Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
HaxSync does that though it's currently a little buggy on JB and the account randomly disappears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Tunga posted:

HaxSync does that though it's currently a little buggy on JB and the account randomly disappears.

I've never had any issues on JB with HaxSync yet, been using JB since the very first VNex ROMs came out.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
"If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."

godzirraRAWR posted:

So what is the best sports alert/tracking app? I I've tried sports tap and the espn ones, and they're both pretty much crap, at least for me.
They either don't save my favorite teams, or simply never alert me to games/plays/scores.
All I want is an app, I don't care about widgets, that'll tell me of inning/quarter ages, scores, and final score. Is that so freaking hard?

I like sportcaster, though particularly the widget is nice for keeping me up-to-date. There's also Google Now, for that matter.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Got any recommendations for a scratch pad app for sketching or writing notes? I just picked up a Jot Classic from Adonit and I can't wait to take it out for a spin.

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
Request time: Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to post to Facebook, twitter and Google+ at the same time with stuff like pictures being properly included?

Preferably with a widget. I just want to bust out an update and have it go to all of them at once.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

I've never had any issues on JB with HaxSync yet, been using JB since the very first VNex ROMs came out.

It works perfectly except sometimes the HaxSync account just disappears entirely. I've had it happen twice on stock rooted GNex and there are some references to it in the app's reviews.

Edit: Actually the app description now references it too, there's a fix here which involves manually installing the APK or something:
https://www.facebook.com/HaxSync/posts/400095750038501

Tunga fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 22, 2012

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

eviljimmy posted:

Request time: Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to post to Facebook, twitter and Google+ at the same time with stuff like pictures being properly included?

Preferably with a widget. I just want to bust out an update and have it go to all of them at once.

You may want to look into the Scope Beta, though looking at it, it does not appear to have a widget. But something to try out.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Is there a better analog clock widget? Specifically something that can tell time in multiple time zones? I hate having to do all this math...

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

Guilty posted:

I hate having to do all this math...

If you have Jelly Bean, you can ask Google now what time it is in whatever city.

But no, I don't know of any widgets.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
This is most certainly a stretch, but does anyone know of any mono audio apps for Android? My iPhone (and newer Samsung devices) have a built-in accessibility feature that puts both audio channels into one speakerphone/headphone. I'm deaf in one ear so this is really important to me (and one of the main reasons I kept my iPhone so long). All the ones I see on Play are just for bluetooth devices when making calls. The built-in feature worked for anything on the phone, but obviously it's most important for me for the music since listening to one channel sucks.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Guilty posted:

Is there a better analog clock widget? Specifically something that can tell time in multiple time zones? I hate having to do all this math...

First result for "time zone widget"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tm.app.worldClock

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Is using the Google Play Music app in landscape supposed to be the most awkward thing ever?

Even the widget is bad when my phone is in the dock. It's REALLY stretched.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

What's the best, simplest news app? I had one on my Droid X, but it somehow got lost when I got my SGS3 and it's not even listed in my Play account.

The one I had let you choose categories and simply listed headlines from a wide variety of sources.

Most of the ones I see have grid-based layouts with big thumbnails or they don't have the categorical listings.

I tried Google Reader but it didn't seem to do the categorization thing too well, and I'm looking for something where I don't have to subscribe to a hundred different feeds to get what I'm looking for.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

bvoid posted:

This is most certainly a stretch, but does anyone know of any mono audio apps for Android? My iPhone (and newer Samsung devices) have a built-in accessibility feature that puts both audio channels into one speakerphone/headphone. I'm deaf in one ear so this is really important to me (and one of the main reasons I kept my iPhone so long). All the ones I see on Play are just for bluetooth devices when making calls. The built-in feature worked for anything on the phone, but obviously it's most important for me for the music since listening to one channel sucks.

I believe Poweramp has this option. There should be a trial on the Play store you can test out.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

snowman posted:

Instagram question, when it saves the hi-res photos to my phone, some come out as 2048 x 2048, the max res, and some are only 1024 x 1024. It's a galaxy s3, and all the photos were taken on the phone's rear camera at full res, with no difference in crop (just sides or top bottom chopped off to make it square, no cropping in). Does anyone else get this? Is there a fix?

Some of the awful effects will automatically scale your picture down to a smaller resolution.

Karthe posted:

Got any recommendations for a scratch pad app for sketching or writing notes? I just picked up a Jot Classic from Adonit and I can't wait to take it out for a spin.

I too am curious for this. Or something similar to Colors! for the DS/iPhone.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

grack posted:

I believe Poweramp has this option. There should be a trial on the Play store you can test out.

The only mono effect I saw in that app was to change the balance of the channels, not mixing both into one headphone :( I do really like this app though, seems very powerful.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

bvoid posted:

The only mono effect I saw in that app was to change the balance of the channels, not mixing both into one headphone :( I do really like this app though, seems very powerful.

It's in there dude. From the player screen head into the equalizer control screen. From there select "Tone/Vol" on the bottom right. Once you've done that, there should be a "Mono" switch in the top left corner.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

rolleyes posted:

It's in there dude. From the player screen head into the equalizer control screen. From there select "Tone/Vol" on the bottom right. Once you've done that, there should be a "Mono" switch in the top left corner.

Oh I see, I didn't notice it was even clickable, I thought it was just a label. This is perfect! Thanks a lot. I only wish there was a phone-wide option so I could have it for Audiogalaxy as well, but this is fine.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

me your dad posted:

What's the best, simplest news app? I had one on my Droid X, but it somehow got lost when I got my SGS3 and it's not even listed in my Play account.

The one I had let you choose categories and simply listed headlines from a wide variety of sources.

Most of the ones I see have grid-based layouts with big thumbnails or they don't have the categorical listings.

I tried Google Reader but it didn't seem to do the categorization thing too well, and I'm looking for something where I don't have to subscribe to a hundred different feeds to get what I'm looking for.

What you're talking about is the News and Weather widget, a.k.a. GenieWidget.apk.

There are some instructions out there on how to get it loaded on an SG3. I believe you can do it without root.

I actually started using FeedR. The genie widget just scraped Google news for each subject. You can subscribe to rss feeds of each Google news heading. You can also search for a specific term in Google news and then get an RSS feed of the news related to that term which is how the genie let you add your own topics. So I have my FeedR widget set to display the RSS feeds of the World News, Top Stories, Tech News, Science News, Tiabbi Blog and my friend's blog. Since SG3 has weather on the lock screen I haven't missed that part of it.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

dissss posted:

You sure you don't have it set to display the priority inbox?

Yeah, I'm sure. As I said, there are just too many issues with the app

snowman
Aug 20, 2004
due it

bomblol posted:

Some of the awful effects will automatically scale your picture down to a smaller resolution.

Come on, some of them are pretty cool! especially compared to the horrific ones on some of the other apps, like magic hour, littlephoto, snaptastic, pixlr-o-matic, etc.

That is a pretty huge bummer though.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

bvoid posted:

I don't know how widespread it is, but my Galaxy S3 has mono audio built in as an accessibility feature. It can also invert all the colours on the screen. I don't know if these features are part of Touchwiz or ICS, but my old android phone didn't have them.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

NFX posted:

I don't know how widespread it is, but my Galaxy S3 has mono audio built in as an accessibility feature. It can also invert all the colours on the screen. I don't know if these features are part of Touchwiz or ICS, but my old android phone didn't have them.

I did notice that feature on the S3 and Galaxy Tab 2. I assumed it was part of ICS, but sadly learned later that it is a TouchWiz feature. I wish there was a way to flash something to enable it, but there's no info about it anywhere.

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it

calandryll posted:

You may want to look into the Scope Beta, though looking at it, it does not appear to have a widget. But something to try out.

I looked at scope and It doesn't have a widget and doesn't support Google+.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know where I can find the stock Alarm/Timer/Stopwatch/everything app that comes with Gingerbread Sprint Epic 4G? I just flashed CM9 to my Epic and it's fantastic, but I can't seem to find the alarm app from the stock phone. It was really convenient and easy to use.

If this isn't an option, do y'all have a favorite alarm app?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

giogadi posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the stock Alarm/Timer/Stopwatch/everything app that comes with Gingerbread Sprint Epic 4G? I just flashed CM9 to my Epic and it's fantastic, but I can't seem to find the alarm app from the stock phone. It was really convenient and easy to use.

If this isn't an option, do y'all have a favorite alarm app?

I had the same problem when I got my Evo 3D, and settled on Alarm Clock Xtreme, although that didn't take intents from Google Now, so I'm trying Gentle Alarm.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Bobert51 posted:

What you're talking about is the News and Weather widget, a.k.a. GenieWidget.apk.

There are some instructions out there on how to get it loaded on an SG3. I believe you can do it without root.

I actually started using FeedR. The genie widget just scraped Google news for each subject. You can subscribe to rss feeds of each Google news heading. You can also search for a specific term in Google news and then get an RSS feed of the news related to that term which is how the genie let you add your own topics. So I have my FeedR widget set to display the RSS feeds of the World News, Top Stories, Tech News, Science News, Tiabbi Blog and my friend's blog. Since SG3 has weather on the lock screen I haven't missed that part of it.

Cool, thanks!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

So, I plan on getting the Nexus 7 soon and also plan on getting into comics again. What's the recommended comic book reader? I don't even know what features I would want as I've never read a comic on a device before. Free is always nice, but I'm more than willing to pay, since I'll be getting all my comics as :filez:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
That's probably not the best thing to post here.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Boywunda posted:

So, I plan on getting the Nexus 7 soon and also plan on getting into comics again. What's the recommended comic book reader? I don't even know what features I would want as I've never read a comic on a device before. Free is always nice, but I'm more than willing to pay, since I'll be getting all my comics as :filez:
You should pay for your comics. comiXology and Dark Horse have great apps and since the N7 is too small for full page reading, you'd like their per-panel reading modes.

However, if you want to read your stolen CBR files you can grab Perfect Viewer or Komik.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
ComicRack is a really good comic reader and it can do wireless syncing with your PC if you pay for pro and have the program on your computer.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Does anyone have experience with Popup Notifier Plus? I'm trying to somewhat replicate the iOS notification experience. Key points would be:

1. Displaying incoming Google Talk messsages/emails on the lock screen.

2. Having the screen briefly turn on when a notification pops up, so that I can just glance at the phone on my desk without having to pick it up and fiddle with it.

3. Compatibility with a Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean.

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

Thoom posted:

Does anyone have experience with Popup Notifier Plus? I'm trying to somewhat replicate the iOS notification experience. Key points would be:

1. Displaying incoming Google Talk messsages/emails on the lock screen.

2. Having the screen briefly turn on when a notification pops up, so that I can just glance at the phone on my desk without having to pick it up and fiddle with it.

3. Compatibility with a Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean.

First off, all I have to say is that is an obnoxious way to display notifications, but to each his own.

It does look like he has a free version though which you could try before buy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...XRpb25zbGl0ZSJd

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

bomblol posted:

I too am curious for this. Or something similar to Colors! for the DS/iPhone.

Has anyone managed to package S Memo as a standalone APK? Because that'd probably fit the bill.

Syrinxx posted:

comiXology and Dark Horse have great apps and since the N7 is too small for full page reading, you'd like their per-panel reading modes.

Per-panel is really irritating to a lot of people, but that's okay because the N7 isn't too small for everyone for full page reading. Boywunda, just try all the comic apps, they're all free or have a free version. Even the big corporate ones like the Dark Horse app have free stuff that you can try it out with.

On the other hand, I do recommend against JJComics Reader because every time you start the app, open a file, or rotate the screen (and there's no rotation lock), there's a nag to pay for it even if you've already paid for it (seriously, the button options are "Donate!" "Not Now" and "Not Again").

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 23, 2012

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

More comic reader talk: If you have ICS or JB with onscreen buttons, you might want to check out ComicRack as it's pretty much the only reader I've seen that dims the system bar during reading. If you're annoyed by the buttons or just worried about screen burn-in, this might be the best choice for comic reading.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

http://www.slashgear.com/unbelievably-high-android-piracy-forced-free-app-decision-says-game-dev-23239758/

Looks like the developer of Dead Trigger made the app free and blames piracy for it.

In his words:

"Regarding price drop. HERE is our statement. The main reason: piracy rate on Android devices, that was unbelievably high. At first we intend to make this game available for as many people as possible – that’s why it was for as little as buck. – It was much less than 8$ for SHADOWGUN but on the other hand we didn’t dare to provide it for free, since we hadn’t got XP with free-to-play format so far. – However, even for one buck, the piracy rate is soooo giant, that we finally decided to provide DEAD TRIGGER for free. Anyway – DEAD TRIGGER is not FREEMIUM, it always was and still remains FREE-TO-PLAY, that means, all players are able to play it without IAP! We stand up for this statement, because all members of our team are playing (and enjoying) DEAD TRIGGER without IAP” Madfinger Games"

Now Slash Gear is claiming that this will harm Android and their own research backs it up that Android users are pirates.

Honestly, this all stinks of lies. The game apparently DOES have IAP to get more items or money. It also sounds like they want some advertising.

jakeledel
Jul 17, 2003

godzirraRAWR posted:

So what is the best sports alert/tracking app? I I've tried sports tap and the espn ones, and they're both pretty much crap, at least for me.
They either don't save my favorite teams, or simply never alert me to games/plays/scores.
All I want is an app, I don't care about widgets, that'll tell me of inning/quarter ages, scores, and final score. Is that so freaking hard?

I've gone through a bunch of these apps and I like Yahoo! Sportacular.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protrade.sportacular&hl=en

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

You should pay for your comics. comiXology and Dark Horse have great apps and since the N7 is too small for full page reading, you'd like their per-panel reading modes.

I read my books in smallest font, so as long as I can fit page to screen, I'm fine with the smaller print, so I think the N7 will be just fine. In regards to my "stolen files", *most* everyone does it, so I'm not ashamed of it.

Splizwarf posted:

Per-panel is really irritating to a lot of people, but that's okay because the N7 isn't too small for everyone for full page reading. Boywunda, just try all the comic apps, they're all free or have a free version. Even the big corporate ones like the Dark Horse app have free stuff that you can try it out with.

I tried PerfectViewer on my phone. I like the fact that I can change my touch screen options. Obviously, the form factor of my phone isn't ideal, so I'll wait until I get my N7 to actually read. I'll try a couple others out as I'm curious if any have vertical scrolling features. Not that I will end up using it, but I do want to try it and see if I like it. Thanks for the suggestions

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

Boywunda posted:

I read my books in smallest font, so as long as I can fit page to screen, I'm fine with the smaller print, so I think the N7 will be just fine. In regards to my "stolen files", *most* everyone does it, so I'm not ashamed of it.

That's cool and all, I guess, but if you keep posting about it you're probably going to get banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

ThermoPhysical posted:

http://www.slashgear.com/unbelievably-high-android-piracy-forced-free-app-decision-says-game-dev-23239758/

Looks like the developer of Dead Trigger made the app free and blames piracy for it.

In his words:

"Regarding price drop. HERE is our statement. The main reason: piracy rate on Android devices, that was unbelievably high. At first we intend to make this game available for as many people as possible – that’s why it was for as little as buck. – It was much less than 8$ for SHADOWGUN but on the other hand we didn’t dare to provide it for free, since we hadn’t got XP with free-to-play format so far. – However, even for one buck, the piracy rate is soooo giant, that we finally decided to provide DEAD TRIGGER for free. Anyway – DEAD TRIGGER is not FREEMIUM, it always was and still remains FREE-TO-PLAY, that means, all players are able to play it without IAP! We stand up for this statement, because all members of our team are playing (and enjoying) DEAD TRIGGER without IAP” Madfinger Games"

Now Slash Gear is claiming that this will harm Android and their own research backs it up that Android users are pirates.

Honestly, this all stinks of lies. The game apparently DOES have IAP to get more items or money. It also sounds like they want some advertising.

At first I was incredulous about this, but on further reflection I'm thinking that maybe they didn't communicate very well.

I mean...who cares if people pirate it? How does making it free get you more money?

However, I think the important part they left out is that there are direct costs to them with each install. I'm not familiar with whether their game has some sort of server component that they maintain, but I'm sure there are support costs involved. Returning emails from people who pirated the game and can't get it to work costs money with no return on investment.

• Locked thread