Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Midorka posted:

Was it hard for you to get bottles of it? I can still buy XV on the shelf around here and if it were ever on tap I'm pretty sure it would stay on-tap for a while here. Firestone Walker does not get the love it deserves here.

Speaking of that, they are tapping Parabola at a local bar tomorrow, I can't wait to try it on tap.

Echoing this. There are literally unopened cases of XV at the store I frequent. I love that FW isn't highly sought after in this area (yet) Also Parabola is amazing on draft, that's the only time I've had it. Saving a bottle from this year for a good day to open up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Gonna be staying in Cherry Hill NJ this weekend, anyone have bottle shop recommendations? Looking for sleeper suggestions outside of Philly. As much as I love Philly, it's so wildly expensive that I rarely buy bottles there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I could have gotten bottles, but decided to pass because we were trying save money at the time and $25 for a single bottle seemed excessive. I haven't seen one in months, though, so either Colorado just didn't get as much or people out here LOVE them some Firestone. I've seen Parabola and Sucaba around a bit still at places that don't tend to draw a craft beer crowd but Anniversary appears long gone.

I'm sure XVI will be equally awesome, I'll probably splurge on that when it comes around.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Midorka posted:

Was it hard for you to get bottles of it? I can still buy XV on the shelf around here and if it were ever on tap I'm pretty sure it would stay on-tap for a while here. Firestone Walker does not get the love it deserves here.

Speaking of that, they are tapping Parabola at a local bar tomorrow, I can't wait to try it on tap.

Midorka, were you the person who said that XIV is still around in your area?

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

cryme posted:

Gonna be staying in Cherry Hill NJ this weekend, anyone have bottle shop recommendations? Looking for sleeper suggestions outside of Philly. As much as I love Philly, it's so wildly expensive that I rarely buy bottles there.

Depends on how far you want to travel, but Total Wine in Cherry Hill is okay, I don't like it at all though the employees are assholes and look down on beer drinkers, plus they don't have anything rare that I've seen. The only plus is that they have some insanely good prices like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for $6.99 for a 6 pack.

On Route 70 there is Wine Works which has an awesome selection, especially if you want to find British, Italian, and even Spanish craft beers. I've found all sorts of goodies here and if you talk to the beer manager Bruce he may have something stashed away in the back. Last time I was here I found a few JW Lees Harvest Ale's from 2009 and a 2008 Pannepot Reserva. Going east on Route 70 from there as soon as you go under the overpass on your right is a Canals which has a small selection, but you can find 120 Minute, Pepe Nero, and other misc things. It's not huge but it's worth checking out.

If you leave there and go north on Route 73 (the road that intersects with Route 70, then there's another Canal's 2 seconds down the road on your left, you have to use the jughandle at the first light though. They have a decent selection of stuff as well and since it's next two Wine Works and the other small Canals it's worth checking out.

If you want to go a bit further you can go down Route 73 South to the Berlin Canals which is the one I frequent, pretty standard selection if you're looking for any beer in particular I'll check for you tonight.

If you want to go a bit further then you can check out Roger Wilco on Cross Keys Road. Cross Keys is right before the Berlin Canals, you'll see a Shop Rite plaza on the right after Walmart after the light at the Shop Rite the lane opens to three lanes and the one on the right takes you to Cross Keys Road if you just drive straight. Go straight down that for about 5-15 minute depending on traffic, cross over the AC Expressway (I think that's what it is), and it will be in a small plaza on your right. There's a good selection here as well.

Wine Works, and the two Canals in conjunction with the Total Wine will fill almost all of your needs though.

danbanana posted:

Midorka, were you the person who said that XIV is still around in your area?

Yeah, but I spoke too soon. I went there and they had 4-5 of 2011 XIV, Parabola, and Abacus then I bragged about it and went back a month later, all was gone. Foot in mouth. =/

@docjowles, I have 3 XV, I could trade one if you wanted to.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 25, 2012

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just moved back to hometown of LA after living in the Midwest for 3 years and was wondering what are good local beers to try out in the area? I would often drink a mix of 3 Floyds, Bells, New Holland, Gooose Island, etc during the year and had just started really liking 5 Rabbit. I want to drink more summer wheat ales like Oberon and am up for any recommendations in the LA downtown and Pasadena environs.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Tried to go to a tapping of Firestone XV last night. The bar literally cannot be reached by car right now, the whole area is under construction and looks like a war zone.

...the keg blew in 12 minutes, before I even got in the door. Apparently I am not hardcore enough for this beer stuff :ohdear:

On the bright side, they had both Boulevard Saison Brett and North Coast Pranqster on, neither of which I'd had before. Both are pretty outstanding.
You live in the Denver area, right? What are some good places to check out, both for taps and a package store?
I've been spending a lot of time up there lately, but haven't had a lot of time to look around. I'm driving up in August and mostly looking to load up on stuff I can't ordinarily find. For what it's worth, I'm staying a few blocks east of downtown. Argonaut's in walking distance, which is the only store I've looked at so far.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Thanks for the tips, man. I'm not looking to get anything outrageous per se, just pick up some bombers from breweries that don't see distro in DE or in the stores I frequent in MD, like Hoppin Frog, Port/Lost Abbey, Captain Lawrence, Terrapin. Any hot tips for rarer stuff would be appreciated, though.

Does Carton Brewing bottle their beer? Or does it make it that far west in NJ that I could try some on draft?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

@Midorka Not looking to get into trading right now but I appreciate the offer!

Hauki posted:

You live in the Denver area, right? What are some good places to check out, both for taps and a package store?
I've been spending a lot of time up there lately, but haven't had a lot of time to look around. I'm driving up in August and mostly looking to load up on stuff I can't ordinarily find. For what it's worth, I'm staying a few blocks east of downtown. Argonaut's in walking distance, which is the only store I've looked at so far.

I live like an hour outside Denver so I don't know the liquor stores real well. But in terms of bars, some good ones are Falling Rock Tap House, Vine St Pub, Star Bar, Cheeky Monk and Euclid Hall.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

danbanana posted:

Same question, different long sexy weekend with a different lady in a different city: Montreal. Any recommendations?

I'm traveling to Quebec later this year, so I've been doing a bunch of research on places there, and been getting some recommendations here. I'll just copy some of the Montreal beer relevant stuff:

Kreez posted:

Mostly I just stick to the brewpubs though. Dieu du Ciel is the obvious world famous one that you can't miss, but there's also Cheval Blanc, L'Amere a boire, and Reservoir which are my favourites. St Bock, Benelux, and Helm are pretty good too. I'd avoid the 3 brasseurs chain for the most part, though dropping in for a quick pint isn't a terrible idea. The food is horrible reheated junk now though.

Outside of Montreal, the trendiest places are probably Trou du Diable in Shawinigan, Charlevoix in Baie Saint-Paul, Hopfenstark in L'Assomption. Never visited these places though I've had some of their beers. Brasseurs du Temps in Gatineau is probably the only place I've been to outside of Montreal, and it's definitely worth a visit if you're anywhere near there. As for the others, I've never heard anyone complain about any of the brewpubs out in the country, they all seem pretty fantastic. The three I listed are distributing in small quantities all over the world due to their reviews.

Also, Vices et Versas was recommended to me somewhere as the best bar to go to to sample CA beers, they carry only CA microbrews on tap, 36 of them. The Canadian Brewing Awards might help you pick out the best they have on tap.

I just got back from Wilmington for vacation, and Front Street Brewing is making some really good beers. Really liked their Dram Tree Scottish Ale, and their Riptide Raspberry Wheat was actually an awesome fruit beer - really tasted like raspberry without being artificially cloying. And it was excellent for the 95+ degree weather.

They also had the winner of their homebrew contest on tap, which was a black double IPA that reminded me a lot of Duck-Rabbit's Hoppy Bunny. Both are one of the few examples of BIPA that I've ever really enjoyed enough to want more of.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Furious Lobster posted:

I just moved back to hometown of LA after living in the Midwest for 3 years and was wondering what are good local beers to try out in the area? I would often drink a mix of 3 Floyds, Bells, New Holland, Gooose Island, etc during the year and had just started really liking 5 Rabbit. I want to drink more summer wheat ales like Oberon and am up for any recommendations in the LA downtown and Pasadena environs.

You've got better access to stuff like Ballast Point, Alpine, The Bruery, Aleworks, etc. but I'm guessing the really local ones were what you had in mind. IE: Iron Fist, Eagle Rock, Strand, Hangar 24.

Bars to recommend: Beer Belly, Surly Goat, Verdugo, Blue Palms (if they're still open)

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

cryme posted:

Thanks for the tips, man. I'm not looking to get anything outrageous per se, just pick up some bombers from breweries that don't see distro in DE or in the stores I frequent in MD, like Hoppin Frog, Port/Lost Abbey, Captain Lawrence, Terrapin. Any hot tips for rarer stuff would be appreciated, though.

Does Carton Brewing bottle their beer? Or does it make it that far west in NJ that I could try some on draft?

You'll find all of those breweries except Captain Lawrence (never heard of them) and more at Wine Works. My trip to Delaware left me very unsatisfied in terms of selection so Wine Works should be enough to drain your wallet. It has a huge selection and is very clean. If you go on a Friday, I think after 4, they have beer tastings.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Retemnav posted:

STUFF ABOUT CANADA

Rad. Thanks. We're staying right downtown and hoping to limit a lot of travel so if any of these are reasonably close to us, I'll definitely be dragging her to one...

EDIT: Actually, most of these are within 1 to 3 km from our hotel so... Rad!

danbanana fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 25, 2012

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Yea, Montreal has a ridiculous number of brewpubs in a small area. I'm really looking forward to it this fall.

Plus, they have cheap public transport! The company/agency that runs all the buses and subways has day passes (1-day and 3-day I believe) that give you unlimited access to all of them, so I'd definitely look into them for easy getting around.

Edit: day passes - http://www.stm.info/English/tarification/a-1a3jours.htm

Retemnav fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 25, 2012

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

So there's this.

BrewDog posted:

Never Mind The Anabolics!

It is about time the greatest sporting event on the planet was not sponsored by fast food companies, sugary fizzy drinks producers or monolithic multi-national brewers. A burger, can of fizzy pop and an industrial lager are not the most ideal preparation for the steeple chase or the dressage (for human or horse).
So we decided to give the athletes something that was going to make them happier and better. A way to relax before a big event and at the same time increase the chances of winning.

This is Never Mind the Anabolics. A 6.5% India Pale Ale infused with creatine, guarana, ginseng, gingo, maca powder, matcha tea and kola nut.
Why waste time training hard? This little beauty does the hard work for you. Guaranteed to boost your sporting ability in an almost completely legal way. Most of the performance enhancing additives we infused into this ale are banned for professional athletes. But winning by any possible means is the name of the game here.

drat it, Brewdog, I liked the previous stuff but find this just genuinely pretty gimmicky. I know they're the WACKY GIMMICK BROTHERS to Dogfish Head in style and Stone in bottle labels but seriously? I mean, it could be a good beer, I wouldn't know.

(Thanks for the tips about Colorado from, what, 500 posts back by the way. They were an incredible help in shaping up this holiday-to-be)

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Midorka posted:

You'll find all of those breweries except Captain Lawrence (never heard of them) and more at Wine Works. My trip to Delaware left me very unsatisfied in terms of selection so Wine Works should be enough to drain your wallet.

Keep going. Go to State Line Liquors down in Elkton. Much better selection than anything I've seen in Delaware.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Keep going. Go to State Line Liquors down in Elkton. Much better selection than anything I've seen in Delaware.

Thanks, I'll look next time I'm in Delaware. I stopped at a few places on Route 1, or whatever road that is, and found nothing really of note. We were near Outlet Liquors and that had a pretty standard selection. I wound up buying the Evo Primal Pale Ale which I actually quite enjoy. The ratings on Ratebeer surprised me really it makes me wonder if others had old bottles or if the brewery is very inconsistent.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Midorka posted:

Thanks, I'll look next time I'm in Delaware. I stopped at a few places on Route 1, or whatever road that is, and found nothing really of note. We were near Outlet Liquors and that had a pretty standard selection. I wound up buying the Evo Primal Pale Ale which I actually quite enjoy. The ratings on Ratebeer surprised me really it makes me wonder if others had old bottles or if the brewery is very inconsistent.

Evolution's stuff is pretty solid when fresh. Their Porter is very good, and their coffee stout (which isn't bottled yet, but will be in the fall) is one of my favorite beers, local or otherwise. I don't know if they have plans to bottle their double IPA, but that is pretty good too if you can find it on draft. They are expanding further into MD and the southern PA region, so you'll see their stuff in Philly more often pretty soon.

And yes, State Line Liquors is phenomenal. Anytime I'm in Northern DE I take a trip there.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Had it at the Petrol Stn. last weekend (forgot to mention that), and it is officially my Beer of Texas! Faith in JK restored! :clint:

Now I'm gonna need an excuse to drive 3hr to Austin sometime soon to get some!

(I am somewhat sad that I'm leaving TX when you can feel it's on the cusp of completely exploding beerwise, whether the legislature feels like cooperating or not.)

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 25, 2012

air-
Sep 24, 2007

That's one of the most expensive bombers in TX right? How much was a pour at Petrol?

I'm constantly working on ways to get myself back to TX actually. Firewheel Brewing is headed by a buddy of mine from college and they are having their debut at The Common Table in Dallas tomorrow.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

air- posted:

That's one of the most expensive bombers in TX right? How much was a pour at Petrol?

Don't think they announced bottle plans yet tho that label did get TABC approval. Tho I can imagine it breaking the $20 barrier if they felt like it. The ingredient list merits it.

I...forget how much it was for a pour. There was a bottle share going on simultaneously and, oh, you know. Not $10 or whatever they wanted for Real Ale XV though, and unlike that alcobomb, this is a very good stout.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That weasel is so awesome :allears:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
It's steak night tonight at my local bar and I'm thinking of trying an English beer today. Any recommendations? I'm a lager man, by the way.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Benny the Snake posted:

It's steak night tonight at my local bar and I'm thinking of trying an English beer today. Any recommendations? I'm a lager man, by the way.

you're gonna have to meet us halfway, man.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants

Hauki posted:

Argonaut is good, but it's in the middle of downtown, so driving to it might be a pain.

My standby stores for big selection were always Total Beverage at 92nd and Sheridan, and Lukas Liquor at Yosemite and County Line.

Vine St Pub (the same as Mountain Sun and Southern Sun if you're in Boulder) was my favorite place for drinks in town. Awesome in-house brews and guest taps, and great food.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

funkybottoms posted:

you're gonna have to meet us halfway, man.
umm okay then. It's a small bar and grill where I'm going to. Decent selection of brews. I usually drink Sam Adams Boston Lager or Modelo, but I'm open to anything.

Edit: I didn't know if it count but I checked. I've had Guinness and didn't care for it. Really syrupy.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Benny the Snake posted:

umm okay then. It's a small bar and grill where I'm going to. Decent selection of brews. I usually drink Sam Adams Boston Lager or Modelo, but I'm open to anything.

Edit: I didn't know if it count but I checked. I've had Guinness and didn't care for it. Really syrupy.

Well, the English aren't exactly lager brewers but if I had to pair an English beer with a steak it would probably be an English brown ale of some kind. Maybe a Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, it's excellent and pretty widely available.

Captain Shortbus
May 14, 2011

I like smoked porter with grilled or smoked meat. Some might not like that much of a smoky flavor, but I do. Just a thought.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Furious Lobster posted:

Also hit up The York. Craftsman Brewery does not bottle and you can't find it further than L.A. county, but god drat are they some of the best beer I have had.

Golden Road is there - it's nice, but to be honest I find the beer to really just be gateway beer for those coming out of a PBR world.

Eaglerock Brewery is doing some good things and I would suggest Lady Face. Bootleggers and Bruery are there if you make your way down the five.

Spring Street bar in Downtown L.A. has some decent stuff on tap and at a good price. Really, Downtown has a lot of good beer joints opening up. Far Bar is also amazing for their beer list.

Little Bear just opened up in the arts district. It's from the same folks who own Verdugo Bar and cater to a more Belgian feel with the food and the tap list is amazingly good.

Blue Palms is indeed still open and kicking it.

Not to mention that Stone will be opening a taste/growler/shop in Pasadena sometime in August. So hey, the L.A. beer scene is coming around pretty well.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Jack Skeleton posted:

Craftsman Brewery does not bottle and you can't find it further than L.A. county, but god drat are they some of the best beer I have had.

Golden Road is there - it's nice, but to be honest I find the beer to really just be gateway beer for those coming out of a PBR world.

Was hoping someone else would chime in! Craftsman was a brewery I was having a tough time remembering since I'd never seen it before my trip to Beer Belly last year and only got to try one beer. Their Flanders red was on tap and it was very good. Very delightful tartness without being puckering, so it's quite appealing and drinkable.

I also thought Golden Road had a solid West coast IPA; kinda reminded me of Modus Hoperandi which is a big part of why I liked it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

well, what i was getting it was a taplist/location. i see that you're in southern CA, so unfortunately i have no idea what you can get out there, but Sam Smith and Fuller's are the best widely-available English beers on the market- the former's brown and the latter's ESB are both pretty good food beers (and London Porter could go well with a steak, but it might be a little on the sweet side for you)

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

funkybottoms posted:

well, what i was getting it was a taplist/location. i see that you're in southern CA, so unfortunately i have no idea what you can get out there, but Sam Smith and Fuller's are the best widely-available English beers on the market- the former's brown and the latter's ESB are both pretty good food beers (and London Porter could go well with a steak, but it might be a little on the sweet side for you)
I have a bad sweet tooth, so I don't mind. Thanks for the recommendation.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Those clever bastards in Portland Airport built a bottle shop on the right side of security!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Jack Skeleton posted:

Also hit up The York. Craftsman Brewery does not bottle and you can't find it further than L.A. county, but god drat are they some of the best beer I have had.

Eaglerock Brewery is doing some good things and I would suggest Lady Face. Bootleggers and Bruery are there if you make your way down the five.

Spring Street bar in Downtown L.A. has some decent stuff on tap and at a good price. Really, Downtown has a lot of good beer joints opening up. Far Bar is also amazing for their beer list.

Little Bear just opened up in the arts district. It's from the same folks who own Verdugo Bar and cater to a more Belgian feel with the food and the tap list is amazingly good.

Blue Palms is indeed still open and kicking it.

Not to mention that Stone will be opening a taste/growler/shop in Pasadena sometime in August. So hey, the L.A. beer scene is coming around pretty well.

We get Craftsman in San Diego.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Ballast Point event at my local on Saturday will have the following of interest on tap:

Barrel Aged Navigator Dopplebock
Indra Kunindra
Sextant Oatmeal Stout
Barmy Ale
Sculpin
Winter San Salvador Black Lager
...along with stuff like Dorado, Big Eye, etc. We get Sculpin pretty regularly these days, so it's exciting but I may end up skipping it. Indra Kunindra was a special anniversary brew with Holiday Wine Cellar (stout with curry and coconut), and it's good enough I try to drop by Holiday every time I'm in San Diego to pick up another couple of bottles. Trying it on tap will be nice.

Apparently the brewmaster, Yuseff Cherney, will be there as well. It's always fun when brewers come by for a tap takeover and hang out with the fans for a while.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

bartolimu posted:

Ballast Point event at my local on Saturday will have the following of interest on tap:

Barrel Aged Navigator Dopplebock
Indra Kunindra
Sextant Oatmeal Stout
Barmy Ale
Sculpin
Winter San Salvador Black Lager
...along with stuff like Dorado, Big Eye, etc. We get Sculpin pretty regularly these days, so it's exciting but I may end up skipping it. Indra Kunindra was a special anniversary brew with Holiday Wine Cellar (stout with curry and coconut), and it's good enough I try to drop by Holiday every time I'm in San Diego to pick up another couple of bottles. Trying it on tap will be nice.

Apparently the brewmaster, Yuseff Cherney, will be there as well. It's always fun when brewers come by for a tap takeover and hang out with the fans for a while.

Always nice to see Indra Kunindra getting some love...it was homebrewed by my buddy from high school, and he got a full-time gig at BP from it. Living the dream.

Also, the new logo for that beer is awesome, it's an octopus with each tentacle holding an ingredient in the beer.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

if you could only go to one or two bottle shops in Seattle, which ones would they be? my brother-in-law took my half-joking suggestion to do my Christmas shopping seriously and is gonna go hunting for me this weekend. apparently his two-week business trip is kinda boring, so a cool bar suggestion or two would also be nice.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

if you could only go to one or two bottle shops in Seattle, which ones would they be? my brother-in-law took my half-joking suggestion to do my Christmas shopping seriously and is gonna go hunting for me this weekend. apparently his two-week business trip is kinda boring, so a cool bar suggestion or two would also be nice.

Can you name the neighborhood/location where he is? I'm a big fan of Brouwer's Cafe (they always seem to have cool poo poo going on) and they also own a bottle shop, Bottleworks, in the same neighborhood.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

I caught a flight out of Seattle 2 weeks ago and stopped by Bottleworks on the way. Store was seriously awesome. I picked up two bottles of less than week old Pliny and a bottle of Parabola. I wish I could have bought more stuff from there but there was only so much I could fit in my suitcase. If you're into sours they also had and may still have Tilquin Gueuze too. I think thats hard to find?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

funkybottoms posted:

if you could only go to one or two bottle shops in Seattle, which ones would they be?

I don't mean to steal any attention from this, but I wouldn't mind some suggestions for San DIego. I've been to Bottlecraft and Super Jr Market, but none other than that except for some liquor stores. Are there any that sort of fly under the radar that have awesome selections or something? I'm staying in Hillcrest for the next 2 months