Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
star wraps sypeager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
oh man they must have been waiting for jeri ryan to rape a dude and say "resistance is futile" for so long

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
ugh, gently caress off bro team

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Inverse Icarus posted:

oh man they must have been waiting for jeri ryan to rape a dude and say "resistance is futile" for so long
please tell me ur joke posting holy poo poo

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Amethyst posted:

ugh, gently caress off bro team

that one is actually good, though

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
star trek goes to the movies was p good

they picked a couple of the least-bad S1 eps, imo, and seeing the extra materials was cool

didn't realize that the S1 blurays come out tomorrow. great marketing move guys!

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

is

is andy dick

is

no

no.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

yep that's andy dick

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

i'm going to switch to falling skies now

like swapping a plate of poo poo for a bowl of vomit

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ᴅᴇʜᴜᴍᴀɴɪᴢᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏʏᴀɢᴇʀ

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

overdesigned posted:

star trek goes to the movies was p good

they picked a couple of the least-bad S1 eps, imo, and seeing the extra materials was cool

didn't realize that the S1 blurays come out tomorrow. great marketing move guys!

I thought about it, then I imagined what kind of insufferable nerds would show up to see TNG in the theater and then your post confirmed it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PipeRifle posted:

Stop posting about voyager

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

duTrieux. posted:

ᴅᴇʜᴜᴍᴀɴɪᴢᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏʏᴀɢᴇʀ

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mind Spew posted:

all of bsg was good till the last season

nah there were some real stinkers in third season

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
got a lot of travel coming up and loading up the phone with books for the road, comments and criticism on the following appreciated

china mieville - embassytown, kraken, the city and the city

iain banks - matter, surface detail

I like the mieville that I've read (the new crobuzon books) and for the most part I like banks' culture novels but some of them not as much as others

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

inverse icarus you put yourself through so much pain to watch that shitshow and it's the only good episode in the entire loving programme that turns you off to it?

that's just foolsplay

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
I saw some voyager a while ago. I hated neelix. That was mostly my takeaway. Also Jeri Ryan was hot.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Ronald Raiden posted:

I saw some voyager a while ago. I hated neelix. That was mostly my takeaway. Also Jeri Ryan was hot.

jeri ryan is ludicrous, she's constantly pushing out her chest and making dumb faces

also the borg made sure she had heels

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

FEMA summer camp posted:

inverse icarus you put yourself through so much pain to watch that shitshow and it's the only good episode in the entire loving programme that turns you off to it?

that's just foolsplay

are you talking about year of hell or something else

year of hell was good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
jeri ryan is why obungler muslin is president

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph posted:

jeri ryan is why obungler muslin is president
assimilated McCain's boner.

Lol that made me think of those awful photos from D&D that someone dug up :o

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

nah there were some real stinkers in third season

it was still good overall though

season 4 was the opposite

there were some really loving cool scenes but overall it was horrible

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Inverse Icarus posted:

are you talking about year of hell or something else

year of hell was good

no that one was tolerable

'message in a bottle' starring Sir. Andy Dick is the only good episode of voyager

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

FEMA summer camp posted:

no that one was tolerable

'message in a bottle' starring Sir. Andy Dick is the only good episode of voyager

nope.

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

welp the exposure to the modulated voyager particle field has effected your quantum-synaptic neuro-mass now

(i'm trying to tell you voyager has given you the brain damage in a way you'll maybe understand)

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

you are failing

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Inverse Icarus posted:

you are failing

good, now say this into a mirror

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

you're a willing viewer of and apologist for voyager

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i watched voyager

when i was a child and didn't know of better things

e.g. it was on the tail end of reading through crichton

... i got better

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the only good episode of voyager was the one where seven of nine wrestled the rock

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Stymie posted:

the only good episode of voyager was the one where seven of nine wrestled the rock

SPOILERTAGS

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
the holographic cardassian doctor is a nazi but the regular holographic doctor is appaled by his ethics and figures out a way to be kinder to their holographic patient animal

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
the nebula is actually alive so they take one of the channels of matter that are its 'blood vessels' over to the site they hurt it and use magick space beams as a "suture" after everyone pretends they've never heard the word before

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I don't get the hate for Voyager. the reset button stuff is annoying, and Neelix is terrible, but it's Spergs in Space.

it would have been better if it had been canceled suddenly and they never made it back to Earth.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

axolotl farmer posted:

it would have been better if it had been canceled suddenly and they never made it back to Earth.

JANEWAY DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HER HOME PLANET

regularizer
Mar 5, 2012

Internaut! posted:

got a lot of travel coming up and loading up the phone with books for the road, comments and criticism on the following appreciated

china mieville - embassytown, kraken, the city and the city

iain banks - matter, surface detail

I like the mieville that I've read (the new crobuzon books) and for the most part I like banks' culture novels but some of them not as much as others

I can't comment on banks because i don't think I've ever read anything by him but imo of the three mieville books the order is kraken>embassytown>tc&c. A lot of people hate on kraken but I liked it, it has a very gaiman-esque urban fantasy feel and has a lot in common with Neverwhwere. Parts of it, like everything related to the star trek guy, are kind of weird and just seem like fan service, but overall the book works. Embassytown was really good too, it had a lot of good ideas and interesting characters, but I don't think it was as fun as kraken. Tc&c just sucked though and was hard to get through even though most people in the mieville thread in the book barn have a nerdboner for it. If it had been more sci-fi then maybe the idea of two wholly overlapping cities where the citizens of one aren't allowed to recognize any aspect of the other would have worked better, but as it is I was just annoyed the whole time.

None of his other books are as good as the worst new crobuzon book though.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

regularizer posted:

the worst new crobuzon book
that would be Iron Council

Banks is probably better for travel just because his books are longer. Of those two I probably prefer Matter, Surface Detail had the flaw of focusing way too much on the less interesting part of the story.

qirex fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 24, 2012

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

i need a new avatar

pondering a voyager one to commemorate this heroic effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

gooby on rails posted:

JANEWAY DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HER HOME PLANET

YES!

• Locked thread