Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bovril Delight posted:

The CTS is a hideous car, sorry.
Look at your wrongness:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discstickers
Jul 29, 2004

Nope, 328i auto only:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-bmw-3-series-sports-wagon-first-drive-review

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

No diesel in the wagon, lame.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

davebo posted:

Look at your wrongness:

God drat I wish i could afford $70,000. That to me is pretty much the perfect vehicle. Available with stick too. Sucks there aren't very many used examples yet since I believe to get one a person has to order it. Meaning they arent just sitting around on the lots.

Maybe the ATS-V will be awesome and will end up being more in my price range. Maybe one day that will get a wagon option too. A boy can dream.

MN-Ghost
Jan 7, 2008

davebo posted:

Look at your wrongness:

I'm not seeing Bovril Delight's wrongness in this picture.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
I think the CTS-V sportwagons look better in person. I wasn't a huge fan until my friend got one in Black Diamond Tricoat with the yellow calipers. Looks pretty hot.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I saw a blacked-out CTS-V today. Same Black Diamond tricoat. I really don't think I've ever wanted a Caddy so bad before.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
We must all have seen the same one, I saw one with exactly those deatures and yellow calipers a while back too, sounded pretty mean. I don't like the sedan or coupe much especially the rear end but the wagon is just right.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

davebo posted:

Look at your wrongness:

That photo cleverly obscures the worst part of the car.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I just got a flyer in the mail for the new Fords. What did they due to the Escape? The stupid crossover look? I hate the loss of space in the back from that tapered shape. I will drive to the airport and everything fits fine in the 08 escape, the rental car will look like the new one and it doesn't fit...

I guess we will have to look for a 11 or 12 coming off a lease when we upgrade...so disappointing that it is looking like everything else...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

sanchez posted:

That photo cleverly obscures the worst part of the car.

No, I can still see some of the exterior.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The CTS-V coupe and wagon are great looking in person, but the coolness of them only slightly overcomes the ugly. A base CTS sedan is really loving bad looking. Edge styling looks great if you have a long hood and short deck, but basically ruins every other car.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

spwrozek posted:

I just got a flyer in the mail for the new Fords. What did they due to the Escape? The stupid crossover look? I hate the loss of space in the back from that tapered shape. I will drive to the airport and everything fits fine in the 08 escape, the rental car will look like the new one and it doesn't fit...

I guess we will have to look for a 11 or 12 coming off a lease when we upgrade...so disappointing that it is looking like everything else...

I thought I was the only one that thought this... and I think it about the new Explorer too. Attention Ford: you already have crossovers for the people that want them. Kindly leave the SUVs alone for people that want SUVs.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

PT6A posted:

I thought I was the only one that thought this... and I think it about the new Explorer too. Attention Ford: you already have crossovers for the people that want them. Kindly leave the SUVs alone for people that want SUVs.

You could still get an Expedition! :jerkbag:

In other news, Kia confirmed the design of the next Forte:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/23/kia-releases-sketches-of-next-generation-forte/

And it's just like the Optima but more raked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

discstickers posted:

Where did you hear this? Mine's an ST3 too.
From the Ford ST Facebook page. I can't figure out how to direct link the post, but here it is:

quote:

Hi Everyone - I know there are a lot of questions out there about the ST3 package. Here's the deal, HID headlamps will now be offered as late availability. For now, all dealer stock orders for ST3 that were scheduled were updated to base ST, ST2 or were canceled. Nothing has been done to any of your ST3 retail orders until we sort out the timing for HIDs. Most of Ford engineering and manufacturing shuts down the week of July 4th, so I will not learn anything new until this coming week. I, too, took a couple of days off last week so I apologize for being off the grid! - Lisa Schoder Focus ST US Brand Manager

discstickers
Jul 29, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

From the Ford ST Facebook page. I can't figure out how to direct link the post, but here it is:

I went searching around and saw that :smithicide:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mazda has been throwing out teasers of the 2014 6 for the last week or so, and some less obfuscating shots have come out today. I really wish they'd bring the wagon back to the States, it would be on my list when the time comes for a new car.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Pseudonym posted:

Mazda has been throwing out teasers of the 2014 6 for the last week or so, and some less obfuscating shots have come out today. I really wish they'd bring the wagon back to the States, it would be on my list when the time comes for a new car.

From what I've read it sounds like they're planning on using the same Skyactiv 2.0 engine in the 6 that's in the CX-5 and the 3. I hope that's not the case because that engine is pretty sluggish in the CX-5 and I imagine the 6 will be comparable in weight.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The 3 still has the 2.5L on their higher-end models, right, or is Mazda planning to phase them out with the next generation? If not, I don't see why there'd only be the one engine available for the 6. I hope, anyway.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Pseudonym posted:

The 3 still has the 2.5L on their higher-end models, right, or is Mazda planning to phase them out with the next generation? If not, I don't see why there'd only be the one engine available for the 6. I hope, anyway.

Yeah, they still offer the 2.5L, but the correct engine is the 2.3L turbo anyway. :getin:

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

discstickers posted:

Where did you hear this? Mine's an ST3 too.

I read somewhere (C&D?) that the F30 wagons would be auto-only stateside.

I'm seriously considering this car to replace my 2004 Civic Si. I haven't got to sit in one yet or drive it, or really anything other than read the pretty much unanimously glowing reviews of it.

I'm curious why you guys are going with the ST3 version. Is it the HID lights?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I absolutely love the front of the new 6. The rear isn't bad but it looks a lot like a Sonata or ES. I can see some Millenia in it though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love it. I'd do pretty much anything reasonable for a Speed variant but I know that's a pipe dream.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
If it doesn't grow in size (doubtful) like the second gen did, the msp6 will be the best sports sedan this side of the CTS-V. That's saying a lot too since the new Fusion is shaping up to be great as well.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

travisray2004 posted:

That's saying a lot too since the new Fusion is shaping up to be great as well.

Speaking of the new Fusion, Ford has a new configuration page up on their website.

The one I priced came out to $25,745. 1.6L ecoboost with the manual transmission, 18inch wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel and fog lights. And best of all...

Look! Cloth seats, an actual tachometer (I'm just assuming as opposed to a representation of one on an LCD), and buttons! No horrible MyFord Touch. Just the way I want it. The 2.0 liter adds $1,000 dollars to that price and a lot more power but it is automatic only, and the 1.6 is supposed to be rated at 26city/37hwy.
http://www.ebaymotorsblog.com/2013-ford-fusion/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just want a turbo AWD sedan with a 6 speed that isn't a Subaru, is that so much to ask?

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I just want a turbo AWD sedan with a 6 speed that isn't a Subaru, is that so much to ask?

The BMW 328/335i X-drive should be out real soon. It will only cost you roughly twice as much as a Subaru. :v:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

SouthLAnd posted:

The BMW 328/335i X-drive should be out real soon. It will only cost you roughly twice as much as a Subaru. :v:

X-drives are all autos are they not?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

D C posted:

335 is supposed to get either the 8 speed auto or 6 speed manual.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

D C posted:

They made some manuals but they're pretty rare.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

D C posted:

Typically you had to specifically order one and wait the 6-8 weeks but you could get a 6sp.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Eh, it might depend on the location, 335/535xis in manual are not the majority but they're pretty easy to find if you look nationally.

You have to remember BMW sells a shitload of cars in total - the 5 series outsells both the Legacy and the Impreza for example, and BMW drivers do tend to buy manuals more than other marques. You can even get the 550i with a 6 speed and I've seen them for sale used. I bet the number of manual 335xi is pretty high versus, say, the total number of manual Legacy GTs.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That's probably true, but the build mix was pretty low. The absolute count, like you said, is probably pretty good due to BMW doing 100-120K 3-series per year. Even if any given year was only a 2% mix on the 335i X-Drive, that's 2K+ cars/MY which isn't that scarce.

I wonder what the actual build mix was.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
News about a truck. From the looks of some shots Autoblog posted, the 2014 Silverado will still have a bench seat and column shifter. I don't foresee myself buying one, but I'm pretty chuffed that the bench seat still exists.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Not so much car news, but more along the lines of car-testing news: The Nurburgring is essentially bankrupt. I'm sure James May is off somewhere dancing a dance of pure joy.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SouthLAnd posted:

Look! Cloth seats

What's wrong with leather or partial leather?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KozmoNaut posted:

Leather, especially cheap leather, is cold in the winter, hot in the summer, wears poorly, and gives you sweaty rear end.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Your local Audi dealer would love to sell you an A4.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Your local Audi dealer would love to sell you an A4.

I was unaware that they offered that option to be honest. I just did a quick equip on one and priced a new one out at $45K. Quite a bit higher than the $28K my MS6 went for new. Also not a huge fan of Audi styling. I keep holding out hope that Ford will release a Fusion with the options I want.