Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

GD_American posted:

SDCC stuff up on Hasbrotoyshop.com.

GI Joe and TF exclusives sold out. Star Wars and Shield Helicarrier still in stock.

Star Wars just sold out. This is some Matty Level ammount of bullshit going on. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives

for anyone leaning on F5 today

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Agh I really want the Psylocke in the X-Force 3 pack but don't want to pay $50 for her. If any of you for some reason get that pack and don't want/need her, I'll gladly take her off your hands.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Do they ever repost these?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I will be mine, oh yes, It will be mine. And according to BBTS.com- "This item will comes with all heads shown so that you can display as you'd like, or buy more than one to display in multiple versions."

It's supposed to be out this upcoming January.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Holy poo poo, it's the perfect Venom figure. I've waited like 20 years for this.

Seriously every Venom figure made up to now fucks up the head somehow - the eyes are looking straight up, or the teeth are all hosed, or the tongue is retardedly long, or some other really stupid mistake. And it looks like this figure finally, finally, got it right.

Who's making it, and what's the expected MSRP?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Marvel Select is the toy maker and MSRP is $21.99.

I just picked up thier Amazing Spider-Man figure and it is cool as well.

But yeah I totally agree, this looks like the best version of Venom made EVER.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm not big on the mega-long lower jaw on the "tongue" head in the upper-right, but the "grinning" head is perfect. Even the multi-head head looks pretty cool. God if Marvel Select somehow drops the ball on this I will be pissed.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have the Marvel Legends Venom and to me, it is the perfect figure. Dirty and disgusting, really big and excellent paint job altho it has the long tongue you don't like. The above looks great tho and ill prob snag it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

I have the Marvel Legends Venom and to me, it is the perfect figure. Dirty and disgusting, really big and excellent paint job altho it has the long tongue you don't like. The above looks great tho and ill prob snag it.

It's more the retarded lower jaw projecting out into space, really.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Would anyone be interested in buying a playmates Simpsons collection? I have almost the whole series.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 6, 2014

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

You should only sell Hans if he agrees to let the UPS guy hurl the package at his groin and film it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Mattycollector is playing hardball now, threatening fans to purchase 2013 DC 6", Watchmen 6", and MOTUC subscriptions by saying they might not offer ANY figures (or extremely limited quantities) on the day of sale.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/2013-mattycollector-subscriptions-update

As a cherry-picking collector who is looking forward to that Wally West Flash and not much else, this is a new low for them. I wish Matty would just offer preorders of every upcoming figure and either release them or not release them based on preorders, rather than dangling this expensive subscription where you don't know what you're getting and might not want every figure.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I can't stand the guilt trip poo poo they pull on their own consumers. Either figure out how to pay for the line, scale it back, or cancel it. Don't hang it around the neck of the people you're supposed to be trying to sell it to. If it fails, it's because of Mattel, not because of people that don't want to pre-order a years worth of poo poo that they aren't even told about up front.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They pretty much did the same thing last year. All the subs will go through but there will be a price increase again next year. So goes Matty.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I wish Matty would just offer preorders of every upcoming figure and either release them or not release them based on preorders, rather than dangling this expensive subscription where you don't know what you're getting and might not want every figure.

That's a great idea. Why aren't they doing this? It pisses me off that I'm going to probably have to sell a kidney to get the Poison Ivy figure because I didn't give two shits about all of the other figures that were coming out. :argh: Matty angers me so much.

I had a shelf of DCUC figures and I took it down recently because I knew I wasn't going to be adding to the collection much at all. I was able to score a Michael Caine/Alfred figure which I was pretty happy about, but the shelf now houses my Lego stuff, so oh well. :rolleyes:

Matty just seriously hates their fanbase. I've NEVER seen those drat figure stands for sale except once about 2 years ago. I resorted to casting my own and creating one from resin. A piece of plastic that a factory can produce a million of in like, 20 minutes shouldn't be a rarity.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nilryna posted:

That's a great idea. Why aren't they doing this? It pisses me off that I'm going to probably have to sell a kidney to get the Poison Ivy figure because I didn't give two shits about all of the other figures that were coming out. :argh: Matty angers me so much.

I had a shelf of DCUC figures and I took it down recently because I knew I wasn't going to be adding to the collection much at all. I was able to score a Michael Caine/Alfred figure which I was pretty happy about, but the shelf now houses my Lego stuff, so oh well. :rolleyes:

Matty just seriously hates their fanbase. I've NEVER seen those drat figure stands for sale except once about 2 years ago. I resorted to casting my own and creating one from resin. A piece of plastic that a factory can produce a million of in like, 20 minutes shouldn't be a rarity.

The stands have always looked like a :downs: face. I feel it perfectly symbolizes how the service is run. :colbert:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Beanpants posted:

I can't stand the guilt trip poo poo they pull on their own consumers. Either figure out how to pay for the line, scale it back, or cancel it. Don't hang it around the neck of the people you're supposed to be trying to sell it to. If it fails, it's because of Mattel, not because of people that don't want to pre-order a years worth of poo poo that they aren't even told about up front.
I got a Gears of War 2 Kantus figure and a Dark Knight Rises Catwoman figure on the same day at a local TRU.

Guess which one cost more, and was smaller, had less detail, worse articulation, and fewer accessories?

Really there's no excuse for Mattel's business practices.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Just got my NECA SDCC Cloaked Predator City Hunter today from a friend. Thanks Dom!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

How much do the GI Joes retail for? $10? $15? I know they have equal-to-better articulation than anything Matty makes and a shitton more accessories than the average DCUC (which would be 0 accessories). I just got Starman and Rocket Red today, and they're standard DCUC fare, but they couldn't even put a loving Legion ring hand on Starman and Rocket Red looks more like Atom Smasher in a helmet than a normal sized guy in a big suit. These are not worth $15 and $30, let alone a price bump.

I'm already finishing out Doom Patrol and Metal Men with this year's sub (Chief and Will Magnus would be nice but non-essential), and as much as I'd love more Freedom Fighters or Mallah, even knowing he's just Grodd with a new head, I wouldn't be terribly upset if the line goes kaput. Anymore my loyalty is to the Four Horsemen, and they're talented enough to find work elsewhere (or get some bigger backers for their personal stuff).

The only other companies I've personally experienced that treat their consumers like such poo poo are video game publishers; I guess Mattel looked at EA and said, "Yes, that's what we should be doing."

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 20, 2012

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just hope that they kill the Ghostbusters line permanently after the November release. I literally loathe this company and want to be done with this line.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Beanpants posted:

loving this. You will not hold my wallet hostage for mediocre toys of obscure characters. Their toy subscription model is the most awful thing in buying toys right now, and they are entrenching themselves even MORE into it? Pleaaaase.

Die in a fire matty :smug:

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 21, 2012

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Xenomrph posted:

Holy poo poo, it's the perfect Venom figure. I've waited like 20 years for this.

I had the same reaction when I saw it. I was so happy to see a well made Venom figure with the McFarlane-like closed teeth head.

That's enough right there. I've hated almost all Venom figures over the years.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ShimSham posted:

I had the same reaction when I saw it. I was so happy to see a well made Venom figure with the McFarlane-like closed teeth head.

That's enough right there. I've hated almost all Venom figures over the years.
The 3.75" one they did with the Spider-Man line recently is pretty good, if you like that scale.

He even came in "tongue" and "no tongue" variants, which was pretty great. I really dug the Carnage figure they did at that scale for the same line, too.

Of course when they did a 3.75" Venom figure for the 'Amazing Spider-Man' movie tie-in line, they hosed it up (again) :

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 23, 2012

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Xenomrph posted:

The 3.75" one they did with the Spider-Man line recently is pretty good, if you like that scale.

He even came in "tongue" and "no tongue" variants, which was pretty great. I really dug the Carnage figure they did at that scale for the same line, too.

That's not bad at all, I probably just never noticed it because of the scale, that and I cherry pick.

My favorite Venom for pure nostalgia was the early 90s talking Venom that would say things like "I'll eat your brains." Which the direction of Venom I hate, but as a little kid I thought it was the best.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

A while back I made a 3.75" custom out of the (somewhat hard to find) Stretch Strike Venom from that same Spider-man line. I think he turned out pretty well.

The original came with a grey color with silvery purple highlights (what the gently caress?) and weird eye sockets which I had to sculpt over. That aside, I think this sculpt is the best Venom I've seen in a while, at least in this scale.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That reminds me, are any of you guys handy at doing customs at the Marvel Legends scale? I'd be all for commissioning someone for a couple projects, I could even potentially provide some base bodies. This would all be theorycrafting right now - I'm unemployed so I can't exactly afford to go spending money willy-nilly. :( But when I'm employed again I'd have no problem paying someone for their work. :)

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Has anyone had any luck finding the 6" Avengers wal-mart exclusive figures? I have three by me and every single one of them have empty shelves. I really want the Hulk, but it seems like I will never find one.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Jace Madan posted:

Has anyone had any luck finding the 6" Avengers wal-mart exclusive figures? I have three by me and every single one of them have empty shelves. I really want the Hulk, but it seems like I will never find one.

There is a Walmart by me that has them, I can check tomorrow to see if the Hulk is there if you want.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I didn't think they were doing a Hulk in the 6" scale.

Anyway my local Wal-Mart has about 10 each of Iron Man and Captain America (and a bunch of Thor), and once in a while I've seen a Loki.

What sucks is the Iron Man is just a repaint of the 6" Mk VI Iron Man from the Iron Man 2 line, it's not the Mk VII seen in 'The Avengers'.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

DrChud posted:

There is a Walmart by me that has them, I can check tomorrow to see if the Hulk is there if you want.

No, that's ok, I'll still see if I can find him on my own. Thanks for the offer though!:)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I've seen everything but the Hulk and Hawkeye.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I've purchased a full set and a second Hawkeye and Hulk for friends, but I have seen a new case in almost a month. All thats left at my local Walmarts are Cap/Iron Man/Thor.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mattel to MOTUC fans: "Buy our sub or it'll be $30-35 a piece."

gently caress you, Toyguru.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's loving ridiculous.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
"Well we've ran the numbers guys, and with the amount of subscriptions we currently have, the 2012 line will be a broken Stinkor figure at $500 dollars. Make sure to sign up now, as we will have almost NO stock online!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

That's some bullshit.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

"Well we've ran the numbers guys, and with the amount of subscriptions we currently have, the 2012 line will be a broken Stinkor figure at $500 dollars. Make sure to sign up now, as we will have almost NO stock online!"

You could say that was a direct quote and I'd believe you. Matty has no regard for their customers.