Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

I woudn't say he GOADS him particularly - Goldthwait says earlier in the interview that he doesn't really like going on shows just to talk about his feud with Mohr, but he does on CBB because of the way it comes up. In fact isn't it HIM that brings it up by talking about some other podcast he went on where that was the first thing they asked him?

And yeah, I loving LOVE PFT as Mr Marshall ("Please, call me Garry!").

I loved that ep because it let Bobcat be himself without any preconceived notion of "how he should act" and his stories about his dad were amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

indigi posted:

Jerrod seemed to really get into the flow of things by the end there, hopefully he starts popping up on other podcasts.

Didn't take long for that wish to come true! He's on today's You Made It Weird :)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Politicalrancor posted:

I haven't liked andy kindler since he blocked me on twitter/was lame

Kindler loving owns and now I wanna know what you did to make him block you.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Listened to ep 60 today, the first episode of Marissa Wompler. It's pretty awesome, Brendon Walsh is great, Donald Glover is great, Marissa is great (but there is no Womping it Up as it hadn't started yet).

I've been trying to find the first iteration of "What's Up Hot Dog?" and I can't pinpoint it, I think mainly cuz my Comedy Death Ray files aren't all named correctly (they weren't numbered then). Anyone know if there's one pre episode 70?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Wrong podcast! It originated on season 6 or so of Never Not Funny, as best I know, as a Scott anecdote about a trip to a convenience store.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

GraPar posted:

But seriously, we met under a bridge.

Another recent good one that only got one post about it here at the time is Bobcat Goldthwait/PFT as Garry Marhsall - interesting interview (where Scott basically goads Bobcat into calling out Jay Mohr) and at one point Scott refers to Garry as Paul, which is always a treat.

I just re-listened to both of those and they were awesomely good. Don't stop or we'll die is great, I love it when any of them are on the show.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SKULE123 posted:

Wrong podcast! It originated on season 6 or so of Never Not Funny, as best I know, as a Scott anecdote about a trip to a convenience store.
It was pretty surreal to listen to this episode long after he'd been using "What's up hotdog" on CBB. Secret origins!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

SKULE123 posted:

I knew the origin story was on Never Not Funny (and it's a great story), I was just looking for the first time he actually used it to open CDR/CBB

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I tend to listen to podcasts as I go to bed, so I'm still only about 1/2 way through the newest CBB... is the Wompler podcast they talk about at the beginning a real thing that's happening or just a gag? Because that would be the best thing, especially if Lennon was heavily involved.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The pHo posted:

I tend to listen to podcasts as I go to bed, so I'm still only about 1/2 way through the newest CBB... is the Wompler podcast they talk about at the beginning a real thing that's happening or just a gag? Because that would be the best thing, especially if Lennon was heavily involved.

I want it to be real so bad but I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I want it to be real so bad but I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

I assumed it was gonna be an Earwolf Presents one-off.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Davedave24 posted:

I assumed it was gonna be an Earwolf Presents one-off.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
God knows Lissler and Wompler have all the time in the world now that their TV show is dead and buried. (:()

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Marissa Wompler but I dunno how funny she'd be without Scott to bounce off of.

I miss Little Gary and Bill Cosby Bukowski :(

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

You know what would be a great ep? Whompler, Miss Listler and Bob Ducca.

Yeah I miss Little Gary too. And Huell Howser. A lot of the people who were on all the time early in the show like Tom Lennon, Seth Morris, Nick Kroll and James Adomian are never on anymore. I would imagine it's because there's lots more people wanting to do the show now so Aukerman doesn't have to rely on the same handful of people, but it'd be nice if they were on every once in a while.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
James Adomian moved to New York, so there's that.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I think Seth Morris burnt himself out doing that daily ducca-cast, Kroll got his own Comedy Central show, Adomian as mentioned moved to NYC, and Lennon seems to have gotten a lot more work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PayRJfUvK3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuuHEe3M1Zs

Jon Daly is doing this: http://jondalyisjohndaly.com/

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I really hope Tom Lennon's character in the Batman movie is a gynecologist who's just filling in for some other doctor.

Also holy crap I had no idea Nick Kroll got his own show. That's awesome.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Huell Howser was just on the TV show, and I believe Bob Ducca is supposed to be on this week.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

FitFortDanga posted:

I miss Little Gary and Bill Cosby Bukowski :(

Oh God, I miss Bill Cosby Bukowski so bad. Who's the Most Fuckable Huxtable? makes me stop breathing every time I hear it, that's how hard I laugh. I think it's "Shake ya poo poo around" that triggers it.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Maarak posted:

I think Seth Morris burnt himself out doing that daily ducca-cast, Kroll got his own Comedy Central show, Adomian as mentioned moved to NYC, and Lennon seems to have gotten a lot more work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PayRJfUvK3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuuHEe3M1Zs

Jon Daly is doing this: http://jondalyisjohndaly.com/

GRIP IT AN RIIIPP ITTTT

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Oh, I just remembered that Seth Morris also works at Funny or Die, which is why they had that awkward episode with Ed Helms as a character because Seth only had so much time to record.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I was listening to episode 90 and at the very end to play the show out they play this instrumental song with Scott making references to "The Duke". Does anyone know what song this is? I've tried looking up "The Duke" but I've come up empty.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Beeez posted:

I was listening to episode 90 and at the very end to play the show out they play this instrumental song with Scott making references to "The Duke". Does anyone know what song this is? I've tried looking up "The Duke" but I've come up empty.

It's "The Duke" by The Reigning Monarchs, Greg Behrendt's band.

http://music.thereigningmonarchs.com/track/the-duke

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tijuana Snake Fight is one of my favorite songs in the entire world

Beeez
May 28, 2012

FitFortDanga posted:

It's "The Duke" by The Reigning Monarchs, Greg Behrendt's band.

http://music.thereigningmonarchs.com/track/the-duke

Thanks a lot. The "He's Just Not That Into You" fad bugged me but this song is pretty cool.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Haha! My plugs theme got used!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Beeez posted:

Thanks a lot. The "He's Just Not That Into You" fad bugged me but this song is pretty cool.

If you're not listening to Walking the Room, you should be.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I never knew Bjork took over as the head of the Catholic Church. The more you know I guess.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Is anyone else sad that the Mr. Blow podcast was a failure? I loved those sketches. :(

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Auritech posted:

Is anyone else sad that the Mr. Blow podcast was a failure? I loved those sketches. :(

This is the first I've heard of it. Did they actually release any episodes?

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

bobservo posted:

This is the first I've heard of it. Did they actually release any episodes?

No, Bob Odenkirk says on today's CBB that no one was really into doing it and the conversations meandered way too much, so basically all we'll ever hear of it are the three sketches on the episode.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I loved the 2nd and 3rd skits, especially the mock of This American Life style of the 2nd one.

I was hoping for Bjork, but she is probably best reserved to be with someone who rolls with the punches like Schwartz.

soggybagel posted:

Haha! My plugs theme got used!

Good work! But now it's all over, we know your name.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Auritech posted:

No, Bob Odenkirk says on today's CBB that no one was really into doing it and the conversations meandered way too much, so basically all we'll ever hear of it are the three sketches on the episode.

I actually really liked those sketches, and they kind of reminded me of SuperEgo in a way. If they just wanted to do a show of just skits, and release them every month or so, I'd really be on board.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Eltoasto posted:

Good work! But now it's all over, we know your name.

That's fine. I'm not hiding from anyone.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Congratulations! You're famous for the week, but just this week.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I was hoping for Bjork, but she is probably best reserved to be with someone who rolls with the punches like Schwartz.

I think we'd all prefer the much more talented Ice Ben Schwartz.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Mr. Squishy posted:

Congratulations! You're famous for the week, but just this week.

I can't wait for this week to be over so we can be free from his tyranny.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Bob was so uncomfortable, it was great. Especially when Besser suggested he jerks off and then throws his semen inside his wife's pussy.

Besser is an incredible improviser. He is never heard stalling or stammering, and his wit is just so fast and so sharp. Except "pulled Bjork sandwich".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I thought the funniest part is when Scott was like "[do you put your cum] into your mouth?" and Bob and Matt both got so flustered like they did NOT expect that joke even though everything was so disgusting and off-color already