different time thats fine. Just throw out suggestions and see what sticks.

Wednesday after 5pm PST works great for me, as does Monday. I doubt most people would want to do Friday, and I guess the weekend wasn't popular before (don't remember why people went with Thursdays).

Looking to go up against goons with my ridiculously stupid team.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Niddhogg posted:

Put this in the OP

Why the gently caress did he even have a Wesker assist out anyway? Deadpool can OTG on his own just fine.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

Why the gently caress did he even have a Wesker assist out anyway? Deadpool can OTG on his own just fine.

Both Teams are weird, you got Dante, Thor, and Phoenix Wright going against Deadpool, Wesker, and Chris. :v:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

KungFu Grip posted:

Both Teams are weird, you got Dante, Thor, and Phoenix Wright going against Deadpool, Wesker, and Chris. :v:

Obviously Japanese players going at it.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
Iron Man has insanely good TAC infinites from anywhere on screen, from any TAC exchange:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQLP_q6n5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ulK8EL5vA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEdAWMvY23k

The idea is to use the carry combo + S air L Smart Bomb OTG to carry the opponent to the corner where you can do either your aridash infinite or your Smart Bomb Loop infinite. I'd go as far as saying he has the best and most consistent TAC infinites in the game right now.

If I wasn't so hopped up on painkillers now from a procedure I just had I'd be practicing these. They don't look too terribly hard.

SpaceBees fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 22, 2012

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Theres something wonderful in the universe that IM has the most reliable infinite in the game.

EDIT: Again, that is.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

Boxman posted:

Theres something wonderful in the universe that IM has the most reliable infinite in the game.

EDIT: Again, that is.

Careful now, this might get Capcom to patch the game again like they did to Captain America's infinite in vanilla.

Can't have bad characters having good stuff!

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

If anyone is looking for some late night Marvel, theres a stream from the SBO Qualifier in Roppongi going on;

http://www.twitch.tv/finalroundbats

There was a Shuma player doing 80+ hit touch of death combos just now. pretty impressive.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

SpaceBees posted:

Careful now, this might get Capcom to patch the game again

And drop work on Resident Evil 6? Fat chance :smug:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

NoMoneyDown posted:

And drop work on Resident Evil 6? Fat chance :smug:

They can sell it by telling execs they'll cross-promote RE6, just replace Chris's grenade effect with Dormmamu 3x red hand and enjoy the free advertising at Super Chris Opera :getin:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

edit: i'm retarded

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 24, 2012

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Best TAC infinite in the game IMO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNscCKhGSJQ

I wonder if most of the infinites are going to turn into something similar to this.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
That pretty much looks like a normal Ammy combo anyway.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Ah good I needed something new to piss off the guy I play against during our time at sea. He hates Amaterasu so much, I love it.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

iPodschun posted:

I wonder if most of the infinites are going to turn into something similar to this.

More than ever, I think this game should allow players to escape from combos by sacrificing hyper meter.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

More than ever, I think this game should allow players to escape from combos by sacrificing hyper meter.

No. X-factor should have been usable as a burst if you are in hit stun, but no loving meter for bursts. Bursts/combo breakers for super meter is a loving terrible god damned idea.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

No. X-factor should have been usable as a burst if you are in hit stun, but no loving meter for bursts. Bursts/combo breakers for super meter is a loving terrible god damned idea.

I would do this:

You can combo breaker out of any hitstun that isnt caused by a hyper move by using 2 bars.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

NecroMonster posted:

Not always. The meter system in MK9 allows you to use two bars for a combo breaker and it adds a lot of depth to the game.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Yeah, there was a game that did this. It was called Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. High Level play revolved around building 2 meters, bursting, and counter-bursting.

It's loving terrible.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

kaujot posted:

Not always. The meter system in MK9 allows you to use two bars for a combo breaker and it adds a lot of depth to the game.

That's debatable. A lot of people hate MK9 breakers.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Jmcrofts posted:

That's debatable. A lot of people hate MK9 breakers.
Really? I don't keep up with every little bit of commentary, but I can't recall the last time I heard any MK player worth listening to complain about breakers.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

kaujot posted:

Really? I don't keep up with every little bit of commentary, but I can't recall the last time I heard any MK player worth listening to complain about breakers.

that's a selection bias issue though, obviously pretty much anyone left playing mk9 now probably likes breakers, whereas a lot of people who stopped/never played probably did not.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kaujot posted:

I think most people who had big problems with MK have long since stopped playing.

E: beaten

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Good point, both of you. Still, I think it adds a depth to the game that other meter systems don't have.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
For what it's worth I didn't quit MK9 because of the combo breakers, I quit it because it's a buggy piece of poo poo. I actually really liked how the breakers worked. I don't think the same sort of breaker system would make sense in UMVC3, though.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

NecroMonster posted:

I'm curious as to why, though. It seems like it would be right at home in a game where you can continue combos indefinitely by attacking grounded opponents. And some of those infinite combos look dead easy to pull off.

It wouldn't even have to cause damage, wallbounce, or any of that stuff that breaking out of TACs does. It could just be like an advancing guard, but applicable during any hitstun that's not caused by hyper combos.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

I'm curious as to why, though. It seems like it would be right at home in a game where you can continue combos indefinitely by attacking grounded opponents. And some of those infinite combos look dead easy to pull off.

It wouldn't even have to cause damage, wallbounce, or any of that stuff that breaking out of TACs does. It could just be like an advancing guard, but applicable during any hitstun that's not caused by hyper combos.

If you're getting comboed, it's because you hosed up and eating a combo is your punishment (and therefore your motivation to not gently caress up again). You already gain more meter from being hit than your opponent does for hitting you, so why on earth should they add yet another mechanic that benefits the person who's making more mistakes? Is X-Factor really not enough?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

If you're getting comboed, it's because you hosed up and eating a combo is your punishment (and therefore your motivation to not gently caress up again). You already gain more meter from being hit than your opponent does for hitting you, so why on earth should they add yet another mechanic that benefits the person who's making more mistakes? Is X-Factor really not enough?

I'm pretty sure in MvC3 meter gain doesn't actually scale more for the attacker. Check out the meters in that ammy vid further down the page. 2 wrongs don't make a right though, they still shouldn't add breakers to umvc3.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Also the vast majority of those infinite combos involve harder execution and a trickier set-up than just doing a normal 100% combo, but since those don't continue "indefinitely" I guess that's suddenly okay for some reason?

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

AXE COP posted:

Also the vast majority of those infinite combos involve harder execution and a trickier set-up than just doing a normal 100% combo, but since those don't continue "indefinitely" I guess that's suddenly okay for some reason?

What's suddenly okay?

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

I'm curious as to why, though.

Among other things, it would create a situation where you get rewarded for doing less damage (than you could by spending meter) by being able to make your opponent do a lot less damage (when they combo you). Probably not good for competitive play

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

What's suddenly okay?

Killing people in one combo.

Minijaka
Apr 6, 2006
I'm so original.

Brosnan posted:

Killing people in one combo.

Just think of it as a 33% damage cap, excluding getting your assists caught that is.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

they tried that in tvc and it helped to make tvc horrible.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

What's suddenly okay?

Sorry, that was pretty unclear. I was just wondering why you are objecting to infinite combos that for the most part require great execution (I don't think we've seen more than 2 or 3 completed in a match since it was discovered, have we?) when the game has always had 100% combos.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AXE COP posted:

Sorry, that was pretty unclear. I was just wondering why you are objecting to infinite combos that for the most part require great execution (I don't think we've seen more than 2 or 3 completed in a match since it was discovered, have we?) when the game has always had 100% combos.

For one, most 100% combos end you with less meter than you started with, while these infinites leave you at 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

swamp waste posted:

Among other things, it would create a situation where you get rewarded for doing less damage (than you could by spending meter) by being able to make your opponent do a lot less damage (when they combo you). Probably not good for competitive play

A good, persuasive point. Thank you.

• Locked thread