Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
recently I'm completely unable to download anything in HD from nzb.su (blocknews).

The download will start of at ~500mb (instead of zero), then finish with multiple missing blocks. I've tried everything from days-old content to 1 year + releases, everything in HD finishes the same.

time to switch providers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral

Modern Pragmatist posted:

I'm not sure if this is a troll or not, but this was literally just discussed. Check out this post for the proper configuration options.
Both SAB and SB are pointing to the same directory, so I don't think that's the problem.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Grimmeh posted:

Both SAB and SB are pointing to the same directory, so I don't think that's the problem.

Yeah... No. Take another look at it. You're supposed to download into a temp folder and then have the beard move it from there afterwards.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
Right now I'm launching all of the downloaders one at a time and it's a pain. I'm trying to create a startup script based off the one provided here. This is what I created:

quote:

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
#startup.sh
PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin
PYTHONPATH="/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages" /usr/bin/python2.7 /home/pi/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -b0 -s --daemon 0.0.0:8080
PYTHONPATH="/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages" /usr/bin/python2.7 /home/pi/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8081
PYTHONPATH="/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages" /usr/bin/python2.7 /home/pi/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --daemon
PYTHONPATH="/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages" /usr/bin/python2.7 /home/pi/headphones/Headphones.py --daemon

That works for everything but SABnzbd. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I tried it again and checked the terminal processes. Here's a relevant-looking chunk of what I got:

quote:

2012-07-22 09:17:10,980::INFO::[SABnzbd:1470] Starting web-interface on --daemon:8080
2012-07-22 09:17:10,988::ERROR::[SABnzbd:1485] Failed to start web-interface:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 1476, in main
cherrypy.process.servers.check_port(browserhost, cherryport)
File "/home/pi/sabnzbd/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 228, in check_port
socket.SOCK_STREAM):
gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known
2012-07-22 09:17:11,010::ERROR::[SABnzbd:302] Failed to start web-interface : [Errno -2] Name or service not known
2012-07-22 09:17:11,016::INFO::[__init__:350] SABnzbd shutting down...

Shane-O-Mac fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 22, 2012

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Grimmeh posted:

You don't need to use anything for the TV Download Dir if you're using SAB. All you need to do is:

- Point SB to the folder you keep TV shows, and let it add them.
- Create a new folder, outside of the above dir (c:\SickbeardDL or whatever)
- Tell SAB to save TV shows to that dir, and configure it to run the SABtoSickbeard script after a TV show finishes

greenskeleton
Apr 5, 2003

Shane-O-Mac posted:

That works for everything but SABnzbd. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I tried it again and checked the terminal processes. Here's a relevant-looking chunk of what I got:

I would guess you need to fix the IP, from 0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:
Does everyone just use torrents if they need a whole season of something?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
No. Why would you?

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

greenskeleton posted:

I would guess you need to fix the IP, from 0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0

No dice. I got the same error.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Shane-O-Mac posted:

No dice. I got the same error.

Are you running more than one copy of SABnzbd? I don't really know why you need to specify the ip and port if you aren't as those are the default settings. Try it without that info?

You would need to remove the -s if you are doing that. Also, the -b0 is redundant as --daemon tells it not to start the browser window already.

Diviance fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 22, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

zalmoxes posted:

Does everyone just use torrents if they need a whole season of something?

Nope. I tell Sickbeard to download it.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:
I have a hard time finding shows that have already aired a long time ago on nzb.su or nzbmatrix. Sometimes I'll find an entire pack but downloading 70Gb to only find out it's missing chunks would be too risky.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

zalmoxes posted:

I have a hard time finding shows that have already aired a long time ago on nzb.su or nzbmatrix. Sometimes I'll find an entire pack but downloading 70Gb to only find out it's missing chunks would be too risky.

The thing about entire seasons on NZBMatrix is that each episode is usually packed separately, so if it does fail, you can usually extract most of the episodes manually.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Modern Pragmatist posted:

I'm not going to promise anything, but you MAY be able to edit the config.py file inside the sickbeard folder to do this:

Python code:
naming_ep_type = ("%(seasonnumber)dx%(episodenumber)02d",
                  "s%(seasonnumber)02de%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "S%(seasonnumber)02dE%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "%(seasonnumber)02dx%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "e%(episodenumber02d)")

naming_ep_type_text = ("1x02", "s01e02", "S01E02", "01x02", "e02")
Then restart SickBeard and go to your post-processing tab and switch to the episode only option for "Number Style"

I haven't tried it because my setup works perfectly but you are more than welcome to experiment with it.

I just wanted to thank you again for this because just telling me which file the source I needed to modify was in saved me a lot of time. I plugged in the changes you made without really looking at it. Sickbeard started throwing out errors immediately so I read your change and noticed that one of the closing parentheses was misplaced (see, my degree is good for something :downs: ). I fixed that and now Sickbeard names things exactly how I want it to. It's pretty sweet.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

zalmoxes posted:

Backup providers basically eliminate that, but most are individually rar'd so you'll still get some.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

...! posted:

I just wanted to thank you again for this because just telling me which file the source I needed to modify was in saved me a lot of time. I plugged in the changes you made without really looking at it. Sickbeard started throwing out errors immediately so I read your change and noticed that one of the closing parentheses was misplaced (see, my degree is good for something :downs: ). I fixed that and now Sickbeard names things exactly how I want it to. It's pretty sweet.

Oh good catch. Yeah sorry I didn't really test it out before posting. Glad it worked out for you.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral

EC posted:

You don't need to use anything for the TV Download Dir if you're using SAB. All you need to do is:

- Point SB to the folder you keep TV shows, and let it add them.
- Create a new folder, outside of the above dir (c:\SickbeardDL or whatever)
- Tell SAB to save TV shows to that dir, and configure it to run the SABtoSickbeard script after a TV show finishes
Thanks! I figured out what the problem was. Finder hid the fact that my autoProcessTV.cfg still somehow had the extension .cfg.sample, even after I renamed it. Sneaky.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

EC pointed this out, but I wanted to reiterate this for some of you...

If you're using the sabtosickbeard post-processing script, you should not fill in the TV Download Dir.

The TV Download Dir option causes sickbeard to scan that folder*, à la the way CouchPotato does it. The problem is that if you're using sabtosickbeard, you don't need or want it to scan the folder looking for tv shows because sabtosickbeard tells it when shows are there.

*Except it only does it if "Scan & Process" is checked, otherwise it doesn't do anything at all.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
Just out of interest, what's a good place to go to find out about current and upcoming TV shows? Now that I'm no longer torrenting I find I'm not aware of what's around. Never had satellite/cable and I haven't watched 'television' for about 12 years. Not in the UK now so can't by the Radio Times, which is a shame.

modeski fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 23, 2012

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

modeski posted:

Just out of interest, what's a good place to go to find out about current and upcoming TV shows? Now that I'm no longer torrenting I find I'm not aware of what's around. Never had satellite/cable and I haven't watched 'television' for about 12 years. Not in the UK now so can't by the Radio Times, which is a shame.

The AVClub does a good job of writing up new shows.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

thrawn86 posted:

recently I'm completely unable to download anything in HD from nzb.su (blocknews).

I dont use NZB.su but i havent seen a problem. Does the log of Sab say anything?

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

SlipperyNipple posted:

thrawn86 posted:

I dont use NZB.su but i havent seen a problem. Does the log of Sab say anything?

just error 430 for missing articles. I'm trying brand new ( <5d ) as well as older releases as well.

sabnzbd posted:

SABnzbd says "Out of your server's retention?". What does that mean?

This means the post you're trying to download is not available on the newsserver you're using. This might because the post is older than the your newsserver's retention time (number of days the post will stay on the newsserver, somewhere between 10 and 1000 days), or the specific post has been removed by the server's administrator.
You can see the age of a post in the search engine (like binsearch) you use, and by hovering above the line containing the download while it's being downloaded.

Solution: find a 'younger' post, or find a newsprovider with a longer retention.

If you think it's SABnzbd's fault, you should try to download the same post with another program like Grabit (Windows) or nzbget (Linux) to see if that works.

Misfate
Apr 24, 2012
There is a block plan sale running until July 25th, 2012 at 12PM EST.

http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/blog/2012/07/18/the-ngd-summer-blocktacular-sale/

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

modeski posted:

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Diviance posted:

Are you running more than one copy of SABnzbd? I don't really know why you need to specify the ip and port if you aren't as those are the default settings. Try it without that info?

You would need to remove the -s if you are doing that. Also, the -b0 is redundant as --daemon tells it not to start the browser window already.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had some weird errors but managed to work around them. After I made my last post, all of my SABnzbd settings decided to disappear. I ended up reinstalling SABnzbd, and even then it wouldn't work. I finally got it to work by changing the port to 8085 and running it alone like this:

quote:

python SABnzbd.py --daemon -s 0.0.0:8085

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Anyone else had problems with astraweb payments recently? I got a mail, that they couldn't bill me through paypal because of "no valid funding source". I haven't changed a thing though. Both a credit card and direct debit are linked to that paypal account and I have never had problems before.

greenskeleton
Apr 5, 2003

The original author still maintains http://on-my.tv/, and the asshats originally hosting his code stole it.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

thrawn86 posted:

just error 430 for missing articles. I'm trying brand new ( <5d ) as well as older releases as well.

I would ask you to post up an example of something you tried but being against forum rules Im not sure how you could convey that information. Seems unlikely everything would be missing but also seems unlikely it could be an NZB problem with nzb.su so I dont know.

SlipperyNipple fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 25, 2012

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

elwood posted:

Anyone else had problems with astraweb payments recently? I got a mail, that they couldn't bill me through paypal because of "no valid funding source". I haven't changed a thing though. Both a credit card and direct debit are linked to that paypal account and I have never had problems before.

I just reupped mine for the year and it went through fine. I pay with credit card.

stevesy
Aug 6, 2011

BYAAAAH

Misfate posted:

http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/blog/2012/07/18/the-ngd-summer-blocktacular-sale/

I want to do this, but recently bought a block account for fills from BlockNews. Does anyone know if NG Direct and BlockNews use the same servers? Or would I benefit from a block account from NG direct as well. I am using AstraWeb as my primary server.

Thanks!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

stevesy posted:

I want to do this, but recently bought a block account for fills from BlockNews. Does anyone know if NG Direct and BlockNews use the same servers? Or would I benefit from a block account from NG direct as well. I am using AstraWeb as my primary server.

Thanks!
NGD is Highwinds.
Blocknews is Readnews.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

SlipperyNipple posted:

I would ask you to post up an example of something you tried but being against forum rules Im not sure how you could convey that information. Seems unlikely everything would be missing but also seems unlikely it could be an NZB problem with nzb.su so I dont know.

nzbmatrix is giving me the same errors. I'm down to trying another client at this point.

eames
May 9, 2009

Misfate posted:

I’m toying with the idea of canceling my $9.99 unlimited supernews account to put that money towards a Spotify account because my usenet usage was below 15 GB for the last few months. Unfortunately newsgroupdirect doesn’t accept Paypal.
Are there other block providers out there with comparable prices?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have a question that's probably not THAT complex but I want to make sure I don't throw everything out of wack. I also am not sure exactly where to look.

I have SAB and SICKBEARD. Right now stuff gets downloaded to Incomplete (in my Downloads folder on my mac) then it goes to Completed TV in my downloads folder) Then it's getting moved to my Movies > TV folder on my mac.

What I'd love to do is manually move ALL of that onto a big ol' fat external HDD I just got. So drag and drop it, and then.... change *what* in SAB and Sickbeard configs so it starts doing ALL of that on the external HDD (even the incompleted / completed tv folders, as well as where the final formatted shows show up.)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

eames posted:

I’m toying with the idea of canceling my $9.99 unlimited supernews account to put that money towards a Spotify account because my usenet usage was below 15 GB for the last few months. Unfortunately newsgroupdirect doesn’t accept Paypal.
Are there other block providers out there with comparable prices?
Astraweb has 1000GB for $50 which is pretty much the best non-sale price for blocks.

A lot of providers are still charging ~$50 for 500GB.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

I have a question that's probably not THAT complex but I want to make sure I don't throw everything out of wack. I also am not sure exactly where to look.

I have SAB and SICKBEARD. Right now stuff gets downloaded to Incomplete (in my Downloads folder on my mac) then it goes to Completed TV in my downloads folder) Then it's getting moved to my Movies > TV folder on my mac.

What I'd love to do is manually move ALL of that onto a big ol' fat external HDD I just got. So drag and drop it, and then.... change *what* in SAB and Sickbeard configs so it starts doing ALL of that on the external HDD (even the incompleted / completed tv folders, as well as where the final formatted shows show up.)

Shutdown Sickbeard. Delete the db file, back up the config file. Start Sickbeard, and add your existing shows that are on your new HDD.

In SAB, change the download folder for your Sickbeard/TV Show dir to the new HDD.

I'm 90% sure that's all you need to do.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

Shutdown Sickbeard. Delete the db file, back up the config file. Start Sickbeard, and add your existing shows that are on your new HDD.

In SAB, change the download folder for your Sickbeard/TV Show dir to the new HDD.

I'm 90% sure that's all you need to do.

Ok. So because I'm nervous of loving EVERYTHING up and all that...

let me repeat what you said in the way I understand it:

Shut down SickB. Delete the DB file. Back up the Config file. (to what end? What am I doing with the config file later?) Start SickB. Add your existing shows (you mean via the SickBeard interface? re-add one by one?)

In SAB, change download folder for Sickbeard/TV Show Dir to the new HDD. (what config screen is that on? I didn't see when I looked through ) I assume its the Folders thread, where at the very top I see an non-interactable BASE FOLDER dir. I'm guessing that's what I need to change? How?

Then everything is hunky-dory? :)

[edit] Ok maybe the point is the Default Base folder doesn't change. So it says: Default Base Folder: /Users/BSTAR what do I enter in the paths below to point it to a non-internal volume? (my external HDD)

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

Feenix posted:

Add your existing shows (you mean via the SickBeard interface? re-add one by one?)

when you tell it to add a preexisting show it will scan the default directory and show you all the shows that it sees and allows you to check which ones you want to add -- it will then scan those directories to figure out what episodes you have.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Sorry, meant backup the db file so you could restore it.

As far as adding the shows back, the "Add Existing Shows" option will add them all at one time.

I thought I remembered SAB adding support for non-relative paths, so you could just put G:\ there, but I may be wrong. Otherwise you could to a network path like \\computername\path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok I believe I did everything as specified. I stopped Sickbeard, I deleted the DB file. I backed up the config file (but I didn't remove it from Sickbeard folder..)

I manually moved my entire directory from on my users/Me/Movies/Tv folder to my HDD. I changed SAB to put incomplete and completedTV processing folders onto my external. I turned SB back on. I added existing shows based on path to my new HDD. I went to test snatch a show and it says this:

SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Unable to connect to SAB: socket error

Something isn't talking right between SAB and SB it seems.

Help?

[edit] Don't bother answering I think I sorted it out. Somehow in SB, the path to SAB added http://http:// to the 0.0.0.0:8081 address. I fixed it. :)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 25, 2012